UPSB v4

General Discussion / WT11 - Semifinals - Videos OUT!

1. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 16:13:32

Official Link: http://www.worldpenspinning.com/?p=575

2. Raos
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 16:14:35

NOOOO snows gonna loose D: oh well we all know its gonna be supawit vs s777 in the finals but im rooting for all 4 spinners! but i would like to see s777 vs kin supawit vs snow or IMO s777 vs supawit kin vs snow is more fair

3. V-Storm
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 16:50:06

Oh mang. s777 (FPSB) vs snow (PSH) Supawit127 (THPSC) vs kin (HKPSA) Shit just got real. Supawit better not win the WT..

4. cheesecake
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 16:52:58

oh .. I want to see supawit vs snow in the final but...

5. wings
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 17:05:21

Supawit vs kin!!?:O

6. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 17:59:25

Final: Supawit vs. s777 <- Peem's prediction. And yet, might become true.

7. computer70
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 18:13:37

GO GO GO SUPAWIT.Supawit wins, definitely

8. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 21:40:13

Zombo wrote: Official Link: http://www.worldpenspinning.com/?p=575
    no drawing vid?

9. Zkhan
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 22:17:19

kin vs s777

10. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 22:36:11

exclusive wrote: no drawing vid?
    nope, theres nothing to it, just put the 4 names in random.org and thats it

11. AKS
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 23:08:00

yeah, go go go. go s777 and kin!

12. casual
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 23:46:35

s777 vs supawit finals, here we go!

13. Rabbid
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 00:51:26

Supawit vs s777,hope to watch this match,THE GREATEST MATCH IN THIS PLANET..xD

14. smudgey
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 01:08:43

I feel like s777's still got a lot up his sleeves that he hasn't shown. kin vs Supawit, eh, it could go either way. Everyone's saying Supawit's gonna win but I actually second that.

15. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 01:36:11

really anyone can win at this point. no one can hold back this round. Im glad with the results of the top 4, it seems pretty fair. s777 vs snow o_O . im rooting for s777, but snow does have a good chance. i think it also depends on the judges. snow's combos have great presentation, and wonderful to watch. They are great performances. s777 is more technical, very dexteric and difficulty but because his tempo is easygoing, its easier to see...and has much clarity...so theres also a different audience here. kin vs supawit - this is quite interesting isnt it? supawit uses the buster and the new age style of power that's been a very influencial moveset in recent pen spinning history. Kin is like the binary opposite. Kin uses an mx, the pen commenly used back with the former dominant korean style, but now a bit overshadowd by more flashy cont power tricks. yet somehow, he has made it to the top by showing his skill in mastering a mod that greatly lacks the abilities of the buster.

16. k-ryder
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 02:21:48

s777 vs snow: .... i dont think i would have put snow into the final four in round 1. yes, i would have (and am) rooted for him to go far, but probably didn't think he would make it. now him vs s777, i actually do want snow to cause an upset. s777 is technically superior, but his style has ceased to impress me over the course of the tournament, for whatever reason. hoping for a snow win, but putting money on s777 to pull through. if anything it will be another beautiful combo from snow to enjoy (i think i made this comment last round as well) supawit vs kin: this match up is a hard one. supa will no doubt produce more transfers, his 2h1p spinning has really surprised me (it was hinted prior to the WT, but never thought it would be this level). i have no idea who will win, they are 2 spinners who are the best at their respective mods, it will be an awesome match to watch

17. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 04:35:57

supawit vs kin: i think supawit still has quite a bit of material he hasn't shown yet --> supawit beats kin; whereas kin seems to have reached a 'limit' =\ i think it'll be pretty close though, especially if kin tidies up his execution (unlike R4 vid) and puts out something new other than triangle pass variations (cool as they are, he'll need more to beat supa). still waiting for 'new' power trick variations =__=" kin's mx spinning is damn godlike though <3 snow vs s777: ultimate artistic style (best 1p2h, 2p2h in the world now?) of snow, excellent presentation vs s777's technical skills. s777 hasn't used his left hand yet, but going in a 2h match against snow is basically suicide for anyone atm xD idk, s777's style and appearance doesn't seem anywhere near as impressive to me as it was before, despite the growing difficulty and intricacy of his linkages...it depends whether judges favour style/presentation or technical aspects, i guess. i think s777 will win on pure insanity xD finals: supawit vs s777? :) looking forward to R5 and R6 vids, will be even crazier than R4 ones

