UPSB v4

Single Member & Tag Videos / SPRiNGFiELD's Official Solo Video V1

1. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 03:56:18

1 Year has passsed. Thanks everyone . Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkkdH8t-HWo http://www.mediafire.com/?gy1o2g4kmln

2. mhig
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:09:05

my personal preference for solo videos generally lie on the short side. i dislike when solos go on past 2-3 minutes. but in this case editing did take up some of that additional time making it over 2 minutes. anyway i shall move on to the actual spinning content. your spinning is very interesting. i like the unique qualities that it contains. despite this there are a couple things that i would like to point out for future reference? - camera. definitely if you are to make a solo video have a good camera. at least decent so that smoothness can be seen. often times appeal comes in smoothness of the spinning and camera quality. for me i learned the hard way. haha. - repetition. as picky as i sound it did bug me. such include not only the absoluteness behind your hand sign after every video but also your combos in general. i believe either they may be of repetition to itself but also can be such from spinners all around the world. but i respect that. i understand pen spinners who strive to become like other pen spinners and i think that's an awesome aspect of pen spinning in general. - emphasis of solo. i believe there could have been more? but then again that also comes into conflict with the statement above. i respect pen spinners who strive to become similar to other pen spinners. i think that's good. but anyway that's just my hopefully constructive criticism. idk if it helped or not. if it didn't then just ignore all of it and sorry for the long read. lol. positive aspects? you will definitely be a great spinner :)

3. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:19:27

Thanks for the comments. i'm aware of the variation, especially in combos, thats why i'm trying to learn some new things. as for the camera, i'm saving up for one =) i dont really understand what you mean by emphasis of solo though

4. mhig
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:22:00

from what i have learned about solo videos, the solo video is a collaboration of videos edited together to bring oneself out into the public for a variety of reasons ranging from simple entertainment to shouting out to the world that you exist. of course i am not so clear on what your reasoning was but from what i believe solo videos often represent is the unique qualities that spinners have which should be the main reason for shouting out to the world that you exist. that's what makes a spinner who they are, the unique qualities. but as i said in my earlier post i do respect those who do not believe that way. anyway that's just my views. if you still do not understand and do not really care or mind then i shall have no further say in this. EDIT: in addition i do look forward to your spinning once you do receive a new camera. :)

5. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:24:38

i get what u mean =) so you think there should be more publicity kinda?

6. mhig
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:25:51

if that is what you are looking for yes. but that is all up to you of course lol. anyway i did edit a little late but i will post here: i do look forward to your spinning once you receive a new camera :)

7. Elfoo
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:25:54

Congratulations! Nice combos, but your camera make more difficult to enjoy them, you should try to get a batter one. Nice coments mhig, constructive criticism in did.

8. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:27:08

thanks all =)

9. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:34:59

OKAY everyone lets make a fundraiser for SPRiNGFiELD to buy a shiny new camera =3

10. Twine
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:37:55

Lucky genetics! You have beautiful hands! YOU NEED A BETTER CAM Combo wise, I think that you spinning is a bit repetitive (as previously stated) and a bit spammy. I think that you need to include more variation and think out your combos before you film.

11. Gr3gY
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 05:11:20

Krispy Kreme wrote: OKAY everyone lets make a fundraiser for SPRiNGFiELD to buy a shiny new camera =3
    i second tis. it shall be named: SPRiNGFiELD's Intl Camera Fund

12. miyat
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 14:40:25

Yeah, need a better camera. I enjoyed it. Your spinning is unique. Good style.

13. funnky
    Date: Mon, Jun 20 2011 16:19:14

i havent seen this video in ages. still pretty good!