UPSB v4

Presentation / Public spinning

1. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 20:09:38

When you are spinning in public, what is the best way to present yourself? If someone approaches you, how do you communicate with them in an inviting way so that they may be interested in pen spinning without putting them off with pen spinning jargon or becoming offended?

2. Koksi
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 15:11:35

I try to explain Pen spinning like they do it in tv simple and like a total noob^^ Often I try to answer on the question "how do you do that" with a compare to "dancing steps" most of them understand than better what I do^^

3. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jun 27 2010 16:01:36

v3 discussion: http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=26151

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 14:00:47

usually when i spin in public (school mostly) im the only one that knows how to pen spin besides everyone that knows how to do only ta.. so basically im in an audience filled with non-psers and really no one really watches me until the one kid in the class says "WHOA LOOK AT WHAT HE'S DOING WITH THAT PEN!!!" and everyone looks.. one thing that my sister pointed out to me was that i shouldnt use fl tf charge rev because if there are people watching you looking at the backside of your hand.. then the fl tf charge rev looks kinda weird.. try it.. stand in front of a mirror and do that trick.. it looks sorta weird.. so i just learned neosonic > fl ta rev for smoothness sake.. anyways.. i spin my boring style (no power tricks) in public because people dont really appreciate that all the hai tuas and spreads plus i dont drop as much so im more "pro" than if i dropped (obviously) as for the advice part on "how do you do that?" i just say what everyone else on here says "i practice a lot" or if i feel like it i say "about 1.5 years of practice" which usually puts them down but usually has them asking for more and for me to teach them ta (if they dont already know it) or ta rev and/or ta harmonic..

5. Mike
    Date: Tue, Jul 6 2010 21:51:31

Tek and I once went on the streets to collect money by spinning.

6. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Jul 6 2010 21:54:05

Whoah. Mike really? How'd that go?

7. Simplex
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 00:30:11

Mike wrote: Tek and I once went on the streets to collect money by spinning.
    im gonna be doing that sometime this summer xD

8. Mike
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 00:34:06

shoeman6 wrote: Whoah. Mike really? How'd that go?
    We didn't make shit. :(

9. Simplex
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 00:45:02

nevermind lol

10. Kirby
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 01:23:21

Any money at all? Or just a big 0$?

11. Wind
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 01:28:14

Simplex wrote: nevermind lol
    We're still doing it though >=(

12. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 02:44:19

Did people realize you were doing it for money?... Was it good at all?.. like fun or ANYTHING? lol...

13. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 08:38:23

KTrinh93 wrote: usually when i spin in public (school mostly) im the only one that knows how to pen spin besides everyone that knows how to do only ta.. so basically im in an audience filled with non-psers and really no one really watches me until the one kid in the class says "WHOA LOOK AT WHAT HE'S DOING WITH THAT PEN!!!" and everyone looks.. one thing that my sister pointed out to me was that i shouldnt use fl tf charge rev because if there are people watching you looking at the backside of your hand.. then the fl tf charge rev looks kinda weird.. try it.. stand in front of a mirror and do that trick.. it looks sorta weird.. so i just learned neosonic > fl ta rev for smoothness sake.. anyways.. i spin my boring style (no power tricks) in public because people dont really appreciate that all the hai tuas and spreads plus i dont drop as much so im more "pro" than if i dropped (obviously) as for the advice part on "how do you do that?" i just say what everyone else on here says "i practice a lot" or if i feel like it i say "about 1.5 years of practice" which usually puts them down but usually has them asking for more and for me to teach them ta (if they dont already know it) or ta rev and/or ta harmonic..
    About the TF charge rev. thing, it's not really that important because when non PSers see it it's just some random twirling stuff. Also actually the general public will really like power tricks because it's very distinct and flashy which will catch their attention. (read the thread on v3 to see the previous discussion on it) but don't get over your head when you're doing power tricks in public only those that you're 100% sure you won't drop.

14. SnowyKitten
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 06:06:42

when i spin in public i find that people stare at my hand as if in a trance because a few people on the bus missed their stop while watching my hand and at first i didnt notice because i was talking to my friend but afterwards i noticed and i stopped and only then did the people realized they missed their stop XD

15. jaychou
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 08:35:43

i don't really spin in public with the advanced goal of impressing people, i just do it as a form of self-entertainment and practice

16. sarugio
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 09:03:02

yeah when i spin at public they stare at me and when i look at them they act like not mentioned me

17. Catch
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 06:54:56

mt thoughts on public spinning is its ok but not as much reconized when im passing by people which it wierd because i tought they would be amazed, i guess not, wait this one time i was at a park pen spinning and this guys gave my 2 dollars ahahaha hes like cool hobby, i guess if you do pen spin in public you'll inspire one person

18. defect
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:48:01

I don´t really care about people when I spin in the public. I did it three or four times and i noticed most people actually didn´t care about me or my spinning. they didn´t even look at me. you can apply this to other things that are rather unusual in the public and you will notice that people actually don´t pay any attention. What I mean is people might look at your hand but they would never talk to you about your spinning. Okay most people would never talk to you, maybe a few would.

