UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Stress

1. Colin
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 03:27:38

How do you handle it?

2. jet
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 04:17:08

this helps a lot. http://fatkidsuit.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/stress-picture-stress-relief-kit.jpg

3. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 04:19:22

This is you right now:

4. sangara
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 04:20:55

Depends on what's causing it. My general cure however has been taking a drive, coming back home, writing about it. Oh and I like driving in silence.

5. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 04:26:32

In my case, most of my stress comes from my personal desire to excel. Sometimes, you just have to realize not meeting expectations won't be the end of the world and take things more lightly. If it's stress from a large workload, I prioritize. Do all the work in classes that are tougher for you personally, and BS/not do the homework in a class you are better off in. If it's stress from tests/quizzes/finals/midterms, I can't help you too much, since tests and stuff never really bother me. If its stress from relationships, I can't help either. Taking an occasional break can help a lot too (i.e. nap to break up your homework loads), as long as the break length is reasonable. otherwise, you'll procrastinate and get even more stress later. EDIT: yes, what sangara said; depends on the source of the stress. if you could give more details, i'm sure we'd be able to help better

6. J74Q
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 06:14:16

Spin Spin Spin? Sleep? Blast the type of music you like?

7. Twine
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 06:25:07

Not trolling but I find a fap can relieve a lot of stress :)

8. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 22:45:23

I get the fuck over it.

9. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 22:51:47

nateiskewl wrote: I get the fuck over it.
    you also troll/be an asshole on the internet I usually don't get stressed, and if i do i basically just get the fuck over it as nate said. Also i either get my shit done or bboy that seems to work nicely. On the other hand if im mad or something i just bboy or get over it aswell

10. Colin
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 23:00:54

Krispy Kreme;83632]This is you right now: http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/brandorkPham/tumblr_lfproiLnbo1qcwgexo1_500.gif?t=1302494259[/QUOTE] That is me right now. [QUOTE=sangara;83634]Depends on what's causing it. My general cure however has been taking a drive, coming back home, writing about it. Oh and I like driving in silence.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=blahblahting wrote: In my case, most of my stress comes from my personal desire to excel. Sometimes, you just have to realize not meeting expectations won't be the end of the world and take things more lightly. If it's stress from a large workload, I prioritize. Do all the work in classes that are tougher for you personally, and BS/not do the homework in a class you are better off in. If it's stress from tests/quizzes/finals/midterms, I can't help you too much, since tests and stuff never really bother me. If its stress from relationships, I can't help either. Taking an occasional break can help a lot too (i.e. nap to break up your homework loads), as long as the break length is reasonable. otherwise, you'll procrastinate and get even more stress later. EDIT: yes, what sangara said; depends on the source of the stress. i[B]f you could give more details, i'm sure we'd be able to help better[/B]
    I would, but its rather private. And by private, I mean its bothering the shit out of me and I would be willing to strangle that person causing it.

11. Mr.Squekers
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 00:07:08

Fapping does help. Relaxing music does too. (aqueous transmission - incubus)

12. sangara
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 00:37:03

So it's a girl then. Tell her to back off and then try to find a release.

13. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 00:52:39

STICK IT IN HER/HIS POOPER! she/he ain't worth your time bro

14. Colin
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 00:57:19

Mr.Squekers;83858]Fapping does help. Relaxing music does too. (aqueous transmission - incubus)[/QUOTE] Not anymore it doesnt; fapping/sex is part of the problem. [QUOTE=sangara;83876]So it's a girl then. Tell her to back off and then try to find a release.[/QUOTE] Not quite like that sir, the problem is her self control. What she's doing is none of my business, but its annoying the shit out of me, and pisses me off cause of her stupidity. [QUOTE=Awesome wrote: STICK IT IN HER/HIS POOPER! she/he ain't worth your time bro
    I can neither agree, nor disagree with this.

15. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:17:27

Aight, this is how I deal with stress. Smile like a retard, yes. Watch some funny videos and laugh even if it is forceful. Take a cold shower, and wear light coloured clothes. Make sure you sing in the shower, whistling also works. Don't dry your hair. Take a walk outside in the fresh air and enjoy it or watch some more funny videos with something cold to drink. Try it, it might work. Try to clear your mind and try to convince yourself that you got this, this is easy. You aint gonna let this defeat you. All the best. @Colin

16. the noodler
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:30:59

Wonder wrote: you also troll/be an asshole on the internet I usually don't get stressed, and if i do i basically just get the fuck over it as nate said. Also i either get my shit done or bboy that seems to work nicely. On the other hand if im mad or something i just bboy or get over it aswell
    way to be a hypocrite XP

17. UEDan
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 21:35:55

Colin wrote: Not anymore it doesnt; fapping/sex is part of the problem. Not quite like that sir, the problem is her self control. What she's doing is none of my business, but its annoying the shit out of me, and pisses me off cause of her stupidity. I can neither agree, nor disagree with this.
    Really? Thats it? Way to make a molehill sound like Mt. Everest.

18. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 21:39:19

Colin wrote: Not anymore it doesnt; fapping/sex is part of the problem. Not quite like that sir, the problem is her self control. [B]What she's doing is none of my business,[/B] but its annoying the shit out of me, and pisses me off cause of her stupidity. I can neither agree, nor disagree with this.
    problem solved, can you cheer up now :)

19. Enigmatic
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 23:52:48

stress is not something that comes across quite often for me but when it does, if it has to do with a girl just f**k it literally, stop talking to her til you over the stress a bit and dont let a girl think she's got control over you, if its stress caused from work or school just chill, listen to music, watch tv or do anything to get your mind off of it, find things that relax you, or things you like to do and forget about what's stressing you for a moment

20. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 06:19:39

My favorite stress reliever: exercise. Biking, walking, yoga. And just sitting down at a park and just clear your mind. You can't just ignore stressful situations. You have to deal with it or it will come back. :) ~KTSpinner~

21. fusionnoble
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 07:50:02

personally, i play guitar/listen to music, and play tennis for stress. i think these things that act like an escape work well for minor issues, and this seems like its something big, so i think you should find someone you really trust and just sit down and talk to them for awhile about everything. like what Kari said, you can't ignore it, itll come back.. hope everything works out for you, even though i dont really know you :P if theres NO ONE you can talk to, i guess youll just have to spend sometime meditating about the problem, just dont let emotions overwhelm you sorry if any of this advice is bad, hopefully some people can say what they agree/disagree with though

22. neXus
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 12:06:58

This is an old thread but here's what I do: 1. Masturbate - The most easy and probably fastest way to relieve stress but if that doesn't work: 2. Write all that bothers you down while listening to some good calming music. You don't have to post it or show it to anyone, sometimes when something annoys me or is on my mind I just open notepad and I write all that shit down, thinking about how I formulate my sentences and what words I use distracts me from the stress and once I'm done it's a load off my mind. Not sure if that works for others but does wonders for me.

23. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 16:00:11

neXus wrote: This is an old thread but here's what I do: 1. Masturbate - The most easy and probably fastest way to relieve stress but if that doesn't work: 2. Write all that bothers you down while listening to some good calming music. You don't have to post it or show it to anyone, sometimes when something annoys me or is on my mind I just open notepad and I write all that shit down, thinking about how I formulate my sentences and what words I use distracts me from the stress and once I'm done it's a load off my mind. Not sure if that works for others but does wonders for me.
    That works. Not sure about the masturbation part though. Anyway I don't just write it down like you. I turn it into poetry. ;) ~KTSpinner~

24. neXus
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 16:21:05

Well the masturbation part is pretty much scientifically proven so ...

25. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 16:36:23

Lol dirty thoughts. XD ~KTSpinner~

26. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 19:57:49

I remember this thread, I'll contribute a serious answer this time. I think the best way is to avoid stress in the first place. If you avoid most stress causing activities then you'll be unstressed enough to handle the inevitable ones.

27. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 20:31:39

Awesome wrote: I remember this thread, I'll contribute a serious answer this time. I think the best way is to avoid stress in the first place. If you avoid most stress causing activities then you'll be unstressed enough to handle the inevitable ones.
    That's easier said than done love. Especially with a job. ~KTSpinner~

28. wee~
    Date: Thu, Nov 3 2011 20:55:12

i try to hold it in, since my mom doesn't know how to handle stress. it doesn't work though, but while she's screaming the living fuck out of her lungs, i'm clenching my fists so i guess i handle things better than her.

