UPSB v4

Gatherings / Meetings / Pen Spinners in Massachusetts...

1. Ice Cobra
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:53:37

i think it would be really cool to get a group of spinners just from massachusetts. to make videos, and talk about pen stuff. and if were good enough, maybe even talk about competition :] but yea, if anyone is interested, please reply, and we can talk however you want, through PM or whateva. thanks ~ ice cobra oh yea, and if theres enough people, then we could all have a big gathering before the summer gets over, or during a vacation ^_^

2. Ice Cobra
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 03:42:58

now im starting to think just mass may be hard...so how abut all east-coast states? including RI and CT? etc..

3. mintypaladin
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 21:14:52

fyi lotz of the spinners in massachusetts either dont have a upsb cuz they have better things to do, they quit and did breakdancing, etc.. if u were at massjam, then i think i saw u i dont live their anymor

4. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:25:31

mintypaladin wrote: fyi lotz of the spinners in massachusetts either dont have a upsb cuz they have better things to do, they quit and did breakdancing, etc.. if u were at massjam, then i think i saw u i dont live their anymor
    wait really? hmm. i been goin to malls and spinning...no one approached me yet lol. im waitin to meet spinners! :o but what is massjam? sounds familiar...

5. JC
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:37:31

All east coast states would be impossible... there's no way you can get all the spinners from Florida up to Mass. And even though I live in NY, which is relatively close (3-4hr drive), I still wouldn't go if it's in Mass. In order to have a tournament, we'd need probably all the spinners from the east coast to make it a decently sized tournament...but like I just said, east coast gathering would be impossible. There's no way you can decide on where to have it either -- everyone would want to have it in their state so they don't have to move -.- For you to meet more spinners, your best bet is to have a Boston Gathering or something... but as you probably know, there aren't many spinners in Mass. The gathering will definitely have less than 10 spinners. (It'll probably have about 5 spinners tops) There's nothing you can really do about that.. Mass just isn't a heavily spinner populated state. But hey, gotta work with what you have :\

6. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:48:38

JC wrote: All east coast states would be impossible... there's no way you can get all the spinners from Florida up to Mass. And even though I live in NY, which is relatively close (3-4hr drive), I still wouldn't go if it's in Mass. In order to have a tournament, we'd need probably all the spinners from the east coast to make it a decently sized tournament...but like I just said, east coast gathering would be impossible. There's no way you can decide on where to have it either -- everyone would want to have it in their state so they don't have to move -.- For you to meet more spinners, your best bet is to have a Boston Gathering or something... but as you probably know, there aren't many spinners in Mass. The gathering will definitely have less than 10 spinners. (It'll probably have about 5 spinners tops) There's nothing you can really do about that.. Mass just isn't a heavily spinner populated state. But hey, gotta work with what you have :\
    thanks JC youve helped me out alot :P but yea its understandable, since most spinners are in california lol. oh well, yea hopefully something can work out. hope for the best, right? ^_^

7. JC
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:59:22

Yea... when I went to southern california last summer, the gathering had like ~40 people... norcal has a lot too. But compared to the asian countries/their gatherings, that isn't a lot at all. I went to a small scale gathering in Hong Kong one time, and that easily had ~15-20 people. America in general just doesn't have too many spinners, and especially not east coast. But gotta make the best outta what we can

8. mintypaladin
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:55:32

Ice Cobra;6639]wait really? hmm. i been goin to malls and spinning...no one approached me yet lol. im waitin to meet spinners! :o but what is massjam? sounds familiar...[/QUOTE] if it doesent pop into yur head immidieatly, then i didnt see u and like i said.. [QUOTE=mintypaladin wrote: fyi lotz of the spinners in massachusetts either dont have a upsb cuz they have better things to do, they quit and did breakdancing, etc.. if u were at massjam, then i think i saw u i dont live their anymor
    i know about 7 spinners whoarent upsb active for different reasons scratch massjam, if yur in bsa, went to massjam, and yur caucasian, then i saw u

9. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:44:13

JC wrote: Yea... when I went to southern california last summer, the gathering had like ~40 people... norcal has a lot too. But compared to the asian countries/their gatherings, that isn't a lot at all. I went to a small scale gathering in Hong Kong one time, and that easily had ~15-20 people. America in general just doesn't have too many spinners, and especially not east coast. But gotta make the best outta what we can
    holy crap!! thats crazy! i always wished i was japanese :o lol ;] but hopefully i can spread the art of spinning around the general area. im getting more and more ppl interested, so its slowly spreading :]

10. mintypaladin
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 22:51:42

Ice Cobra wrote: holy crap!! thats crazy! i always wished i was japanese :o lol ;] but hopefully i can spread the art of spinning around the general area. im getting more and more ppl interested, so its slowly spreading :]
    yes but srry to break hope, but breakdancing has taken over massachusetts..

11. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 23:33:22

mintypaladin wrote: yes but srry to break hope, but breakdancing has taken over massachusetts..
    lmao rlly? mass is crap. breakdancing...too ghetto for me o.O

12. mintypaladin
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 00:05:54

yes..lol.. a prominent spinner lives in lowell a large group lives in acton that is all i know

13. Ice Cobra
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 00:35:29

mintypaladin wrote: yes..lol.. a prominent spinner lives in lowell a large group lives in acton that is all i know
    sweet man, ill look into that. thanks!

14. JC
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 01:42:53

mintypaladin wrote: yes..lol.. a prominent spinner lives in lowell a large group lives in acton that is all i know
    who? names please prominent spinner in lowell...? i don't know of any prominent spinners in Mass at all :\

15. mintypaladin
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 03:21:44

idk his username, but his name is tak wong..i think

16. Flarion
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 03:41:26

Im over in Mass I was talking to JC about it the other day in the sb I suck at spinning in general, but it would be cool to have a gathering or something

17. JC
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 07:44:27

Flarion wrote: Im over in Mass I was talking to JC about it the other day in the sb I suck at spinning in general, but it would be cool to have a gathering or something
    where in mass? are you close to boston?

18. Ice Cobra
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 16:35:43

Flarion wrote: Im over in Mass I was talking to JC about it the other day in the sb I suck at spinning in general, but it would be cool to have a gathering or something
    yes! keep in touch with either me or JC. I live more towards the center of mass. :]

19. Malch
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 17:41:18

If we don't have enough spinners in Mass we could always get someone with a car to drive us to one of the NYC gatherings. :dunno:

20. Ice Cobra
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 18:46:16

Malch wrote: If we don't have enough spinners in Mass we could always get someone with a car to drive us to one of the NYC gatherings. :dunno:
    yea id be willing to do that. i can drive people starting August 13th :] ...but idk if im allowed to drive out of state til im 18 :o

21. JC
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 21:19:27

lol, so much driving for you guys, i'd feel bad there may be another nyc gathering in august, but that's up to you guys i guess :\ there'll be a gathering in mass anyhow

22. Ice Cobra
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 22:28:00

JC wrote: lol, so much driving for you guys, i'd feel bad there may be another nyc gathering in august, but that's up to you guys i guess :\ there'll be a gathering in mass anyhow
    yea i understand. but once you have the time & place established for NYC, i can decide if i can make it or not. but for the mass one, i could round up some people if they cant get a ride ^_^

23. Malch
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 00:12:31

You'll just have to make it worth our while, JC. :hmm:

24. Flarion
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 03:32:10

so if we make a mass gathering, where would it happen? burlington mall? northshore mall? prudential? may take a bit longer for you guys out farther west, but we need somewhere convenient for mostly everyone

25. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 05:01:28

Flarion wrote: so if we make a mass gathering, where would it happen? burlington mall? northshore mall? prudential? may take a bit longer for you guys out farther west, but we need somewhere convenient for mostly everyone
    right right. i say either Boston or Worcester. Worcester would be more convenient for me, but Boston may be for everyone else :P whaddya think?