19. JC
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 16:00:22

I was spinning a G2 around this one time in my school's cafeteria, just some double charges and TA harmonics, and this one guy came up to me and told me that he was just watching me for a minute or so and thought that it was pretty cool. I forgot the feeling of random people telling me that, but I thought that was nice :] And then he went into introducing himself and telling me and the friend that I was with that he was from Amsterdam (and that he doesn't smoke weed) and all... In the end, never saw him again during that year (maybe I'll see him in the fall), but I like spinning for that kind of audience. A random audience giving a random compliment. But I don't like spinning in public when people see it and are like... "Spin as fast as you can, gogogo!", "Twirl that pen and show my friend here", etc... (and although I've never been unofficially paid for my spinning, I don't really like that either... the whole drop a couple bucks thing). I find it kind of demeaning in a way. I don't like the fact that I'm being treated as some showcase for entertainment... I don't really like that kind of spotlight. -- I'd do it if people asked when I was paid officially though... but that's cause it was my job to spin for people; otherwise, I like just spinning for myself. I don't spin in pubic anymore really... so I actually can't remember how most people were like... people probably just took a glance and walked away though -- except for those children, goodness, they can stare for so long without realizing how awkward I feel. I try not to spin in public actually, since all I do is just drop... and cause a hassle. =(

20. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 21:52:59

Kirby wrote: Any money at all? Or just a big 0$?
    Big fat 0$. One of our friends put in a dollar so that people would see that we were trying to make money. But we still made nothing :(

21. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 00:43:25

busking has never worked. even in the the sydney darlington harbour. @1:27 [video=youtube;o-EAtiILIic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-EAtiILIic[/video]

22. miyat
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 02:19:07

Definitely need to try that street spinning. We should have a big boom box with us when we do it and pretend that we trained since we were 4 to get that good so people will feel guilty not to give money.

23. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, Jul 18 2010 06:11:01

Lol, you guys need to give them a PERFORMANCE, just spinning and staring at your pen ehh... Maybe get some people around in a crowd doing something else or talking it up and having balded pens or flameing pens or just incorporating penspinning into so other act. Engage people and then play the guilt on them =].

24. Matt
    Date: Thu, Jul 22 2010 16:44:33

haha or make it look like your really poor and need money...

25. spinnerhui
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 21:30:54

My class hates me for spinning my pen...I'm the only one who can do it and I tried to teach a guy TA, during our introductions to the class (it was elementary) and 1000 drops later he and I got detention...they don't appreciate true talent

26. itzDaKine
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 04:45:44

public pen spinning to me is fun! i dnt do it to be cool like all these kids in my school that can do sonic nd ta only. they always ask can u do this nd this. but spinning in public is for pure fun nd practice to me. wen ppl ask how to do that i simply say practice.

27. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 17:00:45

Since I've only been penspinning for 2 weeks and 2 days, I practice new tricks ALL THE TIME in class. Nobody notices xD. But everybody seems to notice one of our teachers doing a ta. They're always talking about how crazy the ta is.

28. Atsume
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 17:24:15

LOL i pratice everywhere and i listen to my ipod when i do so most people dont even ask the only ones i pay attention to are the ones who sit down next to me and WANT to learn

29. AwonW
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 19:28:07

neoknux_009 wrote: busking has never worked. even in the the sydney darlington harbour. @1:27 [video=youtube;o-EAtiILIic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-EAtiILIic[/video]
    We got like 27 cents at the Norcal gathering.

30. blahblahting
    Date: Sun, Sep 26 2010 21:56:06

*31 cents LOL

31. PSVortex
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 14:08:20

Tell them that they should learn in UPSB or youtube heheh

32. Mike
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 17:15:07

At least you got something!

33. PSVortex
    Date: Tue, Sep 28 2010 10:24:00

yeah!

