UPSB v4

Off-topic / acne

1. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:51:29

anyone of you guys use proactiv?? heard its expensive but really works...zz i just use a cheap facial wash lol....my parents keep telling me just sleep early and the acne will be gone and I won't even be needing facial wash/toner...what bugs me is how come my friends have smooth faces yet they also sleep late at night? they say its genes, but i saw teen pics of my parents and they never had acne -.- zzz

2. JLSpinY
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:56:31

Do you eat healthy stuff? After I stopped eating junk my spots went away.

3. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:26:00

oh fuck...i think i really need to eat healthy stuff again and do cardio....used to be really fat...190 lbs @ 40 waistline...trimmed to 160 lbs @ 36 waistline in 1 month (crash diet), then around june 2010 i was around 142 lbs 32 waistline...and around october thats when I got really thin 138 lbs @ 30 waistline...I remember also having smooth face when I was still dieting & working out...since the time I got thinner I got arrogant again and ate everything since I didn't get fat anymore...but I did notice I got tons of acne ever since I stopped eating healthy(tuna, etc etc)...zzz -.- thanks

4. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 13:34:13

I asked my doctor and she prescribed clindamycin and my face has been doing much better. Also spinY has a valid point to when you eat like pizza and fried chicken the greases from those foods have an effect on your face.

5. sangara
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 13:46:17

Being healthy will definitely help it, although if you're like me proactiv and other extreme measures didn't work. I've had acne since I was about 11, it gets better over time, the one thing that I did notice is that if you wash your face less, it helps. So basically stop caring about your acne, it seems to work.

6. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 13:55:09

my classmate told me that stress leads to acne and acne stresses me getting acne because I get stressed about acne? is this true?

7. MickChickenn
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 14:23:18

I put clindamycin on my face and It got way better. The sleeping thing is a myth and so is the chocolate thing. Just dont pop your pimples. That makes them scar, and thats not good. That proactiv stuff works really well if you use it consistantly.

8. nateiskewl
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 14:47:32

I took a jackhammer to my face. It pretty much got rid of any acne problems I had.

9. JLSpinY
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 14:50:02

Clyde wrote: my classmate told me that stress leads to acne and acne stresses me getting acne because I get stressed about acne? is this true?
    What is it about acne that makes you stressed? It the fact that you think you look weird, or is it the fact that it hurts?

10. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 15:03:27

the fact that I have acne, lol

11. JLSpinY
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 15:05:45

Try and forget about it, and before you know it'll be gone.

12. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 15:10:01

I hope so.....zzz

13. neXus
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 17:02:30

Wear a mask.

14. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 18:35:26

start drinking more water and I've had luck with just rubbing alcohol before.

15. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 19:01:45

neXus wrote: Wear a mask.
    yeah I've been thinking of that too lol but my acne isn't really severe...just a few but some are big

16. XYZaki
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 20:21:40

Accutane - Dry out your liver, fuck yeah. Benzoyl Peroxide - 10% solutions can be found over the counter Milk of Magnesia - Tired of acids? Try a base! Fruit diet - Eat nothing but fruit for a week. Do it. Soap - Naturally oily skin? Surfactant ftw.

17. RdHg
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 20:32:18

just go to a doctor and get something prescribed to help you, worked for me.

18. spinnerhui
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 22:23:22

Me, I have some acne problems. I'm more stresed abot my weight/obeseity, but just drink more water, eat healthy, proactiv works, but you probably will never need it,,, jack off less (JKS)

19. tylt
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 22:29:28

What also can help is to change your bedding alot and keep it very clean. Collect towels or buy some and put a clean towel on your pillow every night before you go to sleep. Helps to keep you from swimming in your face oil all night because the towel is absorbent. Don't stress out, and eat healthy. Exercise. All that good stuff.

20. Vortechs
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 22:38:08

@Clyde get some aloe vera ( the actual plant ), cut it and rub it on your skin. This actually works very well. aloe vera has numerous health benefits.

21. blahblahting
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 02:09:44

if i remember correctly, i think i actually read that what you eat does NOT have strong correlation to how much acne you have. eating healthy is always good though, nonetheless. proactive helped a bit for me, though like sangara's case, mine got better when i didn't care about it as much. now i just with warm water twice a day (sometimes w/ cetaphil or something, if im not lazy)

22. Colin
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 02:16:04

juggalo666666 wrote: I asked my doctor and she prescribed [B]clindamycin[/B] and my face has been doing much better. Also spinY has a valid point to when you eat like pizza and fried chicken the greases from those foods have an effect on your face.
    That stuff works WONDERS. If youre low on cash, use some shortcuts. Hydrocortisone cream (anti-itch cream) helps out. Use it thrice a week, should help. Wash your face, lots. I use an exfoliant three times a week, and a Clean n Clear daily face cleanser every other day.

23. davidguy
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 02:21:40

drink a lot of water get a lot of sleep wash your face often and try to eat healthy this should at least help

24. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 02:48:58

Also, whenever you're done exercising and you're all sweaty, WIPE YOUR FACE WITH A DRY TOWEL. The sweat collects dirt and other stuff in the air.

25. Clyde
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 08:29:54

oh so after working out then washing my face w/ facial wash immediately is bad? zzzzzzzz -.- I'm gonna try that clindamycin thing...hope it works..thanks for the advice

26. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 09:18:38

As Awesome said, drink more water. It's just dry skin that's turned into a sorta pimple. Try toothpaste, take abit they rub it on the spot that has acne, then let it dry and leave it there for 10 minutes then wash your face with warm water. I do it sometimes :) Oh the toothpaste has to be mint too.

27. ellusion67
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 09:28:56

toothpaste drys and burns skin....you should try murad acne complex..very effective..but a bit expensive..

28. MonsterPandasEatTofu
    Date: Thu, Apr 14 2011 20:43:17

I got rid of acne by drinking a lot of water and going to the sauna or steam room at the gym acne is caused by oils in your skin, if u go to a sauna or steam room you sweat it all out the water just helps your skin stay moist, and to prevent dehydration >.< eating a lot of junk food causes acne too ^.^ but acne can be cause by your environment... dirty cellphone, not washing your face, oils from food that may drop onto your skin, etc...