UPSB v4

Board Comments / People with no posts can edit our Wiki!

1. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 14:57:52

Not good, not wise. Someone can literally sign up and change (or delete) anything they want! It should be some kind of minimum post count or something. Maybe some kind of way to protect an article against someone who has got less than x posts?

2. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 17:23:07

theres not enough activity on the wiki anyway there hasn't been vandalism so its ok for now

3. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:04:41

There has been no vandalism, however, there has been some rubbish editing. I guess if the wiki was changed drastically, we can revert back in the history? But it seems prudent to 'prevent' rather than 'react' to these kind of situations. I will however agree, there has been a lack of wiki activity. I'm not sure that changing who can edit the wiki will do much for this, it's always come down to a few members doing most of the editing.

4. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 19:36:29

Someone with 0 post can a have a greater intellect than you, you'd be surprised.

5. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 20:27:47

Im-still-here wrote: Someone with 0 post can a have a greater intellect than you, you'd be surprised.
    That's possible, but most wouldn't know anything unless they were coming from another board.

6. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:14:06

Snorky wrote: That's possible, but most wouldn't know anything unless they were coming from another board.
    That's what I ment when i was saying that too lol

7. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:17:41

Im-still-here wrote: That's what I ment when i was saying that too lol
    Oh, well now that I think about it your post makes a lot more sense now. Do people really switch boards that often though?

8. JC
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:22:12

Snorky wrote: Oh, well now that I think about it your post makes a lot more sense now. Do people really switch boards that often though?
    Many people who go on other boards also come on UPSB being that this is the universal board, and so people come here to trade and find out WT/WC updates and such. People don't switch their main boards all that often, but many do make an account on UPSB even though their main board is something else.

9. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:22:17

Snorky wrote: Oh, well now that I think about it your post makes a lot more sense now. Do people really switch boards that often though?
    Occasionally, some members from other boards switch because they want to do some research, trade or simply converse with members from other pen spinning boards. I know some that make an account just to edit the wiki but they are very knowledgeable and pen spinning. Some find the switch being permanent as they fall in love with other board communities. It all varies though.

10. ₧£jiƒ
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 14:14:45

Juub