UPSB v4

Off-topic / SOTW #39 Storm

1. KTrinh93
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 23:58:35

This week's SOTW is @Storm =D Well, I've been spinning since January 1st, 2008 - so a little over 3 years. I guess it first started out around October in 2007 when I found JapEn 1st, still one of my favorite collabs to this day. Thought it was interesting, but I was too busy stealing candy from kids and getting presents over that winter to really do anything towards starting. New Years rolled around and I decided to start that day. Thought it'd be cool, now it just serves as an easy way to measure how long I've been spinning. I spun with a lot of personal mods, usually double eraser-sided pencils with ball bearings held where the eraser would normally be. I guess the correct term would be "baton"? So a year plus a few months passed and apparently this kid who goes by "K. Trinh" at school started spinnin' since he saw me spinning in the hallways. Since then I've been just as I am, really inactive but always spinning in the shadows. Out of my spinning life, I have a girlfriend. I've been accepted to Arizona State University (I'm a senior at the moment) and am probably going there or the University of Denver Colorado if my letter of repeal got through to them. I have various areas on the internet where I like to hang around. http://www.youtube.com/user/stormcannon1 http://stormcannon1.deviantart.com/ http://www.facebook.com/stormcannon1 Hobbies, favorite foods, other such questions shall commence now. *sits upon his throne*

2. Riley
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 00:10:51

Since your name is Storm, which do prefer? Rain, thunder, tsunami, tornado, or blizzard?

3. AWtii69
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 00:17:28

storm or you is going to ASU? i live near there! @KTrinh93

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 00:18:34

AWtii69 wrote: storm or you is going to ASU?
    This is Storm's bio for SOTW. I just posted it because I was last week's SOTW.

5. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 00:37:03

what do you plan on becoming? as in career favourite food? favourite mod? why do you wear that rings? I have always wondered what do you usually do when you are bored?

6. AWtii69
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 00:52:52

KTrinh93 wrote: This is Storm's bio for SOTW. I just posted it because I was last week's SOTW.
    ok thanks, whats SOTW mean? wheres yours, i wanna read that...

7. iBlameLag
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 00:59:28

@AWtii69 I think it's: Spinner Of The Week

8. AWtii69
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 01:03:27

@Spartan thank that seems right cant belive i didnt realize, i feel stupid

9. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 01:06:48

Riley;73737]Since your name is Storm, which do prefer? Rain, thunder, tsunami, tornado, or blizzard?[/QUOTE] Blizzards. I hate getting wet so rain's a "no", thunder is just the noise (although if you had said Lightning, I would've chose that instead), tsunamis are depressing, and tornados are boring. If you're going to destroy something, do it with explosions damn it. [QUOTE=TheAafg wrote: what do you plan on becoming? as in career favourite food? favourite mod? why do you wear that rings? I have always wondered what do you usually do when you are bored?
    I'm planning on going into Game Design. The art, programming, designing, everything, I want to do it all. It's not the best career path, nor is it the easiest by a long-shot, but it's enjoyable and going into an occupation I enjoy is for the best. If not that, then I'll get into Nano-electronics. I know Japan is real savvy with this stuff, so maybe I'll intern out there some time. Favorite food is tough. I love Sushi of all kinds (especially the "Dragon Roll"), the Ramen I had in Japan was absolutely delicious (the REAL stuff!!), French Onion Soup, or my mom's special "Curry-Flavored Beef." Can't beat home cooking. Favorite mod is my personal mod. Personal mods are the best mods. The ring I wear I got in Japan. It was a summer exchange-program where a bunch of us traveled over and lived there for a few weeks. The ring's a memento to that trip and the trip I first met my girlfriend. She was one of us USA students that went over. When I'm bored I usually sit on my computer all day (I do this even when I'm not bored) and play League of Legends. Occasionally Minecraft, but I've been playing that since mid-2010, so it's losing its fun. The new updates from time to time is great though~ Surf the web. Skype with my friends. Normal stuff. I play a bunch of other games too. A BUNCH.

10. miyat
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 01:12:03

Why are you so awesome?

11. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 01:26:42

Why did you change your profile picture? Dont you like to watch Angel Beats? *Whimpers in fury*

12. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 01:27:29

you want to go into game designing and stuff? :O thats impressive. I also want to do something involving games lol ^_^ but I still haven't figured everything out :( do you still seriously practice ps? did your gf ever have a problem with you spinning? how much money did you spend assembling your computer? do you have a job?

13. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 02:15:30

here, this might be relevant to you: http://www.squidi.net/three/index.php I also recommend you start playing modern board games and learn how to design them, its closely related to video games. I am also very interested in game design, but more as thinking about mechanics. You might remember my "Pen Spinning Stars" game but it kinda failed lol

14. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 02:21:52

miyat;73757]Why are you so awesome?[/QUOTE] 'cause I made your sig. Chicks dig photoshoppers. [QUOTE=Jazz;73760]Why did you change your profile picture? Dont you like to watch Angel Beats? *Whimpers in fury*[/QUOTE] I do not watch Angel Beats anymore. I'm not even sure if Season 2 came out yet. I do still watch anime though. [QUOTE=TheAafg wrote: you want to go into game designing and stuff? :O thats impressive. I also want to do something involving games lol ^_^ but I still haven't figured everything out :( do you still seriously practice ps? did your gf ever have a problem with you spinning? how much money did you spend assembling your computer? do you have a job?
    Yes I'm still serious about ps. For me though I simply keep spinning and cool linkages come naturally, so it's more of a passive seriousness. My girlfriend thinks it's "cute," lol. Why would she have a problem? If you're spinning so much that you aren't prioritizing her, then you're a terrible bf, haha. And if you have a competition or something and you need some time to yourself to film and she gets mad, then she's a terrible gf, lol. With some savings (and by forfeiting any Christmas gifts + Birthday gifts), it all totaled to $2000. I'm very proud of this thing and I love it (although an SD card reader would be nice, how could I forget such a thing, haha...). I do not have an occupation but I'm planning on getting one this summer once I've moved to Minnesota.

15. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 02:24:06

Zombo wrote: here, this might be relevant to you: http://www.squidi.net/three/index.php I also recommend you start playing modern board games and learn how to design them, its closely related to video games. I am also very interested in game design, but more as thinking about mechanics. You might remember my "Pen Spinning Stars" game but it kinda failed lol
    Oh cool, thanks Zombo. :O Looks really interesting, I'll browse through it. And sure thing with the board games. I've always loved making my own board games as a kid, I should pick that hobby up again, haha.

16. spinneraddiction
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 02:26:57

Why so pro? <3

17. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 02:31:58

spinneraddiction wrote: Why so pro? <3
    Why s- JESUS CHRIST YOUR SIG IS HUGE... And I'm not that great, haha. Just smooth.

18. Ohayo
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 03:43:33

favorite video game? would you like a new stealth champ in League of legends?

19. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 04:24:10

Storm wrote: Oh cool, thanks Zombo. :O Looks really interesting, I'll browse through it. And sure thing with the board games. I've always loved making my own board games as a kid, I should pick that hobby up again, haha.
    i will give you board games recommendations if you need them, the staple modern game is Settlers of Catan. look at the board game thread. u can play on iphone. Small world is pretty good also on iPad.

20. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 05:09:02

Ohayo;73808]favorite video game? would you like a new stealth champ in League of legends?[/QUOTE] Nocturne isn't stealth, haha. It's the opposite, instead of hiding himself, he blinds the enemy. xD Anyways, his ulti is OP and if one gets fed you will NEVER escape (with his Q, the mini-ghost). His damage will be meganerfed though, so I doubt he'll be anything higher than upper tier. Not pro tier, but upper tier tops. He'd work well with champions like Jarvan. He ulti's in and then Jarvan ulti's someone to not only isolate their vision, but to eliminate escape. Great way to pick off that ONE person who's carrying the entire other team. [QUOTE=Zombo wrote: i will give you board games recommendations if you need them, the staple modern game is Settlers of Catan. look at the board game thread. u can play on iphone. Small world is pretty good also on iPad.
    Ah yes, I've heard of SoC. A while ago, actually. Didn't you recommend it yourself or something?

21. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 05:14:50

pc, xbox or ps3? you better pick pc....

22. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 06:04:38

What do you think about Jarvan IV? I heard he can go through walls..

23. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 14:26:08

TheAafg;73840]pc, xbox or ps3? you better pick pc....[/QUOTE] Of course I'd pick PC gaming. The others are simply worse. [QUOTE=Jazz wrote: What do you think about Jarvan IV? I heard he can go through walls..
    With his Demacian Standard => Dragon Strike, yes he can. Makes for great getaways. He's a good character but I haven't seen many people use him properly. He's a 1v1 champ so if you're alone, run away. His ulti is so easy to escape. If you have ghost, you can simply run out of it. Blink moves, dash moves, all can escape Cataclysm. Although early game he's a beast. Easy harassment with Dragon Strike and a knock up with the Demacian Standard => Dragon Strike rules. Put him with Alistar or Cho'Gath and they'll be airborne all day. He's not good enough for team battles though. Again, he's a 1v1 champ. Kind of like a bulkier Poppy (I still prefer Poppy over him) and since he really can't do much to or for teams as a whole, I don't really like him. The whole "DEMACIAAAA!!" is hilarious though. A Demacian team with Galio, Garen, Lux, Jarvan IV, and Xin Zhao is actually very well balanced and can wreck many team compositions out there.

24. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 15:17:23

Storm wrote: Ah yes, I've heard of SoC. A while ago, actually. Didn't you recommend it yourself or something?
    hmm probably http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=2897

25. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 17:09:29

what languages can u speak? favorite book series? favorite pen trick? favorite fast food restaurant? favorite food? rice or noodle? favorite anime? favorite dramas? favorite tv series? favorite movie ? what genres of music do u like? whos ur favorite top 10 artists? favorite top 10 songs?

26. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 19:36:52

exclusive wrote: what languages can u speak? favorite book series? favorite pen trick? favorite fast food restaurant? favorite food? rice or noodle? favorite anime? favorite dramas? favorite tv series? favorite movie ? what genres of music do u like? whos ur favorite top 10 artists? favorite top 10 songs?
    I speak English fluently. I can understand Korean (and am able to read and write it) however speaking is difficult. And I studied Spanish for 3 years. Favorite book series is "The Inheritance Cycle." The series with Eragon and the rest of em. Favorite trick has to be... I don't have one. I did create "SEVEN's Pinky Reverse" before he did, except it went into a spider spin instead of catching it with your pinky. Too bad I didn't capitalize on that one. Not much for fast food. Subway, I guess, because my friend works there. I already answered favorite foods. ;P Depends. I love rice but depending on what the noodle is in then maybe noodle. For example, Ramen would make me prefer noodles. I love a lot of animes. However "To Aru Majutsu no Index" takes the cake by far. The second season rocks and the spin off season "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun." "Shinryaku! Ika Musume" was awesome. "K-On!" and "K-On!!" are both fantastic. Fun Fact: I have every Pokemon episode ever aired (including ones only aired in Japan) downloaded onto my D: drive. I never really realized how many episodes there are... =_=;; I don't watch dramas. Only anime. Drama could relate to romance, in which my favorite from the top of my head would be "Toradora!" I don't watch TV at all. Only anime. Refer to above for my favorite "TV Series." "Inception." "Wall-E." All of Miyazaki's films. And soon "Sucker Punch" will take my favorite spot. I'm definitely forgetting a lot of movies though. I simply love them all. Iron Man II, Tron, TOO MANY MOVIES. I'm into Touhou remixes, usually falling into Orchestral or Nu-Metal. Dubstep's pretty cool, but I just can't find the certain kind of it that I like (more Drumstep-ish). Definitely into "electronic" music. Not very into classical rock, country, rap, etc. Of course there are exceptions. Ezel-Ash, Various Videogame Artists, Ronald Jenkees, Hatsune Miku, etc. I don't really have artist preferences since I listen to such a broad base of music that it's hard to rate nor only pick out 10. Indie artists like Mayhem (particularly his "Kitsune^2" persona, who does 8-bit music), the Various Artists who created the Homestuck soundtrack, and many more artists no one has really heard of (Mirrored Theory, etc.). Top 10 songs (in no particular order): I'd love to put so many more songs, but I simply don't have the space... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AISjlp7mwvc Dubstep, dubstep, dubstep. This song DEFINES the genre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0MLscghcN4 My favorite favorite Megaman song remix. (Yes there are two "favorite"s in that sentence. Reread it, it will make sense.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21aifX0lZY SKRILLEX is awesome. One of the hardcore electronic bands I listen to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0MZ9ONxw4 Quite possibly the best opening music ever, imo. Capcom has some really talented music artists. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWutAX3CQcE Ronald Jenkees might look like the nerdiest guy in the history of ever but his songs are extremely fun to listen to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hlADpxjj0s I love Miku and all her songs. This one's just beautiful though. "Triple Baka" and "Disappearance of Hatsune Miku" are also favorites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-68qyWn5A Broadway is who I'd listen to when I'm in the screamo mood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8zEqMpFDj4 So eerie, so delicious. This is what I mean by epic orchestral. Sends chills up my spine every time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FnK6T9Wk8Y Ezel-Ash rocks my balls. Seriously. Great artist. http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/ All these songs. All of them. ::::]

27. casual
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 20:04:18

3 favorite spinners of all time?

