UPSB v4

General Discussion / Pen variables

1. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 20:18:08

Most people think of length and weight when describing a pens spinnability Heavy and long pens = very easy to spin while light short pens = very hard to spin What about other variables such as drag, weight distribution (on all axi), diameter, texture, mass, material, density, and all the other things that can change how a pen spins?

2. Spinproven
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 21:57:41

hmmm. . . . i think the diameter of the barrel is just as important as the lenth and weight, not exactly sure about density lol unless u spin underwater xD

3. Resonance
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 14:09:06

first of all, your basic assumption that heavy and long is easier to spin and that short and light is hard to spin is wrong. it just depends on the person. I can probably spin my metallic comssa better than a CYL. But yeah, there are a lot of different variables when considering a pen- slippery or grippy barrel, diameter of barrel, flexible or "hard" body, etc.

4. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 14:11:59

Haha, I was trying to make a generalization like that's how most people think, but there are many other factors. For instance, what makes the metallic comssa better than the cyl for you personally? if you could figure these things out other than simply long and heavy mod is easy to spin you could figure out how to tune your mods for the best spinning. =]/

5. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Jun 26 2010 14:26:28

body texture makes a big difference for me in heavier mods (like, with a new supertip for buster body, i drop way more often (and can't do fingerless stuff anywhere near as well) than i do with the body i've used for a year or so) but whether one spins better/finds spinning a 'short, light' or 'long, heavy' pen is based on how long they've been spinning that mod and what they're used to e.g. little doubt that kin spins an mx better than he'll spin a buster (who knows, but i don't think he can get any bettter with a heavy mod xD); and Nia spins a mod with a hexagonal pencil body, and he can do tricks no one else can do with it. (even though most spinners would be uncomfortable with a hexagonal, narrow body) is anything inherently easier to spin? probably yes...but no fair test can be made =\

6. ghost-driver
    Date: Mon, Aug 2 2010 18:21:07

I tried a lot of alternatives that I`ve taken from writing services and among all the materials I prefer plastic)

7. EliteN00Bz
    Date: Tue, Aug 3 2010 14:20:31

What's good 4 u i guess

8. papa happy
    Date: Wed, Aug 4 2010 08:07:24

i like then long and heavy : ) but im sure its what ever the person likes!