UPSB v4

Battlezone / Beginners Tournament Semi-Finals Results

1. Van
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 23:55:37

Vortechs vs. Roy Vortechs [video=youtube;jgLkdjs9cYA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgLkdjs9cYA[/video] Roy He says;

SpoilerIma folow in my favorite spinner's footsteps and drop out of the tornament =D Im serious tell RIley good luck on the Finals. Im not uploading my vid, i drop out. Dont ask why.
    <_< Sam vs. Riley Sam[video=youtube;w5hViTSJGPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5hViTSJGPE[/video] Riley[video=youtube;AF4Y4R_qymo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4Y4R_qymo[/video]

2. walrus
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 00:20:22

why are they all using a Buster CYL? except Riley is awesome...

3. browndog12
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 00:56:31

i hate flaming, but all the noobs using busters pisses me off. im just as good as this at 2 months and i spin an MSXA.

4. Paramours
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:07:15

VORTECHS WILL WIN TOURNAMENT.

5. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:15:50

Riley +over 9000! very, very smooth and nailed it with a hai tua. xDDDDDD i dont mind that u guyz use busters. reminds me of me when i got mine. too bad i took it apart. LOL

6. Morpheus
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:16:57

Jan wrote: why are they all using a Buster CYL? except Riley is awesome...
    probably because a waterfall mod for riley is basically a buster since its pretty big compared to his hand

7. Riley
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:20:44

Morpheus wrote: probably because a waterfall mod for riley is basically a buster since its pretty big compared to his hand
    Well, all mods are big for my hands. (they're only 14.5 cm.) And, I also have a buster, because I fell into the buster trap a long time ago, but I rarely spin it. But when I do, it's A LOT heavier than a waterfall.

8. Vortechs
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:42:50

@all you people that are angry at me using a buster I use jell tips so mine weighs 15-17g so stfu

9. exclusive
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 02:16:10

@Sam y cut off ur vid?

10. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 02:44:11

He said the camera died at the end

11. spinnerhui
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 03:10:16

...I think Vortech's round 2 combo was better than the one he posted....I frown upon magic tricks in a tournament, especially when it is 50% of the combo... EDIT: Bfore I get flamed or anything, I would think twice before battling any of these people...especially Roy. He sounds scary xDD :xd:

12. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 03:15:20

Well.....look closely at the barrel of vortech's buster at the end of the combo.....its towards the middle....idk if its just the lighting, and the white, bunched up lump is just the carpet, or................you get what i mean.....not that i'm trying to downplay vortechs ily no homo

13. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 03:22:18

U can clearly see the string in that video even at 360p And IMO the rest of the combo was a bit spammy Actually, I think all of the combos were abit too spammy, and yeah past videos might have been better

14. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 03:25:58

@Van, you should maybe say something to the judges so they don't underscore vortechs

15. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 03:26:30

He won by default dude

16. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 03:27:55

owait yeah lol

17. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 20:53:51

@Awesome

18. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 21:58:16

@Van, the PM would be great.

19. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 22:25:06

@shoeman6; sorry, I'm really busy this week >< If u want a PM, I think I'll able to send one on Friday

20. Van
    Date: Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:50:27

@Awesome Judge plz Feedback for vortechs' combo will be good for him as well

21. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 00:34:10

Roy vs. Vortechs

SpoilerShoeman6; Vortechs vs Roy: Some of the linkages were a bit awkward, You may want to change up a bit the ta revs, it isn't necessarily ugly, but it does create a pause in the flow of the combo. Otherwise, love the creativity, and goodluck in the final round. Vortechs Awesome; vortech wins by default, cool magic trick, mabye shorten the combo length a bit though since it did feel a bit spammy. JC; Vortechs vs Roy First off, I believe it's extremely rude to not turn in a video without a legitimate reason...and I don't think there are that many legitimate reasons for why a video could not be filmed. By entering a tournament you have an obligation to respect your opponent and not waste people's time. This is clearly not the case here, and I don't think it's fair to Vortech's at all to take time out of his, I'm sure, busy life to film whereas his opponent does not reciprocate that action. After entering a tournament, I dont' think being busy is a legitimate reason for not submitting (if you know you're going to be busy, dont' join -- busyness is a fair reason for not joining though imo). --If this is getting posted up... just ignore it all .__. -- Vortechs, a couple things that you should do are... -Try shortening your combo down to 18-20 seconds and cut out spam (this will allow you to make a more efficient combo which means... you won't have spam to piss people off, but you can still include your highlights in your combo) --this is certainly more difficult since it doesn't allow you to do filler tricks you're comfortable with to get into the right position and do into a harder trick -If you're going to do a magic trick... don't make it obvious how the trick is done. Or let us see that there is a piece of thing attached to your pen. You should've checked on your camera whether or not you could see that before you even started filming. -Overall, your execution is pretty nice, but I don't know if I can say the same if you increase your difficulty. Increasing your difficulty is definitely somnething you need to do if you wanna beat Riley or Sam (depending on whoever goes to the next round). And that is, increasnig difficulty while maintaining execution and control. If you can't do that, just stick with execution/control > difficulty, and perhaps just find a few more interesting linkages to do things with rather than repeating.
    Vortechs win by default Sam vs. Riley
    SpoilerShoeman6; Sam vs Riley: This one was close. Sam. I enjoyed your combo, it verged on dragging on, and there were a few stumbles. (video cut off but that's no fault of yours) Riley, there was one particular linkage which I reallly liked, also you nailed most of your tricks. There was one point where I cringed because the direction change wasn't very aesthetic, and getting out of the bakfall wasn't as pleasing as Sam's linkage. However, I thought you had better control of the pen (esp. tf charge rev.) and all around better flow. You sir, have my vote :]! Riley Awesome; Sam vs Riley Sam had a good combo, but made a few execution errors and his finisher got cut off or was a drop. Riley displayed greater control and difficulty. Victor:Riley JC; Sam vs Riley This battle was quite hard to judge as the difficulty was pretty similar between the two videos. I preferred Sam's presentation but I thought Riley's execution was a bit better. When weighing the two, I gave more weight to Riley's execution seeing as how the presentation can be fairly easily corrected. So although I think presentation is important, execution is even more so. Nonetheless, this was a very close battle and I had difficulty not declaring it a tie. Good job to both Sam and Riley, but I'm giving this battle to Riley.
    Riley: 3 , Sam:0 So the finals is Riley vs. Vortechs Good luck @Vortechs

22. Sam
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 05:12:07

D: oh well tried my best. Hope I get better. Good luck Riley and Vortechs!!

23. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Feb 23 2011 06:14:27

The most anticipating Match since it started, I predicted it. Monster Riley vs Monster Vortechs :D, who would gain? ^_^, good luck to both og you, this is Epic.

24. the noodler
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 01:47:04

It's funny how shoeman and jc both thought that the votes would be close, and I couldn't really tell how much awesome thought the difference would be, but it turned out to be 3-0 :P

25. Riley
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 04:33:42

@Vortechs Is it okay if my combo itself is about 32 seconds? I swear, I can't film anymore.:angry:

26. Van
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 04:34:32

@Riley; it doesnt matter; most of vortechs past videos were 30+ seconds too lol im not that strict

27. Vortechs
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 21:32:06

@Van video is up :)