UPSB v4

General Discussion / Commonwealth Games - Info

1. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 23:13:09

As many of you know the commonwealth games in Dheli will be starting soonish. I know in 2008 there was an Asia Cup held. There are many boards that are not able to compete in The main international tournaments, but rather than having all the x boards who did not get into the tournament compete (whcih i think is a pretty good idea) i also like the idea having a commenwealth pen spinning games akin to the Asia Cup. This will be a team tournament, kinda similar to the WC but with some differences that im planning. This is all open to discussion and change. I really dont want this to be that long but we'll see. What - Pen Spinning Commonwealth Games When - July 12 (Announcment of First Round Themes) Who - Any pen spinning group part of the commonwealth Why - To Allow smaller communities compete at an international level How - Using Mainly a Pool system - Each country should have a MINIMUM 4 Spinners, but MAXIMUM 6 SPINNERS ================================================================================ -Song has suggested a WT 1 v 1 games. I feel this is possible, but i still like the idea of team battles. So suggest what you feel is wanted. it may even be possible to have both. ================================================================================ -Battles with always be judged in pools, never by 1 vs 1 elimination. Using this method we do not need seeds, and lets say theres 8 commenwealth boards competing each round they will be ranked from 1-8. -Point system will be used as seen in the WC but additionally we will have side games that can be used to add to the teams total score. These side games are a bit more specific. For example, one side game might be "Best Copy Combo" where we will choose a combo to copy or "Best use of DC Comssa" and the top 3 or 4 teams attain additional points. As you can see these themes do not really fit into artistic and difficuly (although DC commssa spinning is difficult the win can still be awarded to the more artistic combo) Thes side games are optional, but of course highly recommended if teams are competing seriously. - Points will automatically be taken away if a team does not submit etc. ================================================================ I require a submission of all teams for the following: ========================================================= -A list of artistic themes a team would like to see in the tournament. -A list of Tehcnical themes a team would like to see in the tournament. -A list of Side Games a team would like to see in the tournament. I need these by 1 July. Feel free to make these what you would like. It does not have to be the themes seen in the world Cup. These themes will have an official vote to find out which will be showing up in the tournament. ============= MAJOR NOTE. Difficulty will not be theme a this year. This is because difficulty is a common factor in deciding ANY combo. HOWEVER , if you want busts, haituas, baks, or hard linkages as a theme please Do so. OR even you can have a theme that is "Baks + Busts" or "Busts + Haituas" ie comnbinations. But please DO NOT suggest difficlty as a theme. ========================================================= -An Official List of Their Team -An elected Judge to place into the judging team. You will not be sending this person's name to me, and instead will be sending it to another person to handle the judging team. I will be revealing to avoid rage on the judges etc. (however if you do have a proper argument witht het judges I will allow you to converse with them where their names would be hidden) I need this by Monday 5th of July =========================================================== The first day of the tournament (announcement of the video's) will then begin shortly after that. Most likely 12th of July where the announcments of the elected first roudn theme will be released. ============================================================ Tournamenet Stucture: There will be 4 Rounds ( i may extend to 5) in this tournament. Each round (every 2 weeks) will consist of: 1. A single Artsitic Theme 2. A Single Technical Theme 3. A Freeform Doubles Match OR A freeform Singles match The third battle will alternate each round between a Doubles match, and A Single Free form match. So round 1 its a doubles match round 2 its a singles, round 3 doubles round 4 singles. The teams will be Marked with specified criteria which i will be releasing. The mark is added to the total points of the team. This is so a spinner always receives equivalent credit to his hard work. The optional side games video's will also be due on this day. Only 1 spinner per sidegame per team is allowed. The teams will then be ranked from 1 to [amount of teams participating] to earn additional points for their theme. The higher the rank the higher the additional points. ================================================== If you feel against this or would like to suggest an addition please say so. Commonwealth Countries that i know have Competitive Spinners: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Name = Informed, and has verified that he/she will not be competing ? = Competitive spinner that still needs verification if competing ! = Interested and has Responded to invite + = Will most Likely compete after responding to invite # = Competing ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ==[ Australia - AusClan ]== # neoknux_009 - [Team Coordinator] # Pen-Ninja # I.SuK # k-Ryder # xShiningStar # jess. == [ Canada ]== # Wind # Darkrose # Awesome # miyat == [New Zealand ]== # Yosky - [Team Coordinator] # WalkingJacket # Tushix # AlienX Milk == [Singapore ] == # Springfield [Team Coordinator] # Joshy # Hippo2626 # Kari-Chan == [Malaysia - MYPSC] == (MYPSC is ordered here From Highest Rated to lowest) #ellusion67 #song #raTS96 #chiayi # cyshing (Team Coordinator) # stemza == [UK - PSUK] == # Ivesound [Team Coordinator] # Prince [Alternative Team Coordinator] # .:Remorse:. # Juminuwo # PerfectionPS # DarkgenesisspinnerxD Pen Island Mantis ======================================================================= Nomiated Themes so far: Technical ----------- Smoothness -2 Aerials - 3 speed -1 control - 1 Wipers - 1 Difficulty - 4 Artistic ------- Creativity - 4 body and env - 2 spinless - 1 slow spinning - 1 XPXH - 1 Side Games 2 hands (side game) single-sided only doubled-sided only weight specifics light mods only - like ungripped, untipped comssa cont. battles?e.g cont trick -> cont trick -> cont trick etc. Best Short (10 second) Impress Combo Best Original Trick Best Control of DC Commssa Performance Spinning (Long spinning, >= 45, seconds where Music is Mandatory and use of Music will be judged , im going to force this one) best use of rsvp mod Best Copy Combo (i will give like 3 combo choices) Best intergration of a rarely seen trick (like kamehameha release) Best Style Copy Combo (will give 3 combo styles to copy) finger dexterity 1 fingerless (spin with 4 fingers?)

