UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Pentel ENERGel Deluxe

1. WretchedRapture
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 22:02:26

I didn't see this listed in the stock pen index, so I figure I would share. I took a trip to officemax just to see what pens were available to me in my area, and I came across some "Pentel ENERGel Deluxe". I'm still new to penspinning but I haven't heard any mentions of this pen and it seemed to me like they were new because OfficeMax had them on display with some pens to try out. They were about 7 dollars for a pack of 3, but they were on sale so I managed to pick up 2 packs for 9 dollars. The reason I decided to pick them up was simply for the grips. They have a really light texture to them, wavy lines sort of like a fingerprint, so they stick pretty well for infinity/wiper tricks. The body of the pen is a bit thicker than an RSVP and the pen itself is also a bit heavier than an unmodded RSVP. The barrel has a plastic barrier inside of it so that's nearly useless, unless you really want to drill a hole in it....There is also metal tips, but its connected to the metal portion that the grip goes around, so if you wanted to use it, it would have to be cut. As far as using it unmodded to spin, I don't think that is a good idea. It's quite stocky and back heavy, with a huge metal clip. I've yet to use the grips or tips for any mod, but it was quite suprising how easily the grip supported the weight of the pen. Also, the grips are extremely easy to remove, they slide right off when you unscrew the tip. Maybe not a big deal, just wanted to share. Has anyone else used/found these pens? :D

2. Kastup
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 23:08:58

I think @Vortechs has a mod using these

3. Van
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 23:45:56

I think @KiD was spinning a huge ass mod made up of these

4. tacohead12
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 23:56:04

Yeah, I copied vortechs mod since I randomly had a few of these lying around xD

5. hopman
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 00:12:09

no i did not see any but i think they look pretty good

6. drgripable
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 00:55:00

I used to have a grey one, i used the grip.

7. Kill
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 21:50:10

Van wrote: I think @KiD was spinning a huge ass mod made up of these
    hahaha yea, i still have it, i think they're pretty good it's Vortechs mod i used dr. grip ltd. grips and hgg for this mod.

8. Van
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 21:53:09

wait thats his mod??? that thing is like 25cm <_<

9. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:04:18

I dont think its rate but I've never seen it