UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / DrGripable's DC mod

1. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 20:21:54

DrGripable DC mod ============================ MATERIALS: -2X Dr Grip Pen. ( i used american) -2X Supertip -Grips of your choice -Bic Barrel STATS: -DC Non retractable -length, (as made) around 22 cm CAN BE LONGER -Weight 14 grams naked style or 15-16 with grips -cost, around $10 PROS: -Much more momentum than most beginners mods but does not create weight dependency -lotsa spinning space -very easy to make -all american parts CONS: -Low customization -feels weird to spin at first

Spoiler TUTORIAL Empty your supertip barrels 1.) Take your supertip barrels and cut them to be 10 cm. CUT FROM THE BACK THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. IT IS NOT LIKE A VGG BODY!!! Do this for both supertip barrels 2.) Cut a 2 CM section from a Bic barrel 3.) Insert the BIC barrel into one supertip body like you would a vicgotgame mod body. 4.) Attach the two supertip barrels by the bic barrel as you would a vocgotgame mod. you MAY use superglue, but not necessary. 5.) Take your dr grip pen tips and stick them onto the front of the supertip bodies. They should stick right on with a little space in between the tips and the barrel. ========================= you MAY STOP after step 5 if you want ========================= 6.) Add grips of your choice DONE
    Q&A: ================== Q: Is this basically a vgg mod but with mostly subbed parts A: Fine. I give. whatever, i guess it is -.-' Q: Could i use dr grip tips other than american pen tips A: IDK about jap pen tips, but ANY shaker tips will not work.

2. Wisp
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 20:24:03

ehhhh, would look nicer with more colors. I wouldn't get horny over it.

3. RicLu98
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:14:52

shouldn't it be a lot heavier cuz of the dr. grip tips? or are american tips lighter than the japanese?

4. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:21:00

@RicLu98 , well first, these are PEN tips, not shaker tips, second, they're american, not japanese. The american pen tips weigh about 3.5 grams each

5. MaxPa
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:25:43

Is't it the Vicgotgame mod a bit modified?

6. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:31:46

Well no. Airfit tips do not fit on the supertip barrel as these do, also, i did not use dr grip grips, rsvp caps, and the entire thing with the barrel is significantly different. My biggest fear was that ppl would go off on how this is too much like a vgg mod. This mod is also much lighter

7. RH
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:42:57

no offense, but i feel like this is just a Vic-stick variation. The mod has different parts but the main idea of a vicstick is there.

8. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:46:02

NO FOR THE LAST TIME. just because the barrels are connected the same way, it does not mean V-STICK!!!! If the body were just one pen and not two supertips, no one would say it was like a vicgotgame mod which really makes me kinda angry. ITS ONLY THE BODY!!!! silly people

9. RH
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:48:49

no the idea is rather similar, same body, almost same tips(airfits and american dr.grips look almost identical), just gripping is different which isn't much of a change at all. I'm not hating on your mod, it just strikes me as shorter,less heavy/finger breaking, vicstick even though that may not have been what you intended.

10. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:52:36

in my tut, you could've stopped right when you stuck the tips on, with a vstick that wudn't have been possible lol

11. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:55:07

RH wrote: no the idea is rather similar, same body, almost same tips(airfits and american dr.grips look almost identical), just gripping is different which isn't much of a change at all. I'm not hating on your mod, it just strikes me as shorter,less heavy/finger breaking, vicstick even though that may not have been what you intended.
    Totally Agree BabyGripAble the main form of making this is like the vic's mod ;), and also in penwish the tips for the VGG mod is 2 kinds, DR GRIP or AIRFIT tips, I have the DR GRIP tips, so, it is not much difference from there, I ma try to get this though, lol. But good tutorial anyways, it is a variation, and ligher, that's what people sometimes need :D. :clap:

12. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:56:15

Yes, the body is the only thing that is similar to the V-mod; but however, it is also the only thing that is any bit special in here. It's just simply adding random tips and grips to a pre-existing body. I'd say that if you want to make a mod with simple "grip-over-tip" structure, you should also invent your own barrel/body just so that it have something unique enough to be considered as a new mod. PS: I find the concept of this mod to be similar to the R-stic [B]EDIT: ninja'd[/B]

13. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 21:58:32

@Escorpio123, pw sells them with jap dr grip shaker tips, american dr grip pen tips are muchmuch different lol

14. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 22:00:45

oh, okaay :? hehe :).

15. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 22:04:00

yah lol

16. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Apr 4 2011 22:53:20

In theory you can hollow out the supertip front sides, cut off the barrel underthe airfit grips, stuff them into the st barrels, and screw on the airfit tips. Gripless capless Vicgotgame mod

17. V-Storm
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 00:35:30

So the Dr Grips screw on tightly even without grips? or would one need glue?

18. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 00:40:29

@V-Storm , they just stick right on. They fit pretty tightly, no glue neseccary.

19. V-Storm
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 00:44:28

Pretty innovative. I'm thinking about making a rsvp based mod from this.

20. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 00:48:53

thank you :)

21. Dudak
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 04:01:01

It's a SupawitDC

22. Kastup
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 04:10:10

Nice vic-stick

23. sasuak
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 04:39:18

lol, yeah nice vic stic :D

24. SuiXidaL
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 08:00:12

Not to be mean, but did anyone ask for a tutorial ? :P Anyways, i can see some spelling errors you might want to fix :)

25. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 08:09:26

@Krispy Kreme Not to be mean, but I dont think he cares. ----- But if you're using Dr.Grips tips.. why not use the grips too? PrinceXD

26. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 09:37:03

how is it DC mod when it doesn't use caps? xD jkjk also congrats on breaking the 'white mod' trend by making it black

27. RicLu98
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 02:46:07

it's actually very different from a vicgotgame mod.

28. Kastup
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 04:16:57

RicLu98 wrote: it's actually very different from a vicgotgame mod.
    errrr how? it's a vicgotgame mod but he forgot to use rsvp caps + dr grip grips

29. RicLu98
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:06:41

Kastup wrote: errrr how? it's a vicgotgame mod but he forgot to use rsvp caps + dr grip grips
    he didn't forget to use rsvp caps and dr grip grips... plus he didn't use airfit gel tips he used dr grip pen tips.

30. RH
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:09:53

RicLu98 wrote: he didn't forget to use rsvp caps and dr grip grips... plus he didn't use airfit gel tips he used dr grip pen tips.
    Yes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't retain the VGG persona. This is still a variation of the VGG.

31. Kastup
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:24:25

A very slight variation of the VGG mod. You can use dr grip tips on a vgg mod too.....

32. V-Storm
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:44:48

Alright guys, I just want to clear things off. And to show my complete bias; I like this mod. It's intuitive. I have one. Saying this is a VGG mod is like saying a Buster CYL is a bictory, or a MSXA is a MX, or a MX is a RSVP V1. A mod is a mod, guys. *shrug* On a different note, do all American Dr. Grip tips fit this? I was going to make another one.

33. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 01:57:20

@V-Storm , i believe so, and thanks a lot

34. mapjay
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 14:47:39

personally i feel that this mod is COMPLETELY different from a VGG.materials and construction are TOTALLY different.it is not just a variation of a VGG.however, i also agree that the main idea from a VGG is there.the two st body,attatch tip on both ends bla bla bla.but, i feel it is different enough to be considered a new mod:D

35. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Apr 12 2011 23:49:20

@mapjay, thanks :)

36. Kirby
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 00:08:06

vic mod can use dr. grip. Other than that all you subbed is the grip and removed rsvp cap.

37. chili pepper
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 03:52:52

It doesn't matter whether it's a vic stic variant. It's still a stick, and it's still not a very attractive one IMO. The impact of this discussion should be whether or not this is acceptable to post; how many people asked for this? Also, it's the general consensus that it's pretty vic-stick ish. longass ST body and some kind of heavy tip at the end; vic started the whole stick trend and this is following in its footsteps. One of the biggest problems I have with the posting of this is that it's just a variant; it shouldn't be posted because if it's justified for you to post this, it's justified to spam the shit out of the tutorials pending approval section with the thousands of stick variations that exist. For example, I've made a total of four stick variants, with one of them being this with water pipe grips. However, I refrained from posting them because it's not that damn difficult to figure out that X tip will fit on a supertip body and ooh, maybe Y grip will fit over it! It's just an unnecessary addition to the tutorials pending approval thread, an unnecessary burden on me because I'm flaming instead of doing homework, and an annoyance to people who know better than to post this... ...IMO

38. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Apr 15 2011 04:01:23

The construction is so simple that you can't really say this is a completely different mod...because it's not. But at the same time to attribute it as a variation of a mod that is much more complex in how it is made seems a bit...unfair? All in all, all mods are somewhat related. Like I said before I don't think this is completely new nor a complete ripoff of another pen but something in between, due to its simple nature. And seriously @V-Storm? The first comparison is completely blown out of proportion. A bictory and VGG mod are significantly different aside from the use of a bic body in the VGG. But the other comparisons? An MXSA IS a variation of an MX.

39. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 20:35:33

Wait @Nachoaddict , did you ever make one?

40. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Apr 22 2011 04:16:24

@drgripable No I didn't.

41. LongCK
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 15:23:12

that's nice man, thanks

42. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Jul 4 2011 21:20:03

This is the most unoriginal mod tutorial I have ever seen.

43. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 07:25:51

the point of this mod is to show that dr. grip PEN tips can fit onto supertip tips nicely. Yah i used vgg body connection idea and the same barrel. So wat?