UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Lightbright caps , V 2.2

1. bubbles
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 03:24:59

[SIZE="7"]V 2.3 coming soon with major upgrades will update when there done[/SIZE] 2.3 PROTOTYPE [video=youtube;HykphOntjlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykphOntjlY[/video] Statistics --------------- Name: Lightbright caps COG:COP Length: 24.5 cm (can be made shorter, cut the bic round stick) Weight: 25g (change the grips and tips to change the weight) Style: Double Capped Writing Mechanism: No-ink Estimated Cost: $25 --------------------------- Materials: 2 LED bulbs (I got mine at The Source) 6 cr1220 batteries Wire cutters Pliers Clear tape Pens needed (2) clear bic round sticks (2) Dr. grip tips and grips (Canadian) ------------------------------ Video: [video=youtube;tCOEqRqpfCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCOEqRqpfCw[/video] Step by step: [SPOILER="Tutorial"]1: Put 3 batteries into the grip about .5 cm 2: Put a back plug from one of the bic round sticks into the Dr. grip cap 3: Put the Dr. grip tip into the grip so it touches the battery (it wont actually the plastic cap will. 4: Tape the cap so that the Dr. Grip grip fits on 5: Put the LED down the cap so the prongs stick out. Repeat the last 5 steps on the other cap 6: Put a ink holder on each side of the bic pen 7: Put everything together, you may need to cut the LED prongs 8: you can put the caps on different bodies with minor mods, with the Dr. KT body just some tape and with the buster body just 1 cm of a bic round stick cap to plug the back of the buster. [/SPOILER] Question and Answer Q: Will I get shocked if the tip touches the batteries A: nope Q: How do I turn it off A: Take off the grips (I'm to stupid to figure out a switch for this) There you go its that simple folks

2. Colin
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 03:35:19

This is good..this is good. Problem is: 1)You made a Dr.Bictory 2)Bic caps arent applicable for everything, even if they fit 3)Your asthetics arent that great. Try using Cartoon Comssa caps, those are clearer, thicker, and more better. But good, the (first?) LED tutorial ive seen. evar.

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 03:41:51

lol colin said everything we talked about earlier bubbles

4. bubbles
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:06:43

ya but he told me what to use.. thanks ill try that colin

5. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:14:17

what i told you to use cartoon comssa caps too. w/e ima make one of these soon fosho

6. bubbles
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:18:36

:P where can i get them? i checked pen wish

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:24:50

penwish has cartoon comssa packs but i think he's sold out atm. trade?

8. bubbles
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:56:25

ya i found em.. theres still a pack left.. if you want to use those just sub in the cap should be simple enough

9. iMatt
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 17:27:30

Coming from one of the competitors in the World Modding Tournament. LED mods really are not practical at all for mainstream usage. The biggest problem with creating LED mods is the on and off switch. Not all barrels can be made to have a clicker switch like Kam's LED Fir3Fly. (Even mine used a push click.) Mounting the stuff in the grips is very sloppy imo. Either way it's too long and heavy as it stands to be practical for spinning.

10. devaa
    Date: Fri, Jul 2 2010 14:36:49

lol but its nice, can the LED fits to CT caps ?

11. Milk
    Date: Sat, Jul 3 2010 01:14:47

It looks really unstable. Or is that just me?

12. bubbles
    Date: Sat, Jul 3 2010 06:00:35

what do u meen?

13. Tomohiro
    Date: Sat, Jul 3 2010 07:16:29

he means that it looks like it'll fall apart while you're spinning it pretty much. There's room for improvement but i see where you're going with the concept ^_^ Just a little bit more work and it'll look awesome.

14. bubbles
    Date: Sat, Jul 3 2010 19:13:14

ya, I can't really test it because of the fact that im new to spinning and can barley do combo's but it hasn't fallen apart yet, with wipers and that kinda stuff its a bit flimsy

15. Hyukan
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:15:14

mm... i like the concept but... it looks a bit unstable, i might use commsa caps or something

16. bubbles
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 03:28:26

ya im working on a idea for v 2.3 that will be much much much better, i just need to get the materials, im making a switch and keeping the batteries in the caps, it will be good if i can do it'

17. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 06:55:53

I agree with Imatt plus there's the risk of breaking the bulbs when your spinning it if you drop it. It looks good though.

18. GhostAce
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:01:05

How about turning the cap to On/Off the LEDs? I think I saw a video of a mod that does that (It spam LEDs through the whole body though)

19. EliteN00Bz
    Date: Fri, Aug 6 2010 00:24:34

GhostAce wrote: How about turning the cap to On/Off the LEDs? I think I saw a video of a mod that does that (It spam LEDs through the whole body though)
    That maybe is K4S' led mod.. anyway just like the others looks like unstable for me..