26. JC
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 05:15:12

Malch wrote: You'll just have to make it worth our while, JC. :hmm:
    Too much pressure T___T nyc gathering's are usually pretty small, don't bother ^^; hm.. so it seems there's a solid 4 people now? me, malch, ice cobra, and flarion i know where prudential is, no idea where the other two malls are i'd like to keep it within reach of the T-stations, that's all i need ^^;

27. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 14:29:13

there would be 5 people cuz i spin with spinnin_bro. i keep telling him he hasta go on UPSB more!! but ok, so itll be at prudential?! convenient for everyone?

28. Flarion
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 23:56:04

Ice Cobra wrote: there would be 5 people cuz i spin with spinnin_bro. i keep telling him he hasta go on UPSB more!! but ok, so itll be at prudential?! convenient for everyone?
    It would probably work for me, but id need to find out where prudential is... and id need to arrange a method to get there and Worcester wouldnt work for me, as it would be a hassle to get there Also, when would we be having it?

29. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 00:44:04

Flarion wrote: It would probably work for me, but id need to find out where prudential is... and id need to arrange a method to get there and Worcester wouldnt work for me, as it would be a hassle to get there Also, when would we be having it?
    yea idk where prudential is either :o i nvr rlly been 2 boston x] i go to newton alot though. BUT for me, the end of august is good. also weekends in september. i think september for JC because thats when he'll be back in boston.

30. Malch
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 02:44:50

JC when will you be coming to Boston? The end of August is probably best for me but I could do September as well.

31. JC
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 03:13:53

the first day i can move in is september 1st I think... so anytime after that :\

32. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Jul 23 2010 18:50:50

yay im back :P ok so nothing is happening in august, correct?

33. mintypaladin
    Date: Fri, Jul 30 2010 04:09:48

oh ya also http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showuser=2556 that guys a dick...but hes a spinner

34. Flarion
    Date: Fri, Jul 30 2010 14:19:58

This isnt really related, but for JC, if you have access to the T, Im assuming you mean orange, red, green, blue, and purple and all those? Because if you have access to purple, you could meet me like 10 minutes from my house, lol

35. JC
    Date: Sat, Jul 31 2010 03:29:33

Flarion wrote: This isnt really related, but for JC, if you have access to the T, Im assuming you mean orange, red, green, blue, and purple and all those? Because if you have access to purple, you could meet me like 10 minutes from my house, lol
    Um... i don't think a purple line exists o.0... unless you mean the blue line? what stop would i get off at to get to the t-stop by your house? i'm all the way at the end of the green line lol

36. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sat, Jul 31 2010 04:50:36

mintypaladin wrote: oh ya also http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showuser=2556 that guys a dick...but hes a spinner
    wait how come he's a dick? lol maybe he can go too, if he wants :P

37. Flarion
    Date: Sun, Aug 1 2010 03:11:17

The purple (commuter i guess is what you would call it) line. seen here: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hio.harvard.edu/settlinginatharvard/images/t_map.png&imgrefurl=http://www.hio.harvard.edu/settlinginatharvard/livinginthecommunity/transportation/&usg=__QG1E3sxrZgbg0qAWWCMGeruNK68=&h=764&w=740&sz=151&hl=en&start=0&sig2=nxiqfdTqnrIRS8y9sDqWAw&tbnid=8p8JfwjHAKnyjM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=128&ei=jOVUTOnJK4nHnAfpxOTYBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dboston%2BT%2Bpurple%2Bline%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D807%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=322&vpy=163&dur=490&hovh=228&hovw=221&tx=144&ty=134&page=1&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0 holy fudge, long link, but, you go to the main purple station and take a train out of there.

