UPSB v4

Off-topic / SOTW #41 Hippo2626

1. Kari-Chan
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:05:17

This week's SOTW is the awesomely creative @Hippo2626 =DD

Hi I'm Titus Ang Chee Leong From Singapore. I'm Chindian (My dad is Chinese and My mum is Indian) but I can bearly speak Tamil or Mandarin. Some things I love: Comic books, I love the stories in it. Immersing myself in the DC/Marvel/Wildstorm/etc. Universes, studying it in the rich and global mythologies of the comic books, searching for easter eggs, studying it and learning about the cultural implications of the human race. (proof of my geekiness) Modern Physics, My dream one day is to get a doctorate in one of the fields, Either Theoretical physics or Astrophysics. Most of the things I read about it always lingers in my head. It's fascinating to study into the inner mechanisms of the galaxy, quarks and all that stuff. (proof of my nerdiness) Animals, I have too many at home, Chickens, Dogs (RIP Morpheus my first dog who died recently), Fishes, Parrots and the list goes on. We had a pet snake and bat once. They always brighten my day when I come home after a tiring day and my dogs greet me and my fishes stare me blankly. Eating, I'm fat and I like it that way! Food Is awesome! And I saved the best for last, Jesus!!! I'm a Christian and I'm proud to be one! I thank God for saving my soul and now everyday I dwell in the presence of God serving him and enjoying my life! Though I do pray that everyone here will be saved, I won't force Christianity in your faces because I don't believe in that form of evangelism. Some Info about my spinning career. I started Spinning in June 2008 but I wasn't really Serious back then. It took me 1.5 years to learn the fundamentals, Infinity, Shadow, Tw. Sonic and a couple of other beginners tricks (proof that I suck at Pen Spinning.) I got serious in January 2010 so I'm still relatively new. I really enjoy the creative side of pen spinning, BaiMai, Freeman, Fel2fram, Gisele8, Jamie Enns, Kirbo, Mage In Black, Ponkotu, Snow, Stuhl and Wah are my favourite spinners because of their creativity (Hope one day I'll be as creative as they are) but my original inspiration to actually pick up Pen Spinning was Sazien in his WC08 combos. I want to be able to contribute to Pen Spinning in a big way some day and be as helpful as I can here on UPSB as possible. I'm hoping to represent UPSB next year in the WC12 but I have a lot of work to do. Any questions about anything feel free to ask me here or anytime! I'll try my best to answer them. God bless.

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:37:37

Uh oh I remember giving the first few SOTW's millions of random questions. Here's my punishment for it..

3. ZBlitz
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:50:24

Do you like hippo? Main inspiration in life? Favourite tricks? Favourite Food? Do you want to be my friend? :]

4. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:54:09

Fav food? Fav type of song? Sweets/candies? NIV or King James(new/old)? Fav animal? Least fav animal? Fast foods? Fav fast foods? Ever fallen down the stairs? Ever tripped on yourself? Ever tripped on a stone? Ever tripped on the banana's skin/peel? Why no facebook?

5. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:54:43

Do you like hippo? EDIT: (I read the Question wrong) Of course!! Main inspiration in life? God Favourite tricks? Any Topsin Tricks (Especially Sidespins) and Swivels Favourite Food? Can't decide and name them all, there's too many Do you want to be my friend? :] Sure!!

6. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:59:27

Fav food? Anwsered already, "Can't decide and name them all, there's too many" Fav type of song? CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) Sweets/candies? Sweets NIV or King James(new/old)? KJV!!!!!!! Fav animal? Unicorn?? I mean Matamata Least fav animal? Don't have one Fast foods? AWESOME!! Fav fast foods? Right now Long John Silver Ever fallen down the stairs? Probably, I'm so clumsy I probably did it 4 times but forgot. Ever tripped on yourself? On a bimonthly basis Ever tripped on a stone? On occasion Ever tripped on the banana's skin/peel? Once Why no facebook? Never liked social networking sites.

7. Kari-Chan
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 13:09:06

What's your aspiration? What does aspiration mean? XD Did you know that when i first saw you, my first impression was "Wah so big! O.O"? What brought you into pen spinning?

8. Holypie
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 13:23:53

The following questions are yes or no. Do you like cheese? Cake? Oranges? Cookies? Fruit in general? The following questions should be responded to in full sentences. What is your favourite book and why? Explain in detail how you discovered UPSB. Explain in detail how you discovered pen spinning.

9. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 14:37:26

Do you think listening to rock is offending god? Why are you so friendly? Haha really weird questions :)

10. akitaka
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 14:49:52

When do you think that shoeman is going to start asking you millions of questions?

11. Quai
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 15:17:41

Why choose the name "hippo"? Fave mod? Fave Car? Pie or cake? :D

12. nateiskewl
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 16:47:14

Why do you love God so much?

13. Kastup
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 16:51:57

If you could ask 'god' one question what would it be? If you were a transformer what car would you transform into >o@Hippo2626

14. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 17:01:21

Why 2626? Sweet or sour or sweet and sour? Tea or coffee? Bubble tea? How are your grades in school? Why do you always seem to wear the same shirt(God's squad) everytime you record a combo? Earphones or headphones? Play any instruments? Why or why not? Least favourite instrument? What do you usually do on the computer? Do you do tea-time meals? What games do you play? Do you tend to forget some of your linkages from learning so many of them? Opinions on SOTW? Opinions on the Spammer's bin? Opinions on the chatbox? How does it feel like getting spammed with questions? Are you afraid of being SOTW now, or soon will be? Opinions on the Singaporean NS? Do you have a crush on someone? Do you want more questions? What type of sweets do you like? Favourite sweet? Are you afraid of swallowing pills? Any phobias? Allergic to? Who will you pick for the next SOTW? Do you look forward to the next gathering? What color schemes do you like? Favourite mod? Do you prefer mods which are white-barreled over others?

15. Riley
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 17:08:48

Are there any animals that you like better than hippos? What's your favorite mod? What's your favorite spinner?

16. sangara
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 18:45:09

How long do you practice your spinning a day?

17. Mage In Black
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 19:16:33

Do you scrunch or fold? Is it wrong to piss in the showers? Imagine you're in a box. It's made of the thickest and strongest material known to mankind and the walls span about a mile all around. You're stuck and you have nothing with you. You're completely naked and have no tools. How do you get out?

18. Raos
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 20:04:28

how do you get picked for SOTW?

19. browndog12
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 20:59:40

will you pick me for the next SOTW? please? how many times have you fallen down the well? chocolate or vanilla? haters or trolls?

20. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 21:52:57

you do realize that you are one of the nicest person on upsb? what is your deepest fear?

21. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 01:35:01

What's your aspiration? At this moment, to answer all these questions. Vocationally, To follow God's commands 'til the end of my days. What does aspiration mean? XD http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aspiration strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition: intellectual aspirations. 2. a goal or objective desired: The presidency is the traditional aspiration of young American boys. 3. act of aspirating; breath. 4. Phonetics . a. articulation accompanied by an audible puff of breath, as in the h -sound of how, or of when (hwen), or in the release of initial stops, as in the k -sound of key. b. the use of an aspirate in pronunciation. 5. Medicine/Medical . a. the act of removing a fluid, as pus or serum, from a cavity of the body, by a hollow needle or trocar connected with a suction syringe. b. the act of inhaling fluid or a foreign body into the bronchi and lungs, often after vomiting. Did you know that when i first saw you, my first impression was "Wah so big! O.O"? No I did not know that. hehe. I get that a lot. What brought you into pen spinning? I got jealous that my brother could do the Thumbaround after he asked my mum how to do it and all could do was the charge rev. so I decided to Google it then I got hooked. The rest is in the Bio I gave above. @TheAafg

22. TheAafg
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 01:44:18

Did you always believe in God? Did you ever doubt God? Have you committed any sins? :O How do you think a person should spend his life?

23. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 01:58:32

How do you know that God is doing all these great things for you?

24. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:28:06

Did you always believe in God? I was a big agnostic believer growing up in a Christian family in the past. I went to church just to please my parents but I had an experience with him during my op in June 2009, It really changed my life. In short yes I alway have believed in God but I was never always a Christian. Did you ever doubt God? I used to. Not anymore. Have you committed any sins? Of course I did. before I was a Christian. I did it a fair amount of times when I was a Christian. I can't say that I wont ever or I don't anymore 'cause sometimes I'm not sure but I love God enough to try not to How do you think a person should spend his life? I think they should spend their lives honouring God and following his word but everyone has free will. @nateiskewl

25. hoiboy
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:31:42

What's your opinion of the Westboro Baptist Church?

26. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:36:36

What's your opinion of the Westboro Baptist Church? I don' really read the newspaper or so I dunno' what happened there. hehe. @hoiboy

27. Raos
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:38:01

so thats how people get picked I didnt know that, but I will never get picked D: Thoughts on Kari-Chan? Thoughs on how DrGrip writes?

28. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:45:43

so thats how people get picked I didnt know that, but I will never get picked D: Maybe I'll pick you next! Thoughts on Kari-Chan? Very Friendly, Very Pro at PSing Thoughs on how DrGrip writes? I honestly never used it to right at all. @DrakeOhMeteor007

29. hoiboy
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:52:20

Can you speak cantonese?

30. Jazz
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 02:55:36

Do you think I'm annoying by asking you alot of repeative Vegas pro questions ? >~

31. akitaka
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 03:30:08

Why did the chicken cross the road? How did you sleep last night? Is your mattress comfortable? What size shoe are you? This or that? herp or derp? If you could change one thing, what would it be? favorite fruit? favorite vegetable? favorite song? are you wearing socks at the moment? How do you feel about people asking you random questions? Were you expecting to be named SOTW? Om or nom? Are you a cat person or a dog person? Is anything possible at zombo.com? To be or not to be? Am I becoming Shoeman6? Has it taken you to answer all of my pointless questions?

32. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 03:49:49

favorite book series? favorite pen trick? favorite fast food restaurant? favorite food? rice or noodle? favorite anime? favorite dramas? favorite tv series? favorite movie ? what genres of music do u like? whos ur favorite top 10 artists? favorite top 10 songs?

33. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 03:51:23

did u seriously cry when vic waved his hand???

34. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 04:50:04

Can you speak cantonese? I can't even speak Mandarin, my second language @thebloodgod

35. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 05:08:22

Why you look so young?:yo: What do you eat to look like that? :teach: Why are you so cool? :? Why you like eating my animals all the time? :(. :sniper: Where would you like to go in the future? Like the country of your dream :rolleyes: What's your favorite trick? What's your favorite linkage? What's your hardest linkage, or mini-combo? :spin: Who's your favorite spinner? if no one asked yet, idk :unsure: Do you think Power tricks are over-rated? :sleep:

36. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 05:19:59

Why you look so young?:yo: I do? I think it's because my computer's webcam sucks. Maybe that's why I look young on Tinychat What do you eat to look like that? :teach: Food Why are you so cool? :? I'm not It's either too hot or humid in Singapore and the air-conditioner in my house isn't used much. Why you like eating my animals all the time? :(. :sniper: I don't eat your animals. I eat food from the market. Where would you like to go in the future? Like the country of your dream :rolleyes: A lot of places. I would like to go to New Zealand and the Victoria fall to name a few. What's your favorite trick? Answered Already Any Topsin Tricks (Especially Sidespins) and Swivels What's your favorite linkage? Way to many to name them. What's your hardest linkage, or mini-combo? :spin: I dunno'. I did a Wiper Mouth -> Neckaround mouth-mouth before. Who's your favorite spinner? if no one asked yet, idk :unsure: Answered already BaiMai, Freeman, Fel2fram, Gisele8, Jamie Enns, Kirbo, Mage In Black, Ponkotu, Snow, Stuhl, Wah Do you think Power tricks are over-rated? :sleep: In some ways yes and no. It is a very difficult and appealing set of tricks which justifies why spinners like to practice it too much. I don't like that it's the only thing spinners want to learn. @Escorpio123

37. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 07:47:51

Escorpio123 wrote: Why you look so young?:yo: What do you eat to look like that? :teach: Why are you so cool? :? Why you like eating my animals all the time? :(. :sniper: Where would you like to go in the future? Like the country of your dream :rolleyes: What's your favorite trick? What's your favorite linkage? What's your hardest linkage, or mini-combo? :spin: Who's your favorite spinner? if no one asked yet, idk :unsure: Do you think Power tricks are over-rated? :sleep:
    :xd: favorite curry dish?

38. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Mar 28 2011 16:40:56

What would you do if: You only have a few dollars with you which you need to use to get home, and then a beggar suddenly comes up to you and persistently begs you for money? You were given a pile of homework which you can not even solve half of it, and have many friends online who are busy? Someone tripped you? Someone punched you in the face for absolutely no reason? You were given a bodyshop voucher worth S$150? Saw a bloody hand coming out from your room door? There was nobody in your house, as if everyone just vanished? --------------- What/which would you pick: Creativity or originality? Single sided or double sided? RT or MP? 0.38, 0.5, 0.7 or 1.0 for ink size? Least favourite color scheme? Lime green or skyblue mod? ONE mod in the world which you can get(can be anyone's). Bubble tea or milkshake? Soursop or mango juice? Honeydew or honeymelon or rockmelon? Honeymelon or watermelon? Signo grip or HGG grip? Grip cut or tape cut? Japan or South Korea? ----------------------------- Favourite soft drink? How the hell did you Wiper Mouth -> Neckaround mouth-mouth? Are you lifeless in pen spinning? Have you ever not touched a mod, or spin anything for a whole day? Have you ever stayed awake for more than 24 hours? Have you ever stayed awake for more than 36 hours? Do you take afternoon naps? Do you wake up tired and sometimes get sleepy in school? Do you get sick often, or very seldom? Ever watched Phua Chu Kang? Thoughts on korean pop songs nowadays? ----------------------------- If God is all-powerful, can He create something which He CANNOT control?

39. blahblahting
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 01:16:36

Imagine you're in a box. It's made of the thickest and strongest material known to mankind and the walls span about a mile all around. You're stuck and you have nothing with you. You're completely naked and have no tools. How do you get out?
    Perhaps stop imagining? :P

40. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 01:25:01

favorite curry dish? Chicken Curry that my mum makes so well! @Alvaris

41. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 01:25:51

Perhaps stop imagining? :P HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

42. Riley
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 02:03:43

Will you make a tutorial on the new powertricks?

43. nateiskewl
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 02:22:06

Hippo2626 wrote: It's this unexplainable feeling in my heart that all my fellow believers feel too. There comes a point where so many prayers are answered that it can't all be coincdences It's not only for me but through me and around me too. I have seen crippled being able to walk again, things happening around me that no man can accomplish in their own strength.
    So your feelings are enough for you to believe in a deity? That's very surprising, considering feelings certainly not enough to prove something in physics.

44. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 01:30:12

Will you make a tutorial on the new powertricks? Probably not. I don't think they are new though. If a lot of people really want it, I'll make one. If you wanna' learn them you can always PM me or something. @nateiskewl

45. sangara
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 02:01:00

Why do you wear the same shirt in every video?

46. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 02:26:10

Why do you wear the same shirt in every video? I need to wear a black shirt so the colour from my shirt doesn't clash with the mod and I like that shirt.

47. sangara
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 02:42:29

Huh never thought of that. What would your dream mod look, feel, smell like?

48. iBlameLag
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 03:09:38

Can you teach me how to do Tape cuts? =O What are your opinions on other religious people? Do you go to church? Do you enjoy getting spammed with questions? Spicy or mild curry? Is the following foods good: Hot curry with steaming rice? Fresh watermelon, juicy and ripe? Frosty triple-scoop vanilla ice-cream on a hot day? Hot KFC, right out of the oven? Do you watch EpicMealTime?! XD Do you think the godly Baaron will ever release his godly mod? Have you played Powdergame? -Spartan

49. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 03:09:56

Huh never thought of that. What would your dream mod look, feel, smell like? Would be Skyblue completely, No pointy tips Gspec grips at the very ends of the mod about 1.5-2cm long. Body would be slightly grippy like flexgrip ultra. As think as a Supertip. The entire mod would be straight (no bumps/grip sticking out throughout). 21-21.5cm long and weighs about the same weight as a waterfall mod and the weight distribution would be about the same as well. It would look like a wand with nothing popping out. It would smell like famous amos cookies! @Spartan

50. iBlameLag
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 03:14:52

Did my food questions make you hungry? =P

51. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 03:25:37

Did my food questions make you hungry? =P Not really. I'm already hungry. It's gonna' be lunch time and I didn't eat Breakfast.

52. Gr3gY
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 03:57:19

A, B,C or D? love/hate me? D: happiest moment in life? saddest moment in life? i think ur quite cute marina bay or marina square? ;D hang on while i think of some more

53. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 04:12:29

A, B,C or D? C. Hahahaha love/hate me? D: Love happiest moment in life? Seeing your fac...... I mean Salvation and feeling God's love for the first time. saddest moment in life? Seeing your fac.... My dog dying. i think ur quite cute I know! marina bay or marina square? ;D I think we are at Marina Bay \. Must ask SPRiNG. hang on while i think of some more Okay

54. Gr3gY
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 04:20:20

will u learn yoyoing one day? chickkingfriedchicken can i buy ur God's Squad tshirt? any love interest? have u eaten errrrrrr ahhhh height? any siblings? goal in life? goal in psing? lets spam this thread tgt yeah

55. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 04:37:06

will u learn yoyoing one day? Probably not Penspinning is too much fun for me. chickkingfriedchicken We should have eaten there can i buy ur God's Squad tshirt? It'll be a dress for you. any love interest? God. have u eaten Soon errrrrrr URGH ahhhh PATRICK!!! height? 171 cm I think any siblings? 1 bro and Sis goal in life? Some of them are in my bio. Also to serve God 'til the end of my days. goal in psing? Represent UPSB in the WC next year. lets spam this thread tgt yeah Sure. BRING IT ON!!