34. esp
    Date: Sat, Oct 2 2010 06:54:37

i just found out im known as "The kid with the pen" in my spanish class -_____-

35. SyntaxError
    Date: Sun, Oct 3 2010 17:33:24

esp0624 wrote: i just found out im known as "The kid with the pen" in my spanish class -_____-
    ROR. You won't be the only one next year. :D

36. spinnerhui
    Date: Mon, Oct 4 2010 01:38:34

I'm "that pen guy" and "that cookie guy (long story)" at the G9 dance...lolz

37. akoisme
    Date: Sat, Oct 9 2010 09:50:47

Weird.. when people start noticing me penspin i get nervous and start messing up. >.<

38. Jokerx7
    Date: Sat, Oct 9 2010 19:15:24

The first time I see someone doing PS in public (a month ago) was a guy in physics class doing a sonic (pretty fast, but only a sonic =/). But nobody seems to noticed him, except me, but I never talked to him. I tried to do that, but I couldn't, I couldn't understand how he makes a revolution starting from 23 and finishing in 12 (a normal 1 rev will start in 23 and finish in 23, a half can start in 23 and finish in 12, but it isn't 1 rev... =/). After a few weeks, I searched on internet and learned about pen spinning. I plan to do it in public when I can do a combo well, but for now I can only do the fundamentals. I don't know if it's a good idea to teach them, they will fail a lot, and start to bother you. Or they will do all bad and think they are great (sometimes, they think they are even better than you). And a little percentage will do things well. It's better if they learn from youtube, like PSVortex said.

39. Dylan
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 01:37:00

I spin at school, I've taught about 10 people a ta, but two have gotten good enough to do a tw. sonic bust at least. I taught a third guy, but he already knew several tricks (actually I looked up psing after watching him do ta's all class.)

40. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 05:31:18

Don't you guys just hate it when someone asks you "How did you do that?" I do. A lot. Seriously. They ask you how you did it, then expect you to teach them it in 2 minutes. Like once, I did a short, simple combo in class and this guy asked "How'd you do that?" I said "practice". He said "I know that, I mean like HOW did you do that, like how did you move your fingers and stuff." I showed him the combo in slow motion. After about 5 minutes, he said "It's too hard!" and stopped. I HATE it when people do that! ARGG!

41. Mike
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 06:27:54

esp0624 wrote: i just found out im known as "The kid with the pen" in my spanish class -_____-
    I know this is off-topic, but why are you sporting the Mexican flag if you're taking Spanish? Also, people won't really pay attention to you in the streets =\

42. Biji
    Date: Sun, Oct 10 2010 06:51:04

I think people don't pay attention to you people of their general dislike of street performers, though

43. pred
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 10:31:02

Im guessing school counts as "public"... People in class seem to differ in how interesting they find it, from one of my friends i made at my new school who saw me ps and has turned into my devout follower to faggots who think its stupid. Today was pretty good day for ps, some cute girl i never even noticed before says "wow I could watch you do that for an eternity" and continued to observe for the entire lesson (45 min). :)

44. Biji
    Date: Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:52:55

Today I saw a cop spinning his baton It was like, neosonic and fingerpass and wipers and stuff, and it was awesome

45. Riley
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 05:06:37

I started penspinning on the first day of this school year. (2 months ago) I've gotten good enough that it "impresses" people, and now about 30 people spin. Everyday, they come up and say, "Hey, look at the mod I made!" (Made with really weird pens, thinking they can make a mod with a 2 pens and a grip connecting them) At least they're trying. I feel accomplished. :D

46. Hidekyo
    Date: Sun, Oct 17 2010 15:55:52

Riley wrote: I started penspinning on the first day of this school year. (2 months ago) I've gotten good enough that it "impresses" people, and now about 30 people spin. Everyday, they come up and say, "Hey, look at the mod I made!" (Made with really weird pens, thinking they can make a mod with a 2 pens and a grip connecting them) At least they're trying. I feel accomplished. :D
    Wow lol I just started pen spinning 3 weeks ago and people in my science class started to huddle up on my asking howd u do a TA and i was like this is how. I did it in slow motion then this philipino guy stared at it and and tried to do one. It fell off his finger and hit another guy!

47. esp
    Date: Mon, Oct 18 2010 01:22:26

Mike wrote: I know this is off-topic, but why are you sporting the Mexican flag if you're taking Spanish? Also, people won't really pay attention to you in the streets =\
    EASY CLASS! and foreign language class requirement... oh.... and im not asian, mexican..... haha

48. Knightpal
    Date: Mon, Oct 18 2010 06:47:23

There's always that one guy that has to point out you spinning xD I find it hilarious.

