UPSB v4

Off-topic / fashion in US

1. Clyde
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 09:48:09

uhm can i get some fashion advice on what u guys normally wear? we might go to US this april, and i dont wanna look stupid in my leather jacket, fitted shirt, bootcut jeans, cowboy boots and aviators, then later on seen by many riding a taxi instead of a harley, lol. i dont think i could get rid of the leather jacket though since i know its cold in US most of the time and for noobs(foreigners)in US we need to wear thick clothes..so would this combination look normal? that goes in this: then and slim fit pants...would that look normal in US? if not pls help thx and...how many pairs of shoes/pants and jackets do u guys have?(yeah i know ur used to the weather but some are still show offs and need to change jackets everyday..i think?lol)

2. neXus
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 10:22:14

You care too much what other think about you. Wear what is comfortable to you and fuck the world.

3. chris
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 10:39:49

neXus wrote: You care too much what other think about you. Wear what is comfortable to you and fuck the world.
    This. Srsly.

4. Clyde
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 10:59:25

hmm thanks...ya ur right..w/e lol

5. Surge
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:00:43

What I usually do is go around shirtless with only a pink, fluffy scarf around my neck. My pants are always sweatpants, usually orange or a bright shade of neon green. It's important to protect your feet! Personally, I wear military boots, you know the kind with camouflage on them. Then, I tuck my sweatpants into my boots, and carefully position the scarf around my neck, and voila! The girls never take their eyes off me. They love it.

6. A.Sate
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 14:56:02

Looks normal. Where in the US are you going to? If its CA or somewhere warm, lose the sweater, youll probably suffocate.

7. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 15:15:22

EDIT: I take back what i said. Do this: 1) Wear tank top shirt that talks about how big your penis is. 2) Do your hair using this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQDma1E9GoM 3) Wear sunglasses indoors 4) Call all people you meet "Bro" 5) Refer to your friends as "My boys" 6) Refer to all girls as "Bitches" You are now set for coming to the US. People absolutely LOVE the kind of person that follows what i just said.

8. tacohead12
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 16:08:21

Normally, I just wear a t shirt with a hoodie, skinny jeans and some vans. o-o Doesn't really matter too much

9. Loanshark
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 16:38:52

Depends on where in the US you're going to.

10. Colin
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 21:29:46

neXus;67418]You care too much what other think about you. Wear what is comfortable to you and fuck the world.[/QUOTE] +1 But here in the US, guys like to wear Spandex tights with flats. We shop at H&M, and prefer the XS cardigans. girls wear skinny jeans from Pac Sun, and jackets from OBEY or Stussy or [QUOTE=Surge wrote: What I usually do is go around shirtless with only a pink, fluffy scarf around my neck. My pants are always sweatpants, usually orange or a bright shade of neon green. It's important to protect your feet! Personally, I wear military boots, you know the kind with camouflage on them. Then, I tuck my sweatpants into my boots, and carefully position the scarf around my neck, and voila! The girls never take their eyes off me. They love it.
    listen to surge

11. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 21:36:27

Just wear what you normally wear. It is only awkward if you let it be, just chill out , people don't bite (they do bite in canada actually)

12. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 22:16:14

@Clyde On the serious note... do NOT wear a leather jacket like the one you posted... That's ridiculous. A regular leather would suffice that isn't as hardcore like that... Guys (depending who you are) either wear typical cargo shorts, hollister shirt, or american eagle. (typically d-bags) I mean like. Like... a 'hip' kid i think you would call it... Meaning like, skinnies, cool t-shirt, lanyard, new era fitted hat. I mean like. I bboy, so thats the type of people im around really. Otherwise, wearing prolly w/e you regularly wear in the Philippines is prolly the same thing as america. Its just that, leather is outta fasion. The leather you wear that is... but regular leather jackets are in style. I prolly worded this wrong.

13. sangara
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 22:18:42

If you want to be a hipster, keep the aviators, get a Flannel Plaid Shirt, long sleeves, but don't worry about the heat you're not going to be wearing an undershirt, also roll up the sleeves. Get some skinny jeans, make sure your balls have no room, that's when you know they're tight. oh and wear a pair of tom's without socks, preferably the tan hemp looking kind. Exactly like this. Not tight enough but you get the idea. Those but tan. Oh and get one of those stupid oversized belts.

14. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 22:32:16

People also do dress like this... Weird people that is. I recommend you do not. Unless you are a total true hipster. :D

15. zweebna
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 22:35:23

Surge is a pretty stylish dude, I must admit.

16. nateiskewl
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 23:27:32

We all wear this.

17. boshi
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 02:54:15

just don't wear your fuckin leather jacket. april huh? it shouldn't be too cold. just wear a shirt and sweats. done.

18. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 03:01:02

Don't wear that leather jacket , seriously. Also, just wear a hoodie or a shirt or t-shirt and be chill. Make sure your jeans are not too tight though.

19. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 04:10:25

DO WEAR that leather jacket and get a tattoo on your neck get yourself a mohawk carry some guns

20. Frip
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 04:15:21

most ppl here wear stuff like this from what i've learned in my history class . *runs*

21. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 04:24:13

Listen to Zombo, you will be idolized by so many. Don't worry about those anger problems, embrace them We want more stuff for SCS, I am a fan

22. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 04:26:03

Alright first don't shave, at all. Grow a beard, a big beard. Wear a Keffiyeh like this :

Spoiler
    secondly make sure you cover your face with the Keffiyeh and just go around hugging people. Its a great way to be accepted in the society. If you can get some fake guns, that would be good too.

