UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Pen Attribute Discussion

1. Haste
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 13:24:37

[In Response to Favorite type of Barrel]

I prefer round ones. because the pen runs smooth through your hand.hexagonal barrels would just stick to your fingers
    What do you think? EDIT via iMatt: Use This thread for talking about particular qualities of mods. Best types of barrel surfaces, tapering, shape (Example above), textures, and all the small details of particular pens.

2. tacohead12
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 15:58:58

I've never had a mod with a hexagonal barrel o-o It would be interesting to try though.

3. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 16:01:31

F-3000 Disproves this to me. The flat surface actually is a nice benefit to anyone that is fond of old school spinning (lacking power tricks, lots of passes/thumbaround stuff). You can easily do power tricks with it, but it is much more difficult due to it being a feather weight mod.

4. Koza
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 18:23:30

Super Pirat barrels are in my opinion the best, next to black comssa barrels. I find black barrels easier to spin... I do not know why. But, my white super pirat serves just as well. The weight of the barrel in addiction to the tips and grips i have on the mod make it a nice, smooth and all around good mod. Is there something about black barrels that makes them easier to spin, or is it just my eyes/mind working together to give me the illusion that there is a difference?

5. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 21:45:33

Kt barrels or Namae barrels are the best imo. KT barrels are silky smooth, and soft like butter. I actually really enjoy spinning it, and I don't think i've spun anything close. The Namae body is the perfect length and diameter, plus the writing has a great texture. I hate hate hate tapered bodies. FOr some reason I just really do not enjoy comssa or gelly roll bodies, just because of that icky taper. Also I think white barrels are better, black barrels make it harder for me to spot the body. Fun bodies to spin are the ZT, and bictory.

6. Holypie
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 22:22:39

How can yu feel the taper on the comssas? I really can't tell. Also, you must HATE old supertips. Those things taper like hell.

7. sangara
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 22:44:02

Hexagonal wooden bodies are the best. <3

8. exclusive
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 23:37:27

shoeman6 wrote: Kt barrels or Namae barrels are the best imo. KT barrels are silky smooth, and soft like butter. I actually really enjoy spinning it, and I don't think i've spun anything close. The Namae body is the perfect length and diameter, plus the writing has a great texture. I hate hate hate tapered bodies. FOr some reason I just really do not enjoy comssa or gelly roll bodies, just because of that icky taper. Also I think white barrels are better, black barrels make it harder for me to spot the body. Fun bodies to spin are the ZT, and bictory.
    i disagree with ur namae ink opinion it bleeds through paper too easily and smudges btw what do u mean tapered? u mean the engraved writing on it?

9. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 23:44:42

I didnt mention the ink of the namae at all 0 _ o By tapered I mean skinnier on one side than the other.

10. exclusive
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 23:58:16

shoeman6 wrote: I didnt mention the ink of the namae at all 0 _ o By tapered I mean skinnier on one side than the other.
    Kt barrels or Namae barrels are the best imo. KT barrels are silky smooth, and soft like butter. I actually really enjoy spinning it, and I don't think i've spun anything close. The Namae body is the perfect length and diameter,[B] plus the writing has a great texture[/B]. I hate hate hate tapered bodies. FOr some reason I just really do not enjoy comssa or gelly roll bodies, just because of that icky taper. Also I think white barrels are better, black barrels make it harder for me to spot the body.

11. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 00:07:10

Yeah... the writing on the barrel...

12. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 01:25:35

I like mods that have slightly grippy barrels like the tornado mod, grip avarie or waterfall mod (after you polish it.)

13. Haste
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 01:28:44

nice... thanks for all the info... MORE!!!

14. Haste
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 01:34:47

[FONT="Lucida Console"]@sangara really? for me hexagonal ones are irritating... for me...[/FONT]

15. sangara
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 05:51:49

AngelSpinner wrote: [FONT="Lucida Console"]@sangara really? for me hexagonal ones are irritating... for me...[/FONT]
    It's just something you get used to, I spent a lot of time spinning unsharpened pencils and my F-3000. It wasn't that great at first but I came to love it.

16. Holypie
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 13:22:24

Personally, I love soft plastic bodies that are a bit thinner, like super lavable and super pirat. Supertips are a bit thick. Comssas are good as well, but the texture of marvys could be nicer.

17. Soren
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 16:14:08

i havnt got much mods, but i like the barrel of g3, quite thick and nice to spin with

18. Haste
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 04:45:34

@Soren Blade G3? oh. I havent had a G3 mod before...

19. Soren
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 08:17:59

AngelSpinner wrote: @Soren Blade G3? oh. I havent had a G3 mod before...
    im using a G3 Jimnie mod

20. J74Q
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 09:15:32

Hey people :D Yeap, thats it, breaking/cracking and clouding of mods. I broke a reeder mod and my ayatori mod bcos imma noob and i drop ma pens too much :trollface: I prefer mods like comssa with more flexible plastic barrel :D

21. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 09:20:59

cool story bro, tell it again.

22. J74Q
    Date: Wed, Mar 9 2011 09:25:58

My reeder 's front and back G3 caps broke i only spun it for 2 mths... My ayatori is just 2-3wks and it broke... saded... Im left with my G2 CTE vortex and Unsharpened Pencil #2 with Jap Pencil caps :( My attempt to mod the springfield mod failed and parts are unstable... Double :facepalm:

23. Haste
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 12:11:42

@J47Q oh man... well just try to not drop ur mods frequently...

24. the noodler
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:46:55

I like the comssa body the most. Next would be superpirat. I like the CT barrel too, but it feels kinda short, and the ST feels too fat. For some reason a vicgotgame mod feels fatter than a buster, even though they use the same body

25. imabeast
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 17:15:32

of course a round barrel i love my Dr.Kt and it has a ROUND barrel plus it is BEAST!

26. browndog12
    Date: Thu, Apr 28 2011 03:52:06

i have really big hands, so i like thick bodies like the Emboss. however i dont like the mods so much since im obsessed with RSVP MXs. i kinda like to spin hexagonal bodies, it adds a different kind of twist to your spinning.

27. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Apr 29 2011 23:00:44

I love supertips bodies. A round, thick, slightly slippery (thats what she said) body is what I like best. Any good mod recommendations that fit that description?

28. peninja
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 05:49:43

i dont like supertips, therye kinda s to slippery

29. MadHatter
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 13:50:40

Haven't tried anything except the BICtory. Pretty nice barrel, and of course, if you have the right colors, could pass off as a Comssa. Mine's some sort of Fire and Ice scheme? Red pen grips and Icy Blue cap grips.

30. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 14:01:45

@MadHatter PrinceXD

MadHatter wrote: Haven't tried anything except the BICtory. Pretty nice barrel, and of course, if you have the right colors, could pass off as a Comssa. Mine's some sort of Fire and Ice scheme? Red pen grips and Icy Blue cap grips.

31. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 14:44:42

i love how a super pirat bodies feels once the image/writing has been removed

32. Advecticity
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 17:43:33

Supergirl wrote: i love how a super pirat bodies feels once the image/writing has been removed
    Totally agree, but it quickly gets scratched and stuff ;-;

33. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 17:45:59

Advecticity wrote: Totally agree, but it quickly gets scratched and stuff ;-;
    good thing mines not scratched =p