UPSB v4

Off-topic / Sleep

1. boshi
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 03:35:47

I used to sleep around 5-7 hours of sleep every night. I was always tired during class, so i tried sleeping earlier. Now i sleep between 8-10 hours. Now im tired as fuck in the morning and get SUPER tired during classes, and after school even. wuzgoin'on.

2. sangara
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 03:43:51

it's possible to get too much sleep

3. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 03:48:35

@boshi its nutrition class time =P What time do u go to sleep? The best time to go to sleep is 10:30pm [B]reason:[/B] According to chinese medication studies, They believe that during 11pm-1am - its the recovery of cells (when ur cells are not recovered = u get tired easier) 1am-3am - its the recovery of liver (the part where it filters the "bad shit" out of ur body) 3am-5am - the recovery of "immunity system" (u dont sleep at 3am-5am = ur chance of getting sick is much higher) So, it firstly depends on what time u sleep 2ndly, how long u sleep also affects how u recover from sleep studies shows that sleep for 7.5hrs is the BEST as blood circulate fully around ur body every 4hrs (like a blood cell running around ur body takes 4hrs) and its BEST when its just CLOSE to 2 cycle (hence 7.5hrs) now if you take both into consideration the best time to sleep will be 10:30pm, and wake up at around 6:00am then the best thing to do at 6:00am would be go out, suck in some fresh air.. and absorb some Vit D (if sun is up) [B]ALSO:[/B] try to keep ur sleep times consistent, making ur body knows WHEN to sleep and sleep for HOW long this way, u wont even need an alarm clock in future! your body will realize sleeping 7.5hrs is enough, and basically wake u up its hard to even go back to sleep after that!~ if the information above does NOT help u, i still have more =P PrinceXD p.s. it worked for me when i tried it, but i just cant stand sleeping at 10:30pm anymore =P

4. Sam
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 03:54:09

maybe your one of those people that don't need too much sleep. i konw some people like that

5. hawkeye
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 04:04:28

oh yeah this happened to me before... in my opinion its just like that my body's sleeping conditions changed in a way that it was unused to the time or whatever this sounds stupid.

6. blahblahting
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 04:17:23

you might just be tired because you're catching up on sleep youve been deprived of and your body wants you to keep doing that

7. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 09:03:12

Take a cup of coffee in the morning, that should help you stay awake until it's time to sleep, and you'll naturally feel tired.

8. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:19:07

@Krypton 1) What type of coffee? Black? Cap? 2) Sugar? What type? Brown? White? 3) Milk? What type? Full-Cream? Skim? Soy? Coffee DOES keep a person awake. but it DOES NOT keep a person awake for 1 whole day. Coffee is something like.. power-shots. You take them, you feel boosted for a small period of time Then you experience the negative side effect and the obvious one: you get tired, and your brain shuts down. My suggestion? NO coffee in the morning, unless its for the taste <-- and I do that every morning. God I <3 the taste of espresso PrinceXD

Krypton wrote: Take a cup of coffee in the morning, that should help you stay awake until it's time to sleep, and you'll naturally feel tired.

9. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:31:13

sleep 6 am wakeup 3-4 pm fucking sucks...I used to sleep either 11 pm~12 am then wake up 11am~12 pm -.- or 3am then wake up 3 pm...idk what happened to my sleeping habits O_O

10. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:43:16

Loool you're sleeping for 12 hours? Way to fuck up your whole day dude.

11. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:48:39

If u never sleep between 11-5 allowing ur body to rest up and recover, u will NEVER get enough sleep no matter how long u sleep. PrinceXD

Clyde wrote: sleep 6 am wakeup 3-4 pm fucking sucks...I used to sleep either 11 pm~12 am then wake up 11am~12 pm -.- or 3am then wake up 3 pm...idk what happened to my sleeping habits O_O

12. Wisp
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 11:15:14

@PrinceXD This is my wake-up <3 I'd die without it and there's only 3 capsules left :'(

13. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 11:20:37

@Wisp er what? LOL about ur musle problem, lack of calcium magnesium. calcium helps relieve muscle stress and magnesium helps absorb calcium. you need both to get the best result. PrinceXD

14. Wisp
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 11:22:25

PrinceXD wrote: @Wisp er what? LOL about ur musle problem, lack of calcium magnesium. calcium helps relieve muscle stress and magnesium helps absorb calcium. you need both to get the best result. PrinceXD
    No its a physical pain where I hit it against something :p Check the image naow

15. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 11:24:20

Thanks sathonmig for the graph and some information, he posted this thing a year ago on THPSC forum. I suddenly thought about this so I decide to share. It's called 'Sleep Cycle' and it lasts for around 90 minutes[Depends on each person as well.]. Each person has different period of time for Sleep Cycle, you need to find on your own. Some people sleep for 4.5 hours and they are even fresher than most people. Take a look at the graph and you will see that after 5 hours of sleeping, the sleeping stage won't go down to Stage 3 anymore. So after 5 hours, you won't be in the 'deep' sleeping stage anymore. PrinceXD's info also works, but that 7.5 hours is just a measurement according to the stats and information they gathered from most people. You might whether need more or less.

16. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 11:45:29

Of course everyone have different sleeping traits Which is why I use research results based on the general. and scientists calculated 7.5hrs is the best because it applies to MOST OF THE PEOPLE. I tried it myself, and im one of those people that matches above. --- oh wisp! now i see the image.. just make sure u dont end up "depending" on it. its never good to depend onto something u know ;) i cant really give u advice in terms of ur muscle problem i only have limited nutrition knowledge.. studied for it a bit during my internship if it does happens everyday i suggest u do a body check. PrinceXD

17. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 13:16:10

@PrinceXD Black coffee, white sugar, creamer powder. I didn't say anything about being awake the whole day and be a zombie, but I meant being awake in school and the caffeine effects will wear out in the evening. I drink at about 7.00 every morning and I start to get tired about after dinner. But it's the right time to.

18. Enigmatic
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 13:41:34

lol no idea but I coould sleep 4 hours or 8 hours and i still wake up with no problem, just take a shower and go, you may need to take energy drinks or something like coffee

19. Bleevlee
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 16:20:15

I naturally usually don't give a fuck about sleep. The only time I want to sleep is when I'm really fucking tired. Otherwise, I don't feel like I need sleep.

20. Alvaris
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 16:54:04

Can't your body get used to the sleeping rate..based on what prince said, 11-1, 1-3, 3-5 blahblahblah, can't the timing be adjusted over time?

21. tylt
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 17:26:37

You're probably growing, and your body needs alot of time to turn energy into new bone and muscle. You can't exactly do this as efficiently when you are awake, so you body shuts shit down and puts you into a nice little coma. I get random nap tired all the time, just part of growing up I think.

22. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 23:05:53

MSG makes me drowsy wat do

23. boshi
    Date: Fri, Apr 22 2011 06:08:30

New problem: im depressed as fuck. i think i might be in-love, but i also think i'm just not enjoying life anymore.