UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Yoyo

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 23:47:52

[video=youtube;knYCilujrFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYCilujrFM[/video] [video=youtube;UkWAewwqp3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWAewwqp3M[/video] ^this one is pretty amazing. [B] Check Yoyonation + Forum for any yoyo needs.[/B] Other sites: Yoyoexpert One Drop Yoyoz -------------------------------------- (a below average yoyo collection) I just re-created the same thread as a continuation form UPSBv3. I love yoyoing, even though I learned ps beforehand. A lot of yoyo-ers tried to ps too, but ps proved more difficult. ShadrCom3t Preferences: style- 1a, 4a daily carry- Dietz top throws- Septopus, DNA, Mess string- regular poly, Chaos favorite tricks- seasick, revolutions, whips There are 5 divisions [B]1a- land the yoyo on the string, 1 yoyo[/B]< most common 2a- the average yoyo aka looping, 2 yoyos 3a- land the yoyo on the string, 2 yoyos 4a- yoyo comes off string, 1 yoyo 5a- yoyo string is attached to a ball/Counter Weight instead of your hand, 1 yoyo tip: ALWAYS START WITH RESPONSIVE YOYOS. Don't start [B]unresponsive[/B]. If you don't know what that is and you're just beginning, don't worry about it. When picking a yoyo: They go from 56g to about 80g, 63-70g being the normal/industrial standard. Diameter wise, on average they go from 50mm (smaller hands/undersized) to 56mm (full size). Width (how wide the yoyo is) and gap size depends on which division you like. Some play at different speeds and keep momentum differently. Check reviews if you're not so sure about what yoyo to buy. When you're ready, meaning you know trapeze and split the atom, you can go unresponsive. For unresponsive, I'd say go with plastic before you try metal yoyos. Make sure you know how to bind, etc. (unless you do 2a.) Yoyo's are EXPENSIVE. the most expensive pen mods go for $20- $50, but good yoyo's go from $10-150, $120 being the "normal standard" (i.e. 888's back in the day...) [B]Recently, good yoyo's have been around $60-90 USD, [/B]which is great. ^great first unresponsive yoyo, great plastic Visit the YYN, YYE, or OD forums if you have any questions.

2. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 19:01:09

bump anyone? if not, then WOW many ppl dropped yoyo-ing since I was here. (no negative responses, unless my effort is quite useless)

3. davidguy
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 05:14:58

ew $120 for a "standard" yoyo? not worth it imo =/

4. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 08:40:19

davidguy wrote: ew $120 for a "standard" yoyo? not worth it imo =/
    lol that's a normal response, but it IS worth it when you get into yoyoing. They'll blow your mind! and "standard" is like competition/pro/connoisseur standard. normal ppl (you and others) standard is... $15-45 Plus the machining, materials, design, and engineering cost A LOT for one yoyo design. I don't want to make a speech here, but it's a lot to work with... It's like how "normal" ppl are like "A KT? wow, seriously? $20 for a penspinning pen that doesn't write? that's dumb..." same thing here (almost,) trust me lol

5. sarugio
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 08:50:59

haha long time not yoyoing. mine is like 30$ but it's really good haha no seriously i'm not bad at yoyoing with that 30$ yoyo. my advice buy chinese yoyo,they'r cheap and good. i start yoyoing when im ehmm 9 year old haha

6. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 09:02:47

they're alot of good ones like that, the legacy is 22, plastic the protostar is 35, plastic the recrev I is 50, metal. I'm not saying they're bad if they don't cost 120, but you can't say an 888 doesn't feel better than plastics. but well playing yoyos do exist that do not cost a lot. the protostar is probably the best one.

7. Gizmoe
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 21:01:03

Hey Shad, you already know I yoyo. Albeight, I'm bad. I can just barely do suicides, and struggle with whips. I can bind well now though! :D. Can i ask somthing? Okay. I'm using a Duncan Metal Zero. 100% Poly hand weaved string. 2 Extra wide seats. 2 breakpads, worn down to shit. Alright. When i try non-responsive play, I take out one of my breakpads. But the problem is, when i do that, The stupid thing doesnt go down. It catches a blank, and just spins the bearing, but not the Yoyo. You have to wrap the string SUPER tight around the Yoyo to get it to spin right, and then when you bind, it's not tight enough around the yoyo, so you can't rethrow it! You end up looking like a tard, getting one throwdown, and then having to rewind the thing. I need advice. Is it the Yoyo? The breakpads (Friction stickers)? The string? I dont know what to think. Please help. Thanks in advance Shad.

8. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 04:32:25

Gizmoe wrote: Hey Shad, you already know I yoyo. Okay. I'm using a Duncan Metal Zero. 100% Poly hand weaved string. 2 Extra wide seats. 2 breakpads, worn down to shit. Alright. When i try non-responsive play, I take out one of my breakpads. But the problem is, when i do that, The stupid thing doesnt go down. It catches a blank, and just spins the bearing, but not the Yoyo. You have to wrap the string SUPER tight around the Yoyo to get it to spin right, and then when you bind, it's not tight enough around the yoyo, so you can't rethrow it! You end up looking like a tard, getting one throwdown, and then having to rewind the thing. I need advice. Please help. Thanks in advance Shad.
    imo, after you "out grow" the metal zero, get a new yo to make it easier. Does the yoyo snag in suicides and whips? plastic whips shouldn't be a problem when you practice, and suicides DEPEND on string tension. you should be fine in no time. for yoyo repair... hmmm What's the bearing size? do you know? It might not matter, just curious. NVM, it's a DUNCAN SIZED BEARING, or A size.... (I'm so retarded -.-) The stickers/pads suck though, and you definitely need TWO to make it come back up. Try wearing down the pads to make it less responsive. You could use half or all silicone response if the yoyo has a flow grove or something. If that doesn't work, best thing is to buy some ghost/kentaro pads and cut them if you have to, because I don't think the metal zero can take flowable. i.e. my yoyo uses flowable silicone not a good example, but the yoyo has to have a HUGE "recess" (where the silicone is/pads are located) and/or flow groove (a groove to hold the silicone in/prevent it from ripping out) That's almost all I know. edit- so the stickers are always extremely responsive out of the box/replaced, and they wear down quickly.... as I thought. so either get new kinds of response pads, or idk... imo, I'd think you'd like the protostar A LOT MORE since you're already at suicides and whips. Since you can bind, I'd say make the promotion =P if this doesn't help, check out yoyonation xD http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php edit- and get pads here (or in the next site) http://www.yoyonation.com/home.php?cat=257 and protostar here http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/122/YYF-Protostar

9. Catch
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 06:29:09

i dont like to yoyo because its to expensive for me to buy one ahaha

10. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 07:57:37

I had this Yo-yo. It was a blue one. They advertised it on TV and I got it at a KB Toys. Pretty good for yo-yoing I think. Then I stopped. I didn't know what else to learn.

11. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 19:11:39

Catch;6136]i dont like to yoyo because its to expensive for me to buy one ahaha[/QUOTE] lol you could probably get a lyn fury or FAST. or do 2a, but you still need 2 yo's for both hands xD [QUOTE=Mike wrote: I had this Yo-yo. It was a blue one. They advertised it on TV and I got it at a KB Toys. Pretty good for yo-yoing I think. Then I stopped. I didn't know what else to learn.
    http://mastermagic.net/Tricks.html http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,670.0.html these might help. :thumb: you probably had an FAST or Freehand, although the freehand is pretty good actually for 5A. (sry if I'm replying to everything, but it makes everyone feel better if you respond to thier statement/question)

12. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 21:58:29

ShadrCom3t wrote: lol you could probably get a lyn fury or FAST. or do 2a, but you still need 2 yo's for both hands xD http://mastermagic.net/Tricks.html http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,670.0.html these might help. :thumb: you probably had an FAST or Freehand, although the freehand is pretty good actually for 5A. (sry if I'm replying to everything, but it makes everyone feel better if you respond to thier statement/question)
    YES. It was a FAST. :D FAST 201 YO-YO'S. THE WORLD'S FIRST ADJUSTABLE YO'YO'S. Ah ha ha

13. Gizmoe
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 20:39:49

WOAH SHIT SHAD. Big post. I'd write one back, but i've no time. I'm at work. ILL TRY TO CONVINCE MY MOM TO LET ME GET A PROSTAR, CAUSE I WANT ONE. Sorrry for the short post yo. BTW, MY COMPUTER BROKE. FML.

14. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:44:13

Gizmoe wrote: WOAH SHIT SHAD. ... ILL TRY TO CONVINCE MY MOM TO LET ME GET A PROSTAR, CAUSE I WANT ONE. Sorry for the short post yo. BTW, MY COMPUTER BROKE. FML.
    lol np [SIZE="4"]Tips for gizmoe-[/SIZE] in spoiler [SPOILER="important tips!!!"] don't rush into it unless you really want to. I mean, if you CAN and that is the ONLY thing you would want. it is a $35 that you'll ALWAYS USE, even pros use it in contests. So...? just get some lube, replacement pads, and maybe an extra bearing on the side. -BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, GET REPLACEMENT PADS lol then check out yoyonation or google for some tips to take care of your yoyo, like string tension (constantly, not with UFO) and bearing cleaning. I put stuff on your FB too to check out (if that's ok xD) and caps lock ftw[/SPOILER] [SIZE="3"](Orange BeadBlasted YoyoFactory DNA)[/SIZE] YES! I literally jizzed in my pants on the first throw. I SHAT BRIX TOO! after so long... finally have one. more of the same yoyo in spoiler [SPOILER="YYF DNA yoyo"] [/SPOILER] [SPOILER="test pic"] Omnicron anyone? [/SPOILER] [SIZE="4"]and this lol[/SIZE] [video=youtube;tzpVfMUPK1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzpVfMUPK1E[/video] comments? I'm just... :pan: atm and also just jogging interest here...

15. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 14 2010 22:28:16

[video=youtube;ieV4nVHFUyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieV4nVHFUyU[/video] Probably one of the best 1a yoyo-ers out there. He's using a Protostar... no matter how good this is as plastic, it takes SKILL to even use plastic at 1a competitions.

16. Paype121
    Date: Sat, Jul 24 2010 00:40:46

davidguy wrote: ew $120 for a "standard" yoyo? not worth it imo =/
    you sound like those non-pen-spinners who say "25$ for a pen that cant even right? not worth it imo =/" but try explaining how it is worth it once they get into psing!

17. Paramours
    Date: Sat, Jul 24 2010 03:22:24

ShadrCom3t wrote: [video=youtube;ieV4nVHFUyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieV4nVHFUyU[/video] Probably one of the best 1a yoyo-ers out there. He's using a Protostar... no matter how good this is as plastic, it takes SKILL to even use plastic at 1a competitions.
    Holy crap :o

18. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 25 2010 06:10:06

Paramours wrote: Holy crap :o
    yeah- He has one of the best 1a styles out there. SO SEXY/LEGIT. So inspiring... THIS IS WHY I YOYO. no but seriously, I hope other ppl felt the same way.

19. Ice Cobra
    Date: Mon, Jul 26 2010 05:27:32

damn after seeing that video, i wanna yoyo now xD

20. ISAQ
    Date: Sat, Jul 31 2010 06:54:19

hey man yo, all i have is a DM by yoyojam, im lookin for a metal yo now cuz my DM dosnt spin long eanough for my combos. U think u can hook me up with a good cheap one? LMK

21. poisoned
    Date: Sun, Aug 1 2010 05:06:37

I have a modded dm (sanded + flowable silicone) and a dingo. I yoyo very casualy, I find it fun thing to do ocasionly but I focus a lot more on ps.

22. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Aug 1 2010 05:11:16

What are the most technical tricks/combos you can do? What tricks do you like the most? well the DM 2 might be good if you like your DM. It can be both responsive and unresponsive. OR you can look at the yoyonation B/S/T (like the trade forum here) for your first cheap metal. cheap... hmmm metal- RecRev "i" plastic yo- "Protostar" I'd go with the Protostar, even though I don't have one. If you saw Jensen Kimmit, he's using a protostar. Plus, its really easy to find/comeby. if you can dole out more, Y-factor- $75 used Pyro ~ $60 used 888~ $75 used fools peak~ $60 (reg peaks go above $100 though) that help? @ poisioned- I'm the opposite lol plus, imo there's more variation in yoyoing- the learning curve is much lower too. plus if you mess up, you can just drop all the strings and redo, fix it mid trick, or just stop :rofl: I love penspinning though, but most people wouldn't "get it" like other things.

23. AWOL42
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 06:00:48

I love yo-yos. I use a Black Mamba Regen 5* or a Hyper Ring from Yotech. However, due to strings not being available near where I live, I have stopped. I rock at it though.

24. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Aug 12 2010 06:00:45

[video=youtube;UkWAewwqp3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWAewwqp3M[/video] YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS. DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF BTW. (I forgot about this xD)

AWOL42 wrote: I love yo-yos. I use a Black Mamba Regen 5* or a Hyper Ring from Yotech. However, due to strings not being available near where I live, I have stopped. I rock at it though.
    =D 5* OMG

25. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Aug 15 2010 18:07:11

[video=youtube;knYCilujrFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYCilujrFM[/video] YEAH THATS MY MAN! He got first this year. btw, if you haven't already, see the last vid I posted. (4a) It's mindblowing and inspirational.

26. NitriX
    Date: Tue, Aug 17 2010 04:56:39

Hey! I'm a yo-yoer xD been yo-yoing for 1 year... same story as you, started after pen spinning and i think i like yo-yoing a bit more than psing ( but thats just me xD lolx) currently throwing a newbreed!!!! i love the new breed amazing yo-yo!!! out plays most metals I've played with and only around $60 that is with everything upgraded (bearings, shims, response) i usually hang around yoyoexpert Idk why but i feel that pen spinning really helped me learn yo-yoing hope to see more pen spinning yo-yoers 0.o

27. NitriX
    Date: Tue, Aug 17 2010 04:59:25

ShadrCom3t wrote: [video=youtube;knYCilujrFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYCilujrFM[/video] YEAH THATS MY MAN! He got first this year. btw, if you haven't already, see the last vid I posted. (4a) It's mindblowing and inspirational.
    Jensen!!! amazing guy!!! Death to metal!!!! you don't need a $100 + yo-yo to win the world yo-yo contest!!!

28. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Aug 17 2010 05:48:39

yep, that's why I tell everyone to get a Protostar. (his previous plastic) NOW in this video, he's using a Northstar, but idk how that is. They say it plays like a Genesis, just plastic. personally, I've been yoyoing for less than 6 months, discontinuous =/ throws- DNA, "i," Omnicron, Atmosphere, and Proyo's soon to get a Y-factor and Protostar. =P (I don't think I said THIS already)

29. Mike
    Date: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:12:35

Man, these people are crazy

30. FuNo
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:17:46

Im yoyoing too :) i have a : Yyj Lyn Fury Yyj Hitman Yyf Protostar Alot people say that protostar is better than othe bi-metals , plastics but i like hitman better , by the way i started to yoyo 5 months ago , so i am just at expert tricks section.

31. walrus
    Date: Sun, Aug 29 2010 14:42:00

im so going to learn yo yo. It looks so awesome =D

32. Riley
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 19:14:34

I tried, and got it tangled every time haha. It was not my thing.

33. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Sep 7 2010 04:42:33

[video=youtube;hSsq3qSav3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSsq3qSav3s[/video] This is Tyler Severance- one of the most well known players out there. This is 5a, one of the fastest growing yoyo divisions. This is pure awesomeness, no doubt.

34. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Sep 9 2010 03:03:32

Spinning has a better effect in my opinion. I know this is hard, but it doesn't look that cool in my opinion.

35. devaa
    Date: Thu, Sep 9 2010 15:32:16

oh man that guy looks like a gay man :V ps: also a geek lol

36. walrus
    Date: Thu, Sep 9 2010 21:37:52

what yo yo does he use? it has a ball @ the end the non-yoyo side... :hmm: :? :s

37. Bernardo
    Date: Thu, Sep 9 2010 22:23:21

it's a 5a yoyo, so there is a counter weight instead of a loop where you put your finger in >.>

38. Mike
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 00:57:39

Wait, why do you need a weight for your finger?

39. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 07:47:19

Kirby;20869]Spinning has a better effect in my opinion. I know this is hard, but it doesn't look that cool in my opinion.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"]so you're saying that this doesn't look cool, at all?[/SIZE] [video=youtube;knYCilujrFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYCilujrFM[/video] well, it might not cause you don't understand it. It's a yoyo-ing thing. Some of it's too complicated to "enjoy" unless you know what's going on. TRUST ME. Most people wouldn't know the difference between Yuuki Spencer and Mickey, or 4a and 5a. Plus it takes more practice to do psing than yoyoing, so that's why a lot of ppl prefer yoyoing. I was the same way when i started. and[SIZE="3"] you get paid to yoyo (when you're that good^.)[/SIZE] :thumb: [QUOTE=Mike;21694]Wait, why do you need a weight for your finger?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Jan;21011]what yo yo does he use? it has a ball @ the end the non-yoyo side... :hmm: :? :s[/QUOTE] It's a yoyoing thing called 5a (freehand). You have a counter weight (a ball, die, anything) at the end of your string instead of your finger. You don't have to do 5a. You can if you want to learn more diverse tricks. A lot of non-yoyoers tend to ask that question, but there isn't a definate answer. (as Bernardo stated) [QUOTE=devaa wrote: oh man that guy looks like a gay man :V ps: also a geek lol
    why does everyone say this? Cause he has glasses and emo hair? He looked totally different 3 years ago. Otherwise, all his actions besides yoyoing are just part of a stage persona. The song is supposed to go well with the yoyoing too. (If you've heard the real song, it's awesome.) Plus yoyoers change their look every few years or so. So what if he is gay and is a geek irl? He's still way better than you at yoyoing (and he gets paid to do so). /rant lol :walrus:

40. ArmorKingRulez
    Date: Tue, Sep 14 2010 09:16:43

Well i got a a Butterfly Body Yoyo with silicone strings...

41. Stuhl
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:02:14

yoyoing is nice! how long does it take to do "good" tricks? i really think about buying a yoyo xD but, no, don't have time to start a new hobby.... i would have to cancel penspinning... no :P

42. ArmorKingRulez
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 13:13:11

ppl say that yoyoing takes less practise than PS..to me PS is needs less practise and u have the chance to practise all day..which can make u better at it.. For yo-yo..do only decent trick that i can do is the Kwijibo,White Buddha and the Trapeze...

43. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 06:57:23

@Kirby, unless you saw it- yeah see my post about Jensen Kimmitt the page before.

Stuhl;22386]yoyoing is nice! how long does it take to do "good" tricks? i really think about buying a yoyo xD but, no, don't have time to start a new hobby.... i would have to cancel penspinning... no :P[/QUOTE] It depends. For some it takes them 2 months to get to a trapeze since they can't do a good sleeper until 1~2 weeks. Others take less. There's a difference in "getting the trick" and "doing the trick consistently." That's kinda the problem with yoyoing. When you land a trick, that doesn't mean you can do it, i.e. whips especially/usually. [QUOTE=ArmorKingRulez wrote: ppl say that yoyoing takes less practise than PS..to me PS is needs less practise and u have the chance to practise all day..which can make u better at it.. For yo-yo..do only decent trick that i can do is the Kwijibo,White Buddha and the Trapeze...
    not really =/ because in PSing, it's harder to get tricks consistently (perfect) imo. And you should learn front style more, i.e. pop'n'fesh, boing-e-boing. And you mean Buddha's revenge? because White Buddha is impossible if you can only do Kwijibo "decently." (Trapeze doesn't count sadly)

44. ArmorKingRulez
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 08:05:34

Uh..nope,it is White Buddha..and for Off-string tricks.. i can only do Rising Boingy Boingy and Poppin Fresh...

45. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 19:47:15

Yo-yoing has some epic trick names like "rising boingy boingy.

46. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Sep 19 2010 03:35:15

lol troll much? and yoyo-ers usually name things by what they might look like.

47. jellyman
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 21:25:50

I have a dark magic yoyo and I just got a new bearing for it and I can say I am preatty good at it

48. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 22:47:17

jellyman wrote: I have a dark magic yoyo and I just got a new bearing for it and I can say I am preatty good at it
    cool. that's great! just a word of caution, "being good" at something is relative. Nothing really specific. It's better if you specify so we know what's going on. :thumb: (I like keeping the thread alive)

49. ieatyoma
    Date: Thu, Sep 23 2010 02:27:06

my dienasty broke :(

50. Mike
    Date: Thu, Sep 23 2010 04:42:37

Would a FAST 201 be considered a good yo-yo still?

51. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Sep 23 2010 05:16:09

Mike wrote: Would a FAST 201 be considered a good yo-yo still?
    It's a good beginner yoyo, but not something long term. In order to do whips/slacks, suicides, and lacerations, you need an unresponsive yoyo (that needs binding). If you plan on getting one, I could give you some suggestions and remind you about the stuff you need. However, DO NOT get an unresponsive yoyo unless you know how to do a trapeze and reverse trapeze. [video=youtube;3ngSHlz4zy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngSHlz4zy4[/video] see what they can do with it? It's a good yoyo... kinda.

52. Mike
    Date: Thu, Sep 23 2010 15:42:55

ShadrCom3t wrote: It's a good beginner yoyo, but not something long term. In order to do whips/slacks, suicides, and lacerations, you need an unresponsive yoyo (that needs binding). If you plan on getting one, I could give you some suggestions and remind you about the stuff you need. However, DO NOT get an unresponsive yoyo unless you know how to do a trapeze and reverse trapeze. [video=youtube;3ngSHlz4zy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngSHlz4zy4[/video] see what they can do with it? It's a good yoyo... kinda.
    Ha ha well I was just wondering because I think I know where my old one is. From back in the day.

53. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Sep 24 2010 00:29:18

Mike wrote: Ha ha well I was just wondering because I think I know where my old one is. From back in the day.
    np :thumb: sry for my unnecessary elaboration...

54. Mike
    Date: Fri, Sep 24 2010 04:23:23

ShadrCom3t wrote: np :thumb: sry for my unnecessary elaboration...
    Lol, it's all good man I remember when they were advertised as like the "best" yo-yo's out there at the time

55. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 03:42:55

[video=youtube;EkDkLhuItpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDkLhuItpg[/video] jensen way back when...

Mike wrote: Lol, it's all good man I remember when they were advertised as like the "best" yo-yo's out there at the time
    yeah they kinda were... but they still had stuff like the DM and Mini Motu back then. They were the best advertised yoyo though.

56. Mike
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 04:05:37

Well those ads worked! Got me yoyoing for a while ha ha

57. ArmorKingRulez
    Date: Thu, Sep 30 2010 13:50:52

Is Audley IceStorm a good Yoyo?

58. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Oct 4 2010 02:42:54

I'm not sure. It should be fine. Specs?

59. ArmorKingRulez
    Date: Tue, Oct 5 2010 15:44:46

I kinda forgotten..but i know this though..its hard to maintain a trapeze for over 10 seconds on this yoyo..and plus,i could barely do a kwijibo with it.

60. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Oct 5 2010 23:11:05

lol then no... is it responsive? and does it have a bearing? (small, large, etc?) If it is responsive, then you might want to get an unresponsive yoyo if you know trapeze already. It makes it easier, but you kinda need to know how to bind.

61. Mike
    Date: Thu, Oct 7 2010 02:00:49

What's something that you guys look for for a "good" yo-yo?

62. ArmorKingRulez
    Date: Thu, Oct 7 2010 17:40:47

It has a bearing..but i could say its large...but i still dun get what responsive and unresponsive means...

63. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Oct 8 2010 09:08:51

Mike;26901]What's something that you guys look for for a "good" yo-yo?[/QUOTE] way too many things. It's best to look at reviews or a yoyo forum to know. There is no "best yoyo." Since everyone has a different hand, there is no "most comfortable" yoyo either. And to vaguely answer the question, we usually look for metal, large bearing, undersized, unresponsive yoyos- but that's just the majority. [QUOTE=ArmorKingRulez wrote: It has a bearing..but i could say its large...but i still dun get what responsive and unresponsive means...
    Unresponsive- you need to do a trick to make it return to your hand. The trick is called a bind. It does not respond to a tug. (hence unresponsive) They sleep very long, from 1-20 mins- depending on the yoyo and thrower. YOU NEED THIS if you need to learn slacks/suicides/lacerations. Responsive- it comes back to your hand when you tug it. They don't sleep too long unless you mod it/are really good. You can make an unresponsive yoyo responsive by putting lube. It's hard to make a responsive yoyo unresponsive (through modding).

64. NitriX
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 02:36:16

dude... audley is a bootleg company..... you wana support people who do illegal stuff???!?!?

65. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 05:08:44

no Audley isn't entirely a bootleg company. That's a misconception. Yeah, they bootlegged the 888, but they still have great yoyo's like the virus and L3. I mean seriously...

66. NitriX
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 19:27:55

yea i know that but the IceStorm is... its a bootleg saber raider.... look>>> http://yoyowiki.org/wiki/Blazing_Teens_Ice_Storm

67. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Oct 11 2010 13:51:58

oh............ lol oh btw, 888 promo vid = awesome [video=youtube;pp-fnrPOzpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp-fnrPOzpY&feature=related[/video]

68. Kari-Chan
    Date: Wed, Oct 13 2010 10:50:26

O.O judging by the fact that the yoyo actually spins on skin contact... it's gotta spin really fast O.o

69. Ice Cobra
    Date: Tue, Oct 19 2010 19:57:11

hey man! im getting into yoyoing again. looking to either get the yyf velocity or grind machine :] any suggestions on that string type to get?

70. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 01:04:26

Ice Cobra wrote: hey man! im getting into yoyoing again. looking to either get the yyf velocity or grind machine :] any suggestions on that string type to get?
    Velocity sounds good. The current Plastic Grind Machines (v2) aren't that great. IMO, get a Protostar or Legacy. poly 6 or 50-50 (poly lasts longer) imo, get yellow/green. It's really easy to see. But if you like white or any other color, that's fine.

71. Ice Cobra
    Date: Wed, Oct 20 2010 01:37:40

yea man thanks. ando's protostar looks awesome. and i agree with the string colour. especially yellow/green string with a blue yoyo looks cool ;P

72. SheepSter
    Date: Tue, Nov 2 2010 08:59:16

Seems like im picking up more and more manipulative arts and i dont have time to get down with each of em, after seeing this thread i just wanted to grab my duncan again and do some tricks.

73. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 02:50:59

SheepSter wrote: Seems like im picking up more and more manipulative arts and i dont have time to get down with each of em, after seeing this thread i just wanted to grab my duncan again and do some tricks.
    story of my life =.=; qft

74. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 03:13:59

I've never been very interested in yoying, just never "worked" or understood it. Seems a bit to commercialized as well. I'm not sure why but i've enver really been drawn into this type of manipulation.

75. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 03:37:23

It is. There are a whole lot of companies that "advertise" their yoyos. Making yoyos are rather expensive, even just buying the materials (i.e. high grade aluminum). Sponsored players advertise their yoyos. Home businesses/manufacturers have a hard time make yoyos since they don't have any advertising.

76. MaruChan
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 03:36:01

i yoyo too :) i own a yyf 888, yyf pgm and one drop m1 :)

77. ChauTran
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 18:43:46

I've never replied to this topic before even though I've been playing yoyo for quite a year ^^! I own a YYJ Speeder w/ Konkave Ceramic Bearing, a YYJ Speedmaker, a YYF Protostar and a Northstar. I can do a very few amount of tricks

78. Scott Shaputis
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 21:31:32

i have a hitman with a concave bearing and large spacers, don't even use it anymore.

79. poisoned
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 06:23:05

I don't really do too much yoyoing, and my dingo lies around my desk most of the time. I can do the cold fusion and all the tricks up to that, but I never really had it in my to practice above that that, though it is fun to whip it out some time and do a trick or two. Even so, there is something about cnc machined anodized metal that's really appealing haha.

80. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 08:46:52

i have a hyper loop proyo2 which was bought long time ago. kinda quit

81. smudgey
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 04:04:05

I've been yoyoing for like a year and a half but i suck now since I spend my time for pen spinning now hehe :)

82. stork321
    Date: Tue, Dec 21 2010 15:12:25

when i was in my elementary years I love playing yoyo but i cant do complicated tricks and I love to learn this tricks...

83. Soren
    Date: Tue, Dec 28 2010 17:25:49

i remember playing this when i was little, was pretty fun lol

84. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Dec 28 2010 23:13:28

Soren Blade wrote: i remember playing this when i was little, was pretty fun lol
    It's more fun once you can understand how to do complex tricks :banana:

85. time
    Date: Wed, Dec 29 2010 23:08:04

i only have those cheap 10$ ones

86. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 00:55:23

FAST? The $10 ones are actually pretty good. [SIZE="6"]First Post [B]UPDATED[/B][/SIZE] If you've been looking through this thread, then don't worry about it.

87. A.Sate
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 02:12:01

I used to yoyo. I started with a Lyn, then got PGM and M1. I sold the Lyn and PGM (regret it), and bought a "i". It was my main throw, and I mostly did 5A with it. I tried to copy Sterling Quinn lol he is the best 5a thrower. Don't believe in Tyler and Miggy!!!! It's all about the Quinn!!!

88. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jan 9 2011 11:33:31

yeah the "i" is great I got a battosai today- will post pics =P

89. A.Sate
    Date: Sun, Jan 9 2011 20:11:06

So the battosai came out? Havent been keeping up with yoyo news lol. What are its specs? Didnt VsNYYC make multiple versions of it?

90. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Jan 10 2011 04:04:26

65.5g width- 40mm diameter- 51mm gap - 4 c bearing shape wing/h Yep it did- I got a yuuksta, but it was defective (and it took about a month + 1/2 to redo the transaction.) When the battosai came out, I decided that I'd rather try something new.

91. Jatrin
    Date: Tue, Jan 25 2011 23:51:41

I used to love yoyoing super intoit but its a bit expensive

92. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 00:11:59

yoyo is pretty cool. i wanted to try it but the yoyo's were pretty expensive. LOL. what's funny was this kid was trying to show off with his yoyo in front of me at my old school. so i took out my mod, did some 1p2h skills, his friends behind him said "oooooh, u got owned!" LOLOLOLOL

93. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 13:57:36

like what kind of tricks did he do? Rock the baby in the cradle or "landing/popping it on the string" kind of tricks. Most people think Psing is "better" cause it looks/is extremely unnatrual, forreal.

94. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 19:11:18

lol, he did a lame around the world and the grandfather clock. i forgot wut else he did but i clearly remembered that his transitioning sucked.

95. trinh360
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 22:42:03

is there a way to make thin lube with every day things

96. A.Sate
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 02:20:44

I think some people used valve oil for trumpets, but whatever you do, DO NOT USE WD-40!!! That kills your bearings.

97. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 10:39:42

dah someone gave me a rusted bearing and told me that I should use WD-40 (and that it wasn't his fault). THAT'S WHY IT RUSTED =/

98. melvenorc12
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 02:48:24

I don't know if anyone is still thinking yoyos are too expensive, but the guy in the first video on page 1 used a 30 dollar plastic yoyo to win worlds XP.

99. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 00:36:46

yeah, but different yoyos do different things haha It's really hard to do grind combo/tricks with a $30 plastic yoyo plus metal yoyos feel nice xD

100. miko611
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 07:05:08

I love to yoyo, got a couple of them myself.

101. miko611
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 07:05:51

no that was metal

102. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 01:10:55

miko611 wrote: no that was metal
    what was? the northstar? It's plastic. idk which yoyo you were talking about exactly. =/

103. miko611
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 02:17:37

the one in the first video, looked kinda orange

104. NitriX
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 14:18:13

nope plastic ( : with aluminum weights ... so its not ALL plastic i guess http://yoyowiki.org/wiki/YoYoFactory_Northstar

105. A.Sate
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 20:08:19

Best plastics (beside delrin) are protostar and modded FHZ. Idk about newer YYF plastics, they seem too good to be true.

106. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Mar 30 2011 03:42:54

ppl convinced me to yoyo seriously again. =D hmm... a battle I had with my friends on my b'day- for fun. edit- it starts seriously at 17ish [video=youtube;6nxgqdWdex0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nxgqdWdex0&feature=player_embedded [/video]

107. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 16:43:20

[video=youtube;UaVDLy90qVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVDLy90qVQ&feature=player_embedded#at=38[/video] lol "This is how you use dubstep."

108. Sakura
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 16:07:34

Does anyone have a yoyo case? I need one for my yoyo collection, PM me and lets trade ^^v

109. Minlaotion
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:04:38

lol i tried yoyo but failed

110. peninja
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:29:41

what do you guys use?i currenly have an orangeyoyojam kickside and a fast 101 i wanna cold fusion or a yoyojam atmosphere, revolution or hitman

111. Sakura
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 07:14:36

I have One drop m1 x2 , yyf 888 x2, yyf northstar, yyf protostar, yoyoskeel solid, 2 coca cola russel, 1 duncan imperial I like using yoyo's from yoyofactory :)

112. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 09:11:07

peninja wrote: what do you guys use?i currenly have an orangeyoyojam kickside and a fast 101 i wanna cold fusion or a yoyojam atmosphere, revolution or hitman
    The cold fusion is outdated The atmosphere is good, but IMO get the Protostar. It's the best plastic out there. If you want a cheap metal, I'd still say get the Protostar lol.

113. peninja
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 22:04:17

i still love my kickside :) but i tried my freinds cF and i like is the protostar anygood? what is the sleep time

114. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 12:53:17

ridiculous! although it also depends on your throw... And YES it is GREAT. It plays better than some $100 metals.

115. peninja
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 22:33:47

DA KICKSIDE IS AWEEESOME

116. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Jun 3 2011 00:12:42

peninja wrote: DA KICKSIDE IS AWEEESOME
    Nuuuuu I was talking about the PROTOSTAR :facepalm:

117. peninja
    Date: Fri, Jun 3 2011 00:33:27

ohk, but you know the kickside is pretty good for 8 bucks

118. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 15:24:19

peninja wrote: ohk, but you know the kickside is pretty good for 8 bucks
    Yeah it is. Truely. I've played with one for a while, but IMO the Protostar is F---IN' AWESOME for $35.

119. peninja
    Date: Tue, Jun 7 2011 03:43:45

k

120. ChauTran
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 07:08:27

Protostar for plastic and DV888 for metal if somebody wants a good yoyo but not that much money

121. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 15:07:20

ChauTran wrote: Protostar for plastic and DV888 for metal if somebody wants a good yoyo but not that much money
    Althought the DV888 is great, IMO get a Yuuksta at that price. One of the best undersized on the market.

122. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 16:17:34

I yoyo sometimes. I have a northstar and a phenomizm

123. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Jul 7 2011 15:47:13

[video=youtube;TZejPCozZmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZejPCozZmc&feature=channel_video_title[/video] a little something something I put together.

124. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 16:55:09

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/world-yo-yo-contest-stream-2011 World yoyo contest LIVE

125. ricesi
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 17:47:49

yeah yoyoing was much easier than ps to me

126. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 06:42:24

2011 World Champ =D [video=youtube;_P9JfqSKyxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_P9JfqSKyxk[/video]

ricesi wrote: yeah yoyoing was much easier than ps to me
    But it's harder to get somewhere with it.