23. SJ
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 04:46:19

LOOOOOOOOOOL this thread is such a joke hahahahahaaa oh man....... u guys funnaaay anyway, just wear a decent tshirt, put on a sweater and slim pants. dont wear super skinny pants. ew if u wanna look more fashionable, get some cardigans or something and a jacket. wear regular sneakers. dont wear weird shoes...like toms and avoid wearing mid socks. wear either no-show or crew socks u can wear a leather jacket but avoid bootcut pants and boots

24. Loanshark
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 05:49:20

I'm actually trying to be serious here. It all depends on where in the US you're going to. Everyone that's posted something serious so far lives in California (besides Tetsip), and California fashion is WAYYYYY different than New England/New York style of clothes.

25. SJ
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 06:41:49

hmm thats true cali is more laid back (generally) ny is more... classy? (generally) haha

26. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 09:40:29

@sangara tnx, thats the same fashion here...just that im not scared to fight w/ anyone here who messes w/ my style lol...so i gotta go to topman and zara nxt wk probably i think we'd be stayin at socal / calif..forgot where my siblings live lol

27. AoD1
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 09:41:52

Clyde wrote: @sangara tnx, thats the same fashion here...just that im not scared to fight w/ anyone here who messes w/ my style lol...so i gotta go to topman and zara nxt wk probably
    what the fuck is Zara and topman?

28. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 09:43:04

popular store where those espadrilles/boat shoes / slim fit pants / cardigans / cool shirts are sold

29. AoD1
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 09:46:21

oh

30. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 09:49:57

^^^^^^^ those leathers would still look ok? (except lower left) ^^^ how bout that one ?? ?

31. Yanos
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 11:14:33

holy fuck damn so many jackets

32. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 12:48:45

it looks fine clyde just don't wear jeans are that too skinny, it makes you look gay. Also, close the buttons of your shirt a bit.

33. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 14:38:48

yeah just slim fit..tnx

34. Tetsip
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 20:14:32

@Clyde Prolly only the top row middle jacket would suffice best... Which i dont even think a jacket is necessary... (Then again i live in fucking florida, the sunshine state, AND ITS FUCKIN HOT AS HELL OUT RIGHT NOW. like 80s+) But just button up yo shirt a bit more... but yeah. You're fine with that outfit i suppose. (I personally wouldn't wear those shoes with it though). Zara is a great place to shop. cept their shoes are shit but their dress shirts pwn.

35. hoiboy
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 20:28:41

in california? t-shirt + jeans + sneakers

36. sangara
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 22:19:40

TheAafg wrote: it looks fine clyde just don't wear jeans are that too skinny, it makes you look gay. Also, close the buttons of your shirt a bit.
    You obviously don't know anything about America, plus you're Canadian.

37. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 22:32:48

sangara wrote: You obviously don't know anything about America, plus you're Canadian.
    :trollface:

38. SJ
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 23:42:53

most of your jackets look the same. get some different ones. different material & style and why do you always wear dress shoes.......

39. Frip
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 00:27:57

colorado = flannel and shorts

40. maunierox
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 04:22:10

top middle leather jacket is the best i agree. but really if you're coming to california in april you definitely dont need a leather jacket. that outfit looks okay but switch the short sleeve button-up with a long-sleeved but rolled up one. like the one sangara posted earlier. and those shoes are fine. especially in so cal. the hipsters will be jealous. :)

41. Sc00t
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 05:38:40

i live in alabamer and i wear a plad coat jeans and sneakers.. sometimes a hat if it's cold

42. tylt
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 06:01:44

Wear Levi's. Rock vans. Colored Tee's. Slap on the glasses. Get money.

43. SJ
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 06:11:58

dress like this. yeeeeeboi

44. sangara
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 06:15:46

tylt wrote: Wear Levi's. Rock vans. Colored Tee's. Slap on the glasses. Get money.
    And bitches.

45. Jamie Enns
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 07:03:31

sangara wrote: You obviously don't know anything about America, plus you're Canadian.
    don't bring Canada into this.

46. k-ryder
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 11:02:23

sangara wrote: And bitches.
    you must fuck the bitches in order to get the money

47. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 11:07:01

k-ryder wrote: you must fuck the bitches in order to get the money
    usually you get the money so you can fuck bitches

48. Clyde
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 13:57:30

dress shoes cuz i dunno anything about fashion so i copy w/e my idol wears..bootcut jeans, dress shoes(when i didnt have cowboy boots), polo shirt, or white/black fit shirt, biker jakcet...ok thx for the advice, mom said we'd go buy some of those boat shoes/ espadrilles/plaid / cool tee's by end of march...dont really wanna look stupid in US lol...

49. neXus
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 17:17:50

It's America and you're a foreigner. They'll hate you anyways. [COLOR="white"]In case any of you Americunts get upset: It's humor.[/COLOR]

50. sangara
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 21:24:26

neXus;68196]It's America and you're a foreigner. They'll hate you anyways. [COLOR="white"]In case any of you Americunts get upset: It's humor.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] This is also true, but seriously don't worry about the way you dress here, no one actually knows what they're doing. [QUOTE=Jamie Enns wrote: don't bring Canada into this.
    I was just pointing out the lack of his Americanness.