UPSB v4

Collaboration Videos / TOPS #2 Creativity Theme

1. Gland
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 09:56:44

please enjoy 4 minutes of creativity and entertainment.. I hope you like the [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]music[/COLOR][/B] too, because I was so excited with his violin performance :violin: [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]download link[/COLOR][/B] ty, Gland

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:00:48

REALLY AWESOME STUFF!!!! So impressive display of spinners and real interesting concepts that everyone worked on!!! Awesome job with the editing GLAND. It really amplified the spinning a lot!! Gotta' go watch it again and again bye.

3. Cooper
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 10:45:28

wow amazing editing amazing spinners

4. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 11:15:43

holy shit i swear this is the best collab i've ever seen. i'm so proud to be the co organiser yea so disgusted to be so nooby in the collab. my favourites were freeman, penja , and baimai . goodjob guys, all done really well. just a question: penja , how did u the pen transitions so fast?

5. Gr3gY
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:46:41

:clap::clap::clap: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: seriously, how did penninja do the transitions so fast? :O

6. Freeman
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:53:12

Amazing collab. All spinners did very well; I specially like Pen Ninja, Neoknux, BaiMai and Lindor.

7. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 13:42:16

that was a collab i was really proud to be in...i really just wish the rest of my combo was better and the magic TP transition was smoother. Baimai u win my heart with that one.

8. VikroaL
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 14:22:39

What an amazing collab o_o Now I hate having been filtered even more...this will be a legendary collab! Good job everybody, I can't tell how I love the most :p

9. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 14:27:27

cool stuff, I like pen ninja a lot!!!

10. fang
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:02:13

that was the first "Creativity" collab I have seen with really awsome and creative tricks and linkings. nice job. really awsome!!

11. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:03:13

u guys know... i edited that right...? like... my combo...? sorry if any1 hates me for it?

12. Kari-Chan
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:06:24

i knew penja edited it XD there's no way he could pass it so fast =P i liked everyone's combos but some of them were like "eh? where's the creativity?"

13. miyat
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:17:22

That was really awesome! Everyone was so good. I'm looking forward to more.

14. cyshing
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:34:01

BEST Creativity collab EVER!! :D

15. Radek
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:50:13

Pen Ninja: VERY good job.

16. Biji
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 15:55:17

Pen Ninja wrote: u guys know... i edited that right...? like... my combo...? sorry if any1 hates me for it?
    I knew it! No way anyone can switch pens that fast It's still a very nice combo though :P

17. Simplex
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 16:19:25

shat bricks.

18. JC
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 16:43:23

wow, really cool stuff!! liked it a lot =] amazing editing and there was too many cool things to comment on them all ..but did freeman lose the tip on his kt on purpose? or was that an accident lol? oh, and seems like people are starting to do that whole editing/pen switching thing more =P looks cool -- baaron did it here too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6GblCgwet8

19. Freeman
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 18:30:03

..but did freeman lose the tip on his kt on purpose? or was that an accident lol?
    That was on purpose lol :)

20. Lindor
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 20:21:12

Well, i liked it and i'm happy to be in, but there was still way too much 1p2h easy tricks, that are not creative anymore =/ @PenNinja : I don't think anybody will care about your combo having been edited - it's a collab, combos only have to look impressive, and yours definitly was impressive. It's not a tournament =)

21. SebuiX
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 21:01:12

AMAZING COLLAB!!!!AMAZING EDITION!!AMAZING COMBOS!! Im really happy to be in..!!thanks^^

22. Archermitch
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 21:05:19

Really good work. All of you. Spinners, organizers, editors. Amazing stuff here. This is the frontier of pen spinning. :D Can't wait for the next TOPS

23. davidguy
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 21:34:32

wow this collab was amazing!! definitely one of my favorites now =D

24. ChiefSnake
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 22:23:28

Baimai was amazing. The whole collab was good. Definitely one of my favorites.