127. Frip
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 16:01:28

yo where should I buy a beginner yoyo? nothing fancy, just to try it out and learn a couple of tricks.. under $20

128. ricesi
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 00:35:56

tru

129. ricesi
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 00:38:56

Frip wrote: yo where should I buy a beginner yoyo? nothing fancy, just to try it out and learn a couple of tricks.. under $20
    get a duncan butterfly on the internet, usually less than 10 dollars US.

130. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 07:05:09

@Frip Get a yoyofactory One or Whip. The One is for beginners. The Whip is if you're serious (because you need to know how to bind.) They're both $10 Here- http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/manufacturer/3/YoYoFactory You could also buy a Freehand, by duncan, at your local Toy's R Us for $15.

ricesi wrote: get a duncan butterfly on the internet, usually less than 10 dollars US.
    ^lol DUDE THAT'S SUCH AN AWEFUL YOYO. Wow I'm sorry, but did you seriously just say that? It's not even worthy of using as a paperweight....

131. WhiteZlo
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 07:33:13

i like my yyf DV888 and yyf supernova)

132. Frip
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 16:55:29

ShadrCom3t wrote: @Frip Get a yoyofactory One or Whip. The One is for beginners. The Whip is if you're serious (because you need to know how to bind.) They're both $10 Here- http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/manufacturer/3/YoYoFactory You could also buy a Freehand, by duncan, at your local Toy's R Us for $15.
    kk i just ordered a whip. We'll see how it goes :D thanks a lot

133. ricesi
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 17:48:02

well...good for a beginner, and its cheap (for good reason)

134. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 18:18:14

You'll need to know how to bind with the Whip. [video=youtube;0hA6flGKqbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hA6flGKqbY[/video]

ricesi wrote: well...good for a beginner, and its cheap (for good reason)
    lol I guess, but only if you find one in the dollar store...

135. Frip
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 18:24:52

well yea i tried it a little at the gpc meeting :woop:

136. Frip
    Date: Fri, Aug 12 2011 20:44:38

hm got my yoyo today. I can sorta bind.. had a couple of good ones, but most of the times I only bind half the string >_<

137. exclusive
    Date: Fri, Aug 12 2011 20:59:13

Frip wrote: hm got my yoyo today. I can sorta bind.. had a couple of good ones, but most of the times I only bind half the string >_<
    does it scratch when u do walk the dog or scatch resistant

138. Frip
    Date: Fri, Aug 12 2011 22:35:41

exclusive wrote: does it scratch when u do walk the dog or scatch resistant
    uh it's plastic and seems pretty solid.. or are you asking if it's responsive or not o_O Mine is unresponsive

139. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Aug 13 2011 01:11:06

@Frip Binds take a while to learn =/ TRUST ME

exclusive wrote: does it scratch when u do walk the dog or scatch resistant
    No matter what an object is made of, if you throw it at concrete, IT WILL GET SCRATCHES. PERIOD. Nothing is scratch resistant. Now that said, you can do walk the dog with plastic yoyos, as long as it is not on concrete. Celon is usually durable, so I think the Whip is fine for walk the dog. IMO grinds are more impressive... but walk the dog is a "floor grind" xD

140. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Aug 13 2011 01:25:25

ShadrCom3t wrote: @Frip Binds take a while to learn =/ TRUST ME No matter what an object is made of, if you throw it at concrete, IT WILL GET SCRATCHES. PERIOD. Nothing is scratch resistant. Now that said, you can do walk the dog with plastic yoyos, as long as it is not on concrete. Celon is usually durable, so I think the Whip is fine for walk the dog. IMO grinds are more impressive... but walk the dog is a "floor grind" xD
    do you have a youtube? i need some inspiration before i buy one lol

141. Frip
    Date: Sat, Aug 13 2011 02:24:04

lol is walk the dog even important? i dont plan on grinding the concrete with my yoyo lmao I cant throw it sideways at all. so whenever I try a trapeze i turn 90 degrees, throw it and turn back lmao but yea any tips when it's only binding about half the string?

142. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Aug 13 2011 02:59:12

@Frip make the loop bigger make sure your binding in the correct direction. If you throw forwards, you bind the same way in that video I posted. If you do a breakaway (sideways/trapeze,) you need to bind in the opposite direction lol.

exclusive wrote: do you have a youtube? i need some inspiration before i buy one lol
    yeah but one- I suck. A lot. Two- this yoyo (below) is "worse" than the Whip, and look at what they can do with it. (note, the One is responsive, the Whip is unresponsive. They both play differently, but I don't have either yet. BUT they're the best beginner yoyos out there.) [video=youtube;6C2R3lafIDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2R3lafIDA[/video]

143. Frip
    Date: Sun, Aug 14 2011 04:27:51

kkkk I can bind a fast spinning yoyo now :D also picked up rock the baby and the brain twister. altho sometimes the yoyo still binds towards my other hand after a brain twister lmao

144. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 07:15:10

If any of you live on the US East Coast, then you might be able to catch up with Yoyofactory in the Birdhouse Tour. It'd be a great time to learn some stuff and buy some throws from their booths. http://birdhouseskateboards.com/2011tour/ Dates and locations are here^

145. Dris
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 16:49:24

My finger dies from loss of blood circulation. LOL.

146. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Aug 29 2011 06:46:22

Also I just got the One Drop Dietz. Lemme tell you, it's an amazing undersized yoyo. [video=youtube;RLbV5hU4eSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbV5hU4eSI[/video]

147. Frip
    Date: Sat, Sep 10 2011 17:27:55

[video=youtube;hEIMMoKrVYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEIMMoKrVYI[/video] :woop: (mute your computer before watching)

148. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Sep 14 2011 03:34:57

Frip wrote: :woop: (mute your computer before watching)
    wait how come you "bound" (aka bind, past tense) backwards? I'm just wondering cause it came out alright...

149. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Tue, Sep 20 2011 21:37:53

hey guys im gonna get a metal yoyo from yoyoexpert, what should i get? i was thinking about a SPYY Pro or Supra (i like the gap type shown in the YYJ PHENOMizm) or One Drop CafeRider, and be able to get strings, bearings and response.

150. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Sep 21 2011 03:07:38

Supra Supra then Cafe Racer w/ a bunch of stuff. If you really need string, get the caferacer. If you really want an awesome yoyo, get the supra, although the Caferacer is great too.

151. s0ny123
    Date: Fri, Sep 23 2011 06:22:01

[video=youtube;ejA2sAEeAbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejA2sAEeAbg[/video]

152. kyonaleo
    Date: Mon, Oct 3 2011 03:27:07

Hi I'm a yoyo player and I've just taken up penspinning. Haha. Glad to know that there are other spinners around who are also yoyoers ^^ Been throwing for about 2 years already. My throw is the C3yoyodesign Winning Bird. Haha. I don't have any favourite tricks because my tricks don't have names :) Made them up myself. Tunneling tricks are fun though xD

153. Frip
    Date: Sat, Oct 22 2011 17:16:47

HOw much difference is there between the whip and better metal yoyos (~$50 max)? Is it like comssa vs KT? ... say compared to this: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/34/YYF-DV888-2011

154. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Oct 22 2011 22:59:23

Frip wrote: HOw much difference is there between the whip and better metal yoyos (~$50 max)? Is it like comssa vs KT? ... say compared to this: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/34/YYF-DV888-2011
    A LOT. And not just grinding- stability, spin time, comfort/shape, less friction on the string, etc. And I'd recommend getting a C3 Di Base or YYF Yuuksta instead of a DV888. I know they're above $50 but still, they're much better. You're so close. http://www.yoyonation.com/product.php?productid=17174 Get this, here^ You won't regret it. It's $50 here. Then there's the Protostar if you can't afford those. It's the best plastic out there IMO.

155. Frip
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 00:29:08

I'm buying a di base as soon as paypal accepts my bank transfer. The string on my whip is all stale and shit ._.

156. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Nov 2 2011 10:17:57

Frip wrote: I'm buying a di base as soon as paypal accepts my bank transfer. The string on my whip is all stale and shit ._.
    Um... buy a new pack of string?

157. Frip
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 02:26:43

ShadrCom3t wrote: Um... buy a new pack of string?
    i did :O I got a di base and 25 strings

158. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Nov 6 2011 22:50:43

Frip wrote: i did :O I got a di base and [B]25 strings[/B]
    Oh. Ok xD

159. Frip
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 03:23:20

wordwordwordword

160. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Nov 9 2011 06:37:11

How do you like it? Cool huh? Have you tried grinding with it yet :o

161. ellariley558
    Date: Wed, Nov 9 2011 07:27:36

Great post.Thanks for sharing.Please be in touch with us.

162. Frip
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 19:31:27

I love it :D learned the matrix, buddha's revenge, mcbride rollercoaster, eli hops, and a little suicide. Prob some other stuff too :P

163. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Dec 20 2011 06:11:22

Sky Walkers dropping in yoyoexpert at 10pm EST

164. midniteferret
    Date: Thu, Dec 22 2011 04:36:32

odd...I never tried yo-yo, how easy is it to pick up?

165. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Dec 29 2011 17:35:41

OP Updated. Finally.

midniteferret wrote: odd...I never tried yo-yo, how easy is it to pick up?
    Sorry for the UBER late reply. It's not hard at all, but you need to ALWAYS start with a responsive yoyo. It's almost impossible to learn anything if you start out with unresponsive yoyos (yoyos that do not come back with a tug.) I suggest you learn Braintwister, Rock the Baby, and Split Bottom Mount first.

166. Frip
    Date: Fri, Dec 30 2011 04:07:05

I started with an unresponsive yoyo :trollface:

167. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Jan 2 2012 23:49:44

Frip wrote: I started with an unresponsive yoyo :trollface:
    lol but it takes longer to learn the bind. When you know responsive and all the tricks, the bind becomes easier to hit.

168. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jan 11 2012 07:09:30

Get a PSG (Plastic Sandglass). It's $15, but it plays freaking amazing. It's legit a plastic playing at the level of a metal. Can't say enough about it. If you're going unresponsive, THIS is my new recommendation.

169. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Jan 29 2012 05:14:47

ok so i dropped pen spinning for 3 years (dropped as in i didnt carry my buster EVERYWHERE and i didnt spin ALL the time, just a bit for fun) and in dat time i started gettin rly into yoyo and other forms of manipulative arts, and am i the only one having problems with my yoyoing callouses messing with my pen spinning, or is 2 weeks too short of a transition period back into pen spinning :P btw i love my yoyorecreation messiah :D just putting that out there...

170. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 05:09:41

4leek24 wrote: btw i love my yoyorecreation messiah :D just putting that out there...
    'tis a great yoyo. Is it the most recent run or the older run (or better yet, the first run)?

