UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Tape Cut Tutorial-Simple Design

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 02:31:54

I tried to give a broad overview on how I usually do my tape cuts. Aside from the triangles and placement stuff the rest is up to your own creativity to assemble a meaningful work of art. I know some of the stuff is kind of "obvious" but I'm simply trying to set the foundation. I hope this helps at least a little >< [video=youtube;ekvZnpwdFZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekvZnpwdFZo[/video] [COLOR="red"][B] If the video is "unavailable", it means it is still being processed. Please try the link below if you are having a problem.[/B][/COLOR] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekvZnpwdFZo

2. Colin
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 04:57:53

Beautiful weather? You and I both know it was 88 fucking degrees today, dont lie. Naice. And I also said positive or negative comments. You copycatter :( I always used to cut it on the body, lol. Quick question though: What about overlapping of the tape? Isn't that a bit homosexual?

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 05:03:57

Oh really? :O It's okay Colin you still love meh :] What it was sunny though :C Uh I don't like cutting it on the body because what about things like M&M bodies where you might want to re use the body later or sell it. For something like Makin KT. I think that uses M&M body right? And overlapping is like when you have one strip going one way and the another strip runs over it. Basically they cross at a point. Example: Look at the tape on the lower half of the body. That's what I mean. The 3 strips meet at 1 point and then two of them cross over each other.

4. qinkuangan
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 09:13:24

sorry for saying that but i dont think it is that necessary to make a tutorial... well the tut is good though

5. Fx
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 12:32:44

pretty usefull thanks :D

6. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Apr 29 2011 05:18:10

awesome tut i did a tape cut on one of my mods and it looks amazing :D

7. Gr3gY
    Date: Fri, Apr 29 2011 06:40:30

I LOVE YOU NACHO

8. lolful
    Date: Sat, May 14 2011 13:10:44

WOw, do you use those black colour masking tape or do u use paper with superglue @@ . im a newbie btw =,=..... if u used Balck COlour tape how do u all have red colours?

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 03:43:48

@lolful It's not maskig tape. It's electrical tape. You can find it in hardware stores. And the red is just red tape. Electricaltape comes in a variety of colors

10. Breezy
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 04:48:51

Nachoaddict wrote: Oh really? :O It's okay Colin you still love meh :] What it was sunny though :C Uh I don't like cutting it on the body because what about things like M&M bodies where you might want to re use the body later or sell it. For something like Makin KT. I think that uses M&M body right? And overlapping is like when you have one strip going one way and the another strip runs over it. Basically they cross at a point. Example: http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww73/nachoaddict/IMG_4996.jpg Look at the tape on the lower half of the body. That's what I mean. The 3 strips meet at 1 point and then two of them cross over each other.
    How do you get such perfect cuts?

11. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 20:40:57

Uh just cut straight when you use your scissors lol. Usually I put one end of the tape onto my desk so that it's hanging off of the edge of the desk. Then I pull the tape so it is taut and make my cut.