UPSB v4

Board Comments / Moderator Complaints

1. 13371337
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 17:14:28

Some of the moderators on here are terrible. Just terrible. Yet there is no system in place to make an official complaint, anonymously, about a mod. Why not? I think it would be a good change.

2. Mike
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 17:42:48

Because if you have a problem with a moderator, you're supposed to confront them about it, not behind their backs like a coward. You send them a message, and hopefully things get resolved.

3. Wisp
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 18:00:24

Mike wrote: Because if you have a problem with a moderator, you're supposed to confront them about it, not behind their backs like a coward. You send them a message, and hopefully things get resolved.
    fois deux

4. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 18:11:14

seems difficult to implement a system where you anynomously complain about someone... if you complain, you must have a reason. if you have a reason, normally it can be traced back to a particular user...

5. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 23:43:40

anonymity shouldn't be a factor. if you've earned respect and a place in this community by being involved, contributing, and being considerate to all users, then your opinion about our board obviously will have higher weight than a brand new member (which we all know you are not.) if however, you haven't done the above, then the opinion isn't as important to the community.

6. TRoc
    Date: Thu, Mar 24 2011 04:24:38

Plus, that thing would be spammed the crap out of.

7. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Mar 24 2011 22:02:01

13371337 wrote: Some of the moderators on here are terrible. Just terrible. Yet there is no system in place to make an official complaint, anonymously, about a mod. Why not? I think it would be a good change.
    Start a thread and outline your reasons on why Moderator _____________ should be stripped and/or banned. Anyways, the moderating staff on here is pretty good compared to... other forums.

8. JC
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 00:46:39

I dunno about a possible system that could strip us of our powers, but if you have a complaint with any one of us...just flat out tell us. If I think the complaint is reasonable I would gladly change what I'm doing if possible; or at least I'll explain to you why I did what I did. Let's work on constructive criticism and improving the current mods rather than just kicking mods out? It's always difficult to find a sufficient amount of good active mods... so decreasing moderating manpower isn't really the preferred thing to do.

9. itzDaKine
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 19:53:56

ya.... these moderators are way better than other forum sites! theyre actually reasonable and give warnings to flaming and other chizz. besides youve been for a little more than month so try to give this Mod a chance. people may seem like dicks at first but you just gotta realize... Nothing Personal:D

10. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:12:29

I hate all mods except for jc

11. strat1227
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:14:00

Way to be constructive.

12. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:20:10

Why thank you =]

13. Raos
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:40:20

Breezy wrote: Why thank you =]
    i wouldve been a good one, a one that he would like.

14. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:42:28

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: i wouldve been a good one, a one that he would like.
    I believe u, we need better moderators. Ones that are less likely to suck Dick.

15. Raos
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:46:20

Breezy wrote: I believe u, we need better moderators. Ones that are less likely to suck Dick.
    the moderators do a lot for us, they keep the forums running, clean and organized, you can't really flame them for that. Sure maybe they don't really do anything now, that might be because there isn't a lot of major things that needs to be done. Without them, we wouldn't even be on his site. Don't flame, protest and complain peacefully.

16. strat1227
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 22:11:43

He's upset because I deleted some spam of his, it'll pass.

17. Raos
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 23:23:36

strat1227 wrote: He's upset because I deleted some spam of his, it'll pass.
    spam should be deleted

18. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 13:19:42

strat1227 wrote: He's upset because I deleted some spam of his, it'll pass.
    If that was the fact, wouldn't I only have mentioned you?

19. strat1227
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 16:42:54

No, it's a pretty common reaction to being upset, if one thing happens that someone doesn't like then it snowballs in their mind and turns into a much bigger deal than it actually is and they end up blaming everyone In any case, asking for moderators who don't "suck dick" won't help us much in the evaluation process, so if you actually wanted anything to change you'd give real critique instead of infantile insults

20. King
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 18:12:23

I <3 the mods... But that might be because I have no reason to hate them or even dislike them. From what i see, the keep the forums clean and are active enough to see bad things happen. Although, the Wiki and some threads with tutorials and other things could be updated. But srs tho. Mods r kewl.