KTrinh93 wrote: usually when i spin in public (school mostly) im the only one that knows how to pen spin besides everyone that knows how to do only ta.. so basically im in an audience filled with non-psers and really no one really watches me until the one kid in the class says "WHOA LOOK AT WHAT HE'S DOING WITH THAT PEN!!!" and everyone looks.. as for the advice part on "how do you do that?" i just say what everyone else on here says "i practice a lot" or if i feel like it i say "about 1.5 years of practice" which usually puts them down but usually has them asking for more and for me to teach them ta (if they dont already know it) or ta rev and/or ta harmonic..
    I try to teach people who are interested simple moves. A simple Harmonics gets people riled up. Especially in school.

49. Hidekyo
    Date: Mon, Oct 18 2010 21:38:07

My friend couldnt do a simple thumaround and when i mess up on my REV TA and he was like you suuck so fucken bad. And i was like the fuuck u do with your pen

50. JLSpinY
    Date: Mon, Oct 18 2010 21:49:22

I tought a couple of guys in my year how to do TA.

51. Hidekyo
    Date: Mon, Oct 18 2010 23:27:55

I sent my friend a link to eso's tutorial on the TA and he was like " fuck this shit how the fuck u do it" and I was like spend a whole period trying to do a TA(i did mine in chorus!). Chorus is a useless class lol i always get 100.

52. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Oct 19 2010 05:31:30

I think a very easy way to create more audience involvement and have a better overall experience is eye contact. Watching spinners irl we are ourselves entranced by our spinning and fail to look at the people around us, aside from glances etc. Usually this is okay because that's what the audience is looking at as well, but it also makes it feel closed and cut off. just look up or talk, make it look easy/casual, staring at your pen isn't going to make it do something amazing. Maybe incorporate audience by passing a pen around, or gently leigunning the pen to someone like passing it on and putting someone on the spot. Two hands is almost neccessary unless you plan on doing some other kind of juggling / manipulation with the other hand, in which case you should incorporate the pen with it. Large aerials, power tricks are all good things, have some spam/planned combos planned out and have an idea of how your routine will climax etc. You shouldn't be spinning for yourself... which is 99% of ourspinning you're spinning for the audience. an Open posture and large tricks (doesn't really matter what it is) would be the best.

53. Hidekyo
    Date: Tue, Oct 19 2010 22:13:56

After spinning each day in school one more person joins in lol.

54. Hidekyo
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 22:06:07

Did any of you do pen spinning in a talent show at school? lol maybe i should do it

55. Atsume
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 22:16:18

i did pen spinning for a speech lol was a demonstration speech so i made one explaining how to do ta sonic and charge >.<

56. Hidekyo
    Date: Thu, Oct 21 2010 22:41:30

Wiat for a speech "about: pen spinning for a speech about soemthing else while pen spinning?

57. Atsume
    Date: Fri, Oct 22 2010 03:11:36

no... read the post its not hard to understand..

58. Hidekyo
    Date: Fri, Oct 22 2010 21:39:53

lol sorry i got a bit confused.

59. 7ygy
    Date: Sun, Oct 24 2010 04:33:24

i spin a lot at school, and i always kinda laugh to myself when people start to watch. One second, one person is looking, a minute later, you look up and the teacher (along with the rest of the class) is staring, entranced, at your hand...i also get nervous when i see people watching, and i drop alot when im nervous...so once i look up and see the whole class, it's pretty much over XD

60. Hidekyo
    Date: Sun, Oct 24 2010 22:06:12

7ygy wrote: i spin a lot at school, and i always kinda laugh to myself when people start to watch. One second, one person is looking, a minute later, you look up and the teacher (along with the rest of the class) is staring, entranced, at your hand...i also get nervous when i see people watching, and i drop alot when im nervous...so once i look up and see the whole class, it's pretty much over XD
    lol thats exactly what happens to me

61. mintypaladin
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 16:03:18

i spin for funs... it gets people ticked off tho

62. Hidekyo
    Date: Wed, Oct 27 2010 20:22:34

yeah no one in my whole class can do a thumaround after i showed them how to do it. Only one person can do a sonic and part of a charge in my class lol besides me

63. shonenbatman
    Date: Fri, Oct 29 2010 00:18:08

BlazinAsian wrote: Did any of you do pen spinning in a talent show at school? lol maybe i should do it
    i did. i sucked dick haha i didn't plan any combos. just fsed and my hand was shaking a lot because i was nervous edit: oh after my performance a lot of people were talking to me off stage that night hahahaha. some girl hugged me LOL

64. Knightpal
    Date: Fri, Oct 29 2010 07:39:03

DANG SHONEN. Not bad. LOL. I had the same situation where the whole class looks at me penspinning. That's the only time I drop it, when people are watching.

65. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Nov 1 2010 11:21:04

when i spin i public(in school usually) my friend always look at me and ask me to teach them. It pretty nervous to XD i teach them the simple one such as TA and ask them to practice is. since i spin at school there are many people follow my lead so in my school now such as the pen spinning school XD

66. Hidekyo
    Date: Tue, Nov 2 2010 17:48:42

some people get jealous of my tricks so they try to break my pen so i jump them lol. They get so surprises when i whip out a mod and they try to figure out how it works so they take it apart and Im like your gonna get jumped later. Lol im jk with the jump part.

67. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 07:38:43

I spin all the time: Walking through the mall, eating in a restaurant, walking to school, on the bus, while buying Food(ordering food), watching movies in the theaters, on the car.

68. Hidekyo
    Date: Wed, Nov 3 2010 23:38:33

I spin when i walk to school and when people pass me they stare its quite creapy!

69. tacohead12
    Date: Mon, Nov 8 2010 05:04:27

I spin alot at school when I have extra time and other public locations. People always ask me to spin and they get all amazed xD I like entertaining people so I don't mind giving a demonstration.

70. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 9 2010 00:12:09

shoeman6 wrote: When you are spinning in public, what is the best way to present yourself?
    If you are a good looking woman, wearing as little as possible. If you are a bad looking woman, done up to look as good as possible. If you are a good looking man, show a bit of chest. If you are a bad looking man, joke about it first.

71. Rarity
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 14:21:37

In our english class, all of us had to do an extemporaneous speech (researched, but speech is not planned) in front of our class. I talked about pen spinning. After teaching the fundamentals and some advanced tricks, I showed them a combo. THEN i fvcking dropped. I got a high grade anyway... But still. DAMN

72. Rarity
    Date: Tue, Nov 16 2010 14:24:59

One time when I was taking our science test, I did a little FS with my pentel rsvp so I could think better. The next thing i knew, everyone was looking at me. lol

73. shadow spinner
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 02:40:10

i've taught TA like 5 peole all fundamentals to one ta and figure 8 to 2 and sonic clip to someone who is around my skill level

74. shadow spinner
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 02:42:44

lol since me and my friend are "pro" according people in my class they keep bugging us to penspinning for our talent show

75. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 10:35:35

@shadow spinner please don't double post :P if you want to add something, then edit your post ^_^

76. NRG.Flow
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 21:07:12

I do it in pretty much every class, but no one bothers to acknowledge it or anything... I usually just do thumbaround harmonic, but i do mini combos aswell... So yeah no one sees D:

77. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 00:11:07

that might be cause you dont do any impressive tricks

78. Hidekyo
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 14:31:11

most people dont really see what ur doiing until they get closer

79. scout
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 19:06:29

Everybody gets psyched when I spin at school... I got 5 people in one day making mods already because they saw me spin... even though I just did some simple stuff like fingerpasses and bakfalls. xD

80. NRG.Flow
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 04:08:52

@TheAafg I usually try not to anything fancy, it de-motivates me when i drop it :(

81. Biji
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 13:18:17

Dropping your pen in class usually gets everyone mad at you if you do it too much

82. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 17:49:12

@KayGee just keep like a textbook or a binder so it doesnt make a loud noise if you drop it. Thats what I always do and dropping the pen is a part of getting better, it shouldn't de-motivate you

83. NRG.Flow
    Date: Fri, Dec 10 2010 03:00:37

Hmm good tip lol People noticed today... cept this one hater ._.;

84. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, Dec 29 2010 01:36:42

i show them how to hold the pen before doing a thumbaround, then i slowly perform the trick with my other hand on the pen to make it slow motion.. if they actually ask how to do different kinds of tricks ill try to do those too but some tricks are hard to do in slow motion even with 2 hands...

85. time
    Date: Wed, Dec 29 2010 23:10:51

havent rly done it in public

86. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Jan 1 2011 17:15:09

You know what really annoys me? People that call penspinning pen TWIRLING!!!! Which usually happens in public...... but i've also noticed, they think all penspinning looks equally impressive, and that they usually focus on speed and continuation because they don't know crap about trick difficulty.

