UPSB v4

Approved Tutorials / Nachoaddict's Playcolor2 Mod

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:24:56

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"]Important update![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hey everyone this is an easy way to secure the signo tips in the caps. If you put airblanc grip sections down the caps you can hold the signo tips and they won't rattle or come out easily. It's hard to see the grips when you look at the mod and almost invisible if you're spinning it.
    Yeah didn't have a better name :/ Alright so I got a few requests for this and decided to make a tutorial. Let me know what you guys think! =========================== Stats: =========================== Nachoaddict's PC2 Mod COG: COP Length: Metallic Comssa or 20 cm Weight: Slightly higher than an EP Comssa Style: Double Sided Writing-Mechanism: Ink Removed Ink-Type: N/A Estimated-Cost: $12-20 ($12 if you purchase only the parts needed for the mod OR $20 if you purchase all the full pens) =========================== Materials List: =========================== 2x Playcolor2 (Bodies) 2x Signo Broad (Tips and Caps) 2x Bic (1 Body both "Grips") 2x Dr. Grip Japanese Shaker (Grip) 2x No-name Highlighter (available at Daiso)-"they have no name or markings on the barrel but they re hilighter pen caps not double sided lik rikota" -Darkrose 2x Anyball Grip (2 sections of grey and 3 of black) Picture of the no-name caps: [SPOILER="Tutorial"]1) Gather your materials. 2) Cut the PC2 bodies down to 5.5 cm. Make sure you preserve the arrow logos. Cut in front of the "P" in Playcolor. 3) Cut the Signo Broad caps down to 3 cm and add 1 cm strips of electrical tape to the sides with the smaller holes. 4) Cut the Dr. Grip grips down to 0.8 cm. 5) Cut the Bic body down to about 4cm. Accuracy here does not matter. 6) Connect the PC2 bodies with 3 Anyball rings in between (grey-black-grey) and push the Bic "grips" into the other sides of the PC2 bodies. Make sure that the arrow logos are facing each other. 7) Now take your No-name Highlighter caps and drop the Signo tips into the holes as shown below. Take something and either tap then down onto that nub in the cap or push them down until they do not come out when you shake them. 8) Pull the cut Signo Broad caps onto the highlighter caps. The big hole of the Signo Broad goes over the smaller side of the no-name cap. Also, add the Dr. Grip grips to the other side. [/SPOILER]

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:27:06

[SPOILER="Tutorial Continued"]9) Take your remaining 2 Anyball sections and pull them onto the ends of the PC2 bodies and then push your caps onto the Bic "grips". Everything should be snug. [/SPOILER] Video Tutorial: Thoughts + Comments are appreciated. By the way you can fix the slight instability of the tips in the caps by dabbing a bit of superglue to the insides before pushing them onto the nubs.

3. Riley
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:47:05

Is this the Rikota highlighter? I found a 5 pack at Daiso some time ago to use as a clear body. However, signo tips don't fit, so I guess they aren't the right ones? EDIT: Could you please tell the length of one of the Rikota caps? @Nachoaddict 2nd Edit: Signo broad caps fit loosely over, the rikota cap falls out easily. Signo tips or bic round stic grips can't fit in at all, so I guess it doesn't work. I think yours are a little longer, and the hole for signo tips are bigger. 3rd Edit: Name suggestion: PlayKota Mod? 4th Edit: If anyone finds a sub for the highlighter caps, please tell me.

4. Riley
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:47:43

Oops, double post, delete this please. My bad.

5. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:49:10

The caps look different. I got mine from a trade with Saw and he said these were the ones used in Slofis' DC Mod, which I always thought used Rikota highlighters. Maybe there are two versions? If someone could clear this up for me, that would be great.