38. JC
    Date: Wed, Aug 11 2010 07:43:24

oooh, it's a commuter rail... hm, if that's the case, i can access anything that the commuter rail/purple line goes to too.. so if there's a better place to meet up, i can go there too as long as the purple line is by it oh, and i forgot.. ello goes to NU, so he would probably be able to come too :]

39. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Aug 12 2010 08:04:33

JC wrote: oh, and i forgot.. ello goes to NU, so he would probably be able to come too :]
    I haven't heard anyone mention New York TEK in forever :O

40. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Aug 15 2010 06:33:26

so wanna establish a set meeting date/place?

41. JC
    Date: Sun, Aug 15 2010 08:17:49

I'm still fine with the Prudential Center, they usually have plenty of empty chairs in the food court and other places to just chill. And as for day, maybe Sept 18th? It'll give me some time to settle into school again and it's a Saturday.

42. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Aug 15 2010 14:06:24

hmm my band has a show that day, so maybe the weekend after that?

43. JC
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 02:28:03

Where: Prudential Center Time: Sept. 25, ~12pm Is that good for everyone?

44. Malch
    Date: Thu, Aug 19 2010 01:25:41

I have an all-day cross country meet the 25th. And every Saturday I have practice from 9 till around 11:30 but I could make it work. We could also look at Sundays. When do your classes start, JC? I was thinking Thursday September 9th could work because it's Rosh Hashanah.

45. JC
    Date: Thu, Aug 19 2010 21:26:35

my school doesn't celebrate jewish holidays ^^; it's a catholic school :X soo.. sept 26th? or sept 19th? and my classes start at 11am on thursdays and end at 4pm, but that's just for thursday some other days start at 9am, and some days end at 9pm (Wednesday... fuuu- =.='' 9am-9pm, with a little break here and there...>.>)

46. Ice Cobra
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 15:47:14

lol alright i think those sundays would work. either of them. the 26th preferably, cuz the band has a show on the 18th. i may be wiped out xD *if meet was the 19th*

47. Malch
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 23:52:34

Sept 26 is good. Noon? Anything else we need to plan?

48. Pen
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 01:54:20

I live in Lowell and spin :D

49. JC
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:51:54

Malch wrote: Sept 26 is good. Noon? Anything else we need to plan?
    nope..not really, i don't have any plans, i was just gonna chill/eat/spin ^^; i'll try to bring sailorboy and ello along too :] soo.. who's coming, i need a confirmation again me, malch, ice cobra, maybe sailorboy/ello, maybe Pen(pen, you should come :) ) i just want anyone else coming to confirm that they can come to Prudential Center on Sept. 26th at noon

50. Ice Cobra
    Date: Fri, Sep 10 2010 00:40:01

ok i spin with 2 kids in my school...they both have accounts actually. 1 = 'mannix' and the other = spinnin_bro so ill see if they wanna go too :] and i may bring a friend to do some filming? maybe *my gf*

51. Afrit
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 13:30:00

So I guess like no spinners live around me? xD figures. Cape Cod >.>

52. JC
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 16:10:04

mhm yeah, cape cod is pretty far from the gathering place... but i googled mapped it at around 35-45 min, which i don't think is an unreasonable distance if you wanna go -- it takes me about an hour to get to nyc gatherings when i'm in NY, and it takes loanshark like 2-3 hours i believe to get to NYC gathering from Connecticut too, so 40min isn't too bad

53. Afrit
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 00:15:39

Maybe when i get my liscence =/

54. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 00:36:32

yea dude the meeting place is like 2.5 hours from my place. but can we have like something on the 25th? because i will be in boston that day anyway. its Berklee's open house day, and i plan on attending there for video game music ^_^

55. JC
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 03:38:17

won't you be busy that day then lol?

56. Malch
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 00:15:23

25th doesn't work for me... Sorry. D:

57. JC
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 04:54:02

yeah, let's just try to keep it on the 26th please..

