UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / DragonFly Mod & writer DFM

1. Hybrya
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 09:35:23

Post by TinTin109(FPSB member) on UPSB V3 Thank's to Vôre-tèx for tradution
    [SIZE="5"][B]Hello everybody ! =D[/B][/SIZE]
    Today, I present you a beautiful mod, a mix between the Badtzu Mx and the Near Mx. It has been created by Hybrya, of FPSB : The DragonFly Mod (Mod by Hybrya, Montage by Croquette, of FPSB.)
    Name : DragonFly Mod COG : Center of pen Length : 20,5 / 21 cm Weight : 13gr Style : Single Sided Writing mechanism : / Ink-type : / Estimated-Cost : $10/$12 Materials list: -2 Flexgrip ultra (body) ; -1 RSVP (grip + cap) ; -1 empty ink cartridge or a lead pencil ; -1 Unibal Signo (cap) (See here.) ; -1 Hybrid Gel Grip (tip) ; -1 or 2 Pilot G2 (grips) ; -Another RSVP’s grip (Or HGG, but that's not better, and you must cut the grip) (Attention on colors, it’s to make keep heading of the RSVP’s cap) ; -1 Criterium bic matic (tip). [SIZE="4"][B]1°/ The before part :[/B][/SIZE] 1- Take the Signo's cap, then has the help of a stalk in metal, push the sort of backcap of the hood to make it go away. 2- Seize up with it the first one RSVP's grip, then that of G2 cut in 2/3 of the part smooth this part may be so long (good luck ) (you can soap signo cap). 3- Push the criterium's tip in the signo's cap, then push it with the system of cliquage of G2 which you will leave inside. 4- Add stripes in front of the Flexgrip's body, then push the Signo's cap on the body and screw the HGG's tip on the criterium's tip. [SIZE="4"][B]2°/ The body :[/B][/SIZE] 1- Take Flexgrips Ultra and remove tips and back part. 2- Cut one of both Flexgrip at the level of the last one stripe, perfectly STRAIGHT AHEAD. 3- Cut the second body of FlexGrip at the level of his last one stripe and by means of a lead pencil/color or an empty ink cardridge, made hold both bodies together. [SIZE="4"][B]3°/ The Back Part :[/B][/SIZE] 1-Take RSVP's grip or HGG's grip and place it behind the mod. 2-Put the RSVP’s cap by the top of RSVP’s or HGG’s grip (here, I used a cap of some felt-tip). 3- Add grip's stripes on the body, add of the patafix or a HGG's tip to balance the mod. Here is a beautiful DragonFly Mod ! [SIZE="4"][B]Advantages :[/B][/SIZE] -FlexGrip’s body :wub:; -Beautiful mod Ü ; -Surface of spin is variable ; -A lot of available colors ! Flexgrips Ultra can be fake with Flexgrips Elite, and you can use Color RSVPs ! [SIZE="4"][B]Inconvenience :[/B][/SIZE] -A bit hard to make this mod (mostly for put the RSVP's grip on Signo's cap. ^^''). Now, some photos: Franss mod Zanshi mod Tintin109 mod And just for fun, my Mini DragonFly Mod: Nice, isn't it?^^ Thanks to Croquette <3, for the montage ; Thanks to Vôre-Tèx and tintin109, for the post on UPSB V3 and the traduction which that has required ; And, thanks to everyone who helped me, in modding this mod or not. A version of this mod which writing exist (and others) ! For see it, you can gohere. French tutorial. Every verisions of this mod are on the link. (include the MiniFly Mod) Bye! ;D

2. Cooper
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 09:42:13

fix layout pics all over the place D:

3. sarugio
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 09:56:29

in step 3 i saw a blue thing look like a stylus. what's that?

4. Biji
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:29:23

I think it's the bic matic criterium (mp) tip

5. Skynti
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:47:26

Biji wrote: I think it's the bic matic criterium (mp) tip
    And you're right ;)

6. devaa
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:47:44

its look like a bic stic grip ? the blue one

7. chris
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:59:38

Cooper wrote: fix layout pics all over the place D:
    please do it fast.

8. Hybrya
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 15:51:36

That's okay ;) It's my first post on UPSB, so I will learn how thats works most quikly I can^^ I'm sorry for my bad English --' (I hope y can understand me^^)

9. Biji
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 16:22:59

2-Put the RSVP’s cap by the top of RSVP’s or HGG’s grip (here, I used a cap of some felt-tip).
    What cap did you use? It looks like those stabilo markers (les feutres ronds :O)

10. Neko
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 17:12:22

ugly mod ^^

11. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 17:46:18

honestly the front is a lot shorter than the back which gives it an unbalanced look. doesnt look like a lot of spinning space and the rsvp grips around such a large barrel make thr front looks fat as opposed to the thr skinner back

12. ChiefSnake
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 18:07:35

Might not looks so great in the front, but it spins good. I love the barrel. Feels amazing. Plus, mine has a good spinning effect, so that's cool.

13. Skynti
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 18:22:10

Neko wrote: ugly mod ^^
    If you will say Ugly, please give arguments, or you will be ridiculous, seriously. @Biji This is an Esquisse cap, the same as S777 Mx. You can use a RSVP Grip or a HGG Grip to make a substitute, Zanshi do it, as you can see in his picture :).

14. asdfcrow
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 18:26:07

i don't really see why you needed to make another tutorial when you had recently just made a tutorial on v3.

15. Neko
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 16:45:12

Ok some arguements. The front looks like grip spaming and i don´t grip spaming. What i also do not like is the flexgrip body.It looks not good and the spinning is bad, too. And the mod is for a sc mod a bit 2 long. I just like 19-20 cm for a sc.

16. sarugio
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 19:06:29

Biji wrote: What cap did you use? It looks like those stabilo markers (les feutres ronds :O)
    i would rather use that stabillo marker caps for s777 mx than this mod

17. ChiefSnake
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 22:01:21

Neko wrote: Ok some arguements. What i also do not like is the flexgrip body ... the spinning is bad
    Have you made this mod or spun it?

18. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Jun 28 2010 22:07:22

well you have to remember that not everyone will like this mod's weight, not everyone will agree on its aesthetic appeal, not everyone will enjoy its spinnability as much as you.

19. Neko
    Date: Tue, Jun 29 2010 18:36:49

ChiefSnake wrote: Have you made this mod or spun it?
    No i have not made it. And i did not spin it. But i hate flexgrip bodies and this mod does not look good. I think a MX looks better :)

20. Hybrya
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 09:01:16

A lot a people on fpsb would rather DFM than RSVP MX... And yes, this mod isn't realy nice, but it is good to spin.

21. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 20:39:18

Well that's fpsb and this is upsb.

22. Hybrya
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 16:55:38

I know, I know... But please, try to mod it. It isn't required a lot of pens. Maybe you don't like the look of this mod, but I say it again, I love it spin. Good bye.

23. Simplex
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 18:08:06

i dont know why everyone is so against this? lmao tbh i love flexgrip bodies :P and i really like the looks of this pen there are so many cool colour combos that could be made. nice job man^^

24. Archermitch
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 21:11:30

Wow, looks pretty sweet.

25. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Jul 22 2010 14:20:18

looks cool.. i think you should present with black body, will look better imo. orange and grey can conflict. in terms of spin, i will try it. ;]

26. xzekle
    Date: Sat, Nov 27 2010 00:22:55

Never found a good use for flex grip bodies, now i found one ^^ Could u clarify how to connect the barrels and where i should cut the second part? Kind of confused :/ well anyway, will try it out sounds nice