UPSB v4

Pen Spinning Relations / PSA

1. 13371337
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 02:49:42

Discuss here if there is even a need for the PSA. The PSA aims to: Promote pen spinning Promote high levels of pen spinning Offer some work oppurtunities to able pen spinners Offer a form of assessing pen spinning ability Tutorials for tricks. In return asks for: Paid membership. Is this needed ? Benefits? Negatives?

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 03:12:24

Don't think it will be very popular yet or at all unless there would be something very unique that only PSA offers that can't be found anywhere else in the PS community. I do believe that if this is able to get up on it's feet, it will promote PSing. Also, should PSA be considered a community on it's own??

3. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 03:16:11

I think PSA would have to be something separate of UPSB... that way it would incorporate all of the boards in a more communicable way. Still not digging the paid membership though. But that would be up to the users of the community to decide. Sooo to answer your question I don't think it is needed. Perhaps if spinning was bigger, but then I think something would bud from UPSB, and it could serve a more central role in such a community. (of course, content should still be free, imo...)

4. 13371337
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 05:25:12

Hippo2626 wrote: Don't think it will be very popular yet or at all unless there would be something very unique that only PSA offers that can't be found anywhere else in the PS community. I do believe that if this is able to get up on it's feet, it will promote PSing.
    It will be difficult to start and it will promote pen spinning.
    Also, should PSA be considered a community on it's own??
    I don't see PSA as a community, more as a seperate entity. PSA could have members from UPSB/JEB/KPSA/FPSB etc.

5. 13371337
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 05:26:49

shoeman6 wrote: I think PSA would have to be something separate of UPSB... that way it would incorporate all of the boards in a more communicable way. Still not digging the paid membership though. But that would be up to the users of the community to decide. Sooo to answer your question I don't think it is needed. Perhaps if spinning was bigger, but then I think something would bud from UPSB, and it could serve a more central role in such a community. (of course, content should still be free, imo...)
    It's great you say it's not needed and nothing should be paid for, but find another way of achieving this (that's free):
    The PSA aims to: Promote pen spinning Promote high levels of pen spinning Offer some work oppurtunities to able pen spinners Offer a form of assessing pen spinning ability

6. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Feb 27 2011 11:26:21

the invited members, I feel, should be paid on an at-hawk basis, only when they contribute, should they be paid.

7. hoiboy
    Date: Mon, Feb 28 2011 01:30:57

I don't think we need a PSA as in what you're thinking of. I think we need a PSA that can regulate inter-board stuff such as a Board Ladder, International individual ladder, tournaments, and coordinating research; tutorials and all that other stuff should be up to the boards themselves.

8. 13371337
    Date: Wed, Mar 23 2011 17:16:18

So after the last month, this PSA stuff has to now go on hold for a while. <_< Simply because in a couple of days I'm going to become very busy and then be working 13 days every fortnight until in the autumn sometime.