18. Sc00t
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 05:25:19

as much as i like snow to win this tourny, supawit is better all-around i think, s777 i don't like his guts and his style is boring me too honestly i think supawit is taking the gold.

19. Rapid
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 08:13:10

Anyone can win thist period. Let's not talk confidently about who will win or the matchups for next round.

20. Avocado
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 08:46:37

seriously...i wont regret who will win in this tournament right now, they all awsome :D but i prefer new figure like snow or kin

21. Twine
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 08:56:14

GOGOGOGO SUPAWIT!!! You deserve to win WT11. I love your new uptake on powertricking. Your spinning has become very appealing recently. Good job :)

22. Quai
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 09:00:22

NOOO! Snow's gonna lose! :( We all know now that supawit will be against s777 in the finals. GO SUPAWIT!! :D

23. Gisele 8
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 09:03:11

i hope supawit vs snow but supawit winner o/

24. Gland
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 09:14:00

looking for Supawit vs kin!! O.O

25. pensp
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 09:33:43

Enkronidus wrote: Final: Supawit vs. s777 <- Peem's prediction. And yet, might become true.
    We must trust peem:)

26. L-in
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 09:52:01

S777 is great, but don't think he can beat snow, honestly. Nowadays penspinning already becomes a form of arts, not just tecniques. And for supawit and kin, I can't tell. They can't compare to each other; directly opposite styles and mods. My little prediction: Supawit127 VS. Snow. ^_^

27. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 12:22:49

Enkronidus wrote: Final: Supawit vs. s777 <- Peem's prediction. And yet, might become true.
    Did peem say this from the beginning? I think he'll be right

28. crinix
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 13:55:21

There is much to say about those 2 matchs but ill keep it really short. This is gonna be fucking epic! All spinners really have chance to the finals, there are no dominators at this round. Each spinner has different styles and they are masters of their own styles(which makes whole thing more awesome!). I'm really excited.And; I hope s777 wins the tournament, he deserves it imo. :)

29. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 16:07:46

Avocado wrote: seriously...i wont regret who will win in this tournament right now, they all awsome :D but i prefer new figure like snow or kin
    kin is not a new spinner, he's been spinning since at least 2008 under the name Meteor.

30. casual
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 17:06:37

L-in wrote: Nowadays penspinning already becomes a form of arts, not just tecniques.
    Nowadays? Pen spinning was always a form of art, with the old school Koreans and the JEB spinners. It just took a dip for a while after power tricks were introduced. But I'll shut up now. :P

31. darkdazh
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 17:55:53

Yes... s777 vs kin in the finals. ;] s777's combos are consistently varied with original, difficult linkages... I think snow has reached a peak as of now. I don't think Supawit has much more in his arsenal... he even admitted it in R3 against Vic. I think kin will pull off a few more linkages that shouldn't be possible with an MX. If he goes 1p2h though, he'll almost definitely win.

32. drgripable
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 19:28:27

come on s777, a non-asian has GOT to win Wt this year!!!!

33. Twine
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 05:00:39

To be honest I think Baimai deserved to win WT11. Go back and watch his previous rounds. I did just then I was was shitting bricks like no tomorrow!

34. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 19:45:26

my prediction is supawite vs s777 @Zombo did peem really steal supawit's role in a commercial?

35. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 20:10:19

exclusive wrote: my prediction is supawite vs s777 @Zombo did peem really steal supawit's role in a commercial?
    i dont know? ask TEK

36. MaxPa
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 20:31:52

exclusive wrote: @Zombo did peem really steal supawit's role in a commercial?
    TEK said it in the last PS weekly (here) But I would not say the peem "steal" anything to Supawit..Just (if i have understand) the producers of the commercial choose Peem..And also Peem has gave to Supawit the 50% of his gain And my prediction is: Supawit vs S777..But i would like to see S777 vs Kin

37. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 23:18:33

lol what if it ended up as kin vs snow? oh, and for those who think the matches were rigged so s777 and supa would be the final round look at this: lets say supawit's name was drawn first. Supawit 127 VS: ??? ----> (3 spinners means 1/3 chance of s777 being the opponent.)

38. Riley
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 23:24:32

All four different unique styles... can't wait for the videos to come in. Supawit and Kin's earlier tag video prior to the start of this WT kinda foreshadowed this, but not really. I really wanted Supawit vs. Kin for the finals. Anyway, my predictions: [B]Supawit[/B] vs Kin > Their difficulties are both off the wall, but even though Kin is using an MX, I think Supawit's difficulty still is stronger. Kin might pull off a 25.99 second FL combo with his mx, who knows? Juts kidding, but Kin will have to try super duper hard to win. s777 vs [B]snow[/B] > Like a few other people, I'm getting tired of s777, I prefer snow's awesome style over technicality. I think supawit will win the whole tournament, but he's already famous, so I'd like snow to win.

39. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 23:58:53

I'd like to see a Kin vs Snow Finals. Snow's a badass. I don't get why everyone's doubting him.

40. Riley
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 04:32:36

Supawit127 [video=youtube;NtPWDxcSXlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtPWDxcSXlE[/video]

41. Zombo
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 04:34:00

all vids http://www.worldpenspinning.com/?p=580

42. sangara
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 05:04:05

kin vs. s777 finals please.

43. AwonW
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 05:21:30

I freaking loved snow's combo. I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't win.

44. hoiboy
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 05:28:31

This round was sloppy sloppy sloppy. Or I'm just nitpicking.

45. sangara
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 05:35:58

hoiboy wrote: This round was sloppy sloppy sloppy. Or I'm just nitpicking.
    I thought the same exact thing. Did anyone else think that Supawit's finisher was ugly as hell?

46. Riley
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 05:37:10

sangara wrote: I thought the same exact thing. Did anyone else think that Supawit's finisher was ugly as hell?
    It may have been ugly, but he said in the description the breakdown, which apparently is really really hard.

47. Zombo
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 13:19:04

sangara wrote: I thought the same exact thing. Did anyone else think that Supawit's finisher was ugly as hell?
    i like it, the rhythm is syncopated

48. Gisele 8
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 13:30:27

hmm snow => nice and hard, but i had the feeling he was pushing too hard, it seems less artistic this time, or maybe it's just me s777 => good links, boring as usual , the finisher is the highlight : extremely hard, what a shame for the failed (or not beautiful) catch supawit => my favourite here. mindbreaking difficulty, and here's the technical creativity. but is this combo "flashy" enough? kin => nothing new here, but the control was, this time, pretty good. so being objective , the fourth are equal imo lol, i can't say who s going to pass. styles are really different being subj. , i'd like supawit vs snow ;o

