UPSB v4

Pen Spinning Relations / [4.6] Global fundraising collab for Japan

1. Frip
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 18:25:21

Blame hippo for messed up numbers :P Anyways I've had this idea for quite a while, but with the problems in Japan, now might be the best time. It'll be a collab where each spinner "donates" his mod. Then all the mods get auctioned off to the public. Profits -> japan. I'll outline the basic points: -It'll be a global collab with internationally renown spinners -Every spinner makes a short 10-15 second clip so as many as possible can join -Every spinner sends their mod to the organizing person -that person then auctions off the mods and donates the revenue to charity Hopefully there is some hype before the collab is released, using trailers (ex: minovate 2nd). Once the collab is released the mods will be auctioned off on ebay or UPSB. The profits from that will go to a fundraising organization. (Red Cross and such) The hardest part will obviously be convincing the top spinners to make a clip and donate the mod. Even if we just get 5 from the worldwide top 25 or so, it could be very successful.

2. 13371337
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 19:17:05

Why on Earth is this in the RD? RELEASE IDEAS LIKE THIS PUBLICALLY. It's useless it being in here.

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 01:24:44

Honestly it would be better to raise money for another cause. There's too much resources being funded to Japan that they can't use all of it. Perhaps for Africa or something.

4. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 01:36:42

Hippo2626 wrote: Honestly it would be better to raise money for another cause. There's too much resources being funded to Japan that they can't use all of it. Perhaps for Africa or something.
    uhh source?

5. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 01:54:57

Not really sure, My mum was reading the newspaper and told me about it.

6. hoiboy
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 02:11:57

IMO, it'd be easiest with Japan. You have to do it before the entire crisis blows over, or else people lose motivation and whatever.

7. Frip
    Date: Sun, Apr 3 2011 23:59:04

. It is not "too late" to help Japan. Have you checked the news? Even if the news stopped reporting about the situation, cities don't rebuild themselves within weeks. We as penspinners have infinitely stronger bonds to Japanese people/culture than any average person out there. Quite frankly it would be saddening if we don't manage to help out when they need it most. I've just started actively organizing this. I've just sent out invitations to a couple of UPSB spinners With that said, please pm me, add me on skype/msn/icq (mudfrip/[email protected]/387405034), or shout at me in the shoutbox if you have anything to contribute to this project.