25. Shut
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 00:18:16

There are good ideas but too many are confused with originality and creativity! I like pen ninja, freeman, lindor, sebuix, baimai Stuhl, i expected better from you but i didn't find anything creative in your combo which is just original Jamie, not even original^^

26. Taikutsu
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 00:45:16

:jawdrop:

27. Jamie Enns
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 01:05:23

Shut wrote: There are good ideas but too many are confused with originality and creativity! Jamie, not even original^^
    are you sure? overall, i think the that TOPs is the best thing since the world tournament for penspinning I hope (and I'm sure) it will gain popularity, there is nothing I love more then learning linkages! ^^

28. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 03:01:43

Okay I've watched this collab for about 67 times already. My actual comments on the entire collab. I've firstly gotta' agree with Lindor. There's too much 1p2h stuff. Not saying that it wasn't impressive or anything but it would have been cool last year or before the WC10. Soon, I suspect, those stuff will be very very common in normal spinning and freestyles. GLAND: I liked how you sequenced your combo with the I sonic to isolation stuff really cool. Great job at the editing as well. read first comment. Normally when there are effects during the spinning video for any collab, it would mess up the combo but when you did it, it made it look a lot better like with BaiMai's and Freeman's video. And how you syned it all with the music was incredible. 5 thumbs up!! Freeman: I find was the best combo in the entire collab. you played with so many different untouched areas of PSing. You explored different areas of types of tricks with the morphing (cool shooting of the pistol thingy) and snaking stuff. (I'm not sure about this one) You also showed some new tricks (i think) cont. fake rev. release (I believe?) at the beginning. Lastly added on to how to manipulate the pen in a combo. It was amazing that your ending was still so smooth with that unbalanced KT. Pen Ninja: Something PSing can explore on as well. How to use editing to benefit our spinning like what you did. Cool sequence, very smooth and well done! Stuhl: You're combo was one of your normal combo but all your combo's are amazing and creative. Very awesome 2p1h isolations and spinless stuff. I loved how you did the Haitua at the end. BaiMai: Woo!!! Nice way to incooperate other art forms into PSing. The combo you used really had a shadow puppet-y feel. Something about your style that really suits it as well. Nice shadow butterfly and dogface. I'm not sure but what shape were you making at the end? neoknux_009: Interesting use of the elbow as a pivot to transfer the pen to the other hand. It's like a wiper E (E stands for elbow). Very great display of the magic trick but you gave away how you did it like how Twister gave away his magic trick in the first round of the WC10. I won't tell don't worry... Jamie Enns: It's combo was slighty different from your other combos because, like what I said about Stuhl, all your combos have creative linkages. Sadly not many people can see it. (change your angle so we can see them clearer!!!!!) Like what Strat's said in his second PS-weekly show, we really need to push the boundaries of linkages. I believe you did the Vic trick somewhere in that combo as well right? Lovely ending. Lindor: Also very cool stuff with the manipulation of the pen in the combo. Did you do some of the go round stuff as well? Gisele8: Nice linkages and Spinless stuff. Why didn't you participate on the artistic side during the WC10? Aphrodite: I like the sequence as of the 2p1h stuff as well. SPRiNGFiELD: Nice cow! Maybe you should have done some stuff on the 34 slot as well (should be possible) SubeiX: Also played with the pen in a combo but it's only possible now thanks to Guitrums Breaker. Sorry for the short comments for the last few, I didn't realise that it would take so long to type this post out and I don't wanna' be late for school.

29. Jamie Enns
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 03:48:13

what is a "vic trick"?

30. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 04:32:41

I really like: Linor with the pen removing the cap or something and putting it back on, really awesome to watch. Baimai was great, and what a impressive way of being creative. Neonuck for the magic was really entertaining, also interesting, I was wondering "how did he do that?" And Ninja a serious of difficult stuff. Freeman was good with the aerials and spins. Sebiux With the flexible mod haha, it was funny to watch. Y esta ganando tu equipo.

31. Milk
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 08:16:06

Lol at first I thought BaiMai's combo was just animated :P Once again I never expected this thing to such an international series. And the music was awesome too. The TOPS collabs just seem to be getting better and better!!

32. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 09:41:36

Jamie Enns wrote: what is a "vic trick"?
    [video=youtube;l3tOag9avWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3tOag9avWM[/video]

33. SebuiX
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 09:47:32

Hippo2626 wrote: SebuiX: Also played with the pen in a combo but it's only possible now thanks to Guitrums Breaker.
    I didnt use the breaker mod, i use another mod that is based on guitrums idea. SG3 SXv

34. Pen Ninja
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 11:53:34

:P i recorded mine b4 baaron released that... for the record :P

35. devanQ
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 13:01:54

this is very awsome cv it gives inspiration to all of newbie like me good job all !

36. Vaan
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 22:04:45

this is so awesome!!!!!

37. Jamie Enns
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 22:33:58

i did not do a "vic trick" then, I was convinced I was doing a swivel to pinky bust... like i did here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eio5uwA3FwU :\

38. chris
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 23:48:00

was GLAND using a Crew mod? :?

39. Kari-Chan
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 02:11:07

oh, did anyone notice that penja used the same pen for start and finish? :P

40. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 02:30:47

Jamie Enns wrote: i did not do a "vic trick" then, I was convinced I was doing a swivel to pinky bust... like i did here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eio5uwA3FwU :\
    Im kinda' convinced that its a vic trick to pinky pust. I'm not sure but the pen never goes to the other side of the hand right? (opposite the palm side)

41. Archermitch
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 05:13:29

Freeman has consistenlty been creative with his combos in the past and I'm glad to see him continue to do his thing in this collab. :) Jamie has need to change his angle for far too long now. :( For the record, Sebuix's mod was not completely Guitrum's. When I asked about it, he told me this: "my friend albertt make his mod first than guitrum based on his idea.. and then i made my version..days later guitrum post his mod in upsb.. but i think that all the credits goes to guitrum^^ "

42. Gland
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 09:23:34

chrisPS wrote: was GLAND using a Crew mod? :?
    no, I never using anyone mod's.. I use mine

43. Lindor
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 11:20:06

It is a vic trick, but vic trick itself is based on a swivel.

44. Pen Ninja
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:10:39

its not a vic trick... its a swivel ~> pinky around... the swivel is interrupted and then it goes into the last part of a pinky around, JE did a swivel ~> PA > PA... theres no need to name a trick after a person, just because they RECORDED it first, 1: it doesnt mean they were the 1st to do it, 2: what if theyre the first to record a different trick... vic trick 2? everything can be broken down, ayatori trick: ipba rev 23-t12 > shadow t12-34~pinky bust 34-t12, etc. we have enough trick names, proper trick names and notation (inv, reverse, moonwalk, finger notation) to modify their meaning to describe any trick. if something completely new comes along, something we cant notate, like spreads... give them a proper name like spreads... wat if we just gave up and named spreads "bonkura trick" so now in every power combo its be like bonkura trick 3-4-2-1 > tw sonic > ta > bonkura trick blah blah... dont do this crap people... look at the trick, it resembles a swivel... but then it goes into a pinky around... soooo.... look at it a bit, how can we break up a trick? how can we... interrupt the trick notation? heh? huuuuh? get it? its so simple, next time dont be so damn lazy and call it trick

45. Lindor
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:24:45

I know that everything can be breakdowned, thank. I breadown everything myself. I should have said "it's the same trick than in vic's vid", this was what i was willing to explain. And this is exactly the same trick (pinkyswivel P-34~devil's shadow 34-34, and i can even use official names to breakdown it if you prefer), the only difference is that after this trick, vic does some pass and not a pinkyback reverse. I'm not saying "you are using a tricks invented by someone else", simply explaining that those tricks are based on the same movement.

46. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:32:25

penja, they were just discussing whether it is the same trick in vic's video, not if the breakdown was correct.

47. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:42:33

I know that it's not the official name, I was just using it to identify whatever JE was doing. Actually not many would use the term vics trick. Unless some spinner is real popular and comes up with a new trick and names it whatever, than it'll be called that, even though it can be broken down or has some other name.(like Spinnerpeem and Ayatori)

48. Pen Ninja
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 15:38:25

i just get pissed off by trick... its so annoying lol

49. walrus
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 14:50:20

AMAZING COLLAB ONE OF MY FAVORIT exellent editing!!! i love the intro :) baimai's video was wicked!!! i dont know how he did that but it made an amazing effect i usually dont like lady gaga but the first music 'telephone' by the violins was also great -AWESOME COLLAB!!!