49. Zombo
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 13:35:18

download http://www.worldpenspinning.com/wt11/r5/

50. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 14:14:33

i have no idea why people are going so crazy over s777's finisher, it's just palm vertical/up busts? it's be done before xD i find the rest of his links far more impressive, but nothing that 'new', seems pretty similar to his usual materials =\ (i don't look very closely at s777's combos though, so i could very well be wrong) snow's twisted cobra bite/swivel stuff wasn't as smooth as the rest of his spinning and doesn't look as good, but his full mastery of using 2 pens at all times of combo, and 2p2h pinky spread are insane xD very good of course, but i preferred aesthetics of his earlier rounds...not enough 'substance' to beat s777 probably, but snow already succeeded in expanding 2p and 2h spinning ^^ kin's left hand 234 triangle pass :o and wipers too, insane...but nothing 'new' here, i never knew his left hand was that good though. execution and style were really nice, best mx spinner in the world no doubt. i like this combo better than his R4 one, further reinforces kin's position as mx god (not many spinners can do 234 triangle pass well with any mod on their dominant hands -.-) supawit's linkages were a step abovve his previous rounds, look closely :) also his right hand fl sequence shows its ability has developed quite a lot from what he showed in previous rounds, i didn't expect it to be of this level tbh, but it's supawit i guess. ending is very, very hard (coming from a spinner who is 'decent' at power, i can barely do it x2, let alone after such a crazy combo). fingerless tricks usually have constant spinning speed/hand motion, so the use of scissor spins in between fl section creates a different rhythm i think finals will be [B]supawit vs s777[/B]

51. drgripable
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 14:22:47

I REALLY wanna see snow pull this off, but as for kin, sorry to say, i think you got beat -.-'. What i think more ppl need to recognize is how FREAKIN difficult it is to pull off kin's stuff with an mx.

52. smudgey
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 14:31:44

i wanna see snow/s777 vs kin in finals well tbh i just don't want supawit to win dun wanna see another guy spinning a heavy stick winning wt again kin s777 ftw

53. Raos
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 14:31:44

omg kin is looking at this thread! edit: I want to see s777 vs kin or snow vs kin I dont want supawit to cuz power ticks needs to stop influencing pen spinning's next generations. More and more buster noobs are blooming, its crazy. THe pen spinning world needs more ppl like s777 and kin to show that ppl thats spinning light mods is as good as ppl spinning busters. I think that either s777/snow or kin will effect how the new spinners see pen spinning. But i will be rooting for all 4 cuz they deserved it for getting this far. Im just stating my opinion, so power fans please back off.

54. drgripable
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 14:54:11

lol if kin wins, everyone will be copying him and noobs will learn triangle pass 234 before the fundamentals XD

55. Flarion
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 15:01:22

As much as I liked all the combos, here what I have to say. S777- Appears slow and boring, however, the tricks are quite difficult and smoothly put together Snow- As difficult as the 2p2h business and 2p1h business is, I found his combo distracting, with all the arm flailing Supawit- I found this combo ridiculous because it was so smooth but so difficult at the same time Kin- The MX makes it harder for him to do the tricks, but thats his personal choice to use that pen. And I found that his combo could have been better. Also, I found his start kinda slow and boring For the finals Id pick S777 Vs. Supawit for who wins, well see who gets to the finals first :lol:

56. big619
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 16:28:04

ocha copy S777 R5 combo。 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxtUE8hQsB8

57. wyz9
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 16:29:48

i hope kin win the style is really great!!

58. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 16:48:28

Christ. If kin wins, nobody will spin busters, but the MX will sell off every website in a day and everybody will start doing triangle passes. If snow wins, penspinning will turn into multi penspinning and everybody in penspinning will claim to be ambidextrious. If s777 wins, there will be a bunch of Bonkura type spinners, and we will go back to how pen spinning was when Bonkura was still alive (heaviest mod is a KT, everybody learns all the fundamentals etc,) and if Supawit wins, there will be even more buster noobs and power spinners (just like the world right now). I think we are kinda stuck. Shoulda let Vic win round 3 hehe. Aside from my mad ravings, Kin had a godly combo that I did not see coming, but Supawit is just unstoppable. s777 disappointed me a little bit, but he had a pretty sick finisher and a difficult combo. All in all, I want to se Supawit vs. Snow. Snow blew my mind with that combo. I did not expect that from him, and I did not expect that from anybody.

59. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 17:04:17

kin vs s777 = finals

60. Dudak
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 19:34:14

I honestly think that s777 has had some of the ugliest spinning out of anyone in the whole world tournament

61. Riley
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 19:42:25

Dudak wrote: I honestly think that s777 has had some of the ugliest spinning out of anyone in the whole world tournament
    Pretty much agreed, but that finger flexibility is insane, and it's difficulty in his own way. Everyone's combo had insane difficulty in their own ways. s777 = finger flexibility, kin = 1p2h with an MX, supawit127 = powertricks, 1p2h, insane ender, snow = 2p2h to a whole new level! I think it will be Supawit vs. Snow, even though I would like kin to win.

