UPSB v4

General Discussion / Dr. Kt?? Need advice

1. CheezyNinja
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 20:38:24

Would it be a bad idea for me to get a Dr. Kt? ive been spinning for two months and i can do combos and what not.. i just wanna know if it would be too heavy.. im used to about medium weighted mods, im assuming its like a comssa but with a bit more weight and momentum. any advice??

2. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 21:10:03

you can learn on it, as long as its not the only thing you spin it should be fine. The problem with learning on heavy mods is your muscle memory gets used to the slower movement. With a light mod you hands have to do more "work" (more cordination is needed) you want to get that coordination early, cuz it feels so bad to be worrying about basics again after spinning for a while. If you find yourself being able to do stuff only on a KT, or you can only spin KT smoothly then stop using it until you catch lighter pen spinning up to your KT level

3. sangara
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 23:45:08

Do what ever you want, most people on this board are on a power trip.

4. hens
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 01:31:16

erm... if you consider a comssa as medium weight.... a kt might as well be a brick tho like sangara said, do whatever you want ._. if you feel like switching to something heavy do it or switch back to something light later

5. CheezyNinja
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 01:31:28

i think ill hold off on the heavy mods for awhile.. cuz i wanna be able to somewhat spin regular pens too, so i can actually say i can PENspin.. but whats the weight of a waterfall compared to a KT less or more or same?

6. sangara
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 01:49:11

This board has brainwashed people into thinking they can't switch back at any point. Seriously getting used to a new weight takes like 2 days at most of casual spinning. If you do it as often as I do then you can switch pens in a matter of minutes.

7. CheezyNinja
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 02:00:57

K thanks. yeah id like to see scientific proof for some of this stuff lol i was spinning a buster CYL all day one day and some the next, then when i went to a lighter mod it was crazy light, and that was last friday and saturday.. monday i was spinning reg. pens fine

8. AWtii69
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 03:52:04

no, id say dont its pretty heavy spin a metallic comssa, its really great, ive been soinning for like 8 moths and i still love mine =O

9. CheezyNinja
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 11:55:53

OK cool.. I should be making a order on penwish soon-- gonna make a waterfall mod, cheat comssa, zt mod (for showing off), and my own mod which is rsvp barrel with hgg grip then I put metal comssa caps on each side.. its not that simple though

10. fang
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 14:14:29

metal commsa?

11. CheezyNinja
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 19:56:49

Metallic sorry...