UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Assisted Tricks

1. Rawrzapan
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 21:47:57

Can someone explain assisted tricks to me? Are they actually as simple as just putting your hand there and guiding the pen? Because if so why do Minwoo and Freeman use them so often?

2. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 22:34:39

1. It looks good. 2. A big part of assisted tricks is to perform actual tricks with the hand that is doing the assisting (1 pen 2 hands simultaneously)

3. Rawrzapan
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 22:38:56

@hoiboy So like if you did an assisted thumb-flap charge, you'd use the hand with out the pen in the thumb-flap to do the motion?

4. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 00:50:22

Basically an assisted trick is just what i sounds like, a trick done in one hand with assistance by the other hand. This can be done in varying degrees; to facilitate transfers; or just for visual purposes. If you did an assisted thumb flap charge I would view that as more stylistic than anything, but you would make the charge motion with your opposite hand. I find assisted tricks to be more beneficial when you have a direction change or in leu of any alternate push. Really it's a matter of personal preference, a couple reasons why I think people do them so much is because it's fun, and you have more control over the pen.

5. Rawrzapan
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 01:47:21

@shoeman6 So basically the assisted tricks main uses are; ascetics, changing rotation and transfers. I guess that makes sense, since they are both spinners that favor style.