62. Mage In Black
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 20:02:22

Why does everyone think s777 has snow beat? Snow's combo was holy-shit amazing. It's a bit sloppy, but you have to realize how difficult his combo is. Imo, the difficulty surpassed every other combo this round. 2p2h is capital H Hard, and to do it so well, it's utterly amazing. It was beautiful and creative and shows everyone how amazing of a pen spinner snow is. [B]Snow [/B]vs s777. Kin vs [B]Supawit [/B]is a close match. Both are great spinners and I love them both but I think I'll have to give the edge to supawit. I did especially enjoy his countinuous palmspin into corkscrew finisher. But I say anything goes in this battle and I wouldn't be surprised if either spinner takes it. All in all, I'm more expecting a Snow vs Supawit Final Showdown (with hopefully snow taking the championship cuzz it'd be fun to see him prove everyone wrong--and everyone loves a good underdog story).

63. Light
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 20:06:34

Supawit v.s s777 FINALS [B]YOU[/B] [COLOR="yellow"][B]KNOW[/B][/COLOR] [B]WHAT[/B] [COLOR="yellow"][B]IT[/B][/COLOR] [B]IS[/B]

64. Advecticity
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 20:10:06

Not only that, his rarely seen 2P1H has been the best one he has done so far. It'd be interested to seem his try 3P1H/3P2H next round. s777 still has amazing smoothness though. Supawit has an amazing finisher, but the section right before it seemed drawn out and uninteresting, kin's package seemed to be overall more complete, although if he goes to the finals he'll have to find a way to incorporate his triangle pass thingies in a better way in his comboes to win.

65. casual
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 20:21:32

[B]s777[/B] vs snow s777 pulled off what I felt was a very safe combo. Structure was basically a difficult opener followed by some well executed sonic hybrids and finished with an open hand spread sequence. Didn't feel like it was anything out of the ordinary actually. Which I felt was what cost him more than anything else. snow definitely pushed himself this round, with a combo full of highs and lows. The beginning half and the ending were both beautifully done and very difficult, though I felt the middle section (with the 2p2h twisted cobra bites/swivels) was very sloppy, with an off-cam, and broke the pace of the overall combo. I think snow has the edge here, given his great difficulty and his great opening and finisher, though by no means is it a landslide victory. And I don't think the combo with its execution issues will be enough to beat whoever he faces in the finals, so he'll need to step up his game yet another level, which might be impossible. Edit: Watching both s777's and snow's videos again, I have to say I've gravely underestimated s777's combo... didn't catch some of the more subtle linkages in the middle or the fact that the ending was made up of busts rather than spreads. With that in mind, I think snow's execution problems will cost him more than I originally thought. [B]supawit[/B] vs kin There is no doubt that kin has the better combo if we take the pen into consideration; mx makes his combo significantly harder. But seeing that judges aren't supposed to take the mod into consideration, I think Supawit will win this. Overall combo structure felt more fluent. While kin's combo felt like a bunch of highlights glued together, Supawit's felt like a bunch of highlights that belonged together in one unit. Needless to say both combos were very difficult and well executed. It's definitely a close battle that can go either way, but I'm predicting Supawit's win.

