UPSB v4

Pen Spinning Relations / The Welcome Message

1. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 14:54:50

I haven't got the current welcome message... However, I promise you it is longer than any English essay and less concise than The Bible. Anyways, here is the revised one.

Welcome to UPSB! Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask using the contact us form at the bottom right. Please first get acquainted with [our rules.] Learn the UPSBv4 board features: [click here] You should introduce yourself by making a topic in the [Introduction section] and by updating your [profile.] Furthermore, threads are tagged by our users to find them more easily. Use the tag search feature [here.] Yet another resource we have is the [wiki.] It is maintained by members of our board. Finally, the shoutbox is a valuable resource as well. It is very active and a great way to know other members of our boards. Ask questions there and others will answer you. Please read the rules of conduct for the shoutbox, located in the ticket at the top of the shoutbox. If you find a particularly useful post or answer, don't forget to thank the poster by clicking the + button! Conversely, bad posts should be REPORTED. A great way to get started in Pen Spinning is to read the following threads: - [Fundamentals FAQ] - [Starters Guide to Pen Mods] - [Pens & Mods Resource Thread List] - [How To Make a Pen-Modification Tutorial] (<- please read this if you are planning to make a mod tutorial) - [General Resources List] Enjoy your stay at UPSB! 1.Help us run our site, support us by getting a [premium membership.] You can also buy UPSB merchandise at [Penwish.]
    So yeah all the things that are bracketed have a link to the appropriate page (the same as before). Still a bit long I think, but hard to see where to trim.

2. strat1227
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 19:06:06

we all know you've gotten it you made like 8 duplicate accounts. feedback we've gotten from ACTUAL new members however has been all positive, so unless people complain we'll probably leave it.

3. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 19:07:48

strat1227 wrote: we all know you've gotten it you made like 8 duplicate accounts.
    True, but I didn't save a copy of it and all those accounts are banned!
    feedback we've gotten from ACTUAL new members however has been all positive, so unless people complain we'll probably leave it.
    Fair enough.

4. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:18:07

Well yeah naturally they got banned. I don't understand why you made them in the first place o_O? Just for the welcome message?

5. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:24:34

Nachoaddict wrote: Well yeah naturally they got banned. I don't understand why you made them in the first place o_O? Just for the welcome message?
    Well I pretty much made them just to flame AwonW. Except one of them which I made to make a couple of adjustments to the wiki. However, AwonW and I have made up, I think. At least, I said sorry to him and all that. =/