UPSB v4

Spammer's Bin / AP tests are expensive

1. nateiskewl
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:17:58

Seriously, you rich Asian nerds may have the money to pay $94 to take a test, but us real niggas is struggling in the streets. Fuck.

2. AwonW
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:19:35

Get reduced fees, yo. I paid 15 bucks for 3 tests last year.

3. sangara
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:31:30

Another idiot taking an AP test.

4. XYZaki
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:32:54

AwonW wrote: Get reduced fees, yo. I paid 15 bucks for 3 tests last year.
    wat. How?

5. AwonW
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:35:26

XYZaki wrote: wat. How?
    They offer fee reductions for families that have under a certain income that's based on how many people are in your family. See if you qualify, or you could just lie and say you're broke if you want to go that route.

6. davidguy
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:36:42

beats paying even more money just to take the course again in college

7. AwonW
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:43:23

davidguy wrote: beats paying even more money just to take the course again in college
    No it doesn't. Most of the time you need to retake the class in college even if you got a 5 on the test. AP tests are pretty much useless.

8. sangara
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:51:20

AwonW wrote: No it doesn't. Most of the time you need to retake the class in college even if you got a 5 on the test. AP tests are pretty much useless.
    Would you hold it against me if I told you I loved you?

9. AwonW
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:54:52

sangara wrote: Would you hold it against me if I told you I loved you?
    Depends. Do you love me?

10. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 05:56:58

Most of the time, colleges wont even acknowledge how you did on the AP exams... and if youre whining about the price of the tests, youre probably not in the financial class, planning on going to college so they shouldn't matter that much anyways. As far as I know, public education is "free" and all the exams you take for your classes are free as well.

11. sangara
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:03:52

AwonW wrote: Depends. Do you love me?
    At this moment. Yes.

12. AwonW
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 06:29:57

sangara wrote: At this moment. Yes.
    Then of course not :wub:

13. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 00:32:55

shoeman6 wrote: Most of the time, colleges wont even acknowledge how you did on the AP exams... and if youre whining about the price of the tests, youre probably not in the financial class, planning on going to college so they shouldn't matter that much anyways. As far as I know, public education is "free" and all the exams you take for your classes are free as well.
    Have you taken English before?

14. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 00:51:10

@AwonW lol they're not about getting credits in college, they're about getting INTO college you can't get into good schools without taking the hardest classes in highschool, obviously

15. Loanshark
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 01:10:01

At least you guys don't have to pay just to take an AP class >_>

16. AwonW
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 04:10:29

strat1227 wrote: @AwonW lol they're not about getting credits in college, they're about getting INTO college you can't get into good schools without taking the hardest classes in highschool, obviously
    I know that. I said that AP tests are useless. Obviously you need to take the hardest classes to get into the best colleges, but they couldn't care less how you do on your AP tests.

17. SJ
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 04:13:03

^lolwtf? thats just...absurd anyway, i think it depends. sometimes, it helps to take ap exams to get units in college. a lot of my friends had ap credits coming in so they were in sophomore standing when they were freshmen in college. and for my school at least, if you have more units, you can sign up for classes earlier than others can and sometimes, you dont have to take certain courses cuz of the AP tests. it really depends where you go to college. to say taking AP tests is useless is very misleading

18. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 04:18:58

nateiskewl wrote: Have you taken English before?
    Yup :]