66. Greendrago10
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 22:36:42

Dudak wrote: I honestly think that s777 has had some of the ugliest spinning out of anyone in the whole world tournament
    i'm honestly disappointed with the way that s777's style has developed since last year.. his previous style was a lot more graceful, but i do have to agree that his smooth and somewhat uglier style this year is still appealing and very bonkura-style difficult s777 was one of my earliest influences ^^ but i greatly enjoy all four of the spinners we see atm

67. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 23:17:58

Firstly i think all the combos were an amazing effort by all spinners. I really appreciate everyones effort here and id be satisfied with any spinner winning, whether snow kin supa or s777. ================================= mmm, since we seem to be rambling on an about opinions.... ill try to defend s777 here. i think s777 has one of the most beautiful styles in the world . :/ Its silent, and graceful. Its not in your face, its presented for you. At the same time its suspensful and simple. Dunno, something about it seems right for me. People who brush of the so called pass by "sonics" have no idea. These are inverse flush sonics. One of the hardest sonics in terms of dexterity. He then combines these with arounds and linked from 13 sonic position. The other so called "sonics" are 14 position sonics, still difficult to link smoothly. s777's style evolution has drifted away from "fancy" hand movements to make the combos more appealing (which isnt a bad thing btw, i love this stuff too, its just different). Instead hes shifted to the actual pen. Bc of this, he has gained a sense of great control. Think people like raimo or eriror. This is where he stands in terms of his style. You dont have to enjoy it, but im explaining why i and many others can appreciate it.

68. miyat
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 23:21:04

This round is so close, I see a many different predictions. Snow>s777 I think that snow's combo is a lot more fresh as in different from most because of 2 pens. His combo is also super insane hard and creative for many reasons. It involved some different things from his past videos. s777 seemed to be the same as his others kinda, i didn't slomo it, but I just thought it was another combo of s777s. His finishers always seem to be awkward this wt. Supawit>kin going with what most people said, kin's was nothing much different from his past wt combos. Still a very hard triangle pass but in different hand, the wiper was nice too. He also seemed to have more control than last round. Supawit outshone kin though. Since last round, it seemed to me that he stepped up his linkages more. I think he will be wt11 winner/champion. Overall this round was outstanding! Edit: nvm about snow>s777 s777's was really good too.... dunno who'll win...

69. L-in
    Date: Sun, May 1 2011 23:33:09

Although many people rooted for S777 VS. Supawit127 in R6, I will have to say, it might go as Snow VS. Kin. Snow totally brings the creativity, difficulty, execution, and linkages of 2P2H to a unprecedented new height, which is fantastic. Snow shows mainly his creativity in the first half, and mainly his difficulty in the second half, making the combo perfect in almost every way. S777 is still a little conservative and technical; although he has some new try in his great finisher, it is still not appealing and shocking enough compared to snow. Snow shows everything thoroughly and smoothly in a combo, while S777 shows his dramatic controlibility the most. So, I guess Snow might be going to win this battle. Kin finally uses 1P2H in this round, not saying he never used it before, but he employs his left hand to a great degree here. All those linkages and aerials are fantastic and perfect; although he recycles some tricks in the previous rounds, he still includes many new stuff in his combo. Supawit127's combo is great as well, but personally I prefer kin's more. The reason I root for kin is that both Supawit and kin have a combo around 26 seconds, but when I watch kin's one, I feel that time passes so fast, and when I watch Supawit's one, I wonder why the combo is so freaking long.. So, I will say kin has a good chance to win. I am sooooo looking forward to seeing a battle between Snow and kin. If this really happens, wow, the champion will be a Chinese no matter who wins in the final! OMFG! ^_^

70. drgripable
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 00:59:43

L-in wrote: I am sooooo looking forward to seeing a battle between Snow and kin. If this really happens, wow, the champion will be a Chinese no matter who wins in the final! OMFG! ^_^
    LOLOL but the winner has been asian for the past.....how many years? thats why i kinda want s777 to win. KINDA. i really want kin towin :P

71. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 01:58:32

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E090B1F2EEC2FB58 for anyone that cares about the playlist. I find it funny that kin went 2 hands when SUpa has grown to be one of the best 2 handed spinners now...