21. Cloud
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 19:26:12

now im just curious... do moderators take things personally? like if i spam, flame, post in the wrong part ect. would you hate me for it? or would you be like eh that stupid...DELETE. just curious, since i feel really bad when my stuff gets deleted for whatever reasons... Eso just deleted a comment without stating a reason at all...

22. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 19:34:02

strat1227 wrote: No, it's a pretty common reaction to being upset, if one thing happens that someone doesn't like then it snowballs in their mind and turns into a much bigger deal than it actually is and they end up blaming everyone In any case, asking for moderators who don't "suck dick" won't help us much in the evaluation process, so if you actually wanted anything to change you'd give real critique instead of infantile insults
    you want critique?

23. Cloud
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 19:40:19

@Breezy well obviously, if you are gonna complain you should at least add some sort of intelligent critique "instead of infantile insults" besides, 38 posts per day is spam.

24. Raos
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 23:04:47

Cloud wrote: now im just curious... do moderators take things personally? like if i spam, flame, post in the wrong part ect. would you hate me for it? or would you be like eh that stupid...DELETE. just curious, since i feel really bad when my stuff gets deleted for whatever reasons... Eso just deleted a comment without stating a reason at all...
    well they can take it as that Im not doing a good job and that can affect moderators

25. Colin
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 02:08:26

:rofl: this thread edit: But I think Strat1227 should be banned. His screen name has t's AND 2 number 2's. there should never be a duplicate letter in a screename.

26. strat1227
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 02:25:34

@Colin at least my alt name isn't AnalWithUrChild.

27. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 04:54:44

Colin wrote: :rofl: this thread edit: But I think Strat1227 should be banned. His screen name has t's AND 2 number 2's. there should never be a duplicate letter in a screename.
    Oh shit.

28. Rapid
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 05:20:44

^ :rofl:

29. J74Q
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 13:52:42

Um... @shoeman1 how is telling someone "Hey Peace :D" and "I thought that is an rsvp* (or smth like that) counted as a Spam?

30. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 13:59:03

It's shoeman6, and it's not neccesary to create a new post to agree with someone and say "ok".

31. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 13:54:11

Umm, yeah I think i love all the mods too much.

32. Minlaotion
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 00:47:15

Some moderators are pretty good

33. iFL
    Date: Thu, Dec 1 2011 08:21:53

LOL! The mods in UPSB are awesome. If you know them it's awesomex2. btw the mods were chosen by votes. If other people likes them, he wont be strip off his powers just because of one particular people complaining.

34. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Dec 1 2011 09:47:01

I might just be really dumb but... who are you talking to?..... Frog~

iFL wrote: LOL! The mods in UPSB are awesome. If you know them it's awesomex2. btw the mods were chosen by votes. If other people likes them, he wont be strip off his powers just because of one particular people complaining.

35. iFL
    Date: Thu, Dec 1 2011 11:24:14

FrogPrinceXD wrote: I might just be really dumb but... who are you talking to?..... Frog~
    Ermm. To the thread starter.?

36. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:16:43

Check the date when he did that post. Come on fingerlessboy... Seriously? You disappoint me. :facepalm: Frog~

iFL wrote: Ermm. To the thread starter.?

37. iFL
    Date: Thu, Dec 1 2011 12:22:42

FrogPrinceXD wrote: Check the date when he did that post. Come on fingerlessboy... Seriously? You disappoint me. :facepalm: Frog~
    Ok man! Sry. :trollface:

38. Alex
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 22:18:27

Some of the Moderators suck,but its only a few of them . Most of them are great and they have been very helpful to me im new to this website and most have been very helpful and have helped me learn about this website.

39. kaku
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 23:02:07

K, so if a moderator doesn't help you, they suck. You have 6 posts, and I doubt you've interacted with all of the mods. You can't judge someone if you've never talked to them. That's like meeting half a basketball team and saying 1 or 2 people on the whole team are friendly.

40. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 23:21:57

123123 wrote: Some of the Moderators suck,but its only a few of them . Most of them are great and they have been very helpful to me im new to this website and most have been very helpful and have helped me learn about this website. For example....If kaiwen is very good at being a moderator because he has answered all of my questions and has helped me with all my problems
    Thanks for opening up an ancient thread.

41. Furloy
    Date: Mon, Mar 19 2012 23:30:13

Lol while this is up I might as well say I have never had a problem with a mod here. All the ones I've talked to or interacted with are totally nice. When I was new, I made a thread or two on stuff that I now know didn't need a new thread and was pissed when they got closed. I didnt see what I did wrong. But now I know that they just did their job, nothing really to complain about.

42. funnky
    Date: Wed, Mar 21 2012 03:51:24

strat is like only mod i have had problems with hahahah but i was fun same with errior he a fag.

43. Sc00t
    Date: Thu, Mar 22 2012 22:41:45

i have problems with most of the mods because it's my fault and i cause problems. but they have the hammer and all i have is a rubber chicken. i feel this battle is unwinnable can i have a hammer too

44. Average
    Date: Tue, Apr 3 2012 13:06:03

There was an abuse of mod power due to changing my name without request. I request whoever switched my name be found out and relieved of moderator duties. ~Awesome

45. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Apr 3 2012 13:33:09

Awesome wrote: There was an abuse of mod power due to changing my name without request. I request whoever switched my name be found out and relieved of moderator duties. ~Awesome
    April fools fail.

46. Fuse
    Date: Fri, Apr 6 2012 11:53:46

@Awesome, just an April Fool's joke.. would you rather have strict, boring mods or mods that have fun and joke around?

47. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Apr 6 2012 13:20:05

I was joking about the punishment, but I did want my name changed back.

Fuse wrote: @Awesome, just an April Fool's joke.. would you rather have strict, boring mods or mods that have fun and joke around?

48. Epic Holiday
    Date: Fri, Jul 13 2012 20:30:03

Well. the user Theaafg posted a lot of my personal information without my authorization. Started flaming my person and stuff like that. And what It seems to be is that he is immune to be mod. or a mod unbanned him. Well, I should add that he said I have no Life because I have more games played than him in League of Legends, completly on topic.

49. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Sat, Jul 14 2012 14:00:03

Epic Holiday wrote: Well. the user Theaafg posted a lot of my personal information without my authorization. Started flaming my person and stuff like that. And what It seems to be is that he is immune to be mod. or a mod unbanned him. Well, I should add that he said I have no Life because I have more games played than him in League of Legends, completly on topic.
    You should have just reported him for posting you information wherever he posted it, and just pretend like nothing happened. Instead, you did what most people do and start stating rules that the other end has broken which could be perceived as spam since everyone should know the rules. And it's your fault for cursing out at an admin which got you banned, but in your defense strat was being a little bit of a dick from the evidence provided SO ITS EVERYONE'S FAULT

50. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 04:22:11

hahaha strat is such a douche bag in PMs

51. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Sun, Jul 15 2012 04:26:44

^He said spam was a "weak ass reason to report a shout" although Boxxy kindof is spamming sb whenever he is on... Also, I think @Fruity McGayCakes

52. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 03:45:47

lol more weak ass shit, didn't even touch your name, QQ more

53. Alex
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 04:19:12

I laughed so hard :D But I dont know why you guys are complaining :facepalm: just let it go....

