UPSB v4

Philosophy / What do you think psing will mean to you 15 years from now?

1. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:00:36

I know that this is kinda like the "When do you think you will quit" thread (kinda), but I was thinking today. 15 years from now, what will psing really be to us? Will it be just one of those things that you look back on and think, "Ah... those were the good days.."? Will it bring a surge of nostalgia into your body, just remembering how much time and effort you put into such an addictive hobby? Maybe it's just like riding a bike. You may stop for a while and lose your skills, but really, you never forget, and you may just pick it up again in a while. Or will it just be completely forgotten altogether? I know this is stupid since no one even knows what will be going on in 15 years, but well, this was just a thought.

2. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:08:20

Hmm, I would be 31... I think Kam is nearing the early 30's, I can see myself still involved in the community (if it lasts that long) in differen't ways... I imagine almost all of you would be gone, which would be sad... and by then, we may see some older spinners with children of there own, so that would be interesting. I don't think i'll completely forget spinning... Obviousily spinning will have grown/changed in this time, hopefully for the better, and I'm hoping UPSB will still be around. Not sure how long Zombo is planning on commiting to this, I guess a lot of it depends on what happens to the community. I will never just leave spinning though... whether it be manipulations in general I think spinning will have a connection through other manipulations, or just involvement in the community/promoting spinning. :] Edit: I suppose this may be a bit disengenuos... If I just lose intrest in spinning because something else comes along which takes over my life, then maybe i'll just be gone. I know I wouldn't forget spinning though... But I might be preoccupied more with my life. I might still be in school at 31, and my priorities will be differen't... also who knows how much the world will change in 15 years D:. Or how much psing will change for that matter...

3. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:25:44

I don't think I can stop spinning :(. But then again, we can't predict the future, so we don't know what's next for us :/. Yeah we have some older spinners, Kam I think is 30, David Weis is 37? or around there. O.o, hopes UPSB still alive by then ;).

4. tacohead12
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:42:07

It will probably depend on how penspinning develops in the future. It could potential grow into a really big thing and is popular for many people. Or it might stay as a hidden community of dedicated people who do it as a hobby. I'm sure penspinning will never die though. I just don't know where it will go from here. I hope I can stay involved with the community, it is really enjoyable. Even if I somehow stop spinning I will always remember the time I spent on here :P Although I would like to believe I will always be a penspinner I don't know. I might mature and view it as a pointless thing like many other people ._. I hope not. Whatever though. Nobody knows what the future will bring. Especially with technology advancing so quickly

5. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:42:11

a distant memory...

6. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 07:28:08

i.suk wrote: a distant memory...
    But so far away.

7. God of Thunder
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 18:09:28

i will be 27, if i will work in an office, i will probably just do something like a cont. TA before i write something... I wont forgot it for sure!

8. God of Thunder
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 18:11:39

Escorpio123 wrote: I don't think I can stop spinning :(. But then again, we can't predict the future, so we don't know what's next for us :/. Yeah we have some older spinners, Kam I think is 30, David Weis is 37? or around there. O.o, hopes UPSB still alive by then ;).
    Wow! that would be UPSB v7054 :)

9. sangara
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 21:25:36

Honestly we could keep it alive, it wouldn't really be that hard, now that I've left and came back.... I never forgot it I still spun every day I wasn't getting better but I still spun. I've seen that I can work and still spin, I dunno I plan on trying to keep it alive as long as possible.

10. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 22:04:38

Keep it alive and going. If penspinning gets big enough, like its getting in japan/ thailand with actual competitions in america, i might like COACH! :) That way penwish would be like rich and more successful. But i'm wondering how certain tricks might evolve.....like, at first, the people in JapEn 1st were considered really good, not, not really...so years from now, i was wondering if people would start to spin like ponkotu to keep even more variety lol

11. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 22:30:02

IDK I guess it depends on how the community develops. I know I'll always be proud of the level I reached in it, I'll probably always spin writing utensils whenever I pick them up, I haven't really improved for a while though.

12. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 00:25:50

I will most probably be busy and won't have much time to get on, but I (hope) that this community lasts that long and I hope that I will be a part of it.

13. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 02:19:26

i just hope penspinning becomes a big thing in the future. Like a sport, a finesse sport. Sorta like figure skating: finesse. That's gonna be my argument lol. Oh how i wish it's become big. Then people like eriror, awesome (up there), kuzu, minwoo, etc. become respected figures/ athletes lol. If it becomes big in america, its big everywhere else in the world

14. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 02:40:39

kam would be like 45... O_o and i hope i will still be spinning maybe teach my future kids?

15. capoboy
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 15:44:45

I think I won't be able to stop spinning. I mean, whenever we hold a pen, we have the chance to spin right? Maybe, I won't improve my skills, but I think I'll maintain most of it. Anyway, it also depends on my future career, job, friends, and other factors.

16. Enigmatic
    Date: Sat, Apr 16 2011 17:03:13

15 years... I'm pretty sure I'm always going to keep a mod around to spin and whenever I get the chance I'll teach it to anyone that's willing to learn but I know I wont stop anytime soon, I'm kinda addicted to it lol

17. Velocity
    Date: Sat, May 14 2011 09:43:11

I would be 28 and i think i will still be able to do the simple ones like TA Harmonic and I wonder how our mods will look like in 15 years

18. Mastyk
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 13:37:10

I would probaly be that cool uncle that does tricks with pens and stuff XD But really, you can't forget how to spin. Take TA for example, any spinner could do it any time with anything. It's like forgetting how to walk :)

19. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 13:51:00

To think of it, ps is in its early stages now. Its mainly on the internet, and now, little by little, tv is starting to spread it now. In 15 years (I know im a newfag, and its kina weird comeing from me) we will be looked on as one of the first generations of spinners to spread our passion to the world. Im going to always keep spinning =]

20. Starryz97
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 15:50:43

i could be 29 by then o.o and i think perhaps we wont be spinning combo anytime instead we would like a newbs or something,doing sonic rise,TA harmonic or something like that but i guess no matter how old we are we wont stop spinning,once we touch the pen,we would know to spin it uh perhaps i will be in a office,make myself a retr.mod and spin and write lol :p but well i guess mostly will do double charge or things like that...... u dun wan tons of ppl looking you spamming bust or haitua or palm spin~FLTA like that...... or you will get famous and ur boss would think you nvr work seriously LOL

21. Wisp
    Date: Sat, Jul 30 2011 17:48:54

I already have a sexual attraction to pens, I think i'll just have to stay away from them when I quit.

22. SJ
    Date: Sat, Jul 30 2011 21:30:28

probably something that made me slightly cooler than other kids lol

23. wings
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 01:20:46

It will never die lol I've always wanted to learn when I was 7 how to pen spin and now I've learned so many things and if I quit then all those memories will just be a waste D:

24. Flarion
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 02:11:28

I feel like its going to evolve, like skateboarding It started out with people doing slalom and cool things like that, then it went to vert and modern street skating, etc We started with the fundamentals, then we moved onto combos, then there will be another aspect to it, like music synchro, lighting effects, camera things, to make it either a competition sport, or an art (like those new vids someone is making) I hope ill still spin at that point, it would still be nice to maintain dexterity as I get older

25. Zleepy
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 02:32:23

I'd be 27... hopenthe community lasts that long :D upsb v99?

26. DArKT
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 04:10:45

Hum...15 years...imagine spinerpeem,doing punkans with pens on his work...he would get a promo!!! Well,once a spinner,ALWAYS A SPINNER!!! everytime you touch a pen...you will start spinning!!! an example of that is my dentist...he must be in his fourty's now,and i went there with a mod...he took t from my hand,and started doing TA harmonica!!! pen spinning is older than JEB...much older...