56. Gr3gY
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 04:53:13

i realised i could have just smsed u all the qns, thats more fun right? :D do u think the world is gonna end in 2012? fav sg newfag? YAY PATRICK!!!!!! fav patrick star quote? jeez this is harder than studying for os how much for the God's Squad dress?

57. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 04:58:42

i realised i could have just smsed u all the qns, thats more fun right? Why bother. THe internet is the way to go do u think the world is gonna end in 2012? I dunno. I'm just gonna' wait fav sg newfag? Me. YAY PATRICK!!!!!! YAY indeed fav patrick star quote? I'm squidward, I'm squidward, I'm squidward squidward squidward jeez this is harder than studying for os Haha you weak. how much for the God's Squad dress? You're laptop

58. nateiskewl
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 23:09:27

Hippo2626;79526] Let's put it this way. The standing believe throughout history is that there has been a deity. Plus the minority of people believe that there is no God so it is up to the Atheist to show evidence that God does not exist.[/QUOTE] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot [QUOTE=Hippo2626;79526]Also from what I've studied in morden physics and biology, though there is no proof that there is a God through equations or photographs or whatever, it looks very impossible that systems, how the universe works, lifeforms and everything else to be formed by chance.[/QUOTE] You don't have a broad enough understanding of science to be able to comprehend how the universe works. [QUOTE=Hippo2626 wrote: Plus the odds of atoms coming together to form complex cell structure is 1/10^10000000000++(not sure how many zeros).
    You just pulled that one out of your ass, didn't you? Learn about abiogenesis.

59. sangara
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 03:11:23

Nate you do realize that arguing with someone of faith is pointless right? Anyway, what do you think of this mini combo?

60. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 03:13:11

sangara wrote: Nate you do realize that arguing with someone of faith is pointless right?
    It's keeping me entertained.

61. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 04:18:33

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot You don't have a broad enough understanding of science to be able to comprehend how the universe works. You just pulled that one out of your ass, didn't you? Learn about abiogenesis. Obviously you have studied more into this than I have so I won't bother carrying on arguing 'cause it'll just carry on. (Yup I just used the cheap escape) Nate you do realize that arguing with someone of faith is pointless right? Anyway, what do you think of this mini combo? [video=youtube;_sr1K1o8oO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sr1K1o8oO0&feature=player_embedded[/video] I always like your style so that mini combo does look good. Though nothing new but I think it would be a highlight of ones combo if they use it. @nateiskewl

62. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 08:35:16

No one has a broad enough understanding of science to be able to comprehend how the universe works =__=" Who do you think will win WT11? Which board do you think will win WC12? What do you think of JEB and thai-style fanboys? Where do you get new linkage ideas from? What would you do if you were attacked by a gigantic swarm of flying hamsters? What do you think of 2012 apocalyse theories/rumours?

63. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Apr 1 2011 00:44:25

No one has a broad enough understanding of science to be able to comprehend how the universe works =__=" True Who do you think will win WT11? I dunno'. I have had a feeling since before the WT started that someone unexpected was going to win. So I;m gonna' say Snow or Sponge Which board do you think will win WC12? I'm rooting for UPSB!!!! What do you think of JEB and thai-style fanboys? Whatever floats your boat Where do you get new linkage ideas from? I'm not sure a lot of things I guess. One way is questioning whether something can be done in another manner. For instance taking the sick seabass, I see if I can do it inversely, if it can be done in as an inverse fall, if it can be done aerially, etc. What would you do if you were attacked by a gigantic swarm of flying hamsters? Summon my horde of floating hippopotamus' to fight back. What do you think of 2012 apocalyse theories/rumours? -Nil- @i.suk

64. Mage In Black
    Date: Sun, Apr 3 2011 21:50:09

I posted in the wrong thread, but... to be on topic. Do you believe that monotheistic religions believe in the same God but only under a different name?

65. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Apr 3 2011 23:47:08

No