MightAsWellGG wrote: Apology for double post but this is a bit unrelated @Fruity McGayCakes

54. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 04:21:56

lol yup, rees requested joke name change while he DJ'd, i did it for about 1 hour then changed it back, clearly that negatively effects you :rolleyes: just digging for reasons to complain

55. Alex
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 04:28:36

Im still laughing man :lol:

strat1227 wrote: lol yup, rees requested joke name change while he DJ'd, i did it for about 1 hour then changed it back, clearly that negatively effects you :rolleyes: just digging for reasons to complain

56. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Wed, Jul 18 2012 18:21:01

Touch my name then, TOUCH IT

57. iodu10w10
    Date: Fri, Sep 21 2012 22:47:38

Being 100 percent honests (Im not naming any names out of fear) Ive seen moderators doing things I know people have been banned for, alot. Theres really an element of hypocrascy when it comes to being banned by certian moderators.

58. strat1227
    Date: Fri, Sep 21 2012 22:51:05

iodu10w10 wrote: Being 100 percent honests (Im not naming any names out of fear) Ive seen moderators doing things I know people have been banned for, alot. Theres really an element of hypocrascy when it comes to being banned by certian moderators.
    Lol.

59. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 03:03:56

iodu10w10 wrote: Being 100 percent honests (Im not naming any names out of fear) Ive seen moderators doing things I know people have been banned for, alot. Theres really an element of hypocrascy when it comes to being banned by certian moderators.
    You do understand that your post means nothing, right? You expect things to change but nothing can let alone will change because nobody knows who or what you're talking about.

60. iodu10w10
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 17:09:50

yup ur pretty much right

61. Tetsip
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 01:49:11

i have no idea what this even says. i cant speak this english

62. Kari
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 16:18:51

iodu10w10 wrote: yup ur pretty much right
    So what's your reason for complaining about it? Normally people would complain hoping something would change.

63. iodu10w10
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 23:03:48

strat1227: i'll fuck you till you love me faggot

64. Kari
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 23:50:32

iodu10w10 wrote: strat1227: i'll fuck you till you love me faggot
    Do you really believe that is ban worthy? Besides, I was there for that conversation and no feeling got hurt seeing as how they were just messing around. And another thing... I've seen worse. I've been told worse. Are you just mad because you got banned? Oh sorry, not you, your other account? It's in the rules that you can't create multiple accounts. That issues you a ban. So in my mind, you are at fault. You really shouldn't try to drag other people down with you. That's just childish.

65. Demon
    Date: Tue, Sep 25 2012 11:24:25

:facepalm:

66. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Sep 25 2012 14:28:15

[wyoutube]cROJW9Jn3ds[/wyoutube] I guess we have to ban mike tyson since it was actually him that said it

67. iodu10w10
    Date: Tue, Sep 25 2012 21:52:18

Kari wrote: Do you really believe that is ban worthy? Besides, I was there for that conversation and no feeling got hurt seeing as how they were just messing around. And another thing... I've seen worse. I've been told worse. Are you just mad because you got banned? Oh sorry, not you, your other account? It's in the rules that you can't create multiple accounts. That issues you a ban. So in my mind, you are at fault. You really shouldn't try to drag other people down with you. That's just childish.
    yawn. i was told that the median age for peopl on this board is 13. there are obviously people younger on this board, and while that is not ban worthy.......... i definately dnt think it should be encouraged. Just to clarify i honestly dnt give a crap about mods doing stuff like that.

68. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Sep 25 2012 22:07:37

iodu10w10 wrote: yawn. i was told that the median age for peopl on this board is 13. there are obviously people younger on this board, and while that is not ban worthy.......... i definately dnt think it should be encouraged. Just to clarify i honestly dnt give a crap about mods doing stuff like that.
    Then get out of this thread and drop it. Seriously, if you don't have anything to say, DON'T POST. That's called spam, and unlike everything you've posted here, that IS against the rules. Last warning.

69. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Sep 26 2012 00:49:48

iodu10w10 wrote: yawn. i was told that the median age for peopl on this board is 13. there are obviously people younger on this board, and while that is not ban worthy.......... i definately dnt think it should be encouraged. Just to clarify i honestly dnt give a crap about mods doing stuff like that.
    The rules clearly outline our policy on swear words. Please be accustomed to our policies and be aware that it may differ from your experience with other boards.