UPSB v4

Shoutbox / Chatroom / IRC (#UPSB @QuakeNet)

1. Radek
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 07:56:56

I just would like it to be mentioned somewhere on the board, so here's the topic about the IRC channel. If you want to join, the channel is: [CODE]server: QuakeNet channel: #UPSB[/CODE] Although most of the time, 100% of the spinners in this chatroom are idling spinners from FPSB... By the way don't mind to also come to #fpsb on the same server, or #penspinning (it's the german pen spinning channel), there are much more people there. And if you're not familiar with IRC and don't already use it often, I guess the shoutbox will be enough for you.

2. Biji
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 08:37:26

If you really want to come, but don't know anything about IRC 1)Get an IRC client, Chatzilla (firefox addon) is the easiest to use IMO, so get that 2)Type in /server irc.quakenet.org 3)Type /join #UPSB 4)Start chatting

3. Prince
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 09:51:50

what does irc stand for? do you talk to a mic or is it typing? internet relay chat right?

4. Biji
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 10:17:39

It's pretty much a chatroom

5. Radek
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 10:21:28

Prince wrote: what does irc stand for? do you talk to a mic or is it typing? internet relay chat right?
    That is right, it's internet relay chat. As for good IRC clients, there is also XChat, or (my favourite) irssi (although I'm not sure there is a Windows version of irssi, and it's not as easy to use as Chatzilla). IRC protocol is for typed messages. ;) EDIT : ninja'd by Biji.