UPSB v4

Off-topic / English teacher

1. del0ad_GPC
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 12:28:17

Hi UPSB-spinners, i'm del0ad from GPC and I am looking a English teacher. :teach: I'm now at a "advanced level" of school or Highschool and i must improve my instinctive feeling for the English language, so I'm looking for someone, who can write with me in a messenger like icq, skype or MSN and correct my mistakes. We can talk about spinning and other things... del0ad

2. walrus
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 13:38:46

@del0ad_GPC, I need somebody to teach me German since I'm doing it in 8th grade and planning to do it in 9th+....

3. neXus
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 14:01:00

I would really suggest that you start to watch English movies or TV shows. It's what helped me develop my English skills because most of what is being taught in school is mostly bullshit that you likely never are going to use like asking for the way to the hotel or how to get to the airport, what are the chances of you telling someone what you had for breakfast. By watching TV you learn conversation that you actually might use, everyday words and expressions. At first you may not understand everything at first but thanks to the visual aid might help you get an idea of what they're talking about, the words you don't know you type into Google that way Google might suggest to you the right way to write them and you can look for a translation.

4. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 14:12:34

I wouldn't mind, but the best way learn a language is to listen and speak it everyday. So browsing the forums everyday should help a lot. I would like somebody who can converse in Dutch with me though. I'm learning.

5. del0ad_GPC
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 15:16:44

Thanks for the answers :-) @Krypton Thanks for the answer. I'm going to watch movies in English and maybe I'll actively in the board. Okay. I hope there aren't so many mistakes ^__^

6. tacohead12
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 21:23:51

That was pretty good^ :P Most noticable error is "maybe I'll actively in the board" Should probably be "maybe I'll be active in the board" There is other stuff but not bad. As long as you can get the message across to other people you should be ok. You just need time to get better haha

7. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 21:37:59

Watching movies, and watching TV in English is a great way to get better at English also reading, just read book start off by reading easy to read book and then harder books. Listening to English music will also somewhat help you get better at English ^_^

8. neXus
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 22:18:15

Also feel free to add me on Skype if you need any help, my address is in my profile.

9. nateiskewl
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 22:39:51

Jan wrote: @del0ad_GPC, I need somebody to teach me German since I'm doing it in 8th grade and planning to do it in 9th+....
    Du bist schwul.

10. Bleevlee
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 00:39:23

Just look at lots of things in English. Try to expose yourself to English things like the other people said, browse the forums, read English books.. I doubt I helped at all but I tried D:

11. del0ad_GPC
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 06:59:49

@nateiskewl: <°(()))><{ Hmmm... I want to watch tv shows like How I met your mother, two and a half man and other in English.