UPSB v4

Off-topic / iPod Touch battery

1. k2
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 00:12:27

Hey guys, I've been having problems with my iPod touch battery. It's a 3G, 32 GB Touch. 4.1 software, jailbroken with limera1n. Up until very recently, like 2 days ago the battery was working fine. I would charge it up at night and take it to school. I would use it casually during school, meaning like, check my email and use safari. The battery would stay at around 90-95%, so it would barely drain 5% with casual use during the whole school day, so about 6-7 hours. On Thursday/Friday, I did the same things I usually do with my iPod at school and the battery drained a good 20-25%. I charged it up before I went to sleep and in standby mode the battery drained 10-15%. I've tried re-springing springboard, I've turned it off and back on, I've reset it, I've done basically everything except restoring the iPod. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 00:17:02

restore your ipod

3. Colin
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 01:12:28

Yeah, I have to say the same, except mine is an iPhone. With an iPhone, Id actually expect better results cause the battery is bigger. When I use certain apps and whatnot, itll crash, and Id have to manually power it back on and its like <20% battery. Ive restored it, doesnt work. I bought a new battery, but have yet to install it. Gotta find out how to open up the phone first. kthx

4. A.Sate
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 05:20:03

How long have you had it? Did you buy it new or used? Im guessing the battery Is starting to die, but it seems to sudden. Are you using that battery percentage setting to check battery life? Those can be very inaccurate at times.