UPSB v4

Battlezone / UPSB Tournament R2 - RESULTS OUT!!!!!!

1. Jamie Enns
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 06:30:29

Mage In Black vs catfish WINNER = [B]Mage In Black[/B] Ricercar vs Tomohiro WINNER = [B]Tomohiro[/B] (3/3)

SpoilerNeither of you did anything that made me say wow, Ricercar had a great first 6 seconds, but then used easier tricks to finish an already short combo. Tomohiro had a sort of normal combo from him, nothing new really. But Tomohiro has the upper hand with his trick set, plenty of variety and overall had a harder combo. Winner: Tomohiro Honestly there was nothing too interesting about this battle, both combos were essentially the same except tomo did everything better. Winner Tomohiro Tomohiro had a bit more variety and better execution which made up for the fact that Ricercar had slightly more interesting linkages. Winner -> Tomohiro
    Gland vs Nix WINNER = [B]Gland[/B] Twine vs Enkronidus WINNER = [B]Twine[/B] Hippo2626 vs neoknux_009 Winner = [B]Hippo2626[/B] (3/3)
    SpoilerThere is so much creativity in this battle, both had insane linkages that I've never seen before. What is going to decide my vote are 2 things: Hippo2626's lack of spam, and the finisher on neoknux_009's combo. It is rare to see a combo so focused and determined that there are no filler tricks. Hippo2626 had almost no filler at all. An Impressive quality. Neoknux_009 had the expected amount of filler, I am NOT saying that he had spam everywhere. I can see the tricks he's doing, Hippo2626 just took it a level higher. Back to neoknux_009's ending, I feel that in a battle this close, his finisher is just not good enough, the catch seems like he did not do what he wanted to do. Even if it was as he planned, it is anti climatic and takes away from the rest of the combo. Winner: Hippo2626 Might be the best battle of this round, I'm seriously loving Hippo's style that he's developing but neo is also a very solid spinner. It's the point where I have to choose wether or not I like the solid spinning, or the less solid more expirimental spinning... In Hippo's combo there are multiple pauses it's tough because you have to decide wether or not those are put there on purpose just due to his style of spinning or they were actually mistakes. Because of the nature of them I feel like some of them were in fact put there on purpose but some were also just because of a mistake, we're all human. In neo's combo there was the rather akward bakriser section coupled with the also akward knuckle bounce thing that I feel should have been a spiderspin or something. I like both of these combos though, they both show that each spinner is developing their own style and personally I'm liking Hippo's more. Winner Hippo. I liked both of these combos, I think that Hippo2626 is making strides with the lack of flow that he had in the previous round and still kept his combo interesting. neoknux_009 also had a nice combo, with some interesting stuff. I especially liked the sonic 23-13~indexaround reverse .5 13-11 at around 10 seconds as well as the 2h spin. Although both of these combos were good, neoknux_009's had some control issues with a bit too much hand movement and a couple small pauses. Winner -> Hippo2626
    SPRiNGFiELD vs Escorpio123 WINNER = [B]SPRiNGFiELD[/B] (3/3)
    SpoilerSPRiNGFiELD's combo is just on a higher level then Escorpio123 's. Both had a few difficult tricks and plenty of filler, but the difference between Escorpio123's and SPRiNGFiELD's is that SPRiNGFiELD's filler is not the spam we saw in the last round, but tricks that emphasize a style and appearance, as where Escorpio123's filler is spam. Easy tricks used to get the pen from one slot to the other. SPRiNGFiELD 's difficult tricks are all done with fantastic execution and I'm surprised he can fit them all within his personal unique style. Winner: SPRiNGFiELD Decent battle although it's easy to see the difference in skill level here, I like this combo from escorpio way more than the previous round, but springfeild is honestly just better. I like the development from escorpio though, keep making progress. Winner Springfield. SPRINGFiELD had the more interesting combo here with some nice linkages, especially near the end with his pd fl ta. Escorpio123's combo was pretty good as well but not much stood out about it. Winner -> SPRiNGFiELD
    Pudels Kern vs Jan WINNER = [B]Pudels Kern [/B](3/3)
    SpoilerPudels Kern with an easy win. His combo has an insane amount of original, creative and difficult material, all executed with great signature style. Jan's combo is made up of spam and those spreads, which are not original, creative or difficult material. Winner: Pudels Kern This is another one of those obvious skill gap battles, I don't know if people realize how hard it is to do what Pudels does, I've spent quite some time trying to figure it all out, he's just good. Really, really good. Sorry Jan but your spinning is no where near as developed as Pudels. Winner Pudels Kern. Although Jan's combo was a fine combo, Pudels Kern's clip was superior in nearly every way. Winner -> Pudels Kern
    miyat vs iColor WINNER = [B]iColor[/B]
    [B][SIZE="6"]ROUND 3[/SIZE][/B] click for countdown --> [SIZE="4"]DUE DATE: SATURDAY, MARCH 5th, 11:59 PM, CST[/SIZE] <-- click for countdown -----ROUND 3 DRAW VIDEO----- @Tomohiro

2. Twine
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 06:32:17

Springfield >:D Bring it on!! I wish I could have some feedback on my combo :< Nevermind EDIT: D: Neoknux, noooo

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 06:33:57

ARGH!!!! MIB!!! NOOOOO. Anyway's great battle Neo!!! All the best MIB. THis tourney is getting intense.