29. Clyde
    Date: Mon, Nov 7 2011 09:42:01

workout, release all hate on the weights

30. chris
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 01:40:45

Or practice arnis. Release all the hate when you strike :D Or just go to an open field and scream XDDD

31. Clyde
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 12:58:27

chrisPS wrote: Or practice arnis. Release all the hate when you strike :D Or just go to an open field and scream XDDD
    ^ yep, screaming to an open field is imo the best way to release stress + some random punching/ kicking in the air or w/e

32. wings
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 13:38:14

punch a pillow or exercise or fap

33. midniteferret
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 15:01:44

punch someone and laugh...

34. Colon
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 23:56:31

Alright, revive, again. Basically my ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend is a f ucking nutcase. He knows where I live, he knows where I work, and he went to check out some school fundraiser and was looking for me yesterday. However, I wasnt there yesterday. I was trying to meet up with a friend (who just SO happens to live outside her workplace, at the same time she gets off) and he walks up to my car and threatens me to stay away from the area. A month prior, I was at her house to get my sweater back from her. (Never got that sweater back btw). I was driving away when I see someone sprinting after my car. I look carefully and he's holding some kind of bar or something and sprinting towards me while I drive away. He calls me 5 minutes later and tells me "if he ever sees me in that area again im fkucing dead." On her birthday in January, I went to go pick her up from his house. Me and her get into an argument, and I decide to step away and have a cig to calm myself down. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and I just needed to get some air. He walks up to me "You think you're a badas? You think you're cool? The next time you make her cry you're dead." His dad comes out and intervenes, and being the businessman that he is "Look, kid, I don't know what's going on here, but I can make your life miserable. Get out of here." I'm 17, he's 19, she's 20. He's made her cut all ties with me, for whatever reason I do not know. But I have not seen her, talked to her or interacted with her for almost 2 months. I want this to stop. Seriously. I didnt do sh!t to him and he's coming after me like I killed his family. I'm tired of this, and quite honestly I know he's going to go after my family if it gets any further. They own a restaurant, (where I work), and if he's going to sprint after my car with a bar in his hand, he will do some damage to the restaurant. Now, I COULD go to the police with this and saying that he's threatening me. But that is going to involve my family and I dont want to involve my family anymore into this. I could talk to him. But the last time he wanted to "talk to me" , he came with 4 of his friends. I wasn't driving my FG, I was driving my MR2. I just drove away. The reason why I mention this is because he knows my plate too, like the fkcuing crazy he is. What do I do? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

35. Zkhan
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 00:04:03

Your pick. 1. Call the authorities or 2. Settle it like men or 3. Kill Him

36. Vassenato
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 00:15:18

Zkhan wrote: Your pick. 1. Call the authorities
    HAHAHA :biglaugh:

37. Colon
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 00:25:53

Zkhan wrote: 1. Call the authorities
    No
    2. Settle it like men
    Waste of my time
    3. Kill Him
    Don't feel like hiding a body

38. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 16:43:51

Colon wrote: Alright, revive, again. Basically my ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend is a f ucking nutcase. He knows where I live, he knows where I work, and he went to check out some school fundraiser and was looking for me yesterday.
    holy shit I thought I had ex problems.

39. sangara
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 17:12:40

Cut your losses Colin. Forget her.

40. Sc00t
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 20:09:38

kick his ass thats how we settle it in georgia

41. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 20:44:26

Sc00t wrote: kick his ass thats how we settle it in georgia
    That's how you get arrested in georgia.

42. Sc00t
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 21:08:19

eurocracy wrote: That's how you get arrested in georgia.
    my friends been in countless dozens of fights, he's only been arrested twice and they were slaps on the wrist. generally people dont report fights unless they want to be seen as a bitch forever

43. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Mar 27 2012 15:15:33

Sc00t wrote: my friends been in countless dozens of fights, he's only been arrested twice and they were slaps on the wrist. generally people dont report fights unless they want to be seen as a bitch forever
    Yeah aside from anybody walking by and the fact that if they decide to arrest you you'll get more than a slap on the wrist if they decide to take it further.

44. Cubesnail
    Date: Sun, Apr 15 2012 01:35:47

Generally my solution when I'm stressed is (when no one's home) to bawl my eyes out for about 2 min, man up and then lay in my bed for about 2 hours analyzing the situation while blasting music so that I cant even hear the phone ring.