UPSB v4

Board Comments / UPSB has gone down the drain.

1. SyntaxError
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:08:03

This has seriously gotten out of hand. Mods and Admins, I am sorry if this is in the wrong section or is against the rules, but I feel it must be said. For those of you who don't know me, I'm SyntaxError and have been part of the UPSB community ever since December 2009~January 2010 (v3 board). I spin merely for recreation now and have exited my "phase" in which I strived to learn something new not every week, but every day. But that's enough about me, I'm here not to speak of the story behind my penspinning, but rather the UPSB community. I visit UPSB not as often now, but every now and then. Every time I return, I become more and more disappointed. UPSB v4 as I know it has not bloomed to become the place I knew, where new penspinners could learn and experience modding, while more familiar members could present new ideas to be explored and speak of their life outside of spinning. The truth is, UPSB v4 has not evolved to become the place where penspinning and all related topics could be brought together and be explored, but rather mutated into a haven for annoying people who have nothing better to do with their lives. I would not consider UPSB today as a "trolling board" but rather "a board that has lost its purpose." I don't give a crap if you go around and say random BS, as long as you don't screw everything up. Trolling is not the issue here, it is the people who are stuck up, have a low maturity level, and are downright [B]ANNOYING[/B]. Jan, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. Stare, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. MAJORITY OF UPSB V4, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. If you want to troll, at least don't be a dumb piece of crap and actually have some LOGIC. I am not relinquishing your freedom of speech, but actually have some purpose to what you say ya know? Flaming does not count. Annoying others does not count. Flaunting your "so called proness, JAN -cough cough-" does not count. Trolling can be done in the off-topic section and when it DOES NOT get out of hand in other sections. NachoAddict,BlahBlahTing,Hoiboy,Guitrum,ShonenBatman, I look up to these people. Why? Not only have they contributed to the world of penspinning, but when they speak, they actually have common sense running through their brains. Zombo, Admins, Mods, Beta Mods, Premium Members, Old-Timers,Members, Newcomers PLEASE I TELL YOU THIS, When you write, review, or remove a post, THINK TO YOURSELF: "Does this post really help the forum itself? Does it have meaning? DOES IT MAKE SENSE?" With great regret that no one has said this yet, ~SyntaxError

2. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:15:33

I don't think anything has gone wrong with UPSB. Looking back on past threads, UPSB was always like that, it's just that now that [B]you've matured as a member[/B], you now see how stupid new members can act. When I first joined UPSB, I thought I would change UPSB by changing attitudes and whatever crap, but as I gained more experience, I saw how annoying I was as a new member. You can complain all you want, but UPSB isn't going to change because of one thread. In fact, I believe that the best way to change this thread is to enforce stricter (-insert iMatt complaint here-) trolling rules and rules regarding the proper use of English because it forces people to at least look more mature and give some consideration into what they're about to post.

3. Sc00t
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:39:27

SyntaxError wrote: Stare, I AM CALLING YOU OUT.
    Who the fuck are you? Get off my nuts. With a great sense of self-importance that obliges me to put a voluntary signature at the end of my post ~Stare

4. xSpin
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:43:42

WHO THE ARE YOU.

5. Frip
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:48:19

y u mad tho?

6. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:52:26

What was ur username before? :? Did anybody do something bad to you? :( Why are you so mad? :huh:

7. hens
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:53:15

proally gonna get locked eventually, BUT..... it's been like this since even the OLD upsb before ucpsb as well, it's what happens when a majority of your members are 12-17. honestly, just deal with it. some people grow out of immaturity, others don't, but they're all part of the community regardless. i mean, think of them as like the comedic relief of the board toeing the lie of safe and unsafe, but if this was a totally "safe" place than why not just stay in the wiki; there'd be no reason to really interact. I for one am fine with it; it adds some flavor and humor to life when things are too mundane. if you're not, it's time to learn that the real world is what it is; you can't micromanage absolutely everything or just don't come, simple as that.

8. Jazz
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 02:53:24

Lemme just say a thing. Why, don't you just IGNORE them? Hella, alot of people take the trolling as nothing. Its just part of the community. Some members just have to troll, no whether you place ten million rules on banning trolls.

9. Quake
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:04:26

Jazz wrote: Lemme just say a thing. Why, don't you just IGNORE them? Hella, alot of people take the trolling as nothing. Its just part of the community. Some members just have to troll, no whether you place ten million rules on banning trolls.
    i totally agree with jazz. Trolling is just something ppl do. its part of this upsb community. plus u say upsb is a board that has lost its purpose, but the point of upsb is to bring penspinners together so they can be with other penspinners. and thats wat its doing.

