UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Coulomb G3 Mod Tutorial

1. Jacob8185
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 01:48:42

Coulomb G3 Mod =========================== Stats: Coulomb G3 COG: COP Length: 19.5 cm Weight: 14 g Style: Single Sided, Non-Retractable Writing-Mechanism: N/A Ink-Type: N/A Estimated-Cost: ~$13 =========================== =========================== Materials List: 1 x Plastic G3 (Tip and Body) 1 x Pentel Hybrid Jell Grip (Tip, Grip) 1 x Uni-Ball Signo (Tip and Grip) 1 x Hi-Tec C (Tip) 1 x Zebra Hyper Jell (Cap and Grip) =========================== Here is an original tutorial from TEK's tutorial: http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=12240&pid=176100&mode=threaded&start=#entry176100 =========================== Tutorial: =========================== [SPOILER="Tutorial"] Gather your materials Disassemble all the pens, and keep the following tips and grips: 1 Plastic G3 Body and Tip, 1 HGG Tip and Body, 1 Uni-Ball Signo Tip and Grip, one Hi-Tec C Tip, and 1 Hyper Jell Cap and Grip. 1. Remove the G3 grip, Slice down with a blade, and poke out back plug with BBQ skewer. File down the nubs on the front of the G3. Cut half a cm of the Signo grip and put it on the G3 2. Cut about a ninth of a centimeter off the Hyper Jell Grip and put it above the Signo grip 3. Get the Plastic G3 Tip and screw it on to the body 4. Put the Signo Tip over the Plastic G3 Tip 5. Put the Hi-Tec C Tip over the Signo Tip (So the tip order is G3 Plastic Tip > Signo Tip > Hi-Tec C Tip) 6. Get the HGG Grip and put it above the Hyper Jell Grip, and the Signo Tip (So that the Hi-Tec C Tip is sticking out) 7. Cut .5 of the left over Signo Grip from Step 1 and stuff that into the Hyper Jell Cap 8. Stuff the HGG Tip inside the Hyper Jell Cap 9. Get the left over Hyper Jell Grip from Step 2 and cut half a centimeter from it, and then stuff it into the Hyper Jell Cap after the HGG Tip 10. Now put some electric tape around the end of the Plastic G3 body and put on the cap Add an insert of your choice and spin! :D [/SPOILER] ============================ Q/A: Q: So what is the order of the tips in the front of the mod? A: Plastic G3 Tip > Signo Tip > Hi-Tec C Tip Q: What is the order of the grips and tips in the cap? A: Signo Grip > HGG Tip > Hyper Jell Grip (Well, at least that's what the blog said) Q: How can I cut my cap clip? A: You could use some sort of hacksaw, then an X-Acto to clear the leftovers, then sand it, or wire cutters work. =========================== This mod is a great mod; kind of short for me, but beautiful to have for collection purposes! Thanks for reading, and I hope you will all enjoy this mod and tutorial!

2. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 02:06:12

Did you use TEK's method or Ponkotu's method? Cuz they both have slight different gripping method. You posted the ponkotu's method link on top, but you followed TEK's method. So.. which one is correct? ;) PrinceXD

3. A.Sate
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 02:32:36

You dont need the HGG body, you need the grip. And also change Hyper Gel to Hyper Jell and your good!

4. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 02:48:29

Soooooo basically you're just copy pasting these tutorials and adding a Q/A section? Are you doing this for funsies? because I don't know if it's really necessary to spend time posting these. It would be MUCH more helpful if you moved the tutorials into the UPSB wiki! :thumb:

5. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 02:54:24

It would also be much nicer (IMHO) if you use your own pics. PrinceXD

6. Colin
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 04:47:00

holyshoots, there's a HJ inkstopper in the back? I had no idea of this. THISSSS is why the HGG tip was so loose @Nachoaddict :(

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 05:52:45

OHHHHHHH. Well the Coulomb G3 that you gave me by Outlander has some hgg grip pieces inside the Hyper Jell grip to hold the HGG tip so it's all good

8. RicLu98
    Date: Mon, Apr 11 2011 02:47:05

thanks for making a tutorial in english :)

9. Syrti
    Date: Tue, Jun 7 2011 15:21:55

A great pen. Very spinnable, good length and weight. Great optics and nice variations possible. The only thing that prevents me from using it as my main-pen is, that it has a short spinning space. But definetly worth modding (had a lo tfun while building it)! Mine:

10. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 09:29:58

pentel hyrbrid jell grip? you mean hgg?