2. miyat
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 23:32:47

/in for Canada

3. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 01:19:26

cool miyat. im assuming you have talked to wind etc?

4. Zubola
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 01:52:53

Hey can we get each team to post pre-tournament collabs? Not to have a qualification round, but just to kind of get to know the spinners of each team?

5. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 02:13:34

well i like the idea ^^ i guess i can request it.

6. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:08:24

my name is changed to i.suk now

7. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:25:57

good idea yosky =)

8. Wind
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 04:40:31

Collab won't be judged though, right?

9. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 06:10:37

no of course. the collab is just for like an intro for your team. Im not going to make it mandatory, but I recommend it because its cooler that way. xD

10. AlienX
    Date: Sat, Jul 3 2010 09:25:55

This is going to be interesting.... very interesting XD can't wait

11. cyshing
    Date: Sun, Jul 4 2010 09:44:52

Sorry, i will submit the themes in two days. sorry for the delay.

12. JoshPS
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 12:04:54

I've changed my name from joshy to JoshPS.. ... From singapore =D

13. Simplex
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 19:15:21

sorry im going to have to back out :( the past little bit ive gotten really sidetracked and i wont have enough time to participate in this :( im really really sorry for the inconvenience i've caused :(

14. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Jul 6 2010 01:37:11

simplex, can the canadian team still compete though?

15. Simplex
    Date: Tue, Jul 6 2010 23:12:46

yes! im trying to find a replacement :o

16. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 01:12:36

right thats cool. tell me asap simplex. um really if you guys dont give me the thmes in the next few days ill have to go ahead bc it was really due a couple days ago. ------------ also remember we are hosting a voluntary muck aroudn intro collab to introduce yuor team. this isnt mandatory but id be nice if ALL teams can participate. NZ, AUS,and Singapore are making intro collabs so remember. --------- abuot judges. Everyone should have their judge by now. I will be giving the judges a criteria sheet with scoring instructions. This criteria sheet is a GUIDELINE, you do NOT have to follow it exactly as it impossible to define spinning in 1 sheet. I have tried my best however to give reasonable descriptions of what highly rated combo consists of. If you feel that you shuold score a spinner higher for difficulty and he/she does not match with the criteria sheet information, then feel free to mark him/her higher anyway. i do recommend the judge put a comment on this score incase anyone complains about it in the future. they are GUIDELINES. ========= The Side games will not have a criteria sheet, and the spinners will be ranked from 1 - amount of competing spinners. If the rankigns are too unbalanced (like there is no clear ranking) the judges will have to meet each other in msn or any other form of contact to rank them. =========== thanks to everyone for participating. the games should be a success. ;]

17. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 05:33:06

alright. rough version of the crteria sheet is up. im fully ready to change descriptions if you guys want please say so. this is for Singles NO THEME only. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdzfx1yymj5