10. Quake
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:05:13

Jazz wrote: Lemme just say a thing. Why, don't you just IGNORE them? Hella, alot of people take the trolling as nothing. Its just part of the community. Some members just have to troll, no whether you place ten million rules on banning trolls.
    i totally agree with jazz. Trolling is just something ppl do. its part of this upsb community. plus u say upsb is a board that has lost its purpose, but the point of upsb is to bring penspinners together so they can be with other penspinners. and thats wat its doing.

11. Quake
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:05:46

srry bout double post :( accident.

12. Colin
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:05:59

Let me say something, Syntax, you have no idea about UPSB going down the drain. Youre just hopping onto the bandwagon here. If you been signed up for as long as I have, or shit, even as long as Baaron, Eriror, THEN you will realize why UPSB 'has gone down the drain'. You are in no position to say that; I dont even know who you are. Take some Fukitol and be calm about it, rasta. Youve seen nothing. So, stop your complaining, and do something about it.

13. Wind
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:14:38

... Who are you?

14. Sc00t
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:22:39

DeeJaySpin wrote: the point of upsb is to bring penspinners together so they can be with other penspinners. and thats wat its doing.
    amen. all penspinners should be welcome.. even zuolin :beer:

15. Xzelph
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:24:23

...just leave UPSB and go to other boards if you feel really disappointed. or just ignore noobs. I think it really disgusting to say anything bad in this board.

16. iBlameLag
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 03:26:35

Hmm..I sorta...agree with you.. But most of this stuff isn't true, and I don't have ANY idea as to who you are. You may try to yell out a plea of despair that USPB is going down the drain, but trolling isn't gonna be stopped. >___>

17. peninja
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 04:51:13

never mind, i thought this was spammers bin but yeah either way, stare annoys me so does nateisnotkewl

18. Sc00t
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 04:57:08

peninja wrote: we should bake stare, and also dude isnt this spammers bin, you cant get banned in here.....
    already there bro :smoke:

19. Jazz
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 14:42:32

Fail thread. No mod has answered 0.0 Btw. You must be a kid. Who cares about trolls/annoying people.

20. Sc00t
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 14:57:03

peninja wrote: never mind, i thought this was spammers bin but yeah either way, stare annoys me so does nateisnotkewl
    :violin:

21. Gr3gY
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 15:45:18

why do u even bother posting this when u dont have some way to change this board to "back the way it was". change happens, deal with it. if u dont like it, well. get inactive. thats what many members do nowadays

22. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 16:51:06

I have the feeling most of the good spinners that were originally on UPSB don't even care about UPSB anymore and just spin for themselves and the people who are active on UPSB don't care about penspinning that much. This isn't much of a penspinning community anymore. I don't actually see as many people striving to be really good anymore as before.

23. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 18:10:01

I second that notion, Eri.

24. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 22:59:03

this problem of "weak spinners" has been identified a long time ago, so not that much has changed over the years. if you really want to change the community, you need to make a [B]POSITIVE[/B] contribution, not pointing out the [B]NEGATIVE[/B], which many have done countless times in the past. The community cannot change, if the people in the community itself don't decide they want to do better. If you think UPSB can be better, then you should show how by positive action/leadership. Sitting around and complaining won't change things.

25. SyntaxError
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 23:39:16

Erirornal Kraione wrote: I have the feeling most of the good spinners that were originally on UPSB don't even care about UPSB anymore and just spin for themselves and the people who are active on UPSB don't care about penspinning that much. This isn't much of a penspinning community anymore. I don't actually see as many people striving to be really good anymore as before.
    This, I may have worded my title incorrectly and apologize. As Eriror said, there isn't much of a penspinning community. I meant in no way to create a hate/flame war, but if you saw it as such, I am deeply sorry. I simply requested that people have some common sense to keep UPSB alive as a penspinning community; after all, that was it's purpose, aside from a gathering place, was it not?

26. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Apr 6 2011 22:05:35

SyntaxError wrote: This, I may have worded my title incorrectly and apologize. As Eriror said, there isn't much of a penspinning community. I meant in no way to create a hate/flame war, but if you saw it as such, I am deeply sorry. I simply requested that people have some common sense to keep UPSB alive as a penspinning community; after all, that was it's purpose, aside from a gathering place, was it not?
    calling people out as the cause of upsb turning into shit kind of contradicts this

27. Gr3gY
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 16:51:08

we've had plenty of threads like this in the past and how did it end? did upsb change for the better or however u want it to change? so this thread is basically shit unless u give some ideas on how to improve the community like what u said. this thread = [B]pointless.[/B]

28. Tinybizzle
    Date: Tue, Apr 26 2011 02:05:29

i remember people panicking that upsb was "going down the drain" 5-6 years ago... must be one long ass drain haha. maybe you should just enjoy the ride B)

29. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 15:48:42

This made a lot of since but at the same time nothing different is gana happen

30. Soren
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 16:51:28

SyntaxError wrote: I would not consider UPSB today as a "trolling board" but rather "a board that has lost its purpose." I don't give a crap if you go around and say random BS, as long as you don't screw everything up. Trolling is not the issue here, it is the people who are stuck up, have a low maturity level, and are downright [B]ANNOYING[/B]. Jan, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. Stare, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. MAJORITY OF UPSB V4, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. If you want to troll, at least don't be a dumb piece of crap and actually have some LOGIC.
    Says the guy who has "C is for COOOOKIEEE and COOOKIE IS FO MEEEE" as his status but in response to this thread, there are always going to be trollers and people who hardly contribute to the forum, you cant expect everyone to be mature and say something clever, not everyone is the world is a brainiac, you just got to accept and learn to adjust to people who are immature but the people who troll every second and spam, yeah, they can just gtfo

31. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 05:19:00

Supergirl wrote: Says the guy who has "C is for COOOOKIEEE and COOOKIE IS FO MEEEE" as his status but in response to this thread, there are always going to be trollers and people who hardly contribute to the forum, you cant expect everyone to be mature and say something clever, not everyone is the world is a brainiac, you just got to accept and learn to adjust to people who are immature but the people who troll every second and spam, yeah, they can just gtfo
    You made my day Lmaoooooo

32. Soren
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 09:43:08

Breezy wrote: You made my day Lmaoooooo
    lol, i'm glad i did :)

33. beebop
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 02:36:24

Its the online world, as long as u dont personally know these people its fine because you shouldnt take these things too personally because speaking online sometimes doesnt really get the point across trolls have no life and come on here for their own reasons and say certain things for their own reasons, dont let them make in impact on you, if they do, you lose

34. Kirby
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 16:21:06

Stare;81599]amen. all penspinners should be welcome.. even zuolin :beer:[/QUOTE] You weren't even around for Zuolin. Ignorant bitch. [QUOTE=Breezy wrote: This made a lot of since but at the same time nothing different is gana happen
    You are why this thread was made. EDIT: Double post, my bad.

35. spinford
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 12:12:30

IN my area of penspinning in Toronto, I have met 6 new penspinners last 3 weeks that can mod and learn new tricks already.

36. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 14:53:05

SyntaxError wrote: This has seriously gotten out of hand. Mods and Admins, I am sorry if this is in the wrong section or is against the rules, but I feel it must be said. For those of you who don't know me, I'm SyntaxError and have been part of the UPSB community ever since December 2009~January 2010 (v3 board). I spin merely for recreation now and have exited my "phase" in which I strived to learn something new not every week, but every day. But that's enough about me, I'm here not to speak of the story behind my penspinning, but rather the UPSB community. I visit UPSB not as often now, but every now and then. Every time I return, I become more and more disappointed. UPSB v4 as I know it has not bloomed to become the place I knew, where new penspinners could learn and experience modding, while more familiar members could present new ideas to be explored and speak of their life outside of spinning. The truth is, UPSB v4 has not evolved to become the place where penspinning and all related topics could be brought together and be explored, but rather mutated into a haven for annoying people who have nothing better to do with their lives. I would not consider UPSB today as a "trolling board" but rather "a board that has lost its purpose." I don't give a crap if you go around and say random BS, as long as you don't screw everything up. Trolling is not the issue here, it is the people who are stuck up, have a low maturity level, and are downright [B]ANNOYING[/B]. Jan, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. Stare, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. MAJORITY OF UPSB V4, I AM CALLING YOU OUT. If you want to troll, at least don't be a dumb piece of crap and actually have some LOGIC. I am not relinquishing your freedom of speech, but actually have some purpose to what you say ya know? Flaming does not count. Annoying others does not count. Flaunting your "so called proness, JAN -cough cough-" does not count. Trolling can be done in the off-topic section and when it DOES NOT get out of hand in other sections. NachoAddict,BlahBlahTing,Hoiboy,Guitrum,ShonenBatman, I look up to these people. Why? Not only have they contributed to the world of penspinning, but when they speak, they actually have common sense running through their brains. Zombo, Admins, Mods, Beta Mods, Premium Members, Old-Timers,Members, Newcomers PLEASE I TELL YOU THIS, When you write, review, or remove a post, THINK TO YOURSELF: "Does this post really help the forum itself? Does it have meaning? DOES IT MAKE SENSE?" With great regret that no one has said this yet, ~SyntaxError
    i feel some what insulted you didnt mention my name..... :(