6. sasuak
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:50:37

I dont have any playcolor2 so i dont know much about that pen.... but why you dont just stic that 2 playcolor2 using Xzelph method ? I thinks his method is pretty cool dan "maybe" more stable than using the bic for stic it (and less material too, coz we dont need that bic pen)

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:53:56

@Riley Could you see if those caps fit the bic grips and if you have any signo broad caps, could you try those too for me? And out of curiosity do the signo tips fit on the other side of the caps?

8. PREDATORNET
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 05:04:47

Very nice job on this mod, looks great. :)

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 05:13:52

Thanks @Riley Mine are about 4cm

10. Velocity
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 06:42:16

I would love it if Penwish made these

11. Quai
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 06:48:04

At first i was like, WTF? are those grips infront? But they were just caps. haha. I really want to make one but i don't have those Rikota caps. Is there a sub for the caps?

12. Kastup
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 06:58:56

Nice mod! It was a great idea and looks very clean

13. Holypie
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 12:01:26

Ah, curse those uncommon parts. Anyone willing to sell me these caps? =P

14. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 15:19:26

Thanks guys. Uh the caps yeah. I'm currently trying to figure out the name because there's a small chance they aren't rikota ><. Also I'll try looking for subs or maybe someway to use the real rikota caps

15. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 17:26:58

Those caps looks VERY SIMILAR to those muji twin marker caps.. just I guess the size aint the same >_> cuz for the muji caps, they have "lips" at where you put the dr grip grips. PrinceXD

16. Fletch
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 19:09:25

This mod looks very nice and clean I just wish there was a way to remove the bar code graphic. it interferes with the clean solid color.

17. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 19:10:01

@PrinceXD Does the ink run through all the way for those? Because mine, the ink only ran though one side and I got a dc'd pen

18. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 21:22:57

@Nachoaddict http://penwish.com/images/muji2.jpg For your reference ;) PrinceXD

19. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 21:51:08

Oh I see. Yeah thanks for the pic. My caps are definitely not Muji caps because they don't have that wider area where the body connects to the cap.

20. darkrose
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 04:20:23

they sell them at daiso they have no name or markings on the barrel but they re hilighter pen caps not double sided lik rikota

21. Riley
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 04:30:01

darkrose wrote: they sell them at daiso they have no name or markings on the barrel but they re hilighter pen caps not double sided lik rikota
    But are they made by Rikota? Does the packaging at Daiso say Rikota?

22. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 04:49:19

Oookay thanks for clarifying @darkrose :). Yeah I must have mixed them up. I will update the tutorial when I get on. computer. OH and if anyone has a picture of the pen in its packaging, let me know. I don't live near a Daiso but that would be really helpful in my guide and I would of course properly credit you for a pic.

23. Elune
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 16:16:44

Great mod and tut ... Errr ... I still don't get those No-name markers =.=" Can't find some >.< Any subs everyone ?

24. sarugio
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 03:49:54

god dammit i found those caps at daiso

25. Velocity
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 05:15:08

do comssa caps fit the playcolour 2 barrels?

26. YETI
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 20:17:40

Great job! this mod looks pro:)

27. walrus
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 21:11:06

Would the Cra Z Art Brush Marker caps work as a good substitute? @Nachoaddict They are about 5.6 cm long and Uniball Signo tips fit perfectly into them...

28. Kiiro
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 22:39:01

thats a cool looking mod

29. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Apr 22 2011 02:55:19

Thanks for the comments guys. @Jan They'll definitely change the length of the mod without cutting anything else but if signo tipsfit on the inside and bic bodies can attach them to the pc2 bodies, I don't see why not. I'll have to try them out too just out of curiosity

30. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Apr 25 2011 22:04:10

How about: "Nachoaddict's Caliber .33 mod"?

31. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Apr 25 2011 23:00:11

As a reference to a gun? But I don't really use anything that has to do with firearms in here. Doesn't really looks like a gun at least to me lol

32. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Apr 25 2011 23:04:24

Nachoaddict wrote: As a reference to a gun? But I don't really use anything that has to do with firearms in here. Doesn't really looks like a gun at least to me lol
    Well...I thought that the hidden signo tip was cool, looks like a loaded gun you know. And I just realized that the "muzzle" of your mod is actually tapered, so it might actually be quite a bit wider than .33 -_-

33. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Apr 25 2011 23:34:28

@Nachoaddict It looks so nice and clean. What's the camera you're using? I would make this mod but I don't have any playcolors or Rikota caps. :/

34. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Apr 26 2011 00:22:49

do the no name pens come in packs of 2?

35. daniel0731ex
    Date: Tue, Apr 26 2011 01:52:20

@Nachoaddict Ooo I just got another idea: "The Silver Bullet". How about that? You could also try "Diamond Cartridge" :P

36. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Apr 26 2011 02:51:39

Eh silver bullet sounds okay but the only thing silver about it is the tips. If it was all silver I'd like the name better. I think Ima just leave as is lol :) @exclusive I have no clue. Never been to Daiso so can't help you there >< I got mine from a trade

37. cyshing
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 15:39:39

Just Playmod? =P Ok, I think i got the right Daiso No-name highlighter for this. Here is the compare with Rikota highlighter. Both are Daiso products. The No-name highlighter packaging has a D-37 code and Rikota highlighter packaging has D-39. The code is very very small at the info part of packaging, you won't notice it if you dont look carefully. I'll mod this if i get playcolor2 or find a good sub. =) BTW, can i know how long is the PC2 connected body?(without the Bic "grip")

38. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Apr 27 2011 21:35:06

Nice work @cyshing! The body of the mod with the anyball rings in between is 12.2cm but since the pc2 bodies are cut, yiu can adjust the length to your liking. You could try CT AC and ST bodies. You'll just need to thicken the bic "grips" with tape to make sure they don't fall out.

39. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 21:37:50

/updated with video tutorial. Check 2nd post!

40. exclusive
    Date: Fri, May 13 2011 21:27:44

cyshing wrote: Just Playmod? =P Ok, I think i got the right Daiso No-name highlighter for this. Here is the compare with Rikota highlighter. Both are Daiso products. The No-name highlighter packaging has a D-37 code and Rikota highlighter packaging has D-39. The code is very very small at the info part of packaging, you won't notice it if you dont look carefully. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7295/daisohighlighter.jpg http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4497/daisohighlighter2.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3294/daisohighlighter3.jpg No-name Highlighter is 6-pack (yeah! i like 6-pack) and Rikota Highlighter is 5-pack. I'll mod this if i get playcolor2 or find a good sub. =) BTW, can i know how long is the PC2 connected body?(without the Bic "grip")
    how did u get the tip out if its stuck even deeper and without breaking the cap?

41. Pencil
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 10:01:52

Too hard to get caps :(

42. Velocity
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 10:03:34

Pencil wrote: Too hard to get caps :(
    They are from Daiso

43. cyshing
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 08:07:02

exclusive wrote: how did u get the tip out if its stuck even deeper and without breaking the cap?
    Not sure yet, wait until i mod this mod, i'll try taking out the tip. :P

44. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 23:20:51

If you push them in really hard, you should try tapping the caps on a table so the tips are pointing down. Eventually they should drop out. Maybe you could try banging them really hard but you might risk damaging the caps then.

45. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Sep 15 2011 22:19:58

Hey everyone this is an easy way to secure the signo tips in the caps. If you put airblanc grip sections down the caps you can hold the signo tips and they won't rattle or come out easily. It's hard to see the grips when you look at the mod and almost invisible if you're spinning it.

46. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Oct 16 2011 02:52:44

Recently I got some of the exact same highlighers as the one Cyshing has in her picture http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=5116&p=88608&viewfull=1#post88608 However they are slightly different from the ones I used in the mod. These "subs" work perfectly fine and everything fits together very well and is stable however there is a very slight variation in the design of the cap. You won't be able to notice it though ^_^

47. Tommy
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 09:57:06

looks beautifull