171. Kyoflow
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 08:10:44

ShadrCom3t wrote: 'tis a great yoyo. Is it the most recent run or the older run (or better yet, the first run)?
    sadly its the newest run. the red one :P. still a great yoyo, matched with some thick kitty string, center trac bearing, and ir pads :D

172. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:35:37

PWNR last week [video=youtube;1Snq5d4Tjgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Snq5d4Tjgs[/video]

173. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Jun 24 2012 19:55:00

Thread revival. Hi, I've been yoyoing since last month. I do only 4A, though. So I have some questions, hope some expert people are still around. ;o; I'm using Adegle Roc, btw. And all of these following questions are for 4A 1. When I do trapeze mount, the spin dies out pretty quick. What's that? I do something wrong? 2. Volcano and Boingy-Boingy, are they the same thing? I mean if I want to learn the Boingy, would it help if I learn Volcano first? [I never really get the idea of both tricks, though] 3. I have problem catching the yoyo into a Chopstick slack. It's like the yoyo is too big or my hand is too small? So it just drops on my hand. I think it's because the string wrapping around my middle finger is like, it's wrapped around on the base part of my middle. I can't really play with it around the tip. Is that one of the causes of the problem? 4. Do you have tips for regenerations? I kinda have a hard time trying to get it right. I can't throw it out straight. =/ 5. Is there any place I can find tutorial for 4A other than YouTube? There aren't many tutorials on YT plz answer, thank you so much ;o;

174. Kyoflow
    Date: Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:11:19

Enkronidus wrote: Thread revival. Hi, I've been yoyoing since last month. I do only 4A, though. So I have some questions, hope some expert people are still around. ;o; I'm using Adegle Roc, btw. And all of these following questions are for 4A 1. When I do trapeze mount, the spin dies out pretty quick. What's that? I do something wrong? 2. Volcano and Boingy-Boingy, are they the same thing? I mean if I want to learn the Boingy, would it help if I learn Volcano first? [I never really get the idea of both tricks, though] 3. I have problem catching the yoyo into a Chopstick slack. It's like the yoyo is too big or my hand is too small? So it just drops on my hand. I think it's because the string wrapping around my middle finger is like, it's wrapped around on the base part of my middle. I can't really play with it around the tip. Is that one of the causes of the problem? 4. Do you have tips for regenerations? I kinda have a hard time trying to get it right. I can't throw it out straight. =/ 5. Is there any place I can find tutorial for 4A other than YouTube? There aren't many tutorials on YT plz answer, thank you so much ;o;
    HAI ENK :D 1. yea trapeze slows down the yoyo pretty fast, so people dont usually hold it there long. they usually just bounce it off the mount to change directions 2. volcano goes up and down. boingy boing goes horizontally or vertically. volcano also involves moving both hands together as you pop the yoyo up so the the string gives way for the yoyo to move up, whereas in boingy boing you only move your throwhand towards your freehand to allow the string to give way to the yoyo. 3. chopsticks tricks will take ALOT of practice. it helps if you have big hands, or a small yoyo. i was never a big fan of 4a chopsticks so i never practiced it much. 4. uh...regens require an intense knowledge of yourself, your yoyo, and your response system. itll come naturally with time. it'll help ALOT to get a cheap yoyo, or a 2a yoyo, and learn looping on that to help with regens. 5. have you looked through ben condes tutorials?: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL98F64130379DB710&feature=plcp id say 53 videos is quite a large number of tutorials :P ahah keep me posted on your progress enk :D

175. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:38:59

Also, when is Worlds 2012 going to start?! I just can't wait to see it! :D

176. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jun 26 2012 01:44:55

I don't do 4a a lot if at all xD It's fun but I find it difficult. Worlds is August 2-4 I believe. I HOPEFULLY can go this year. Edit: http://www.worldyoyocontest.com/2012worlds/

177. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 04:23:10

[video=youtube;PAP0aXXLGbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAP0aXXLGbU[/video] I've never wtf't this much since watching Christopher Chia in AP11. I really think Mickey has a chance in this year Worlds By the way, I have some questions again! :D 1. What is the yoyo with smallest size ever designed for 4A? 2. If I am going to get a Hayabusa, should I get the original one or SL? Some people say that the soft landing one bounces too much. And is Hayabusa good for grinding? 3. How do you snap start a dead yoyo? I've watched tuts but never understand where to place my thumb exactly and how to push 4. What's the best way to avoid getting knots after binding in 4A [Like it comes back after the throw and hits your hand, harming you :c] and what is the quickest or best way without changing yoyo to cancel the knot when you know you are having knot from a bad bind? 5. Do you have any tips for Eli Hops? And still, either my spin dies or the yoyo tilts too much after a couple of hops, do you have any suggestion to that? 6. Some of the time, my yoyo tilts in the middle of the combo [And it usually results in the yoyo stops spinning and ties itself to the string or loses some spin]. How do I keep it balanced all the time through the freestyle?

178. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 4 2012 22:00:52

I'm sooooo out of sync w/ yoyoing... 1. Split decision. That one's good for grinding. I loved it. 2. Original one. It slides/spins in place. It does not grind what so ever (unless you have gloves). Plastics don't grind usually. 3. It's hard. Just hand start it like Jensen Kimmitt or Yukki Spencer. No one really snap starts. I used to but my hands are too small. 4. I had the same problem with 1A yoyos. Just bind in a straight line. Make sure the yoyo doesn't go off plane. 5. Keep it on plane. If you hit the rims then the yoyo will tilt. I know what you mean, but there's not much I can say... it usually comes with practice =/ 6. Try to learn how to "tilt" the yoyo while doing a trapeze. It usually depends which way the yoyo is spinning. If you pull the string towards you, it will tilt one way. If you pull it away from you, it should tilt the other way. Once you learn how to tilt, you can do it while in the middle of a combo.

179. Alex
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 05:57:11

Yoyoing is so complicated :angry: I gave up i prefer pen spinning

180. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 14:09:16

IMO YOYOing is easier than penspinning. The learning curve isn't nearly as high. You can learn all the fundamentals in a day.

181. Kyoflow
    Date: Sat, Jul 7 2012 19:42:14

Lol I agree. Imo its easier because it is designed for the purpose of doing tricks, where a pen mod is a just a balanced stick. Also the trick names and judging isn't nearly as complicated...

182. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Jul 10 2012 08:10:08

Has Yoyonation been down or something? =/ I get an error when I try to browse the site

183. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 01:58:07

huh I didn't realize that until now. I guess it is. After they were robbed over $10,000 in yoyos by two kids, they closed their store. I hope they're really not closing for good T_T

184. Alex
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 02:29:44

meh, i find pen spinning more interesting, also less dangerous

Enkronidus wrote: [video=youtube;PAP0aXXLGbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAP0aXXLGbU[/video] I've never wtf't this much since watching Christopher Chia in AP11. I really think Mickey has a chance in this year Worlds By the way, I have some questions again! :D 1. What is the yoyo with smallest size ever designed for 4A? 2. If I am going to get a Hayabusa, should I get the original one or SL? Some people say that the soft landing one bounces too much. And is Hayabusa good for grinding? 3. How do you snap start a dead yoyo? I've watched tuts but never understand where to place my thumb exactly and how to push 4. What's the best way to avoid getting knots after binding in 4A [Like it comes back after the throw and hits your hand, harming you :c] and what is the quickest or best way without changing yoyo to cancel the knot when you know you are having knot from a bad bind? 5. Do you have any tips for Eli Hops? And still, either my spin dies or the yoyo tilts too much after a couple of hops, do you have any suggestion to that? 6. Some of the time, my yoyo tilts in the middle of the combo [And it usually results in the yoyo stops spinning and ties itself to the string or loses some spin]. How do I keep it balanced all the time through the freestyle?

185. Alex
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 02:57:37

:wtf: two kids stole that many yoyos?

ShadrCom3t wrote: huh I didn't realize that until now. I guess it is. After they were robbed over $10,000 in yoyos by two kids, they closed their store. I hope they're really not closing for good T_T

186. Kyoflow
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 04:44:18

Alex wrote: :wtf: two kids stole that many yoyos?
    10000 yoyos is under 100 yoyos lol considering most yoyos now cost 100-$200, with some going into $500's

187. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 08:50:44

Alex wrote: :wtf: two kids stole that many yoyos?
    They distracted the YYN employees everytime they visited. One person stole while the other talked. The kids stole 5-10 yoyos at a time. Then they sold them to other people, etc. etc. It was terrible cause YYN could never gain the money back.

188. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:07:37

Alex wrote: meh, i find pen spinning more interesting, also less dangerous
    Pen spinning is more of a table stuff. It wouldn't go very well in a stage performance, except you use a projector and zoom to your hand when the performance goes. I find it just as interesting as PS. More dangerous... Perhaps. D: And wow, I didn't know that their store was closed because of robbery. That's sad for them Anyways, I have some questions again? :3 1. How long does a Hayabusa really sleep? Some sources say it sleeps at least for a minute. Sounds hard to believe for me for an offstring yoyo. o_O 2. Will there be AP this year? I saw a post on Yoyothailand site that they are lining a team for AP12 3. Is Big Ben a good yoyo and how does it play on offstring. And vs. Hayabusa, which one is better if I want to do string tricks on offstring? 4. What is a friction sticker?

189. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 11 2012 21:38:19

Enkronidus wrote: 1. How long does a Hayabusa really sleep? Some sources say it sleeps at least for a minute. Sounds hard to believe for me for an offstring yoyo. o_O 2. Will there be AP this year? I saw a post on Yoyothailand site that they are lining a team for AP12 3. Is Big Ben a good yoyo and how does it play on offstring. And vs. Hayabusa, which one is better if I want to do string tricks on offstring? 4. What is a friction sticker?
    1- I have no idea. I threw one before though. Sleeps for a while actually, but it really REALLY depends on the thrower. For 4a, make sure your string does not touch the walls too much of the yoyo or it will die really quickly. 2- There's always an AP. I saw it when I was gonna register. 3- No clue. I heard good things about it but you should really ask people on a yoyo forum. (pick OneDrop since YYN is down. DON'T go to YYE though. They're just a bunch of spoiled rich kids.) Don't trust reviews too much. 4- A type of response system by Duncan. It's just like pads, break pads, flowable silicone, etc. that you put inside your unresponsive 1a yoyos. Although friction stickers are awful, the pads YOU CHOOSE are REALLY IMPORTANT. Every yoyo responds differently to different pads. However, [B]flowable silicone[/B] usually works great with all yoyos.

190. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Jul 14 2012 06:48:55

I find it so cool that most people who do yoyoing are very friendly. Just like people on UPSB but they are more mature. :p

191. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 14 2012 16:19:29

*to clarify my previous post Something about reviews: they're usually too vague and not critical enough to make a good decision. They do give some information but just take it with a grain of salt =P Something about YYE: the kids are really irresponsible, rude, and immature. I was "scammed" there before so yeah... at least I got my yoyo back. Something about 4a yoyos: Ben, the owner of Yoyofactory, says that the Yoyojam ReXtreme was the best 4a yoyo (as of 2010). I have one and it is the best 4a yoyo I've had. The Fiesta is also a good choice. I liked the OG (original) more than the XX.

Enkronidus wrote: I find it so cool that most people who do yoyoing are very friendly. Just like people on UPSB but they are more mature. :p
    xD lawl People on YYN were really friendly. If you needed help, they would support you. Sometimes people gave you a free yoyo if you were a beginner. Too bad YYN's down/gone (at least for now.) People on UPSB call beginners "noobs" for not being able to do something. That was at least my experience way back when ><; ------ (I will remove this if YYN comes back online xD) EDIT: WIN! I found a cache of my old trade thread that got updated recently! Worst come to worst, I have my feedback. EDIT2: EVEN BIGGER WIN http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.yoyonation.com%2Ftalk%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dtrader%26id%3D8875+&cd=23&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

192. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 00:47:49

I asked people on one thread for a yoyo because I couldn't really get any at one point (tamashii_00) so a really nice guy sent me a YYJ Legacy, strings and a bearing for free, no cost on my end at all whatsoever I ended up giving it to a friend because I really didn't need it as much as I would If people want to buy my yoyo's I have LOOP 900's x2 Orange NEON Shinwoo LOOP x2 Duncan Echo capless White FHZ unmodded Duncan Metropolis with deshielded(?) KK YYF One (First edition not the new one) YYF Whip I can get a Dv888 for cheap as well, no response though

193. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 05:10:10

MightAsWellGG wrote: LOOP 900's x2 Orange NEON
    Maybe? lol I'll think about it. There's a "Facebook Yoyo BST" if you're interested. and :O you live in Maryland?

194. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 13:34:57

Guess who just won 1A AP12. :p [video=youtube;EU8kZRaIqyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8kZRaIqyQ[/video] This is his year, no doubt. Also Aik Hwee won 4A. <3 I REALLY hope he will go to Worlds this year. [video=youtube;smeB2FLOamw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smeB2FLOamw[/video]

195. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 16:00:36

Enkronidus wrote: Also Aik Hwee won 4A. <3 I REALLY hope he will go to Worlds this year. [vid hur]
    YAY! He's my 4a inspiration xD

196. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 01:26:04

I just bought a yoyomega yoyo at a puzzle/ juggling store in MA while I was vacationing. My question is where is a good place to start, to learn all the basic tricks and what not.

197. Alex
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 02:08:44

I also had a yoyo , any tips?

198. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 03:58:36

Pics of yoyos plox? @Alex and Tent- in this order: learn your forward passes, breakaways, walk the dog, rock the baby, skyrocket, ufo, stop and go, brain twister, and split bottom mount, split bottom mount, split bottom mount. Yeah, split bottom mount is really important. I cannot stress this enough (as I have mentored people before LOL). You learn from sb mount: 1) how to land the yoyo on the string properly 2) how to manipulate the string 3) how to move the yoyo so it doesn't hit the other string. Don't get ahead of yourself cause it causes more problems in the long run. As for progress, I'd suggest to learn as many tricks as you can that aren't in the "beginner" section. Links: for the intuitive learner- http://www.mastermagic.net/Tricks.html with explanation/more help (click the "Learn" tab)- http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/013-basic-breakaway.html EDIT- Make sure you know how to make a slip knot AND know how to restring a yoyo properly. The two biggest things a newcomer does wrong (like I did :rofl: )

199. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 12:06:55

Thanks. I had a feeling that it wasnt the best yoyo, but I purchased the "Dash" yoyo, an all metal one with butterfly winged shaped sides.

200. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 15:46:33

I think the very first thing that you should learn is how to throw a proper sleeper. [Well, if you don't know how to do that already] And don't give up. A few years ago, I tried yoyoing and ragequit because I couldn't get on stuff. It really takes a while until you get familiar with it. Someone told me that it only gets harder before it gets easier and that is really true.

201. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 20:19:28

@Tentcell It's a nice beginner yoyo but it's not worth the $30. Stuff like the velocity, legacy, fhz, or protostar are worth $30. (although some of these are "unresponsive"/advanced yoyos)

Enkronidus wrote: And don't give up. A few years ago, I tried yoyoing and ragequit because I couldn't get on stuff. It really takes a while until you get familiar with it. Someone told me that it only gets harder before it gets easier and that is really true.
    IMO it just gets harder and harder xD, but when you shift from responsive to unresponsive, THIS^ Hand starting and binding had to be the hardest things I had to learn.

202. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Jul 16 2012 21:37:34

Whats the difference between responsive, unresponsive?

203. Alex
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 00:39:06

So which yoyo should i get? Links/pics? and price

204. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 03:05:18

YYN is back online =D fyi, so you don't have to wind up your yoyos all the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJc2Q-KUmPo @Alex I'm glad you're giving yoyoing a second chance xD The learning curve is much lower in yoyoing than PSing, but that doesn't mean you won't get really frustrated. lol Starting off, these are great choices: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/46/Duncan-Free-Hand-Zero http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/518/YYF-Fast-201---Neon-Collection http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/9/YYJ-KickSide http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/368/YYF-ONE I really, really liked the FH2 and somewhat the FAST201. They're both great starter yoyos. I have not tried the FHZ (Free Hand Zero), but I heard it was even better than the FH2. NB: The Kickside is wide. Smooth. Pretty nice. The One is light compared to the Kickside. Nice also. The FAST is ... fast lol The FAST is noisy cause it has huge starbursts. They make the string "vibrate." This makes the string wear more easily. The FH2 and FHZ pads wear/become unresponsive after a lot of play. They're geared more towards advanced players. I dunno which one to pick. I'd pick the Kickside for you, but they're all just great yoyos xD look what people can do with a begginer yoyo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngSHlz4zy4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2R3lafIDA

205. Alex
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 04:48:47

Ill get them all :D

206. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 04:53:39

Alex wrote: Ill get them all :D
    LOL NOOOO that's a bad idea. :walrus: If you're really serious, do this: buy a kickside buy a protostar > http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/122/YYF-ProtoStar BUY POLYESTER STRING. YOU'LL NEED IT. A LOT OF IT :rofl: > http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/284/100-Count---100%25-Polyester-YoYoExpert-String If you have money left over, buy an FHZ. When buying string, always get solid colors. Yellow, green, or white are the best ones. They're much easier to see.

207. Alex
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 04:54:42

Alright ill be yoyo pro in a few years :D

ShadrCom3t wrote: LOL NOOOO that's a bad idea. :walrus: If you're really serious, do this: buy a kickside buy a protostar > http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/122/YYF-ProtoStar BUY POLYESTER STRING. YOU'LL NEED IT. A LOT OF IT :rofl: > http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/284/100-Count---100%25-Polyester-YoYoExpert-String If you have money left over, buy an FHZ. When buying string, always get solid colors. Yellow, green, or white are the best ones. They're much easier to see.

208. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 05:04:29

Alex wrote: Alright ill be yoyo pro in a few years :D
    It takes a lot of practice, and the skill cap is higher than PSing (pros are REALLY REALLY PRO, so pro that they're PAID to yoyo). However, I have no doubt that you'll do your best xD I hope all of this stuff helps you guys ><;

209. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 14:45:55

@ShadrCom3t I am interested in this Facebook Yo-yo BST, and yes I do live in Maryland :P

210. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 15:13:03

MightAsWellGG wrote: @ShadrCom3t I am interested in this Facebook Yo-yo BST, and yes I do live in Maryland :P
    :o PM me your facebook plz edit- it's special invite only sry >< You can join YYN if you haven't already. YYN's BST died a bit cause people overpriced things too much.... greedy. smh

211. Rudra
    Date: Tue, Jul 17 2012 22:03:15

When doing basic loops, my yoyo leans to the outside, drops, and spins CCW. (uses right hand) Is it the motion of the wrist/finger or the position of my hand? Or timing?

212. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 01:09:12

@MightAsWellGG What conditions are these yoyos in? DV888 - Color? I'd prefer orange or red, but whatever you can get Loop 900's I might trade those for this high end metal: Ogopogo Bear vs Man by CLYW (the one on the left) It's smooth as ice skates. damage from previous user Tell me if you have a YYN account or not.

Rudra wrote: When doing basic loops, my yoyo leans to the outside, drops, and spins CCW. (uses right hand) Is it the motion of the wrist/finger or the position of my hand? Or timing?
    Try to flick with your wrist to give it more power? You could look at some tutorials cause I'm not a looper >< Maybe your string is too long if it loops to low towards the ground (if that's what you mean.)

213. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 02:19:58

ShadrCom3t;213582]:o PM me your facebook plz edit- it's special invite only sry >< You can join YYN if you haven't already. YYN's BST died a bit cause people overpriced things too much.... greedy. smh[/QUOTE] I have a YYN and a Facebook but I would rather talk to you over FB than YYN. [QUOTE=ShadrCom3t wrote: @MightAsWellGG What conditions are these yoyos in? DV888 - Color? I'd prefer orange or red, but whatever you can get Loop 900's I might trade those for this high end metal: Ogopogo Bear vs Man by CLYW (the one on the left) It's smooth as ice skates. [SPOILER="Quoting images outside of a spoiler is annoying"][/SPOILER] damage from previous user [SPOILER="Quoting images outside of a spoiler is annoying"][/SPOILER] Tell me if you have a YYN account or not.
    The Loop 900's are in pretty much mint, but I may have lost one of the keys, and of course the special neon string that comes with each NEON yo-yo. The Dv888 would cost me like $20 to get from the guy and its kinda beat to the same degree as your BvM; again [B]no response pads,[/B] and idk if the guy has lost the bearing to it or not. I may or may not be able to contact that guy soon though to work a trade, he lives in a different neighborhood. Its an aqua color, as seen here. Edit: I have both keys for the Loop's. I can include some orange kitty string with the trade. I will have to get the approval of my mother tomorrow to see if I can do the trade. Could you film a video of 1. The yo-yo while its sleeping for atleast 30 seconds, 2. Close up of the dings and damage and other small things I would need to know about and 3. Play of that BvM

214. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 21:54:36

If you're wondering why I recommend the Protostar: [video=youtube;knYCilujrFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knYCilujrFM[/video] (^he's using the Northstar, but IMO the Protostar is much smoother and quicker)

215. Alex
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 06:01:48

Ive seen a lot yoyo people coming to UPSB, why is that? coincidence?

216. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 07:26:44

I think it's because PS and Yoyoing are probably the biggest boom for teenagers out there. I don't think it's weird if someone is interested in both, because they share some similarities like style, main concept or stuff like that. Long live PS and Yoyo. :3

217. NitriX
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:46:43

yea im a yoyoer. lol wow this thread got huge when i was gone haha. heres one of my older yoyoing vids. will post more vids on my channel after my next contest. *i dont want anyone to see my new tricks beforehand^^ [video=youtube;U8Hn4yl6nho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Hn4yl6nho&feature=plcp[/video] Oh and heres a shot of some rusty pen spinning. lol. someone started a topic about it on it at the yoyoing fourms. i picked up my old pen haha. [video=youtube;rHlHvC8-rWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlHvC8-rWE&feature=plcp[/video] Yea.... i got pretty good... enough to earn a title of "Midwest Regional Yo-yo competition finalist" lol (Schnazy title huh? i think ima keep it. one of my biggest accomplishments though. and im really proud^^. ill keep it just for the sake of it.) Around 50 yoyo players in the midwest. 14 person cut off for finals. Where... i choked.. and died to stage. I did really good in the perlimanary 1 min round.. but when it got to finals. where i would go head to head with the finalists ( where most of them are sponsored by yoyo companies and are professionals and get basically paid to compete) .. it finnaly hit me that tons of people are watching.... Regionals for me is held at the mall of america... yea..... tons of random interested people adding to the yoyoers and yoyoer's personal spectators lol. 3 floors of people... crowding around on the balcony starting at you... nerves really get you on stage....and can cost you alot. a dabble a bit in 4a (Off-String) and 5a ( Counter weight) Oh yea! and im going to another contest next week! The Tripple crown of yoyos. Known as Midwest classic, where me and players around country get to compete for the grand prize of $1000 ,some yoyos , and trophy. currently working on my 2 minute routine .xD im determined to do good at this one. And if you have some time... please check this out. I need your guy's help. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12029

218. NitriX
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 12:49:28

oh btw.. in that yoyo vid... i used a cheap $15 yoyo you can get at toys r us. lol give me something metal and i can do alot more^^ plus thats an old vid i got wayyy better after the regionals.^^

Ive seen a lot yoyo people coming to UPSB, why is that? coincidence?
    idk.. things that spin attract us? lol
    If you're wondering why I recommend the Protostar: (^he's using the Northstar, but IMO the Protostar is much smoother and quicker)
    pfft.... northstar way better. lol more whole solid feel. a bit slower cuz its a bit heaver. better feel to me. Personal peferance^^

219. Big Yoyo
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 13:39:23

Hey everybody whats up? Im big yoyo from YYE

220. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 21:52:33

NitriX wrote: pfft.... northstar way better. lol more whole solid feel. a bit slower cuz its a bit heaver. better feel to me. Personal peferance^^
    it really is preference.... not a lot of momentum = dislike =/ also nothstars tend to vibe a whole lot xD @Alex :wtf: it's just a lot of psers like yoyoing. I was even on v3

221. Big Yoyo
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 22:21:58

Hey guys I was just reading a few pages back, so IDK if anybody already said this, but YYN is shut down for good. The robbery really messed up their store, and costs were getting too much to keep the forum going, so they dumped it all. Thats why you cant even access the website anymore. About YYE: It actually isnt that bad. Yes there are a lot of little kids, but there are also really helpful people like Studio 42, who is probably the friendliest and most helpful person on the forum.

