UPSB v4

Battlezone / UPSB Tournament R3 RESULTS OUT!

1. Jamie Enns
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 04:14:37

Mage In Black vs Hippo2626 WINNER = [B]Mage In Black (3/3)[/B]

Spoiler Both of these combos had some pretty big execution problems but would both have been very nice had they been performed better. Hippo2626 as always bringing with his creativity a ton of interesting stuff such as the seasick, pass-like sequence at around 8 seconds. Mage in Black had some very difficult tricks and 1p2h, but stumbled with his last transfer. Although he had that stumble, Mage in Black's execution was a bit better than Hippo's because it was overall more consistent and that gives him, albeit barely, the upperhand. ---> Mage in Black Hippo2626 had some nifty linkages, really cool ones. Mage In Black had the appeal and the difficulty. Both had execution flaws, but Hippo's were too big :( both good combos and spinners, but for this round specifically, I'd say winner = Mage In Black. I was really dissapointed with Hippo2626's this was probably the combo I was looking forward to most in this round. You can only go so far with crazy awesome linkages sometimes you have to take a step back and smooth them out until you can go forward again, but seriously keep this style I love it. On the other hand I liked Mage In Black's video way better than his round 1 video, even though there were a few slip ups the over all combo was way better. Winner Mage In Black.
    iColor vs Pudels Kern WINNER = [B]Pudels Kern (3/3)[/B]
    Spoiler Where do I begin with this battle... two very awesome spinners. First iColor has awesome smoothness and great style, I love how well it flows except it was broken at the end there and things were kind of repeated, but seriously awesome combo. Unfortunately he was up against Pudels Kern, in my opinion one of the best spinners in the world currently. This combo was ridiculous, however I am taking note of the unsmooth parts in the beginning but I really can't focus on anything but the insane Inverse Neobak 1.5's like.... what? If iColor didn't mess up on his finisher then I would have to give it to him but because of that plus the repetitive nature of the combo I'm giving it to Pudels. Winner Pudels Kern. iColor's combo was one of the best I've seen from him, but Pudels Kern's difficulty and linkages were on a different level from iColor's. ---> Pudels Kern iColor vs Pudels Kern iColor had a weak ending and too much spam between his cool mini combos. Pudels Kern has such a unique and original style + trick set that with his execution, he simply trumps iColor and makes his combo look half as good as it actually is. Winner = Pudels Kern .
    Twine vs. SPRiNGFiELD WINNER = [B]Twine (3/3)[/B]
    Spoiler I feel as if I've seen better from both. SPRiNGFiELD has his style down with maybe a few too many charges. His combo started strong with the first 5 seconds and has another high point from 0:19 to 0:21 but the rest of the combo seemed like more of the same and spamish. Twine also starts strong with the first 5 seconds swell but then continues into some great around linkages. Twines left hand/bad transition was a big let down but he surprisingly enough pulled off a great finish. I'd say both spinners can do better (and shorter) combos, but I'll give it to Twine for the difficulty and variety. Winner = Twine. Twine had better linkages and difficulty overall, even though his left hand spinning was a bit superfluous. Also, SPRiNGFiELD's combo dragged a bit which again gives Twine the advantage. ---> Twine I actually really liked this combo from Twine there wasn't really anything I saw wrong with this combo, nice difficulty, linkages, pace, smoothness. Everything about it just felt good.SPRiNGFiELD's combo was okay, seems to be the "meh" combo of this round, felt repetitive, not too much difficulty, you get the idea. Winner Twine.
    Gland vs Tomohiro WINNER = [B]Gland[/B]
    [B][SIZE="6"]SEMI FINALS[/SIZE][/B] click for countdown --> [SIZE="4"]DUE DATE: SATURDAY, MARCH 26th, 11:59 PM, CST[/SIZE] <-- click for countdown -----SEMI FINALS DRAW----- @Gland

2. Twine
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 04:21:30

@Mage In Black DDDD: My hardest battle EVER. You win >.<

3. iColor
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 04:24:55

Haha, good luck Pudels Kern. You deserve to win. As a newbie spinner, I've found this experience to be great and I am glad to have battled such amazing spinners.

4. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 04:43:13

Oh my lord, Twine vs Charlie :O. Epic battles now. :bowdown: Pudels.

5. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 04:51:34

@Mage In Black All the best to you in the next 2 round. Hope to see some epic battles! @all the other participants Thanks for participating!! Edit: If I forgot anyone else, thanks to you too!

6. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 04:52:45

good luck ppl

7. Escorpio123
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 05:11:13

Hippo2626 wrote: @Mage In Black All the best to you in the next 2 round. Hope to see some epic battles! @all the other participants Thanks for participating!! Edit: If I forgot anyone else, thanks to you too!
    Wow, those were such nice words man, I wish I could have said all that earlier. :rolleyes: :bowdown: thanks for being so awesome ;).

8. Gland
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 08:21:00

Omg it's gonna be a mission (im)possible for me to face @Jamie Enns and all judges :)

9. Mage In Black
    Date: Tue, Mar 15 2011 08:40:20

I'm surprised I won actually... But it was a great battle. GG Hippo :D. I like your "farewell" post. Looking forward to my next battle with twine. I'll hopefully get a better video in this time with spring break coming up and all.

10. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Mar 16 2011 01:58:55

great round guys. best of luck this round. especially be keeping an eye on mib vs Twine. Will be amazing

11. Twine
    Date: Fri, Mar 18 2011 02:54:40

Not bragging or anything but I have planned out the sickest combo I have ever done ^.^ Now I've got to film it ._________. so many hard links lol

12. Jamie Enns
    Date: Fri, Mar 18 2011 03:53:46

Twine wrote: Not bragging or anything but I have planned out the sickest combo I have ever done ^.^ Now I've got to film it ._________. so many hard links lol
    I hope everyone has that same mentality this round ^^

13. LIMIT
    Date: Sat, Mar 19 2011 14:27:49

goodluck GLAND :) i know you can do it^^

14. Twine
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 01:31:58

[video=youtube;UNaZZj6Y8B0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNaZZj6Y8B0[/video] Enjoy :D

15. Mage In Black
    Date: Sat, Mar 26 2011 02:15:22

@Twine Damn. Very nice. Best I've seen from you up to date. I'll try to pull something out that can compete with that. Charging my batteries right now. I'll film in a few hours. May the best spinner win.

16. Gland
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 00:22:03

here is gland's combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7R088Lm-g and pudels kern http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDAjSoE0hY :o

17. Rapid
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 02:55:46

goodluck people!

18. Mage In Black
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 03:08:53

I'm still trying to decide which vid to submit. >.<

19. Gland
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 10:23:23

@Mage In Black you didn't upload the vid? the deadline has passed :/

20. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:03:43

All the best guys!! @Gland, MIB did submit but it's unlisted.