UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / [Guide] Deciever's Sonic

1. Evar678
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 18:43:21

Just some basic moves that look cool made by me. The Deciever's Sonic is a Combo in pen spinning that involves The sonic Normal, the Sonic Reverse, and the Charge. Deciever's Sonic Informal Notation Example: Sonic Regular 23-12 ~ Charge Normal 12-12 Sonic Regular 23-12 ~ Charge Normal 12-12 ~ Sonic Reverse 12-23 Guide: 1.A Sonic Normal is performed from the 23 slot. The pen should be held with the COP on the inside of the fingers instead of the outside, as a Sonic would normally be performed. 2.As soon as the Sonic 23-12 is completed, execute a charge 12-12 with your thumb inward towards your palm. 3.Complete the Charge 12-12 and catch the pen in the writing position. Double Deciever's Sonic Informal Notation Example: Charge Normal 23-23 ~ Sonic Regular 23-12 ~ Charge Normal 12-12 Charge Normal 23-23 ~ Sonic Regular 23-12 ~ Charge Normal 12-12 ~ Sonic Reverse 12-23 Guide: 1.A Charge Normal is performed from the 23 slot, landing in the Sonic Normal position. 2.A Sonic Normal is performed from the 23 slot. The pen should be held with the COP on the inside of the fingers instead of the outside, as a Sonic would normally be performed. 3.As soon as the Sonic 23-12 is completed, execute a charge 12-12 with your thumb inward towards your palm. 4.Complete the Charge 12-12 and catch the pen in the writing position.

2. Quark
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 18:57:25

I don't get how the sonic reverse works into this... is it down palm down? Also, I don't see how this is really a trick or even a hybrid. It just seems like an exceptionally short combo to me. edit: never mind, I see that you mentioned it was a combo

3. Eso
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 20:17:58

These are just regular combos. We don't give names to combos because there are practically a limitless amount of combos that can be made. We can't have a limitless amount of names to go along with those. Second, all naming of new tricks (not combos) are done by the Naming Committee. If you decide to use these names for this particular combo, you may do so, but be warned no one here will know what you're talking about. Furthermore, hardly anything gets named nowadays. Also, these combos have been done for a very long time. When doing notation, you should use > to denote a flow from one completed trick to another. The marker ~ is used to denote an interrupted trick.