UPSB v4

News & Announcements / Betamoderator Evaluation For shoeman6

1. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 06:36:41

It's one month already since [B]shoeman6[/B] has been promoted, so it is time for him to pass the public evaluation. Please no flaming, post comments / feedback if you wish so. Remember that while the results of the poll are of great importance, the rest of the moderating staff have the final say on the decision.

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 06:38:12

Shoeman is pretty good. I think he should get full mod status. The only thing is I don't know if it's just me or coincidence but I don't happen to see him around a lot or moderating a lot. Idk could just be me because of finals week :dunno:

3. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 06:44:42

he performed 82 moderator actions in 1 month. this does not include shoutbox commands.

4. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 07:38:31

Zombo wrote: he performed 82 moderator actions in 1 month. this does not include shoutbox commands.
    Gave me 1 infraction and deleted 4 of my posts >:} haha poke war on facebook :D

5. Wind
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 08:06:46

Still wondering why he added my friend randomly on facebook... But yeah sure. Grant full status. I don't see why not.

6. Mike
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 08:22:58

I got nothing against shoeman, he's a cool guy, but I just think someone more mature might do the job better. Strip powers. I still don't see how we suddenly need a Shoutbox Mod too.

7. Rarity
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 08:44:01

Mike wrote: I still don't see how we suddenly need a Shoutbox Mod too.
    I got an infraction banning me from shoutbox because I spamed. There's a lot of trashtalking going on in SB. shoeman is doing his job well there. Grant full mod status

8. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 09:05:16

Night Fury wrote: I got an infraction banning me from shoutbox because I spamed.
    Me too :<

9. strat1227
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 09:06:33

@Mike right now only about 3 full mods ever check the shoutbox, and the 3 of us can't be on there all the time, it's just better to have more manpower it was really often that when we'd sign on we'd have several new reports that nobody had seen yet, happens much much less often now with more active people

10. Wisp
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 10:22:44

He is friendly and helped me with a question I had. I can't vote, but I would say grant mod ^.^

11. J A Z Z
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 11:03:54

NO BECAUSE HE SAID HE HATED JAZZ. ._. Jk.. Haha chill guy, yes I think he should become full mod:)

12. bonkey12
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 11:17:27

grant full mod.. he's been really helpful to me :)

13. Tetsip
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 13:16:49

Grant to mod.

14. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 13:34:57

Up until yesterday, I would have said grant, but now I'm saying not. Not a very good handling of deleting a post (that may not even have initially needed deleting?). :S

15. Holypie
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 14:49:58

Full mod.

16. Light
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 19:53:12

yeah full mod, hes been very helpful :D Especially the changing of my team name :) 9 Pillars into Limit Break

17. hoiboy
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 00:15:28

@AwonW: he passed the test :D

18. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 00:37:44

Honestly, shoeman has been a pretty amazing mod. Shoeman has been really helpful and is always active on the board. Shoeman is always there to lend a hand and give an honest, expert opinion about what you ask him. He's really welcoming and overall, would make an incredible addition to the mod group on the board here.

19. Chicharron
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 01:57:14

ShoeMan6 Can suck my dick.

20. Chicharron
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 02:28:54

Shoeman6 can watch me as i Teabag his mom

21. chili pepper
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 03:21:32

he beat me in mafia. otherwise, he's always on the shoutbox and does a kickass job. full mod

22. TheAafg
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 17:23:26

He is a pretty good mod, he actually takes some action against spamming in the shoutbox and gives warnings. I posted a large picture in the sb and i got a warning from him. He actually does his job and helps out beginners. He is not only very friendly but a very great mod.

23. Loanshark
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 23:20:42

Mike wrote: I got nothing against shoeman, he's a cool guy, but I just think someone more mature might do the job better. Strip powers.
    Pretty much sums up what I wanted to say.

24. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:12:35

25. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:29:46

well now we see how @hoiboy voted lol

26. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:35:11

Hahah, thanks hoiboy, but I think that the thread is under a standard template used for all of the beta-mod evaluations :p.

27. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:38:38

OHHHHHHHHHH so THAT'S how you tell :facepalm: i was looking over for indicators that might give away how i voted before i posted the pic... and i couldn't find any :P

28. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:44:41

What you can't read italics? :P lol

29. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:49:02

@hoiboy; What I could do to be a better moderator?

30. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 01:55:58

It's not that you're a bad moderator, I just feel that their are other people better suited for the job. It's a lot like when Stevieboy7 was under eval, a lot of people just thought that someone else could do the job better. I could be completely wrong. Maybe you are the best choice for shoutbox mod. My vote should be more like this: Keep shoeman6 as a mod unless a better replacement can be found, and if a better replacement can't be found, then you're on full-time.

31. Biji
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 05:58:24

Didn't notice anything different, really. Probably means he's doing a good job Probably,

32. colourfulXinsanity
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 19:50:30

Mike wrote: I got nothing against shoeman, he's a cool guy, but I just think someone more mature might do the job better. Strip powers.
    ^ This. 100x this. I've been against his grant as a full mod from day one. Personally, I don't think he's fit for the job at all.

33. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 20:25:42

people are hating on shoeman cause he actually does the job, and warns people to not break the rules ^^

34. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 20:27:44

people are hating on shoeman because they have long memories and "first impression is everything". shoeman6 was not a very respected member when he first started so that's why old members bash him, but he has changed and we recognize that. to me it's a sign that there's always hope to redeem yourself if you honestly improve your attitude. its a good message to send to newer members that might have not started right but want to become serious. it's a better message than saying we don't forgive your past, so might as well continue acting badly.

35. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 21:14:59

Zombo wrote: people are [B]hating[/B] on shoeman because they have long memories and "first impression is everything". shoeman6 was not a very respected member when he first started so that's why old members bash him, but he has changed and we recognize that. to me it's a sign that there's always hope to redeem yourself if you honestly improve your attitude. its a good message to send to newer members that might have not started right but want to become serious. it's a better message than saying we don't forgive your past, so might as well continue acting badly.
    Maybe "hating" is too strong of a word...

36. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:50:46

hoiboy wrote: Maybe "hating" is too strong of a word...
    dis-liking?

37. Eso
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 09:11:34

hoiboy wrote: It's not that you're a bad moderator, I just feel that their are other people better suited for the job.
    Whoever they are, they didn't apply.

38. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 09:21:29

Eso wrote: Whoever they are, they didn't apply.
    oh i applied all right and i think im the best equiped for the job....

39. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 21:12:24

everyone wants a moderator who lives in "Fuck You Valley!"

40. spinford
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 22:33:54

Yes shoe man! I respect you! Go on and do your moderating job you are perfect for this!

41. Light
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 02:07:49

shoeman6 is the shittt, grant full mod :D thanks for all the help bro^^

42. Rapid
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 07:36:39

he gave me an infaction :((( GRANT FULL MOD! means hes doing his job :D

43. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 02:48:51

Yo so I spoke to a lotta people the last few days and there is a growing concern about his ability to do the job properly. =/ I see that ~25% did not vote to allow mod power. It may seem a landslide at first (with 75% for), but how many people would have just come on here, no seen any action Shoeman did and just vote yes? It's difficult to make someone vote no for you, you have to actually do something rubbish for that to happen. To do something bad to 25% of voters, well that's not very good. Edit: Oh yeah and what was with changing my shout in shoutbox to something I didn't say?

44. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:02:58

@Mats People with concerns are usually more outspoken than those with praise. I'm open to constructive critisicm, however usually the trend is the opposite of what you have stated, where people vote no for people they haven't seen moderate, or people who appreciate the job someone is doing don't speak up. As for editing your shouts, I have not edited any of your shouts recently, so i'm not sure what you're talking about. The last time I edited one of your shouts is when you posted an innapropriate link while evading your shoutbox ban using another account... If you had a direct instance/concern in mind feel free to PM me about it and i'll explain to you why I took the actions I did. Edit: Also, I'm not aware of this growing concern... I wish these people would post or PM me telling me how I could improve D:.

45. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:17:33

shoeman6 wrote: @Mats As for editing your shouts, I have not edited any of your shouts recently..
    And where all those times appropriate? You and I both know that it cannot be said all times you did this were appropriate.
    The last time I edited one of your shouts is when you posted an innapropriate link while evading your shoutbox ban using another account
    I can assure you I do not post inappropiate links. This simply did not happen.
    ... If you had a direct instance/concern in mind feel free to PM me about it and i'll explain to you why I took the actions I did.
    Yeah... I have sent three so far and you haven't replied to any of them with a satisfactory answer.
    Edit: Also, I'm not aware of this growing concern... I wish these people would post or PM me telling me how I could improve D:.
    Perhaps they will. I refuse to speak for them, but I have spoken to people about you since you became a beta mod and let's just say that not everyone is happy.

46. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:32:51

Mats wrote: And where all those times appropriate? You and I both know that it cannot be said all times you did this were appropriate. I can assure you I do not post inappropiate links. This simply did not happen. Yeah... I have had three so far and you haven't replied to any of them with a satisfactory answer. Perhaps they will. I refuse to speak for them, but I have spoken to people about you since you became a beta mod and let's just say that not everyone is happy.
    - Yes, shoutbox edit are logged, I don't go around editing peoples shouts randomly as you seem to believe. You may be mistaken as to who edited your shout. - Appropriateness is questionable and under the discretion of moderators. Also, evading bans and creating multiple accounts is blatantly against the rules. - I know of 3 instances as well... including the one under discussion at this time. In each case I thought we resolved the problem at hand to your satisfaction. Since we have already resolved these privately I'll go ahead and list them. 1. Deleted post. 2. Infraction for not searching. 3. Edited shout. And this is how we resolved them. 1. I explained to you how this post was inappropriate, and why it was deleted. 2. I reverted the infraction when it became clear that your account had been "hacked" 3. I explained to you why your post was edited. - I am aware that not everyone is "happy" that I am a moderator but if anyone has issues with my[B] moderation[/B], I would like to hear about it so I can continue to improve, I know I can't satisfy 100% of people, as people still need to be held accountable for their actions, but I try my best. If there are any concerns with the way I am moderating It's pretty important that I know so I can fix or at the very least, am aware of them...

47. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:40:33

people who are upset always vote, people who aren't upset don't vote as much, 75% is good even if everyone did vote but in actuality this translate to more like 90% for 10% against, just so we get the facts straight here Edit: @Mats who'd you ask? trentsteel and PaulF? come on man, if someone has something to say they can say it themselves or VOTE. if they're not doing that then they clearly don't care that much we don't need you causing more problems with vague accusations

48. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:45:03

iMat became a mod with 74.47% so i think shoeman should become a mod 75 is pretty good in case anyone is wondering 76.27% > 74.47% so shoeman should become a mod

49. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:45:07

- Appropriateness is questionable and under the discretion of moderators. Also, evading bans and creating multiple accounts is blatantly against the rules.
    It's often good to try and discredit critics. In this case, however, you are trying to discredit someone who is already out of credit with nearly all UPSB staff. Things such as this should not reflect on the facts that are posted in this post.
    1. I explained to you how this post was inappropriate, and why it was deleted.
    I was unhappy with this explanation, but let it go so as to not cause hassle. This one, done.
    2. I reverted the infraction when it became clear that your account had been "hacked"
    You were very unbelieving of my saying the account was hacked, even when it was clear the messages had come from different IP addresses. <_<
    3. I explained to you why your post was edited.
    You deleted a light hearted post that adds to USPB. I complained, you basically sent a nothing reply. Now this is beginning to get into a long discussion and I didn't want to see that happen. If someone else would like to come forward and critisize then that's fine, but I'm unlikely to post up any replies after this.
    Edit: @Mats who'd you ask? trentsteel and PaulF? come on man
    That made me laugh Strat, good one. :lol:

50. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:51:49

mats sorry but 3 days after ban and lying and creating fake accounts to flame other users, you have no credibility

51. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 03:53:13

Mats wrote: It's often good to try and discredit critics. In this case, however, you are trying to discredit someone who is already out of credit with nearly all UPSB staff. Things such as this should not reflect on the facts that are posted in this post. I was unhappy with this explanation, but let it go so as to not cause hassle. This one, done. You were very unbelieving of my saying the account was hacked, even when it was clear the messages had come from different IP addresses. <_< You deleted a light hearted post that adds to USPB. I complained, you basically sent a nothing reply. Now this is beginning to get into a long discussion and I didn't want to see that happen. If someone else would like to come forward and critisize then that's fine, but I'm unlikely to post up any replies after this.
    - Not sure what you're trying to say, Seems like a load of nothingness... - Perhaps you need to reevaluate what you consider appropriate for a general audience. - You created multiple accounts with multiple IP addresses, you also directly threatened to cause havoc through the use of multiple IP addresses, if this wasn't a cause for suspicion I'd be an incompetent moderator. - We exchanged [B]multiple[/B] messages... Any further concerns you personally have, I would prefer dealing with through PM, as they seem more like personal grievances than general comments on my moderating ability.

52. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 04:05:07

im not sure why but shoeman seems to be more believable i mean hes only a betamod and youre like ahalf banned person

53. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 15:26:36

iMatt displayed similar numbers to shoeman6 and passed the test, so there's no reason why shoeman6 shouldn't pass too. However, if shoeman6 would rather make sure he settles everything properly, as it seems the critics are more vocal this time around, then he should be allowed a re-evaluation and resolve those issues.

54. iMatt
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 15:55:42

Pretty much what zombo said. Shoeman's been doing a good job. He watches the shoutbox, does a fair amount of forum moderating as well. Not sure why people dislike him lol.

55. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 16:19:27

nobody seems to dislike him, aside from Mats being pissy everyone has just said "kinda immature" or 'maybe there's someone better' dunno what they're basing this on but they're entitled to that opinion, but as far as the voting goes i think it should be approved.

56. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 00:14:12

I voted retain as beta mod. I feel that a moderator is a position of responsibility and demands respect from the community, hence they should be held to a high standard to obtain such a position, virtually everyone should agree with on becoming a mod, anything less undermines the current mods authority. Situations that actually test a mods ability are rare, and there are rather strong doubts about shoeman6's actions in these situations, I voted retain to give shoeman more time to resolve these issues. EDIT: this isn't like iMatt, iMatt is the most respected penmodder we have right now, sure he might have had questionable votes, but his ability and authority when it comes to penmods factors in as well, shoeman6 garners no such respect from his abilities per se so the vote should count for a lot more in his case

57. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 00:22:44

its not that they count for a lot more, but rather that there is nothing to outweigh them (in your opinion) you're saying imatt has its in "pro" column expert pen modder, whereas shoeman6 has nothing comparable in his "pro" column. the "con" is similar in both cases/

58. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 00:31:04

yeah pretty much, like think in school if all your marks are on the final exam and you do poorly on it you fail the course, but if there is course work an you did well on it that might bring your mark up. Shoeman's case is all on his exam, iMatt had homework as well, so the test grade might be the same, but iMatt gets a higher final mark

59. Mats
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 00:39:59

strat1227 wrote: aside from Mats being pissy everyone has just said "kinda immature" or 'maybe there's someone better'.
    I reject this statement. I'm not being 'pissy'. I'm just saying that shoeman has not proven himself in the beta phase.

60. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 00:45:42

reject it all you like but you broke the rules and shoeman fixed it and now you're raising hell, he did absolutely nothign wrong and did exactly what ANY mod would do.

61. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 00:59:04

@Mats, I respect your opinion as much as any other user of UPSB, I don't have too, but I do. From what I've heard from you specifically, it seems most of your concerns have to deal with personal incidents which I am open and willing to work on with you, but you continually reject. If your idea of proving myself in the beta phase is making you happy, you would be dissapointed...

62. Van
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 01:03:32

well i might go off topic a little; but Shoeman was the only judge in the beginners tourney who actually did not judge at the last minute, and got to judge Sam vs. TheAafg; I think he is responsible as a mod

63. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 01:05:48

Judging was due tuesday All the judges judged at least with a day extra

64. Van
    Date: Tue, Feb 8 2011 01:07:05

Still if u didnt wait until the day before, u couldve judged Sam and TheAafg <_<

65. Prince
    Date: Wed, Feb 9 2011 15:53:10

Missed this vote... Would have granted anyway, glad youre in alex. Been very busy lately, and some stuff has come up, grats anyway! :D

66. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 03:42:20

Actually, my opinion of shoeman is beginning to shift. I would perhaps like to see another month of beta, to 100%. I would however, not be complaining if shoeman were to made a full mod. My conclusion being, shoeman is not brilliant for the job, but can do it and no-one else is coming forward (so says Zombo).

67. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 04:12:31

I would happily become a mod, but Zombo nominated shoeman6. I would come forward, but I feel inadequate I guess, IDK

Mats wrote: Actually, my opinion of shoeman is beginning to shift. I would perhaps like to see another month of beta, to 100%. I would however, not be complaining if shoeman were to made a full mod. My conclusion being, shoeman is not brilliant for the job, but can do it and no-one else is coming forward (so says Zombo).

68. Eso
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 08:31:26

Awesome wrote: I would happily become a mod, but Zombo nominated shoeman6. I would come forward, but I feel inadequate I guess, IDK
    Didn't see you submit an application. To all those that are so opposed to shoeman, why the hell didn't you guys submit an application? Or urge someone you'd like to see become a mod submit one? Now it's all water under the bridge so you really don't have anything to complain about.

69. Mike
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 09:26:29

Eso wrote: Didn't see you submit an application. To all those that are so opposed to shoeman, why the hell didn't you guys submit an application? Or urge someone you'd like to see become a mod submit one? Now it's all water under the bridge so you really don't have anything to complain about.
    I never knew you could just, "apply". I thought those people were chosen by you guys, being the Admin and Mods. Even then, I would never apply because I'm not good enough for the job.

70. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:41:27

Eso wrote: To all those that are so opposed to shoeman, why the hell didn't you guys submit an application?
    Check. Laughed out of the office.
    Or urge someone you'd like to see become a mod submit one?
    Check. They refused.

71. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 15:06:11

Mats wrote: Check. They refused.
    never seen you do that

72. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 15:08:35

Zombo wrote: never seen you do that
    You would have to be big brother to have seen it.

73. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 15:12:56

Mats wrote: You would have to be big brother to have seen it.
    so you made a suggestion for a moderator, that the staff have never seen any application of, whats the point?

74. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 16:12:45

Zombo wrote: so you made a suggestion for a moderator, that the staff have never seen any application of, whats the point?
    All I'm saying, is that I said to him/her/them that he/she/they would make (a) good moderator(s) and said he/she/they should apply, but he/she/they didn't.

75. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 16:14:39

ok, so again, he/she/they/it don't fall into the realm of "possible moderators" because they don't want to be one so among the realm of "possible moderators", shoeman is, again, obviously the best option i honestly thing he's the a great option among the realm of all members, but CERTAINLY the best among possible moderators

76. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 16:15:59

They didn't seem to understand the application process... Their grasp of English must be flawed? IS YOUR GRASP OF ENGLISH FLAWED, AWESOME?

77. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 16:17:14

ok this is getting beyond pointless. if you have anything ON TOPIC to say about shoeman's evaluation, feel free to post it, if you want to start a new discussion about whatever then make a new topic.

78. Kari
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 18:15:15

Can I be mod? Lol. I think shoeman6 would be a good mod. :) At least give him a chance. Maybe do a probation period? ~KTSpinner~

79. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 20:55:48

Zombo wrote: people are hating on shoeman because they have long memories and "first impression is everything". shoeman6 was not a very respected member when he first started so that's why old members bash him, but he has changed and we recognize that. to me it's a sign that there's always hope to redeem yourself if you honestly improve your attitude. its a good message to send to newer members that might have not started right but want to become serious. it's a better message than saying we don't forgive your past, so might as well continue acting badly.
    This is actually a perfect example of our old members who haven't forgiven him for his past even though he has matured..... Aslo, if we for some reason made iMatt a mod, shoeman should definitely be one. He contributes a lot and is super cool. Fuck Maturity, this board would be no fun if it was run by boring, strict, funless, mods.

80. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 22:13:37

Mats wrote: They didn't seem to understand the application process... Their grasp of English must be flawed? IS YOUR GRASP OF ENGLISH FLAWED, AWESOME?
    yeah it is, its a terribly complex language with many intricacies I am not sure if anyone could truly say they have a perfect grasp of english. That said I'll submit my application next time or try to prove myself worthy ;D

81. -ACE-
    Date: Sat, Feb 12 2011 22:52:37

the day i joined he helped me with some questions grant mod

82. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Feb 12 2011 22:57:22

poll is over already, lets check again next month.