72. Riley
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 02:12:42

Hippo2626 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E090B1F2EEC2FB58 for anyone that cares about the playlist. I find it funny that kin went 2 hands when SUpa has grown to be one of the best 2 handed spinners now...
    Thanks for the playlist, but I think you should switch Supawit and Kin, because Supawit has a slomo at the end, so it would fit more at the end, if people just want to see all the combos 1 by 1, no breaks. And kin needed to do two hands to step up his already insane difficulty. :/

73. r96
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 02:38:01

the final should be kin vs snow... there are just better overall...and snow should be the winner of WT...snow FTW

74. Mage In Black
    Date: Mon, May 2 2011 21:33:12

Hippo2626 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E090B1F2EEC2FB58 for anyone that cares about the playlist. I find it funny that kin went 2 hands when SUpa has grown to be one of the best 2 handed spinners now...
    Thanks for the playlists. They're quite helpful.

75. darkdazh
    Date: Tue, May 3 2011 04:36:07

Am I the only one that thinks Snow's combo was a bit spammy?

76. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, May 5 2011 03:21:12

OPINIONATED SPAM: well snows combo is beautiful in its own right. But whenever you did any other spinning besdies cobra bite like moves, and pen switching it was twisted sonic. Ive wathced both snow and s777's vids several times now, and im confident s777 will go forward. His combo has a different but just as good appeal (thought i guess this is opinionated), difficulty and creativity in terms of linkages. I also think s777 wins (but not by a landslide) in variety, smoothness and control.

77. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 21:01:52

S777: definitely a sick combo, but you're really starting to bore me. personal taste really, but i can't actually find anything bad about his combo other than my subjective preference. Snow: relative lack of difficulty [semi-final WT relative], not quite made up for by the incredible appeal. @neoknux_009 pretty much summed it up Supawit: amazing, high appeal and difficulty kin: korean style polished to perfection as much as i would like to see kin vs supawit in the finals that's not technically possible :( it's either going to be kin vs s777 or supawit vs s777 in the final sorry snow, s777's combo is technically much better

78. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 05:43:03

Vic shouldn't of dropped out

79. Raos
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:10:49

Breezy wrote: Vic shouldn't of dropped out
    He didn't drop out, he lost against supawit in round 3

80. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:28:52

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: He didn't drop out, he lost against supawit in round 3
    wow someone told me he dropped out, nevermind then

81. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:29:02

to those saying snow had 'lack of difficulty', or difficulty not that high....you should know that while doing a 2p2h twisted cobra bite x 1 is not that hard, but doing them continuously in a combo with transfers, 2p1h, direction changes and integrating/planning the combo are incredibly difficult think about this: if it was not hard, then why hasn't anyone else at all demonstrated that level of skill in using 2 hands?

82. Swist'
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:29:10

I don't understand people who said snow > s777. S777's combo is better in all compartment : smoothest, execution, creativity/originality, difficulty. Snow use the same tricks since 1st round, i can see lot of spamming in his combo and mistakes. I really like his style, it is nice to watch but s777 is better. Sorry for my bad English, i want to say more things about this battle but i don't speak English enough..

83. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:33:23

Swist' wrote: I don't understand people who said snow > s777. S777's combo is better in all compartment : smoothest, execution, creativity/originality, difficulty. Snow use the same tricks since 1st round, i can see lot of spamming in his combo and mistakes. I really like his style, it is nice to watch but s777 is better. Sorry for my bad English, i want to say more things about this battle but i don't speak English enough..
    that was perfect.

84. Raos
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:33:36

i.suk wrote: to those saying snow had 'lack of difficulty', or difficulty not that high....you should know that while doing a 2p2h twisted cobra bite x 1 is not that hard, but doing them continuously in a combo with transfers, 2p1h, direction changes and integrating/planning the combo are incredibly difficult think about this: if it was not hard, then why hasn't anyone else at all demonstrated that level of skill in using 2 hands?
    ^this

85. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:48:28

more opinionated spam: s777 beats snow on execution, that's pretty clear (to me anyway, execution is a fairly 'solid', easily interpreted criteria compared to the other ones) for difficulty, we know that pretty much no one else at the moment can copy s777's and snow's combos; both have insane difficulty...while snow's breakdown on each hand is not that hard, co-ordination and using 2 pens (and often 2 hands) at once raises difficulty dramatically (try it yourself if you doubt this :P); s777's linkages are crazy as usual...so i'd give them both 5/5 -.- for creativity, what new concepts has s777 introduced to WT11? he did 'open' new style and linkages etc during 2008, 2009 and 2010; but it's 2011 now. his linkages will always be crazy, but they certainly won't be 'fresh' and 'original' over several years if they're not that varied from the stuff he used in collabs and in late 2010...he would've gotten all the originality points a few years ago, but after seeing his spinning many times, the originality factor is reduced a lot (note: that doesn't mean s777 isn't a great spinner who has introduced a new style of spinning and heaps of unusual linkages) however, snow has pushed the limits of 1p2h, 2p1h and 2p2h in WT11; it's (fairly) obvious that his use of 2 hands and/or 2 pens is quite unlike that shown by any other spinner before...sure, 1p2h etc has been done before, but no one else has made it as artistic, or used it as extensively in a high-level competition, or co-ordinated 2-hand combos in the way snow has. even if his material is 'similar' to previous rounds (the tricks he uses are similar; but s777 also re-used the same tricks (except his R3 combo finisher, i think), and so did nearly everyone else except a very select few: ponkotu, freeman, baaron, rex (to a smaller extent)), snow has displayed a new level of mastery in an aspect of PS which s777 has not shown in this tournament so, i think snow beats s777 in creativity by quite a bit (but i know many people disagree - apparently pushing boundaries in areas of spinning isn't counted as creativity, but using similar hybrids to what you've been doing for over a year does)...i guess the argument centres around whether expanding a new type/aspect of PS (like snow, spinnerpeem); but then making relatively small variations/developments after the initial 'revolution' is more 'creative' than frequently re-using very rarely used linkages; how many times can something be re-used (albeit by the same person) before it's meant to lose creativity? likewise, how much credit should be given to pioneers who seem to 'run out of material' in developing what they started? presentation: too many aspects where points can be deducted, as well as the extreme subjectivity of s777's style (some love it, some hate it), snow's combo structure (twisted cobra bites overused, combos seems a bit 'broken'/'random' when looked at as a whole) etcetc note: i do not hate s777 (he was one of my favourite spinners for a long time), but i just felt bored and wanted to raise some questions about how stuff should be interpreted/defined etcetc edit: oh goodness that's the longest post i've ever made, wall of text ftl

86. Avocado
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:52:10

s777 sure had a lot of experiences + practice to make such an insane combo in this round but watching snow is like...genius! in psychology we called it "shifting attention", many people couldn't separate their attention to such a hard job...like penspinning (we know ps-ing need concentration and attention), so people have to shift their attention while playing 2p2h thats why i appreciate A LOT for [B]snow[/B], to do such a beautiful + hard combo while separating his attention but nevermind who will advance, i wont regret :D btw, im a 1p1h-er..

87. Raos
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:54:15

I agree both sides but I dont really care who wins s777 or snow, I like them both, as for supawit vs kin, GO KIN

88. EaglE
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:12:32

i.suk wrote: for difficulty, we know that pretty much no one else at the moment can copy s777's and snow's combos;
    ocha

89. LIMIT
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:17:03

EaglE wrote: ocha
    agree

90. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:18:11

EaglE wrote: ocha
    not even close in my opinion, he can use 2 hands like snow (but ocha has showed very little skill on his non-dominant hand i think, and is no where near as artistic as snow), and he can copy s777's style to some extent (but he can't copy s777's harder hybrids)

91. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:22:49

So with all this talk, who u think is gana win

92. Zombo
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:34:58

i.suk wrote: not even close in my opinion, he can use 2 hands like snow (but ocha has showed very little skill on his non-dominant hand i think, and is no where near as artistic as snow), and he can copy s777's style to some extent (but he can't copy s777's harder hybrids)
    he was referring to this video [video=youtube;IxtUE8hQsB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxtUE8hQsB8[/video] imo this copy does not seem very close to the real thing

93. LIMIT
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 14:41:32

can't wait the result-.-