UPSB v4

Off-topic / Developing your personality

1. Rude Boy
    Date: Sun, Apr 3 2011 20:42:57

Hi all! I am studying psychology and I'm making a small survey about developing personality by people aged between 12 and 19. I would be grateful if you could take a look at my questionary and give me some answers. It's totaly anonymous (unless you really want to sign yourself :P). I hope my translation is understandable. Also, if you have any suggestions about changing my translation into more efficient form, I would be grateful if you contact me by PM or MSN or just post it here. And here's the link: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGlDY0pSYno0Vi1aYTY3ODM2Q3lGbXc6MQ

2. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Apr 6 2011 21:53:03

im 11 sorry i cant help u

3. Neotoma
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 00:14:25

I'm 13 so i guess i'll fill it out

4. Mike
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 03:29:49

Done.

5. sangara
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 03:46:34

Sent.

6. miyat
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 03:59:39

done

7. Argon_City
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 09:41:07

Sent.

8. tylt
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 13:44:26

Sent.

9. Rude Boy
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 13:15:03

Thank you for your participation :) It was realy helpful. My lecturer was surprised that I actualy did internationaly ^^ While analysing your answers, I decided to throw away age limits, so people after 19 are also valuable. But anyway, my work is over, this project is finished. I wanted to check, if there are any differences between continents and cultures, on how people develop their personality (how fast, which way they choose and so on). Looks like Europe, North and South America haven't got much differences. Sadly I didn't get many answers from people from Asia. It is possible, that I'll have more questions in the future, regarding to other topics, but I guess it won't be any soon. Thanks again :)

10. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 13:44:37

You got at least 1 person from Asia right here. ;) Sent yesterday but I was too lazy to post. Good luck with your project and stuff, mate!

11. fang
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 14:13:03

done, someone from the netherlands! :P

12. Rude Boy
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 14:28:16

Statisticaly, one person isn't enough :P And in fact I don't need your posts as a proof, but bumping this thread made it more popular. Thanks a lot :)

13. Krypton
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 15:36:23

Done, interesting survey, what's the main theme that you emphasize on actually? There's question about parents, school, mental health...a rather large scope.

14. Rude Boy
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 16:10:49

I had to make presentation about growing up. I've done this questionary to check, if what is written in books about developing personality is true or not. It looks like, most of it, is true. No matter where are you from, you have to go through certain phases of developing personality. There are 4 phases and I'm not sure if I can translate them correctly (psychological vocabulary is a bit different in every country). One phase can be skipped (it's mirror personality. This one sounds normal, when I try to translate it :p) and it's simply isn't necessary to grow up, but many people go through it (or stop developing their personality at this point). What I discovered, is that nowadays people grow up later than before. I mean in the books it was written, that normaly people are fully grown up at age 21. When I started asking people after 21, it turned out, that they aren't grown up. This needs a full scale reasearch to be sure, but it looks like growing up stage is extending to 24. My original purpose, was to simply have some more material for my presentation (I just needed to extend it to 90min), but results I received make me think about doing a small update to current psychological knowledge.