UPSB v4

Presentation / thoughts during filming

1. RicLu98
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 03:55:35

We all know about the stress of filming. Is there something you should focus on? like smoothness rather than making every trick perfect? I know that when you perform piano or whatever other musical instrument, it helps to think of expression and the actual music rather than getting all the notes right. Is there something similar in penspinning?

2. Riley
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 03:58:02

Kinda related, but I always give myself a reward when I'm done...

3. iColor
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 04:54:02

When performing a difficult combo, droning it it over and over again loses the expression and after multiple tries and I find myself "dumbing" the combo down just to get filming over with.

4. tacohead12
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 05:18:56

I totally agree^ I think it's probably good to take breaks alot. Like try and film and if you can't do anything come back to it after doing something else and try again. I usually do that andjust keep taking breaks until I am totally in the zone :P

5. Rapid
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:22:58

What i think whatever i do is "im dumb and this pen will fall"

6. fang
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 11:34:29

if I am filming, I think about how awsome it would be if the combo would work. but then it failt...

7. crinix
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 18:24:00

When I was trying to beat my bust record: "Ok, it's 50 now, 50 more and it will be at youtube." and pen falls... When I start with a hard starter to my combo: "Yes! I did it, now i have to complete the combo without fail" and pen falls...

8. sangara
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 01:59:42

My mind is usually blank, I always go into a combo blind, the end result is usually something I can't repeat.

9. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 02:21:37

"I swear, this next one's gonna be it." "Just one more try and then I'll go do homework."

10. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 02:44:07

While I'm filming, I just sing and listen to music and the pen keeps falling, but since, I am singing the songs that are playing at that time, I don't stress much lol. If you see my videos, you'll hear the songs playing lol :rofl:. When it is really late though <_<, I can't play them, then I just try to focus on smoothness and to perform every single trick right, but when some minutes have passed, the concentration is lower, and suddenly, I am at the end of the combo, when I realized it, finisher fails :facepalm: And so on and on, repeat and repeat, when I get the combo, I watch it, it I don't like it, I'll do it right away again, or else I would lose the ability of such tricks lol, seriously. I only stop till my battery is low, then I'll charge for 2 hours and half maybe, but in the meantime, I let my hand rest and sometimes practice the hardest linkages of the long combo ;).

11. RicLu98
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 04:51:45

sangara wrote: My mind is usually blank, I always go into a combo blind, the end result is usually something I can't repeat.
    are you saying that you're freestyling? cuz if your mind is blank, how do you remember what tricks/linkages to use?

12. sangara
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 23:37:34

RicLu98 wrote: are you saying that you're freestyling? cuz if your mind is blank, how do you remember what tricks/linkages to use?
    It's to the point now where I don't think about my spinning, things just happen. I just go with what feels right. So yes, freestyling.

13. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 05:24:39

if you think of finishing the combo, or go 'yay' mentally after you did something hard, you will nearly inevitably fail that attempt just think of the very next trick you are going to do xD what do i think? half of my 'combos' are highlights/different stuff i want to try out, so i have to remember to use them...the other half of the combo is fs, so i don't think during that, just go with the flow

14. blahblahting
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 06:36:41

just listen to music. your mind follows the music, and before you realize it, you have your combo down.

15. Gr3gY
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 07:49:32

blahblahting wrote: just listen to music. your mind follows the music, and before you realize it, you have your combo down.
    ^ that my mind wanders when listening to music so subconsciously i just get the combo down. so music is good for filming, and basically for plenty of things; cos it affects ur mood and ur thoughts.

16. Sc00t
    Date: Sat, Apr 2 2011 02:33:53

usually i mess up a few seconds after a fairly hard trick [for me] like ringaround or inverse shadow.. in a recent combo i recorded i got so sick of it i practiced the trick right before the ringaround and the trick that comes after it as a 3trick linkage for like an hour, then came back and got the whole combo down on the first try. see the problem was my pinky kept 'shutting down' on me before the pen actually went around the ring finger causing it to stall at about a vertical angle in 34 then come to a rest so my advice is just practice the harder linkages first. ull get bored if you do the easy ones along with the hard ones every time and mess up

17. itzDaKine
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 03:49:13

i dont focus on the combo im doing... instead i stare at the flag under my hand. its i dunno:/

18. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 04:08:27

"fuck! I dropped"..."shit! I dropped again"...."WHY DO I ALWAYS DROP ON THE EASY TRICKS!?!?!"...etc. etc.... until... "I ACTUALLY DID IT! :D"

19. catfish
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 09:26:34

Yessss!!!! Finally did that hard trick, now I just gotta finish it and..... Phdoystsotbonojjefugigfhsyx!!!!! I dropped it.. Imma take a 3 hour break lol

20. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 10:34:16

"I must film this this try. If not, (insert something bad will happen, e.g. i can only get ugly girls.(lololol prince of tennis))"