27. tt0204
    Date: Sat, Sep 10 2011 13:50:25

15 years...I'm 29 I think I might spin like how peem, seven, s777 spin NOW. And my son(if I'm married)(or daughter) will have bad exam results because of doing what his(or her) dad does when working :D What I am thinking of is more interesting: Imagine when we all get old like 60-70 years old and... yes, a bunch of old man (and woman) spinning together lol

28. GenesisNoir
    Date: Sat, Sep 10 2011 15:06:07

i would probably be in my 30's in 15 years time. I would probably be very good by then cause i will never quit loll !!!! I would imagine myself working on a famous penspinning console game just like skateboarding games, working on combos in slo-mo and arials etc. i'll spin on and teach my children how to spin if im married. I will spin in my afterlife and the next, and the next and the next......x]

29. Kari
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 07:16:29

Hmm... In 15 years I will be 35. I'm sure I will still be spinning. Maybe not like I do now but still doing something regarding pen spinning is preferred. I think it would be great to have a psing school for those who want to learn. Especially since I love helping noobs and stuff I think I could be really good at that. ^_^ Also I want my kids (if I have any) to know how to spin and hopefully never better than me.

30. Reason
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 01:31:45

i would spin as long as i could move my fingers. But since technology is evolving at such a high rate, will we even be using pens in the future? what happens to pen spinning if you take away the pen?

31. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 13:28:42

On the whole, you will still have the younger generation coming into spinning as a school pastime or otherwise. To me, heh, I don't see why not, pens don't take up much space and it's something to do while watching TV when the adverts come on or otherwise.

32. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 16:38:47

It's good to do in lots of situations. I always carry an unsharpened pencil with me. It's great during anything boring - Waiting at a train station, during adverts, during sex, while watching cricket and it can make a good talking point at the pub or a party.

33. Kcom2002
    Date: Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:08:53

15 years later people will be spinning all sorts of crap. Spinning a pen would be like child's play.

34. erik123098
    Date: Fri, Jun 22 2012 13:58:03

The reason why I got so many patients. (I'm a medical student right nao)

35. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Fri, Jun 22 2012 14:20:14

And the half year old thread is revived :P Anyway, in 15 years time, I don't think I would be spinning :( because something always comes along and replaces my hobby. But then again I don't know.

36. Rozzi
    Date: Fri, Jun 22 2012 19:27:05

why not? i'll still spin.

37. Enkronidus
    Date: Sat, Jun 23 2012 03:29:04

Personally, I value PS. It's pretty entertaining and artistic, taught me a lot about the definition of style and stuff I wouldn't have known if I didn't discover PS So like, I'll still be on around the forum to chitchat and stuff. Maybe still PS as well but probably just only when I really have time

38. Eternity
    Date: Sat, Jun 23 2012 05:57:21

Well why not? I think I'd still be spinning pens, just modding less than I currently am. It's a great way to pass time. XD

39. abandonctrl
    Date: Fri, May 2 2014 03:13:10

Omg! In 15 years I will be 42 hahaha

40. jaredftw
    Date: Fri, May 2 2014 05:35:21

Guess I'll still spin like occasionally. Like whenever I see random pens, I'll do some noob tricks, doubt I'd still be as good. I'll be 30 years old then lol

41. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, May 2 2014 09:04:45

Now I know what I'm gonna do. I'm going to collect pen mods, yo-yos and put them in showcase in my living room as a hobby

42. abandonctrl
    Date: Wed, Sep 3 2014 15:51:37

Enkronidus wrote: Now I know what I'm gonna do. I'm going to collect pen mods, yo-yos and put them in showcase in my living room as a hobby
    Same I think it would be something awesome to show the grand kids when I'm old I mean seasoned ha forget coin tricks break out the pen and watch the kids lose their minds.

43. Pen15
    Date: Mon, Nov 3 2014 21:21:00

Wow 15 years later. Thats about how long i have been living. Can't even imagine. I think i would still spin after 5 years.