222. NitriX
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 23:11:29

Big Yoyo wrote: Hey guys I was just reading a few pages back, so IDK if anybody already said this, but YYN is shut down for good. The robbery really messed up their store, and costs were getting too much to keep the forum going, so they dumped it all. Thats why you cant even access the website anymore. About YYE: It actually isnt that bad. Yes there are a lot of little kids, but there are also really helpful people like Studio 42, who is probably the friendliest and most helpful person on the forum.
    Hey! BigYoYo! im also a wisconsin thrower xD.... do you go to NEWT since your up in appleton? oh and i saw your string topic on yye. im tempted to buy some and try it out^^
    it really is preference.... not a lot of momentum = dislike =/ also nothstars tend to vibe a whole lot xD
    U wana start something shadrCom3t?!?!?!!?!?!?!? ^^ lol

223. Big Yoyo
    Date: Thu, Jul 19 2012 23:53:19

Yeah I go to NEWT!!!!! It is really great. I didnt go this Thursday as I had previous obligations, but I usually go every thursday! Stop in sometime. Im working on getting my string in the store too. Im currently waiting for a huge order of thread to come in though ($110 worth) @NitriX

224. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Jul 20 2012 01:27:38

hai people im gonna start posting in this thread again cuz im semi ungrounded lol lol i hafta side with shadrcom3t on the protostar preference :P i have a friend who loves his northstar, but i always liked the feel of the protostar just a bit more. and imo, they both have a pretty bad vibe if not tuned to perfection lol

225. Alex
    Date: Fri, Jul 20 2012 02:30:06

They did talk about it like 3 pages ago

Big Yoyo wrote: Hey guys I was just reading a few pages back, so IDK if anybody already said this, but YYN is shut down for good. The robbery really messed up their store, and costs were getting too much to keep the forum going, so they dumped it all. Thats why you cant even access the website anymore. About YYE: It actually isnt that bad. Yes there are a lot of little kids, but there are also really helpful people like Studio 42, who is probably the friendliest and most helpful person on the forum.

226. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Jul 20 2012 02:30:54

Big Yoyo;213981]Hey guys I was just reading a few pages back, so IDK if anybody already said this, but YYN is shut down for good. The robbery really messed up their store, and costs were getting too much to keep the forum going, so they dumped it all. Thats why you cant even access the website anymore. [/QUOTE] YYN is back online! While YYE, OD, etc. are pretty cool, the yoyoing community would've have lost SO much, especially the "history of the peak" thread =D Just my experience with YYE: A bunch of people from YYN got scammed by kids at YYE. Personally, some kid tried to say I was scamming him eventhough he didn't even send his end yet. Basically, he didn't like the yoyo and ALREADY traded with someone else without my knowledge. What made it worse is that I didn't have internet and I could have lost my yoyo in the process because of some greedy kid. Sorry, but not recommended. That was kinda the last straw for me... [QUOTE=NitriX wrote: U wana start something shadrCom3t?!?!?!!?!?!?!? ^^ lol
    YES ^lol jkjk

227. Big Yoyo
    Date: Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:35:15

YYN IS BACK ONLINE?????!!!!!???? NOOOOO WAYYYYY THATS AWESOME! I heard they were done for good!

228. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 04:59:24

So this USED to be my collection. Now imagine if I took 3 yoyos and turned them into loopers and turned my 4a Split D into a ReXtreme, and that's my collection today.

229. Big Yoyo
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 12:29:06

Where are the Onedrops??!!?? Everybody NEEDS a one drop ;)

230. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 14:29:34

Big Yoyo wrote: Where are the [B]Onedrops[/B]??!!?? Everybody NEEDS a one drop ;)
    .________________________. lolwut. :wtf: As you can plainly see, there's a Purple Fade CODE1 (the first run CODE1, not including the testers) in the back. There's also a Worlds Edition Dietz in the foreground. It's my main throw. The side effects should've given it away.... The DNA and Septopus are my favorites, though; hence they are towards the front.

231. Big Yoyo
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 19:58:35

OMG! How did I miss those? They are so awesome!

232. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 20:25:45

Big Yoyo wrote: OMG! How did I miss those? They are so awesome!
    haha that's alright xD The prices are really awesome too ^_^

233. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Jul 21 2012 22:55:23

Questions againnnn :D 1. How many tricks are there in yoyoing? [I guess the answer is possibly going to be something like 'Almost endless'] And what's more between it and PS? I ask this question because I see some yoyoers [Like Mickey for an example] keep using same routine throughout the tournaments in each year. But I have to admit that Mickey is really good at planning routines, but most of the time, even in a different year, it seems like he has been reusing a lot of his materials. [Like same mini combos but with a little bit of polishment, pretty much like Eriror] I mean, why not just freestyle or something like that. It shouldn't be that hard to live-syncing to the music. 2. I have a feeling like I am a little bit more than a noob now. Everything seems to be a bit harder. Now I have a problem that I can do some combos now, but sometimes I forget some of the things that I can do. [Like I can't recall them, because it's pretty much that I learn a new trick or figure out a new combo everyday] Help? D: 3. What kind of gloves do you guys use? 4. About 4A string tricks. I read somewhere that 'You are more likely to get more marks from release trick[Whip, Toss and Catch, Regen, Orbits, etc] during performance in tournaments'. What about some harder string tricks like Bryan Figueroa? I remember that he got 2nd in Worlds '11 and he did a lot of string tricks. And when I really come to think of, some of the string tricks are just as hard as some release ones. Is it always true that pure 'off-string' yoyoers are always better than 4A yoyoers that use a lot of string tricks as main element? 5. Is it true that clear/transparent plastic yoyos break easier than coloured ones? 6. I was reading this http://www.yoyowiki.org/wiki/Styles_Of_Play and saw the 1/2A. Is there any video showing how it looks like? 7. Where is Ben Conde from? He looks like an asian I'm trying to practice everyday. :3

234. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 22 2012 06:09:48

Wow that's way too much to answer. 1. As many as your mind can imagine. I wondered that too. They use similar routines cause THEY'RE ORIGINAL. YOU ARE BASED ON ORIGINALITY. AND CHOREOGRAPHY. Syncing LONG comobs is hard as fuc.gif.... Plus, if you're the creator of said trick, why not repeat it? Who else will or CAN do it? That's why professional yoyoing takes years to master- you have to make up your own tricks. (They can be based off of other tricks obviously.) 2. Just keep practicing. You do forget stuff, but that just means you need to practice them more (if they're essentials, i.e. Eli Hop.) You may forget combos overtime, but they aren't as important cause you should come up with new ones. 3. I don't use gloves. I use tape in 2a (looping) but that's it. 4. It's hard to judge. String tricks vs release tricks doesn't mean anything. One, it's hard as anything to do string tricks when your yoyo dies so quickly. It isn't 1a but still, it's worth merit. Two, it doesn't mean one person is better than the other. Bryan do some crazy stuff. It is, however, difficult to do regens and release tricks, like Lim Aik Hwee. It's hard to judge. These two 4a pros are on two different planes. Make sense? lol 5. I got a yoyo cause I thought it was celon (not transparent.) It was made of polycarbonate (which is prone to cracking and breaking cause it's soooooo stiff.) Polycarbonates (the clear yoyos) do break, but that doesn't mean opaque/solids, like the Northstar, aren't prone to cracking. -Acrylic is clear but it's durable as sdkfjasdfjkasdf. It's really heavy, though. 6. no ._. 7. no clue lol ._.

235. Big Yoyo
    Date: Sun, Jul 22 2012 12:38:47

The reason mickey seems to always be doing the same tricks is because thats his style, and Im sure a lot of those tricks are similar variations of others

236. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 22 2012 22:57:11

for Q1. If my post didn't make too much sense, I guess this would be a good way to explain it: It's like the first time you watched pro penspinning. It looked like they were all doing similar/the same thing. Every trick looked the same, etc. etc., when in fact, they were doing some of the craziest things ever xD

237. NitriX
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 05:32:22

my input. [B]question number one[/B]- Mickey is the king of speed and king of hops! and he reminds us why every single year! He is known for some of these ticks! Mickey is 3x world champion! he has done so much for yoyoing! really revolutionized and changed 1a (String tricks) its kind of like.. his signature move. his signature combo that amazes us every single time! but thing is that it always gets better and better! (more clean , more exagerated and flashy, and even faster!) - the crowd always goes nuts- [B]question number 2 [/B]- i guess... its all about the flow really. i know its hard now.. but you still haven't really found that flow yet. your still exploring. you're learning tricks that didnt really come from you. and thats what makes yoyoing really unique. There are so many styles out there! I really liked how Seth Peterson (Like.. a yoyo celeb xD.. hes an awesome yoyoer. and a co-founder of Save Death - yoyo company-) put it in a yoyo documentary he did. it went something like this.... "Yoyoing... is like road tripping.. or exploring a new world.....all with a blank map.... you sometimes know the destination (element or tick idea) of where your headed...... or sometimes you just wander around hoping to find something amazing..... as you progress in yoyoing... this maps opens up more and more... with every singe yoyo element you learn or every a single small secret transition move you discovered to go from a Houdini mount to a bicycle kink mount... < those are like paths or shortcuts. those shortcuts... you find my searching for them.. or just stumbling across one..... after while when you grow alot.... you look at the map and you can see where the paths can sometimes cross or connect with one another paths from destination to destination opening a whole new routes!" yoyoing... is really as big as you want to make it.... you can see it endless like i do.... or small... where alot of people quit after a year or so.... when they give up and cant find their flow. Hold on.. cuz it gets really fun! idk.. lol srry had one of those weird deep moments. moving on.... [B]Question number 3[/B].... uhh..... i dont really use gloves... i actually have grown some pretty big yoyo clauses * idk how to spell lawlz... that thing you get like thick dry skin... lol [B]Question number 4![/B] - idk... the judging system was kinda weird . but they are currently playing around with the system... tweaking and improving it. they're 3 main points in judging *overall* - tech , performance , and deductions tech- these are you tricks! your most important and most heavily judged!.... you can be judges on your smoothness/cleanliness/flow of your ticks.... next is how technical and difficult your tricks are.... lastly... for almost all styles.... are the "basic points" < idk what their really called lol... .. but anyways usually there is a judge that is the clicker... and with every string is a click... basically 1 point... and it is compiled down. * yes some people do abuse this -not to be against anyone or anything-) but again.. they are improving the system. Preformance! - this is your style! and how tricks are executed... mostly the visual appealing preforming part (stage presence, etc)..... Deductions - points can be taken away for a yoyo switch.. or a restart of spin / rewind from a dead yoyo. Also... points can be not given to too repetitive tricks or elements ... Also. for 4a mostly... if a performer loses control of the yoyo points can be taken away.... * a new change... 2 points i think can be taken away if the yoyo rolls off stage on the sides.. and a performer can be disqualified if a yoyo goes into the audience lol * happened before lol! * but idk new change i heard from the judges at regionals. phew i hope you can logic that one out lol. shadrCom3t really answered this one.i just babbled [B]number 5[/B] - eh... seems like it.. but i dont think so.... but cracks and marks are more visible on clear yoyos. * also see shadrCom3t's reply^^ [B]number 6 [/B]- kinda like a top i guess? idk... never really saw this before... no idea how it could be done * goes to try lol... i did see John wolf ( a spin topper and high yp yoyo modder) have an actual return top... like ...a spin top... with a grove and a response system to bring up the top... took him a few tries for him to get it to work lol. number 7 - i think hes half fillipino half white... idk.. lmao [B]now that's a long post ^ hope it was helpful!![/B]

238. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 09:32:04

Damn, haven't been practicing for a week because of midterm. D: Imma work hard this weekend

239. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 12:05:06

@Enkronidus ) From what I've seen for 1a, judging goes like this: string hits/tricks difficulty (tech) control choreography (performance, usually judged by someone who isn't a yoyoer) originality Each judge apparently has 2 clickers. One for string hits, one for misses/deductions. Most yoyoers say that they lose points not because changing the yoyo costs so many points, but the time they LOSE everytime they change their yoyo. The same with missing a trick. When you miss a routine making trick, you have to do it again. The reason why yoyoers might play faster (compared to Jensen Kimmitt, for example,) is to get more tricks in the 3 minute routine. Speed is also a factor, but it usually means getting more tricks which lead to points rather than just getting points for speediness alone. This could also be hearsay.

