UPSB v4

General Discussion / Open Source Video Editing software: Lightworks Beta

1. k-ryder
    Date: Sun, Mar 20 2011 23:42:06

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/ Apparently, this was a high-end film editing suite which has turned open source As opposed to the free software, which has been cut down to limited features, Lightworksbeta is the real deal, but now open source From the looks of the screenshots, the interface looks really clean, much akin to Avid's interface. Supports real-time effects, colour correction, rotoscoping, essentially everything you would need from any NLE system I haven't had the opportunity to try it, since i am on a mac laptop, but i would like to hear from someone experienced in film editing (primarily actual short movies etc. not ps collabs) using either avid or FCP, to give me some feedback on it As for the rest of the budding ps collab editors, try it out as well, i'm not sure if it has particle effects akin to AE included in the suite, but anyone who is quite serious on getting a good editing system for their editing of collabs, lightworks could be a nice tool. With my experience of Avid, i think getting started in Lightworks may take some time, and tutorials may be needed. Re-iterating what i've said in some other threads about video editing for ps collabs, a good editing suite doesn't automatically make your collabs better. If you know how to edit properly, WMM will give you a pretty clean looking collab. However, if you can edit properly, but you feel limited by WMM or other free software, Lightworks could be a serious alternative to pirating Vegas.

2. LIMIT
    Date: Mon, Mar 21 2011 02:32:27

let see if this application have some goodstuff in it^^