87. Paramours
    Date: Tue, Jan 4 2011 05:18:44

I started my friend Vortechs on pen spinning :)

88. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 02:45:05

well, also, in public, i'd use a regular looking pen that spins well like an RSVP or anything else you might have because, after they tell you how cool it looks, then they think it's all in the pen. And the even more annoying thing, when people see you doing a combo, they tell you: "Teach me that!" and when you try to explain the TA to them they keep saying:" No, the other thing!" basically, they refuse to start from the beginning.

89. Vassenato
    Date: Wed, Jan 5 2011 03:27:35

I spin in public all the time. I usually don't get any type of reactions other than the seldom "Wow, your really good at that"

90. Hidekyo
    Date: Thu, Jan 6 2011 02:32:50

Most people don't really notice me but this one guy is creepy he keeps looking at me spin and compliments all my combos for no reason. He tries to do a triple infinity and I was like learn the single infinity Forster es like it's not the same!

91. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Jan 6 2011 20:42:26

wow! i hate how sometimes when ppl ask you to teach them a trick, they refuse to start small, like someone was trying to make me teach them the palmspin, but when i tried to teach them the TA first, they refused and said they wanted to learn how to palmspin, not TA and i loled and left him

92. browndog12
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 05:11:10

yeah, people are always like, OMFG I CAN HAZ MULTIPLE EXT. TA BUST NOW haha, i spin in mock trial with an MX, nobody can figure it out at all

93. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 20:45:17

@browndog12 , i'm in mock trial too? r u in ohio? i'm from solon

94. patelpb
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 21:47:26

Show them the basics, and teach them in an easy, calm manner. Tell them to practice and they'll get better. Then show them an EXTREMELY easy combo like a Charge -> Thumbaround. Tell them to learn that after learning charge and thumbaround. lol, it keeps em busy for a few months.

95. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jan 7 2011 22:09:52

now, i taught my ps disciple the sonic, and guess what? he can't do the trick without furst resting the pen on the thumbflat to build up tension, so, i can say he's already done for. but back to public ps, that usually doesnt work, seeing as that most ALL people that wanted to learn refused to learn a trick that they could not catch onto immediately. I tried to teach a guy the TA, he said it was too hard after like a minute and told me to move on to another trick, and easier one, and i loled: WHICH ONE???

96. browndog12
    Date: Mon, Jan 10 2011 00:17:23

@drgripable no, i'm in Utah

97. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 00:57:59

Have any of you ever had the problem of people thinking that your combos are only one trick? I've found doing some individual trick over and over is sometimes more if not as impressive as a combo.

98. Van
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 04:34:14

Spinnin on the subway is fun :D but im scared one day im gonna drop my pen, roll across, door opens, it falls down the crack, and i lose my mod

99. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 20:57:36

Hmmnh....people usually seem to be very/more impressed when i pull off aerial tricks. U know at lunch, this one guy named nate, he knows how to spin books on the top of his finger like so:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyZYB-mw53Q . Me and him stared at each other from across the room and met eyes, then we glared and while he kept spinning the book, i took out two of my mx's and spun them and we just did that for like 5 minutes and we realized the entire lunch room was staring at us

100. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 03:24:41

i have friend who usually asks me to teach him tricks and show him some cool tricks, but the worst part is that he calls it pen twirling :facepalm:

101. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 03:38:50

TheAafg wrote: i have friend who usually asks me to teach him tricks and show him some cool tricks, but the worst part is that he calls it pen twirling :facepalm:
    I really REALLY hate that. "good luck with your pen twirling!" "dude, this guy can twirl a pen so good!" "how do you twirl a pen like that?" it not only makes me feel gay, but puts us on the same level as baton twirlers (who cant spin pens lol cus their batons r so heavy....like spinning a vgg and no u cant spin a pencil)

102. Van
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 03:45:33

drgripable wrote: I really REALLY hate that. "good luck with your pen twirling!" "dude, this guy can twirl a pen so good!" "how do you twirl a pen like that?" it not only makes me feel gay, but puts us on the same level as baton twirlers (who cant spin pens lol cus their batons r so heavy....like spinning a vgg and no u cant spin a pencil)
    My friends don't (usually) call it twirling, but my teachers do. All of them ._. was annoying when I was trying to get a teacher so we can start a club ._.

103. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 04:31:41

uhm....yeah. my APUSH teacher calls it baton twirling. i wanted to slap him but he's too buff. LOL other than that, everyone else calls it spinning, spinning, pen spinning. at least my classmates and friends get it rite.

