UPSB v4

Battlezone / UPSB Tournament R4 RESULTS OUT!

1. Jamie Enns
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 17:11:01

Mage In Black vs Twine WINNER = [B]Twine (2/3)[/B]

SpoilerEach spinner seemed to provide their best in this battle with Mage in Black having far better execution than in previous combos and Twine pulling off some nice linkages. In terms of difficulty, Mage in Black's combo was slightly stronger. Twine's combo had nicer linkages than Mage in Blacks, but overall his control seemed worse than that of Mage in Black's even with Mage in Black's shaky catch. Winner: Mage in Black I was really excited for this mainly because I've been looking forward to watching more videos from Mage in Black. However once I watched the videos I find my self leaning more towards Twine, I think it's the way he spins with subtle difficulty, I'm not saying it's not that difficult I'm saying that the difficult stuff is there you just have to look for it. I like it a lot. Winner Twine Tough battle, both crazy linkages and both difficult. Mage In Black showed off the most cool and different around linkages in a combo I've ever seen in a combo. And Twine showed some serious sonic linkage with passes and arounds. As for variety, Twine takes it, but both combos lack use of the thumb for the most part. It looks like baks were ALMOST entirely avoided, and when were used, they were easy ones (I know both of you can do them too). Difficulty seems as if it should go to Mage in Black for the hard tricks, but Twines combo seems like it would be harder to execute, even with the easier tricks. My gut tells me that Mage In Black should win this one, but after reviewing the combos over and over, I'm giving it to Twine. He has more variety and Difficulty seems on par (just in a different way). Winner = Twine.
    Gland vs Pudels Kern WINNER = [B]Pudels Kern (3/3)[/B]
    SpoilerI really enjoyed watching both of these combos. Gland has a very appealing style and had some nice highlights such as the trick at :14 and the index swivel, but there were too many filler tricks in between them. Pudels Kern had a crazy amount of difficulty and his inverse tricks look effortless, but I didn't especially enjoy his tap section. Overall, Pudels Kern had a much more difficult, and concise combo which gives him the win over Gland Winner: Pudels Kern I have to say that I'm way impressed with Gland and I think I overlooked him in the past rounds. He definitely put up an awesome combo for this. I'm running out of things to say for Pudels but I have to say the Half Tap isolation into the Inverse Shadow isolation is crazy awesome. I can't wait to see more from Pudels. Winner Pudels Kern. It has always been difficult to write up Pudels Kern's battles. I feel as if he is always at a higher level and just slays his opponent no matter how good they are. Gland, your combo was full of cool tricks here and there, bit to much twisted sonic stuff (0:07 - 0:13) and your level of difficulty is not high enough. Pudels on the other hand, yet again, had plenty of originality, creativity, and difficulty. Variety over the tournament for Pudels has been lacking in the sense of the heavy use of inverse baks, but his unique style and trick set has not bored anyone. I'd be surprised if you weren't in the final, Winner = Pudels Kern.
    [B][SIZE="6"]FINALS[/SIZE][/B] click for countdown --> [SIZE="4"]DUE DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 22ND, 11:59 PM, CST[/SIZE] <-- click for countdown @Pudels Kern

2. fang
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 17:34:03

this is going to be interesting!

3. Gland
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:13:09

Thank you jamie and all judges for your work. I hope for next year the Tournament could be more 'official' and more attractive. Just as I expected, both of you deserved to final match, Good luck! I wish to see the best combo! Greetz.

4. Mage In Black
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:21:32

GL Twine. Good battle. Up to you to win it for UPSB.

5. Twine
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:40:07

Oh shit.... I honestly didn't expect a win ._______. MY NAILS HAVE BEEN CHOPPED DDD: Far out MIB, close battle :O. I'll try go and win it for us lol

6. Pudels Kern
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:40:35

I thought Gland's combo was awesome. Good job. I really wasn't sure if I would win. @Twine

7. Twine
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:42:37

Pudels Kern wrote: @Twine http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/Eriror/youreonv2.jpg

8. Mage In Black
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:48:55

Twine wrote: MY NAILS HAVE BEEN CHOPPED DDD:
    lol... You know a PSer has surrendered when he's clipped his fingernails. Personally, I don't understand why the third judge had to mention that neither Twine or I used baks. Honestly, do you use every trick you know in a combo? Plus, Charge 34 ~ Pinkybak Rev 34-12 > Indexmiddlebak Rev 1.5 12-23 > Pass 23-12 > Bak Rev 12-12 isn't that easy of a bak combo.

9. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 00:49:00

Gratz Twine and Pudel! All the best don't let us down and may the best spinner win!

10. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 07:13:35

wow, looking forward to this...when this tournament started, i thought the finals would be between twine and pudels kern xD good luck both of you

11. darkdazh
    Date: Sat, Apr 9 2011 01:13:11

Most people seem torn on this battle... I thought Twine's combo was definitely more difficult and varied. o_o Eh, can't wait for the finals though. ;]

12. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Apr 9 2011 01:19:29

gl all!

13. Mage In Black
    Date: Sat, Apr 9 2011 09:09:01

darkdazh wrote: Most people seem torn on this battle... I thought Twine's combo was definitely more difficult and varied. o_o Eh, can't wait for the finals though. ;]
    Try my linkages.

14. Escorpio123
    Date: Sun, Apr 10 2011 02:32:23

darkdazh wrote: Most people seem torn on this battle... I thought Twine's combo was definitely more difficult and varied. o_o Eh, can't wait for the finals though. ;]
    Are you serious? I don't think you saw MIB's combo so well then :facepalm:

15. Twine
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 05:45:34

Hello, I may not be able to upload by the given time since my internet is being a MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE and disconnecting every 2 second and I will be leaving for a holiday in about 14 hours ( 8 of those being sleep). Fuck my life. Honestly, all of a sudden a whole fuck load of shit goes wrong at once..........

16. Twine
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 09:25:44

[video=youtube;S1PCLybtgT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1PCLybtgT4[/video] LOSE "Watch out for subtlety ;). This is BY FAR not the best I could of done. My life is sucking dick through a straw at the moment with personal things, sorry to disappoint. I will lose for sure but I did spend a FUCK LOAD of time filming this. This combo took about 7 hours to film which is the most out of any combo I have filmed before (by about 4 hours). I don't think my mindset was helping though :("

17. song
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 09:40:46

woww,awesome combo,but the beginning part of ur combo is meaningless imo,hope u will win though

18. Twine
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:59:53

[video=youtube;ayjtic6H-7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjtic6H-7Q[/video]

19. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 14:11:00

twine that was amazing. loved it

20. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Apr 23 2011 02:52:08

Awesome Twine can't wait to see PK's vid.