4. Jamie Enns
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 06:37:11

i guess these are quarter finals.... oh well, these will all be close HOPEFULLY WE GET A 100% TURN OUT ROUND THIS NEXT ROUND!!! TIMER WILL BE UP IN A MOMENT!

5. Mage In Black
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 06:41:11

Ah, looking forward to this battle, hippo. A worthy opponent. Looks like I'll have to go all out this round. Good luck.

6. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 06:48:16

IF MIB is Charlie, then, wow, this battle will be the toughest for both, hippo vs Charlie :O. mmm, I would like to know where I was spamming :). Congrats to SpringField, and good luck in your next round ^_^ with oh Twine. :O

7. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 07:26:39

well this battle is over. too bad i couldnt get taht far. awesome battle with hippo anyway. Time to challenge isuk.

8. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 13:30:03

@Twine oh god..

9. Jamie Enns
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 14:19:01

added the 3rd judges comments, again, unanimous.

10. walrus
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 14:25:58

[B][SIZE="7"]FUCK UPSB[/SIZE][/B] -_-

11. iColor
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 15:44:59

It's just a friendly tournament. xD

12. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 16:13:03

Jan wrote: [B][SIZE="7"]FUCK UPSB[/SIZE][/B] -_-
    reported for spam on a side note, @Jamie Enns did u post a drawing vid?

13. Jamie Enns
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 16:35:56

yes, http://www.mediafire.com/?jcbubn1sz4qs975

14. Mage In Black
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 21:00:14

Next round looks fun. Less one sided battles.

15. Ricercar
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 21:24:25

Great job tomo, with that i'm taking a break from UPSB guys. Don't know when i'll be back, but if I don't it's been fun! Thanks for everything Jamie, and all the judges :)

16. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 22:17:18

Ricercar wrote: Great job tomo, with that i'm taking a break from UPSB guys. Don't know when i'll be back, but if I don't it's been fun! Thanks for everything Jamie, and all the judges :)
    *ragequit

17. sangara
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 22:19:59

@Jan take your childish actions elsewhere, please.

18. Ricercar
    Date: Mon, Feb 21 2011 22:43:20

Krispy Kreme wrote: *ragequit
    its not even that, I was planning on leaving whenever I was out of this tourney, UPSB just isn't fun anymore :(

19. Twine
    Date: Fri, Mar 4 2011 09:01:57

@SPRiNGFiELD Is it alright if my combo is like 28sec? I honestly cant be stuffed filming again because it went over >.< Pllllleeeeeaaaaasssse :)

20. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 4 2011 10:33:46

@Twine the limit is 30 seconds based on AoD and I think JE adopted the same format.

21. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Fri, Mar 4 2011 16:15:39

[video=youtube;evhIOIec2cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evhIOIec2cM[/video] http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/N...0842.AVI_links

22. Escorpio123
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 02:49:06

SPRiNGFiELD wrote: [video=youtube;evhIOIec2cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evhIOIec2cM[/video] http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/N...0842.AVI_links
    Link doesn't work :(

23. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 13:15:55

Escorpio123 wrote: Link doesn't work :(
    http://depositfiles.com/files/o3tje1yhz my bad..

24. Gland
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 17:51:00

so disappointing to heard from @Tomohiro that he can't make a combo. I wish I have a good battle at least my effort were not in vain =(

25. Hippo2626
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 18:32:25

[video=youtube;7Tm4SMl1KRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tm4SMl1KRE[/video] Bad sorry MIB...

26. Twine
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 19:04:45

Fuck Hippo. You're sooo good. Ponkotu like ;D. As soon as you clean p your smoothness you will be way up there for my favorite / top spinners

27. iColor
    Date: Sat, Mar 5 2011 19:19:05

[video=youtube;wNSAeMsXBTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNSAeMsXBTY[/video] =.=

28. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Mar 6 2011 06:14:30

Thanks Twine!! I'm doing my best to get smooth and execute tricks better. Awww MIB didn't submit a clip?

29. Mage In Black
    Date: Sun, Mar 6 2011 07:20:49

I did. It was a realllly bad fs though. :\