UPSB v4

Off-topic / how to get taller..

1. hawkeye
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:29:48

my mom is now acting up on how short i am (i'm not short for my age mom!) compared to my friends (at most around 1.5 inches taller than me) and that i need to grow. what she's making me do is just eat a ton of whatever everyday. right now it's about 8:30 pm and i still feel my stomachs gonna explode. any suggestions on what to mainly eat, to help my growth (though i dont really need it)?

2. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:31:34

Calcium rich foods. Exercise. Google what has a lot of calcium. Drink 3 cups of milk a day. Eat.

3. hoiboy
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:42:49

do monkey bars

4. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:44:05

Milk. Yea it makes a difference, personal experience and exercise.

5. AwonW
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:44:59

Unless you're malnourished, there's little, if anything you can change to make yourself any taller.

6. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:45:38

Milk, especially ones from a 14 year old virgin.

7. Colin
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:47:11

Krispy Kreme wrote: Milk, especially ones from a 14 year old virgin.
    Says the 14 year old virgin. :trollface: Milk, it does your body good.

8. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:51:17

I'm 15, bitch. :whut:

9. nateiskewl
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:12:34

You should probably replace your legs with stilts...permanently.

10. poisoned
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:23:14

Not much you can do, it's pretty much genetic.

11. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:27:06

work out and eat like your mom tells you, you will get really ripped, and grow that way

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:28:12

Swimming and basketball (or jump a lot). Milk too. This summer, just go swimming like every other day. That's what I'm doing this year. Though, I seriously doubt that I can grow any taller now that I'm 17. <_<

13. Fletch
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:49:16

being tall isnt that great actually , everywhere you go people will ask if you play basketball, or ask how tall you are, or stare at you like you can't hear them. fitting into little cars sucks, flying too, and regular t-shirts look indie emo or XXL ones that are long enough look like you're trying to be gangsta. your feet hang off the end of the bed and you bonk your head on every doorway or exit sign that anybody ever installed anywhere. plus I think back problems are more common. Also you cant ride in a convertible because the top of the windshield edge will be like right at your eye level. you cant sleep in class because when you try to lean over onto a desk your arms and head falls over the edge. The only advantage are for some reason some chicks like taller guys, which only makes sense because it makes them feel smaller I think. If you want to actually grow taller you can work out a lot and eat a lot of milk but I think it only will work over a certain age range though you might be stuck. good luck!

14. hawkeye
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:58:08

Fletch wrote: being tall isnt that great actually , everywhere you go people will ask if you play basketball, or ask how tall you are, or stare at you like you can't hear them. fitting into little cars sucks, flying too, and regular t-shirts look indie emo or XXL ones that are long enough look like you're trying to be gangsta. your feet hang off the end of the bed and you bonk your head on every doorway or exit sign that anybody ever installed anywhere. plus I think back problems are more common. Also you cant ride in a convertible because the top of the windshield edge will be like right at your eye level. you cant sleep in class because when you try to lean over onto a desk your arms and head falls over the edge. The only advantage are for some reason some chicks like taller guys, which only makes sense because it makes them feel smaller I think. If you want to actually grow taller you can work out a lot and eat a lot of milk but I think it only will work over a certain age range though you might be stuck. good luck!
    i'm not THAT tall, nor do i plan to be THAT tall.. lol :P thats for like 6 footers!

15. wings
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 05:31:36

lol you don't have to at all, it doesn't even matter. My mom calls me skinny, but I eat ALOT, I got it from my dad, he is skinny too when he was at my age :)

16. GigaByte
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 06:02:47

lol thx for who make this thread i also short guy lol i am the shorter guy im my class ^^

17. Krypton
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 07:09:42

I'm 5 foot 2, and I'm 16 and a half. I jump everyday, rugby twice a week, milk+protein powder twice a day, and eat about 2 bowls of rice a meal. Y NOU GROWTH? @XiX be grateful your mom stuffs you. Mine goes like "Oh, you shouldn't eat so much, especially when it's late", "No, beef is no good for you, it's red meat" (I mean what?) and "Did you know it's just as bad to overeat as it is to undereat?"

18. neXus
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:30:10

How about you wait until your puberty is done and your body has fully grown. I've seen people have growth spurts of half a foot at 16-17.

19. Clyde
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 14:01:43

genes...bullshit stretching and milk shit...I did all of that last last year summer...what happened was I got a heck lot of fatter and gained stretchmarks after I got thinner -_-....I think sleeping's the best way to get tall but it's still in the genes...my friend and I were both 5'8 last year and every summer we play dota together and most of the time we sleep at the same time or he logs out earlier like 2 30 am and me 3 am...but now he's 5'10 and I'm still 5'8...so it's just in the genes(my friend has American blood). yeah like what nexus said..wait for puberty & your growth spurt... shadowserpant told me he was a shortie when he was 14 then when he was 17 he was 6'3...same goes with Dennis Rodman...he was 5'6 at 14 and 6'7 at 17 lol

20. Wisp
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 19:27:32

How long does a tree take to grow? Just ignore it and think about the good things, you can fit into small places :)

21. Lettuce
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 20:11:03

I say it's all in the genetics, the majority of my family are very tall. I mean, i'm 13 and 6' 1''. The most annoying thing I get are people walking up to me and telling me "You're tall"