104. Lastride29
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 22:53:16

Everyone is amazed and pretend to not be amazed in the same time <_<

105. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 23:19:30

LOL @Lastride29, do you get the: *glance *loook away * glance again etc

106. Lastride29
    Date: Wed, Jan 12 2011 23:29:50

drgripable wrote: LOL @Lastride29, do you get the: *glance *loook away * glance again etc
    Yeah just like that ^_^

107. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Jan 13 2011 02:50:17

some come up to me up front and ask to be taught. this is where things get complicated....they see me do a palmspin, they want to learn that, but NO they don't listen when i try to teach them the TA first, another sees me doing my combo finisher (which can be observed in some post above), but no, they refuse to learn even an fl ta first

108. Van
    Date: Thu, Jan 13 2011 20:51:45

I loled when my friend started speedcubing and I started to PS on the train EVERYONE was starein at us LOL

109. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Jan 13 2011 21:00:43

well, penspinning is really impressive and catchy, speedcubing could actually look just like you're screwing the cube up lol, i was thinking when i go to chicago later in the year, i would just go to the corner of the street, put a hat on the ground, start penspinning, and see how much money i get

110. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 02:06:14

I like spinning in class when im bored. Writing class sux soo.... But then my firends are like WOAHHH!?! Thats sooo kool! How do u do that THen my teacher took my buster for the day

111. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jan 14 2011 02:38:23

Ahh, that is why, my friend, i usually spin an mx or unmodded rsvp, but as long as i maintain my grades, they don't really care....unless i drop it a lot

112. itzDaKine
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 01:16:27

i. love how today i went to visit my teacher from last year and i sat in a desk. i started pen spinning and this kid all the way across the room saw me. he pulled out his KT as well and started spinning. while my old teacher was talkin we had a silent battle. then my friend travis and dominique walked in! and we all started spinning. teacher could care less but the other students were like OOOOH! but i think i took the cake:)

113. DLSpins
    Date: Sat, Jan 15 2011 03:36:29

itzDaKine wrote: i. love how today i went to visit my teacher from last year and i sat in a desk. i started pen spinning and this kid all the way across the room saw me. he pulled out his KT as well and started spinning. while my old teacher was talkin we had a silent battle. then my friend travis and dominique walked in! and we all started spinning. teacher could care less but the other students were like OOOOH! but i think i took the cake:)
    That's extremely hilarious which i was there

114. J A Z Z
    Date: Mon, Jan 17 2011 04:36:27

Yeah once I pulled a MX and people stared and stared until my mum told me to stop.:/ I think they were being friendly

115. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Jan 17 2011 15:06:57

During class, there is no one to battle........besides maybe a TA only person? lol or my "disciple"..........yeah......no one i usually keep it down in class, just TA harmonic (which is hard if you do it for a long time) Also......THERE's another spinner in Northeast ohio?

116. TheAafg
    Date: Mon, Jan 17 2011 21:31:45

I am teaching this guy the fundamentals, he is not really into ps, but he finds it extremely cool lol

117. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 22:27:05

Lol! My disciple got into some combos, but still cannot do a sonic without first resting the pen on his thumbflap to build up pressure, yet he is trying to learn the multiple bust and make his own combos....his only one so fas is tw. sonic bust-(rev direction) bak-(rev direction) TA lol, its only like 3 spins and he reverses direction twice.

118. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 23:50:50

Today a GIRL asked me to show her my "pen skills" .

119. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 23:53:15

lol! this pen mod here is my personal zt mod, it can extend and has a steel barrel, its personal because it can shoot white out @TheAafg

120. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 23:57:19

@drgripable i was serious, lol. Pervs these days >.<

121. Light
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 02:17:17

Hex/Apho/Light(me)/Kunlin/CDNizedAZN(retired spinner)/RichardKu/R4G all spin in my school. I guess everyone has gotten used to it?

122. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 04:51:30

Light wrote: Hex/Apho/Light(me)/Kunlin/CDNizedAZN(retired spinner)/RichardKu/R4G all spin in my school. I guess everyone has gotten used to it?
    I wish that was my school, it would be so awesome.

123. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 14:11:45

im the only spinner in my school, thats why penspinning is not a cool thing to do....... :(

124. chris
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 14:15:11

Only PSer here as well

125. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 14:31:29

What are these "internet" thingies? oh well i added one, anyways, its kinda depressing that we're the only spinners in our schools, and that my letter may take another week to arrive

126. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 15:18:10

im the only spinner at my school too. Except these guys that think they can spin, but can only do a fingerpass rev very slowly and scratchy. It's not cool here, either. When people see me, they say, "Wow..... how much spare time do you have?"