28. OG
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 21:52:26

STARCRAFT?

29. Storm
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 22:42:30

casual;74056]3 favorite spinners of all time?[/QUOTE] Hard to say. I'm a man without favorites. However I do really like Kin, Vic, and... Scissor's as my top 3. Hard to pick a top 3 for Japanese spinners since my old favorites don't post much anymore and I don't know the new ones enough. But I still love JEB. KiRer could easily replace Scissor's or maybe Musashi... Mossan's pretty skilled... HRRNNGGHH... [QUOTE=OG wrote: STARCRAFT?
    No. Hell no. I'm Korean, but no. I play different kinds of video games.

30. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 05:15:51

This isn't meant to stir up hate and rivalry. I know you personally dislike korean idol groups, largely because you feel they are overrated. Are there any other reasons you feel this way? (I'm guessing you feel they lack true talent, but i'm just curious) Hopefully, you have figured that there is more to why i like some of these groups than just their popularity and looks :dunno:

31. Remorse
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 18:10:16

Top 10 Animu :3

32. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 20:32:40

What'd you get on the stat test? D:

33. sangara
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 20:42:25

Why did you change your name? Why do you like Kirby so much?

34. Storm
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 22:58:10

blahblahting;74285]This isn't meant to stir up hate and rivalry. I know you personally dislike korean idol groups, largely because you feel they are overrated. Are there any other reasons you feel this way? (I'm guessing you feel they lack true talent, but i'm just curious) Hopefully, you have figured that there is more to why i like some of these groups than just their popularity and looks :dunno:[/QUOTE] You know, I don't hate all idol groups. And I've looked into SNSD and all the groups you're all fanatic about, and I still just see girls popular only for their looks and dress. The choreography, really simple (yes, all of the choreography... I've seen their "hard moves" that people try to copy, not impressive). Their singing, not bad, but definitely not amazing. There's nothing else to them except for popularity. It's like CoD. There are unique traits that are commendable, but overall simply doesn't meet anything worth listening to. I'm sorry I listen to music for the music, not the singers. Even J-Pop groups, who also look VERY FINE, produce some great music that isn't simple pop chords spammed over a predictable, cliche beat. Now, if you guys liked some of the other genres of music Korea is famous for I would have some respect. [QUOTE=Remorse;74455]Top 10 Animu :3[/QUOTE] To Aru Majutsu no Index Toradora! K-On! Death Note Azumanga Daioh Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt I'll update this as I remember. I'm seriously blanking right now. [QUOTE=KTrinh93;74482]What'd you get on the stat test? D:[/QUOTE] I don't want to talk about it... Oh, and I definitely failed this one. I completely blanked on the stuff I should've known and the stuff I missed on Thursday, when I asked what we learned, they just said we reviewed. :I So I never learned it. Whatever. School's kicking my ass right now, haha. [QUOTE=sangara wrote: Why did you change your name? Why do you like Kirby so much?
    History of my username... Back when I was 7 years old, I made an account for Runescape Classic with "Stormcannon1" as my username. It stuck ever since. Now at the age of the mid to late teens, I find the name "Stormcannon1" lack-luster, thus I wanted to change it to "Storm." However it was taken back on the previous board by an inactive account. So I took the name of "Storm*4" in respect for spinners like "Zips*3." Now with the new UPSB, "Storm" was free, so I took it. I'm not into Kirby very much at all anymore. Although I did like him simply because I could draw him really, really well. Sorta made a name for myself on DeviantART as the "kirby-guru." More or less. Meh, more of a legacy than a liking.

35. Remorse
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 23:17:50

KEEIIIOONNN!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

36. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 23:24:29

I felt like she graded the tests wrong. I made sure I did everything correctly and somehow I got a whole 14 points off. [B]14 POINTS!!![/B] That doesn't happen to this Asian :emo: Did you know AT&T is offering free calls to Japan? I think. I think I read that one some geek news feed article :P