UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Mod For outdoor Spinnning [Concept]

1. J74Q
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 03:42:49

Hmm... i know theres the breaker mod and one made by ponkotu but those are made of of stuff that we dont really have access to... My point, Durability - The mod must be super durable as you will be bringing it around. Spinability - The mod must be nice to spin Weight - I think this should be customizable because people like different weight mods. Aesthetic - Should be customisable to their own liking (?) Pen used - Should use easily available pens from most countries. Eg. g3 , rsvp (?) etc Most important of all, Able to be either retracted / extended (mufoofee) / broken up and easily fixed back to fit in pocket. This is just a concept... aesthetic is a bonus but it should be considered. We should discuss more on this mod and we can edit the concept. Please dont flame me... im just trying to help (Y) Peace :D Great modders @TEK And everyone is welcomed too :D

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 03:50:10

Bictory /thread

3. Mufoofee
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 05:26:07

Some people should com up with an Extendable mod... New Idea by me? If it is i will journey out to make one :devildance: And if not :...:

4. PREDATORNET
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 05:35:32

Mufoofee wrote: Some people should com up with an Extendable mod... New Idea by me? If it is i will journey out to make one :devildance: And if not :...:
    Already been done. K4S's Zebra telescopic.

5. J74Q
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 05:55:48

@Mufoofee Yea its ok when you can make one that can fit into you pocket. its added into the top :D

6. Cloud
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 05:57:40

@Mufoofee acutally doesnt work well, considering for it to retract properly, there has to be some sort of taper, which isnt very easy to spin with. but good luck. maybe some sort of breaker variation using the zebra 301 metal pen bodies for durability?

7. J74Q
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 06:03:23

@Cloud zebra 301 bodies are quite thin so it would be quite hard...

8. Ejikpyroman
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 06:32:46

Hmm... just doublecapped comssa?

9. J74Q
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 06:50:00

dc comssa is too light for most people...

10. Syrti
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 07:06:14

You could use any pen for spinning outside. But why nobody does so? The tips scratch. You need a pen without tips tho. Next point: If you drop on asphalt, the drop will be hard -> mechanism could break. Conclusion: No mechanism aswell. (Possible, but not advisable.) You do not want to scratch your body aswell -> You will need a hightend gripspace, so the body'll never touch the ground. Easy to get...hard to be done, since everybody can find different pens easier. My personal best: MC-Mod by Matrix-Chan in GPC. Don't have any ideas to improve this mod. :D

11. Froggy
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 15:09:59

Most of the pens when dropped on ground will either dent it or crack it. Even metal barrel will get scratches after a few drops on rock grounds. So, there is no such thing as "super durable" mod. PrinceXD btw, If you modded The Breaker, will u spin it outdoor? I know i wouldnt..

12. Mufoofee
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 20:59:29

Fine then. I'll stick with MMX or RSVP MX.

13. whizz
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 21:27:31

I think baaron DC-alike mod will work perfectly. It's very cheap, it has customisable length, it's flexible, and you can sub any broken part for just about $0.7. BTW, there are TONS of markers like Crayola SuperTips, and they can be found EVERYWHERE. Not identical, though, but they will still work. Who cares about tips' scratching? The pen will work almost the same way even with scratched tips, Spinnerpeem's Buster CYL proves that totally. P.S. I'm not in the list T_T It's so sad that I suck.

14. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 21:57:44

Not trying to advertise but.. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=4553 The thing is that the structure is quite simple, so it's pretty sturdy.

15. J74Q
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 22:59:46

argh... im sorry whizz i forgot you and princeXD ... I forgot TEK too @whizz Hmmm... Baaron DC alike you mean the imatt version?

16. King
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 01:30:59

I still think the bictory would be good for indestructableness/replacableness. And any grips on it wouldnt screw up the barrel. But then again, most people do not like the thin light mods :\

17. Colin
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 02:20:18

Something cheap? DC Comssa with Signo tips inside, and grips on the end. Subbed watercolour mod Theres tons of possibilities, you guys. You just have to think outside of the motherfucking box

18. miyat
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 02:39:00

If it's cheap than you can just replace and it won't matter what happens to it. I don't think it matter's much aside from that for what you spin outdoors.

19. J74Q
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 02:52:09

It comes back to my point that it doesnt fit into your pocket... they would probably stuck out of your pocket.

20. Froggy
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 03:11:12

go buy a new pair of pants :trollface: and.. you dont need "the breaker"'s mech in order to fit a mod into ur pocket MX does the job well too.. its not that long as a mod PrinceXD p.s. why sorry? @_@ i dont get it?

J74Q wrote: It comes back to my point that it doesnt fit into your pocket... they would probably stuck out of your pocket.

21. Sam
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 03:52:40

I just spin a dc s360 w/ signo tips inside and profiles outside. sometimes add hgg tips to the cap top. This is what I spin outdoors, its pretty sturdy. but the hgg tips may be loose, so i take them out

22. J74Q
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 07:19:15

@PrinceXD Haha im sorry becos i forgot to tag such a good modder like you :D

23. Froggy
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 07:27:33

lol i dont really consider myself as a good modder.. i dont mod crazy stuffs like retr, mech pencil, grip cuts, vinyl design.. etc but thats because i believe simplicity is perfection :P still.. thank you ^_^ PrinceXD

24. J74Q
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 07:40:40

but your mods are quite clean and perfect :D

25. Froggy
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 10:34:17

er.. yeah.. thanks =P Now that you got me thinking, I did a mod earlier which is mainly used for uni Its basically a mod with NO TIP, NO GRIP and writes. Reason? because no one wants to ruin a tip/grip that may be useful in the future (we never know ;)) and its simply made out of useless parts, which is always forgotten after modding (eg: Profile barrels. We use a lot of profile grips, but the barrel is usually just wastage) If u want to make a mod for outdoor spinning, and actually wont "feel the pain" of the pen when it drops and cracks etc.. then you need something that u got excess of, and that u dont care about it too PrinceXD

26. J74Q
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 11:55:11

The one you posted on Show off your pen?

27. Froggy
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 14:47:09

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af250/PrinceXDProduction/PenSpinning/ShowCase/P1000103.jpg it writes, theres no tip and grip (i removed that grip ring), and i just dont care about it because its wastage parts PrinceXD

28. mapjay
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 14:52:36

might wanna add "does not roll very far" lol.my personal mod doesnt haf much grips and it can roll.

29. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:55:54

There's outdoor and indoor mods? What are the differences because it IS pens were talking about

30. darren
    Date: Mon, May 9 2011 01:02:14

I don't know if this counts but u could use a bid body and 2 erasers, end caps and optional grips. Just trying to build on the idea of using excess unwanted parts.

31. Breezy
    Date: Mon, May 9 2011 03:29:17

darren wrote: I don't know if this counts but u could use a bid body and 2 erasers, end caps and optional grips. Just trying to build on the idea of using excess unwanted parts.
    how would that work outside?

32. penisland
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 00:46:19

I have a very simple extended g2 with all g2 parts. It's retractable and it alright to spin. PM if you want a tutorial

33. the noodler
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 04:34:00

just use a dc comssa with grips in the end(signo, g3, no-name) and stuff tips inside.

34. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 13 2011 01:16:32

What ever I use inside, I use outside