240. NitriX
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 13:50:39

I'm just saying it not totally perfect. because i dont think insane speed should win you higher placings... its like.. chosing if yoyoing.. is an art? or a sport?.. i hope you know what i mean. and i was talking about the nationals regulated ones or the standardized ones? idk i haven't really done much research on this. its usually on a 1- 100 scale true. but the categories and compiled and averaged. also. when doing tricks during a routine. you do not get scored if you attempt the same trick over and over again. from what ive heard. and *agrees* its just from that i know xD oh and heres a score sheet. http://www.mwryoyo.com/2012mwr/detailed1A.htm - lol.. i got dead last. *philips nguyen* guess i had no style and to tech. and nerves really got me. my first finals ^^ at a bigger contest. trying harder at Trippe crown yoyo! ive improved so much! Wish my luck this weekend in chicago. will show you guys a vid when i get back ^^

241. NitriX
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 13:55:27

oh yea! and thansk to everyone who voted for me on facebook! i won! and i got $100 in yoyojam! they let me pick what yoyos to get.. so... i asked if i could kinda save it. because i really wanted a quest and a trigger.(witch haven't been released yet) *found out from them that they will be releasing at worlds^^) *shh its a surprise lol. so ill be getting those after worlds^^ really excited.

242. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Jul 26 2012 18:02:03

Well difficulty and style could outweigh string hits as seen in people like John ando and Jensen kimmitt It's just how you decide to rack up on points. Lol didn't don't they tweak the judging system every year?

243. NitriX
    Date: Fri, Jul 27 2012 13:27:24

true xD but as you can see it is much harder. ehh... i just think its more this year.

244. Frip
    Date: Sat, Jul 28 2012 17:59:35

ahhhh i need to learn more tricks more "compact" ones that is... like the first part of cold fusion.

245. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 00:36:26

Why most of 4A yoyos are responsive? What would happen if you use unresponsive yoyos?

246. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 00:55:19

Enkronidus wrote: Why most of 4A yoyos are responsive? What would happen if you use unresponsive yoyos?
    hey dude first of all sorry for not replying on skype the other day. i was only on skype for a bit cuz i needed to contact relatives in taiwan. as for your question, im pretty sure 4a binds dont work on an unresponsive yoyo

247. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 01:01:30

Yeah, I was going to ask you just this question. XD

248. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 13:06:14

@Enkronidus you can use an unresponsive yoyo but you have to double wrap bind. It has a tendency to slip or bind terribly, and you cannot do regens. Via cellphone :P

249. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Aug 4 2012 04:44:32

World 2012 videos are coming up now! :o http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyofactoryvideo/videos So sad Aik Hwee, 5th. D: I want to see his video man, why only 5th

250. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Aug 7 2012 18:02:47

[video=youtube;8aD4B4wzdwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aD4B4wzdwA[/video] I haven't watched the whole thing but he did have quite a few deductions. Drops are both deductions and -cleanliness/execution... and they waste time when you could be doing tricks. I don't think he got a lot for originality (rareness), which is surprising. There's a judging table on the WYYC 2012 site.

251. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Aug 8 2012 04:30:45

He did his usual stuff. Probably just way too much drops for the judge to have mercy. :c I don't know why but he should really have used more of his '06 materials. Some of his tricks during his 2006 were very good, but now it's like he has abandoned some of them. [eg. chopsticks, that last trick he used in AP'06] Not sure if the military has something to do with this. And somehow his freestyles lack of coherence. He needs the flow like in his 2006-2008 back. =/ But yeah, I guess Rei deserved it this year. All hail to Mickey and Hank Freeman as well, I'm glad Mickey finally made it again. 5A... expected. XD That boy owns every year!

252. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:47:31

Enkronidus wrote: 5A... expected. XD That boy owns every year!
    OWN? Inoue lost only by .21 points ._. lol

253. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Aug 8 2012 14:26:07

Well, it's just a rough prediction. :c Because that boy has won worlds 5A since 2008

254. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Aug 9 2012 05:47:18

He hasn't won EVERY one, but he's won all the ones he competed in.

255. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 08:19:28

my classmate is running SoCal classics this year and he wanted a vid from me so i could compete. heres the one take random combo i filmed an hr ago. [video=youtube;9PCXz4_R_yM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PCXz4_R_yM&list=UUldmSDDvfXreci0QxTQDjkQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/video]

256. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Aug 27 2012 03:28:55

Kyoflow wrote: my classmate is running SoCal classics this year and he wanted a vid from me so i could compete. heres the one take random combo i filmed an hr ago.
    dope. I know how hard it is to film haha

257. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 13:42:16

My Adegle Roc is broken. :emo: The axis broke in half, I don't know what happened. This is the worst thing ever. I have no yoyo to play with now. :( Well, a few weeks ago. I was yoyoing in school food court after school and accidentally the yoyo bounced into a bucket of dirty water [You know, that water bucket they submerge the mop when they're done cleaning] and I was like well, fuc So I took the whole yoyo and clean it with water. And then my mom came and she was like 'Oh, that's not going to do anything. Let's soak it in Dettol solution then it will be all new'. so the whole yoyo got soaked, I didn't remove anything inside because it was a pain to remove all of them. And the axis just broke today. D: very sad story. My uncle is going to London next week. I will ask him to find a couple of Duncan Hayabusas for me. Do they sell them there? And normally where can I find them; Malls? I don't even know if Duncan has a factory there and if we can buy directly from factory.

258. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 18:42:56

doesn't it hurt when the string grinds against your finger? :\

259. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Sep 3 2012 11:43:37

Alvaris wrote: doesn't it hurt when the string grinds against your finger? :\
    That's why most people wear gloves

260. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Sep 3 2012 15:04:21

Alvaris wrote: doesn't it hurt when the string grinds against your finger? :\
    I think that the tightness of the string around the finger is a bigger concern lol.

261. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, Sep 3 2012 15:46:30

the one which hooks on your finger doesn't quite matter to me, its the other hand lol gloves doesn't help much too, i've tried :\

262. Accuru
    Date: Tue, Sep 4 2012 16:36:36

dude my yoyo is yoyofactory dv888 i paid 45 bucks for it and got more than what i expected

263. Big Yoyo
    Date: Sun, Sep 9 2012 01:57:05

Accuru wrote: dude my yoyo is yoyofactory dv888 i paid 45 bucks for it and got more than what i expected
    The dv888 is an awesome yoyo, and you are right that you get a lot

264. Enkronidus
    Date: Mon, Sep 10 2012 12:19:13

[video=youtube;ZQC6pp5tZOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQC6pp5tZOU[/video]

265. Big Yoyo
    Date: Wed, Sep 12 2012 11:43:33

Hey guys, my buddy has entered this colorway contest and needs your votes! If any of you are members on YYE, could you please vote for the user "d42kn355" His colorway sounds sick, and if he wins he will get to have that color be a production color! Please help him out, from one yoyoer to another. The link is here: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,48560.0.html

266. NitriX
    Date: Sun, Sep 30 2012 01:14:42

[video=youtube;jeXNkjqwtBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeXNkjqwtBs&feature=plcp[/video] my contest entry to a worldwide yoyo vid contest! need more views! xD thought i'd share it with you guys^^

267. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:46:47

I've been gone for quite a long time. Just to say, the YYN store is gone for good. The YYN forum is now part of the Yoyoskills "family" since YYN cannot fund the server costs. It's very sad, to say the least. At least the forum will be saved.

268. NitriX
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 22:38:47

ShadrCom3t wrote: I've been gone for quite a long time. Just to say, the YYN store is gone for good. The YYN forum is now part of the Yoyoskills "family" since YYN cannot fund the server costs. It's very sad, to say the least. At least the forum will be saved.
    all because.. their store was ruined..... by some idiots.... *sigh.....

269. astronaut
    Date: Mon, Oct 8 2012 22:33:51

I checked YYN's store which you said is close and what do you think my first yoyo should be? If it is closed then where can I buy a good yoyo?

270. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:31:32

@astronaut yoyoexpert, yoyoskills, onedrop, ebay, etc.

NitriX wrote: all because.. their store was ruined..... by some idiots.... *sigh.....
    yep. :walrus:

271. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Oct 20 2012 00:23:24

Random revival. [video=youtube;kc-AC-7NJDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-AC-7NJDU[/video] This is just TOO damn funny. XD

272. Big Yoyo
    Date: Sun, Nov 4 2012 16:12:45

Big Yoyo wrote: Hey guys, my buddy has entered this colorway contest and needs your votes! If any of you are members on YYE, could you please vote for the user "d42kn355" His colorway sounds sick, and if he wins he will get to have that color be a production color! Please help him out, from one yoyoer to another. The link is here: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,48560.0.html
    To everybody that voted for Josh, Thank You! He won, and loves the new yoyo in HIS colorway.

273. Big Yoyo
    Date: Sun, Nov 4 2012 16:13:16

http://youtu.be/oygp0CAkBYw Quick video I made yesterday

274. Soark
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 01:24:12

Sorry. I had a yoyo ball as a kid xD.

275. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Dec 22 2012 07:49:42

Hellooooooo, anyone still alive in this thread? I'm looking for an active yoyo forum. =/ Yoyonation doesn't look very active now. Any recommendation?

276. WildCat23
    Date: Sat, Mar 23 2013 16:58:57

Enkronidus wrote: Hellooooooo, anyone still alive in this thread? I'm looking for an active yoyo forum. =/ Yoyonation doesn't look very active now. Any recommendation?
    Yoyoexpert.com is pretty active. A lot of the stuff happens on facebook now.

277. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Mar 23 2013 23:12:49

Oh, yeah. I'm registered there too! Pretty awesome site that is. A lot of friendly peeps. :) How do they communicate on facebook, through group chat or something? It is possible for me to know the name of that?

278. WildCat23
    Date: Sun, Mar 24 2013 00:46:56

Enkronidus wrote: Oh, yeah. I'm registered there too! Pretty awesome site that is. A lot of friendly peeps. :) How do they communicate on facebook, through group chat or something? It is possible for me to know the name of that?
    There are a few groups you can join. I don't really do the facebook, though. I really just use it for chat.

279. Haste
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 15:23:23

Spinner, turned cardist, turned traceur, and now a thrower. Lol. Am a thrower for a month and a half [video=youtube;Pk8_FZhnbn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8_FZhnbn4[/video] ^Miniclip of a card jam a few weeks ago hehe. :D Loving the YYF StarLite. Still deciding on what yoyo to get next and if I will pursue 2A playstyle.

280. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 11:42:39

[video=youtube;scKZdSVWuPs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scKZdSVWuPs[/video] Me being an absolute noob at 1A, lmao [2nd day of string trick practice, btw]. And that is the last string I have right now, not good. :(

281. WildCat23
    Date: Thu, Apr 11 2013 21:01:00

Last October. Gotten better since then.

282. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, Jun 16 2013 02:05:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KbO3NEV8fY Me being super noob. 1A is not made for me ;_;

283. willow2x
    Date: Thu, Dec 12 2013 02:37:09

thought is share my interest in the other manipulations of the world here to =] ive been yoyoing for.... well most of my life but i only really got back into it heavily a few years ago (its always something i would play with but never took seriously) now im in a yoyo crew called Ditchdown44 (21+ tattooed yoyoers crew) i dont post videos much these days as my cam's not working at the mo' but ill link you to my fave that ive made so far. [COLOR="red"]PLEASE BE AWARE THE SONG HAS SWEARING IN IT!!! if it offends you - mute it. if you're in work - use your headphones =][/COLOR] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWcrrnLp-IA whats your fave combo to do? mine has to be something based around Branding.

284. willow2x
    Date: Thu, Dec 12 2013 02:39:06

good combo bud, good that you're not trying to go faster than your ability ^^ keep it up!

285. Acer
    Date: Mon, Dec 30 2013 08:40:40

Is my yoyoing video good for 1 and half years? Lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-lKcokI2ik

286. Aldragon
    Date: Mon, Jan 27 2014 00:06:50

I got the FAST 201 2 weeks ago and im gonna get the whip and the onestar soon :D

287. Ultranuma
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 00:59:40

Great to see I'm not the only yoyo/PS er I throw a PHENOM and a Genesis. Fav trick/combo is a mix between 3 Hiroyuki Suzuki Speed, Tatsuya Fujisaka speed, and Turbo Repeater.