18. Zubola
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 05:43:28

walkingjacket, not WalkingJacket

19. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 05:49:52

i.suk not I.SuK xP

20. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 10:50:46

we have decided to elect creativity , smoothness for the themes for now. i apologise if its too little but we are still thinking about this as for judges, we have yet to actually find someone suitable for that, sorry. it may take awhile. i am still unsure about side games (are they supposed to be teamed or something? )

21. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 04:06:37

right...i NEED ALL MEMEBERS AND JUDGES READY BY the 11th! canada, i cant let you in without a fourth member. you can keep simplex if you want, since technically he doesnt have to compete. this is bc there will be 3 battles, and optional side games per round...so please hurry up with that. it was due last week. side games are optional games where each country may send in one spinner to compete. eg best 10 second combo, etc. im going to go ahead and lock in the themes and side games. its really too late for anyone else to vote atm. so on the 12th im going to gather all the higest voted themes and side games and draw from a cup which i will record for everyone to see. ALSO ive created a youtube account for everyone to use. it is PSCommonwealthGames. PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS HERE! This includes your combo's and your optional TEAM INTRO VIDEO. I would like all intro videos to be made be uploaded to this channel by the 11th..tmr. To the team coordinators i will be giving you all the password. Also use the format: [Round X] Theme - Spinner Name for battle videos.

22. song
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 16:08:06

can anyone tell me why "baks+bust+aerials"can be nomiated as theme?

23. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:30:05

ive already justfied this in my first post... The original intention was to replaec difficulty with a more specific theme, since difficulty is too broad and should ALWAYS be judged for any combo. eg how can you compare wiper difficulty to power tricks? Right song, so aerials is a theme right? Well if aerials is a branch of tricks, so are busts and baks. So an interesting theme could be a combination of all 3. BUT BECAUSE everyone didnt realize this as much as i tried to reinforce it, it seems that [B]im going to have to let difficulty be a theme[/B]. im going to have to rework a new criteria sheet for this as well, but we'll see. what im goign to do is increase the weighting of difficulty, while equally decreasing the weighting on others. This will be the same case for smoothness and creativity.

24. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:55:50

finger dexterity 1 fingerless (spin with 4 fingers?) for minigame?

25. song
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 04:16:32

neoknux_009 wrote: ive already justfied this in my first post... The original intention was to replaec difficulty with a more specific theme, since difficulty is too broad and should ALWAYS be judged for any combo. eg how can you compare wiper difficulty to power tricks? Right song, so aerials is a theme right? Well if aerials is a brance of tricks, so are busts and baks. So an interesting theme could be a combination of all 3. BUT BECAUSE everyone didnt realize this as much as i tried to reinforce it, it seems that [B]im going to have to let difficulty be a theme[/B]. im going to have to rework a new criteria sheet for this as well, but we'll see. what im goign to do is increase the weighting of difficulty, while equally decreasing the weighting on others. This will be the same case for smoothness and creativity. but however, since most of the teams have ignored my boundaries and chosen difficulty anyway, im going toh ave to rework some of the judging criteria and make it a theme.
    ok,thx for explaining and sorry for all all the troubles

26. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 05:55:00

SPRiNGFiELD wrote: finger dexterity 1 fingerless (spin with 4 fingers?) for minigame?
    k. i will add this to the mini game options.

27. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:01:21

For the min games, Uhh Non dominant hand spinning?

28. darkrose
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 15:29:38

in for canada ^^)

29. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 18:01:45

neo, are yu adding this to the tournament section?

30. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 02:16:28

all side game elections closed yesturday. hey darkrose, welcome. good to see canada is still competing.

31. cyshing
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 12:12:24

How do you define finger dexterity? not all spinners' fingers can independently bend touch palm. And neoknux, will you announce the theme in new thread? i hope i don't miss anything.

32. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 14:35:33

moves that requires lots of difficulty finger positions. example, advanced flush sonic variations, 14 slot positions, t3 slot positions, finger crosses, exotic finger wipers etc. Spinners such as: fire@fox, fratleym, s777.

33. miyat
    Date: Wed, Jul 14 2010 18:11:42

Question here: Is the a minimum/maximum time for combos? (sorry if this has already been answered.) Anyways, good luck all.

34. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Jul 15 2010 02:40:28

actually yes that is my fault. standard 15 - 25 seconds.

35. walkingjacket
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 07:45:53

15 - 25 seconds? Darn, I thought it was 10 - 25 seconds since Taeryong has sent in a 13 second video for WT09 before. I'm going to have a hard time meeting the time limit...

36. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Dec 26 2010 14:02:30

hmm when shall results be released...