UPSB v4

Off-topic / Marvel vs. Capcom 3

1. iMatt
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 22:48:05

MvC3 launches tonight. Anyone buying it and what's your team looking like so far.

2. sangara
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 23:29:56

Shit it comes out tonight? I want it but I don't have a next gen console. :(

3. Goldstars
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 00:25:32

No Megaman. sosad

4. boshi
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 18:03:50

this game is fast paced right? cause i'v played street fighter and hated the slowness. Whats the gameplay like?

5. juggalo666666
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 18:17:22

I read the review in Gameinformer it looks awesome i would so like to see Deadpool in this game, he is in this game I just want to see him.

6. iMatt
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 20:04:40

Gameplay very fast paced, but be warned that this game is HARDCORE. With over 30 new characters, that's over (30) movelists you need to become familiar with, (3) of which you need to familiar with roughly everything to become a decent player. That's a lot fuckin buttons haha. The learning curve is a tad brutal since the amount of freedom in what you can do is pretty much anything your imagination can come up with. Difficulty aside, this game is downright fun. You can't put it down. That freedom also makes for some of the most entertaining and addictive gameplay I've felt in a long time. It feels more like you're facing the person than just another character matchup. That keeps this from becoming a game of stale chess (aka SSF4 Ryu vs Dhalsim). If you can afford it. BUY IT.

7. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 20:07:46

I used to play MVC2 a lot on dreamcast when I was younger, can't believe it's been that many years since they finally decide to release a new one.

8. iMatt
    Date: Tue, Feb 15 2011 21:50:25

The rise of SF4's popularity gave capcom a solid indicator the fighting game fans were still around. Not to mention MvC2 is STILL played competitively.

9. boshi
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:40:36

how is the online? does lag interfere with combos alot?

10. Biji
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 12:07:46

Phoenix... She's so unnghhhh

11. Eso
    Date: Sat, Feb 19 2011 06:09:32

Doing air combos, especially ones that require you to OTG them require a VERY specific set up for each and every different character. For example, some characters require you to jump up after the launcher a 1/5 of a second later than normal just so the air combo will fully connect. Others need you to immediately jump up after a launcher. It's annoying since in mvc2, you could just immediately jump up and be sure that the combo will always connect. Now you have multiple variables to consider. Aside from that, the freedom you get from this game is amazing. I just need to learn more about the system itself. I don't know what's the limits on how many ground bounces, wall bounces, etc. you get per combo. Knowing this would help a lot. But yeah, this game is balanced since everybody in this game does retarded amount of damage. You die fast as hell in this game. If you just picked up this game and face someone online, count on the fact that you will die very fast. Anyways, learning everybody now. Main team ATM is Wesker/Skrull/Chun Li

12. neXus
    Date: Sat, Feb 19 2011 09:43:14

How's the story in this game, why are they fighting?

13. boshi
    Date: Sun, Feb 20 2011 08:57:12

omg this game is awesome <3. im really digging dante and zero. any suggestions for a third? preferably a heavy damage dealer, but not sentinel.

14. Ohayo
    Date: Sun, Feb 20 2011 17:06:13

I just played this at my cousin's house and it is amazing ._. but i suck so hard, any tips on learning how to play?

15. Eso
    Date: Sun, Feb 20 2011 18:55:23

@Ohayo: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3

16. iMatt
    Date: Sun, Feb 20 2011 21:35:49

I've played stupid amounts of it. Sentinel Rapes. X-factor is broken. The damage is WAY too much. Makes matches quicker yes, but it takes away from the defensive aspects. Whoever lands the first hit rush down wins. Kind of annoying. Very super-turbo-ish. But even with ST there's still a heavy emphasis on defense/risk. As it stands I'm using Wolverine, Sentinel, and Akuma

17. Ohayo
    Date: Tue, Feb 22 2011 02:03:49

i really dont get the how i do moves with the x2, during, and the rotation of the joy stick >_>

18. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 15:59:22

Ohayo wrote: i really dont get the how i do moves with the x2, during, and the rotation of the joy stick >_>
    X2? Meaning tag supers? All you do is call out an assist do the Super motion for the assist character that comes out; then during that call in your 3rd assist character and do the super motion for them during the 2nd's super. These are the common movements in MVC3. Dragon-punch: Forward > Down > Down/Forward + Button(s) Reverse-DP: Back > Down > Down/Back + Button(s) QCF (quarter circle forward): Down > down/forward > forward + Button(s) (applies to the backwards motion as well) the Dragon-punch motion is much harder on a controller. Since there is no input shortcut like in SF4 you need to do the motion without just mashing the joystick corner. aka PRACTICE

19. tacohead12
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 16:07:14

The last fighting game I had was tekken 3 for my PS1 LOL I haven't really played anything either except for melee for a while back in the day. But I'm considering buying this game just cuz amaterasu :wub: I don't even know if she's good, but I love okami so whatever XD and I saw my friend playing online and it seems like everyone uses zero o-o

20. Ohayo
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 19:37:27

iMatt wrote: X2? Meaning tag supers? All you do is call out an assist do the Super motion for the assist character that comes out; then during that call in your 3rd assist character and do the super motion for them during the 2nd's super. These are the common movements in MVC3. Dragon-punch: Forward > Down > Down/Forward + Button(s) Reverse-DP: Back > Down > Down/Back + Button(s) QCF (quarter circle forward): Down > down/forward > forward + Button(s) (applies to the backwards motion as well) the Dragon-punch motion is much harder on a controller. Since there is no input shortcut like in SF4 you need to do the motion without just mashing the joystick corner. aka PRACTICE
    Playing as Dante (or anyone really) it says to preform (insert move here) during (require skill here) also anyone have tips on dante?

21. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 19:57:58

Ohayo wrote: Playing as Dante (or anyone really) it says to preform (insert move here) during (require skill here) also anyone have tips on dante?
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Dante

22. Ohayo
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 20:46:45

iMatt wrote: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Dante
    i still dont understand how to do skills like caratas, killer bee, or any of those skills >_>

23. iMatt
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 21:05:18

...try inputting the commands. I can't tell you how to do it any easier haha.

24. Ohayo
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 14:33:49

what do i do when people just sit in the corner or in the air throwing shit at you with their assist all day? PS fuck setinal

25. Knightpal
    Date: Thu, Apr 14 2011 16:43:08

I love this game. I actually just won 5 ranked matches in a row for that achievement yesterday (: Wesker/Akuma/X-23 ftw. Sentinel got nerfed just a bit, they chipped his health down under a million. Next nerf might include Phoenix... she's OPed to the max after she transforms into Dark Phoenix. aaaaand. I'm probably a scrub for using an Xbox controller buuuut that's how I roll.

26. Clyde
    Date: Thu, Apr 14 2011 17:02:37

i bought mvc 3 and dont understand a single shit from it..countering combos is so hard -.- you gotta press the same commands as your opponent does..and theres so many hyper combo cancel shit yada blablabal yada zzzz tekkens the only fighting game I could play -_-