UPSB v4

General Discussion / Spinning with non dominant hand.

1. Mageta
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 20:18:19

I have never really been able to answer when people ask me if I am left or right handed, I know it sounds really strange. I write with my right hand but for some reason I just automatically do some things with my left hand I don't really think about it, it just happens that way, and I just happened to learn pen spinning on my left. I have been spinning for about 3-4 months and can do sonic rise, TA, TA rev and TA harmonic 5-20 times before dropping so I feel that's pretty smooth. I still drop the pen a lot and I guess i'm just wondering if I will progress a lot faster if I start training on what is probably my dominant right hand? Or will practice give the same results on both hands?

2. Olji
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 21:03:40

i guess you should aim on being ambidextrous, since you already have tendency for it what i understand, im training penspinning with my left hand every once in a while, can do most of the tricks i can with the right, except double infinity and longer, and the linkages isnt as smooth as when im using right, although they are'nt very smooth when im using right >.<

3. A.Sate
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 21:34:18

Just go with both of them! There is an increasing use of 1p2h, so you already have a head start.

4. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Mar 12 2011 21:48:31

penspinning is an activity where you get benefit for being able to do it on both hands train both of them like I did ;D