58. Near
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 15:55:26

Hey guys :D Well I just arrived in Boston (I live in a host family in Medford actually) for 1 week now, and that meeting is a great idea =) You'll see how bad my english is xD anyway Basically I was too lazy to read all the 6 pages of this topic... may I have a very quick summary please? ^^

59. JC
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 16:17:59

Near wrote: Hey guys :D Well I just arrived in Boston (I live in a host family in Medford actually) for 1 week now, and that meeting is a great idea =) You'll see how bad my english is xD anyway Basically I was too lazy to read all the 6 pages of this topic... may I have a very quick summary please? ^^
    It was just discussing the who, when, where of the gathering. The gathering will be me, Malch, Ice Cobra (if he can make it on Sunday..?), and maybe sailorboy24(i have yet to ask him though, he attends the same college as me). So yeah, it's gonna be pretty small lol Place: Prudential Center (I just looked up Medford, you're like ~15 min away from it so not too bad =]) Time: Sunday, September 26th at ~12pm

60. Near
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 17:07:46

All right =) Yea, quite small meeting indeed xD edit : 15 mn with a car, but with bus + train it's 1 hours xD doesn't matter

61. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 17:20:05

yea i wanna really try and make it :o JC maybe i can have you # to let you know, or if i get lost or something x]

62. JC
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 22:12:47

uh yeah, sure, whoever wants my number, just PM me but i'm from NY.. not boston =.='' so it's not like i know this area super well lol, but i've been to prudential a few times soo it should be fine

63. Malch
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 21:22:43

:o How lucky is it that our gathering is during the one week Near is near. lol.

64. JC
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 21:32:14

lol, well, near is gonna be around the area for the whole school year :] so we can have more with him if you guys want he's pretty close to me so i might chill with him more later,but you guys are a bit further so i duno if you guys are willing to :( but gathering this sundayy, can't wait :]

65. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Sep 23 2010 00:23:42

dude im pretty upset x[ i feel like a jerk because i started this thread for a gathering and i cant even make it now =/ i have no ride out there because my car just like...stopped working? :[

66. JC
    Date: Fri, Sep 24 2010 19:32:38

Fail man.. fail. Alright.. so still, gathering on Sunday with me, Malch, and Near attending then? lol

67. Malch
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 00:15:55

This is no good Ice Cobra. No good at all. Now I get to be the noob of the gathering.

68. JC
    Date: Sat, Sep 25 2010 00:54:51

nahhh, you got me :D

69. JC
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 06:03:49

Okay, gathering's tomorrow. Malch/Near.. I hope you guys are still going, cause I am..and I don't wanna go there and have no one show up (like what happened to Eso.. -.-) Soooooo, if you see thiss, can you guys give me a call and confirm that you guys are going and so that I can get your number? I think I'll try to be around the food court waiting for you guys, but give me a call so we can find out where we all are. Thanks guyss, see you two tomorrow :]

70. Malch
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 14:33:33

I don't have your number D: I'll be carrying a white PDS case though.

71. Flarion
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 15:37:00

Sorry I havent been keeping up with this thread guys, I wont be able to make it today though =/

72. JC
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 23:32:59

another fail but it's cool, we can set up another gathering if people want :] omg.. all my friends said meeting up with people from the internet is so sketchy -.-'' (which i guess it sorta is)... and then called me a creep cause everyone was younger than me ;___; but gathering was fun :] learned some new stuff from near, and expect to see a gathering vid from near sometime today or tomorrow!

73. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 23:54:23

yay awesome ^_^ i wanna see it :] sorry malch xP @JC yea when i told my friends they said it was sketchy to meet up with people. oh well :] ill be at the next one :]

74. Near
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 02:53:50

Here it is, guys! ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iir26qZEZ2Q [video=youtube;iir26qZEZ2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iir26qZEZ2Q[/video] That was a nice meeting dudes :) thanks! I hope I'll see more people next time ^^

75. JC
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 05:20:08

awesome vid =]! (i was the only one who dropped, so sadd~ lol) it was cool meeting you two todayy :) hope to see you guys againn