UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello Everybody! How are you doing today?

1. Rogersbored
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 01:55:57

Hello UPSB! I'm Roger, and I started pen spinning because I had nothing better to do in class, 7th grade was easier than I expected, even in the second semester. On top of that, I had a hobby of collecting pens since forever. I've mastered: TA, Rev, Harmonic, FL TA Extended, Fake Double Backaround Sonic, Rise Charge 12,23,34; Rev 12 Twisted Sonic Index Bak, Mid Bak I am working on the Sonic Reverse and Charge Reverse, which I am mediocre at. It'd be awesome if someone would suggest to me what I should learn next. Thanks!

2. Bleevlee
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 02:12:00

Welcome. I dunno what you should learn next, sadly. I think I might have learned the demon's sonic around this point...

3. Sam
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 02:20:08

hey roger! welcome to upsb. I think that you should get a consistent and smooth fingerpass. as passes will be bases in many variations of tricks. (rev fingerpass if your bored) And definetly shadow. and shadow reverse. also some wipers will be helpful. :D Welcome to UPSB again

4. Rogersbored
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 03:59:52

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome, Sam! For some reason, I seem to be having a harder going down than going up with my Fingerpass. I'll definitely be working on the Shadow and Shadow Reverse, and a Quadruple Infinity. Also, what do you think of Twisted Sonic Busts? I think those seem quite appealing, too.

5. Sam
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 07:25:25

I mean working on one bust is fine. but do not get into depth in multiple busting and power tricks as a beginner. Your incapability to power tricks at first may lead you to buying a buster cyl, which is not recommended for beginners. Just stick with the basics, and then advance from there. do not jump to such difficult things. So twisted sonic busts are appealing but dont spend all your time working on multiple busts. one is fine, you can make a beautiful combo with just the basics. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyuaA-vCQW4 combo based on fundamental only

6. Rogersbored
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 07:44:10

Yet again, you help me out. Thanks a lot Sam! I'm currently working on Double Infinity and Shadow. I'm also trying to make a 4-6 second combo. Class time is the best time to practice XD. Oh yeah, so I've heard that there was a miniature mat of some sort so it doesn't damage the pen and makes less sound? I don't have all the facts, but I thought maybe you would know.