127. tacohead12
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 16:29:30

My church has turned into a big group of penspinners :P Most of them are just starting out and learning the fundamentals. But there are like 5 of us that teach them the moves haha

128. Cloud
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 05:40:00

Haha... im the only real spinner at my school too soo spinning is NERDY... thats what my best friend keeps telling me but he overuses the word nerd... he also says that when i study extra math in my free time Theres also a kid that is really annoying who keeps trying to do fingerpass like me... and failing because he is using a pencil and im using an mx... theres should be more spinners in the world

129. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 22:09:40

Yeah, i hate how since its not popular, it is immediately labeled as "nerdy" or "uncool" I truly wish there were more spinners, but not many more, or else, its not a special skill u know

130. MiscInvasion
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 23:06:16

My english teacher whipser-lectured me today for penspinning my buster :x

131. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 23:15:34

Dude, @MiscInvasion, you really should not spin much DURING class.........but what really depends is what your teacher lectured you on: - Dropping your pen too much? - caught spinning, and it annoys her/him - you were completely distracted b/c of it, and you got nothing out of the lesson, which would be worse if you don't have a decent grade in the class/ -For the first one, dropping your pen is easily fixable by either using some sort of padding (if the room gets hot, i'll take off my sweatshirt and sometimes use that) also, don't learn tricks during class. learning pen tricks guarantees you dropping your pen incessantly -For the second, don't spin at all....PERIOD - For the third, show your teacher you can excel in class by getting good grades in class, but still keep the spinning on the down low Overall, don't learn tricks in class, that is a NEVER DO, tone it down, no hai-tua's or other aerial tricks, or power tricks, especially using a buster, you may hurt someone....and if penspinning annoys your teacher, its usually not a good idea. Remember, this does not only apply to miscinvasion, but to any one who penspins in school

132. MiscInvasion
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 23:30:43

drgripable wrote: Dude, @MiscInvasion, you really should not spin much DURING class.........but what really depends is what your teacher lectured you on: - Dropping your pen too much? - caught spinning, and it annoys her/him - you were completely distracted b/c of it, and you got nothing out of the lesson, which would be worse if you don't have a decent grade in the class/ -For the first one, dropping your pen is easily fixable by either using some sort of padding (if the room gets hot, i'll take off my sweatshirt and sometimes use that) also, don't learn tricks during class. learning pen tricks guarantees you dropping your pen incessantly -For the second, don't spin at all....PERIOD - For the third, show your teacher you can excel in class by getting good grades in class, but still keep the spinning on the down low Overall, don't learn tricks in class, that is a NEVER DO, tone it down, no hai-tua's or other aerial tricks, or power tricks, especially using a buster, you may hurt someone....and if penspinning annoys your teacher, its usually not a good idea. Remember, this does not only apply to miscinvasion, but to any one who penspins in school
    *practices aerial tricks in class* xD jk. lol well i don't drop it that much. theres quite some people that keep dropping their pen trying to do thumbarounds or sonics. But SOMEHOW the teacher makes her way to my desk and tells me to stop spinning -__- ( i was spinning after i was finished with her final exam and she collected it, so i had nothing really to do ) all i was doing was sonic linkages D:

133. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 26 2011 23:35:54

i usually try to keep up a TA harmonic for as long as possible. I know that sounds easy, but its not once you get past a certain point

134. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 01:25:32

@drgripable wow you msut be stalking me... are you looking for my posts? haha kidding i guess another part is because mostly asains pen spin and many asians are already labeled nerdy its not uncool though... it really pisses my freinds off that they cant doo it and they think its cool just extremely nerdy how much i practice i agree with you though there should be more spinners inthe world if we all recruit oneperson it will double the amont of spinners!!! Eh... not gonna get anyone to penspin...

135. MystikSun
    Date: Thu, Jan 27 2011 06:15:59

People come up to me. They stare at my pen. They stare at me (creepy, isn't it?). They say, "CHING CHONG MR. CHINAMEN."

136. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jan 28 2011 22:55:06

LOL, anyways, if you're going to spin in front of a crowd, don't pull off some trick that is difficult, like cont. midbak 1.5, it looks the same as a charge to them. All they see is the pen going around and around, like in the charge. Do more aerial tricks, and spam double charges. The faster the better. Throw in an aerial trick now and then, and you have a mesmerized crowd. Also, use an SC mod. DC mods look obviously modded and very obviously much more advantageous than a regular pencil/pen.

137. Light
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 02:15:50

@Hex, man i really should talk about english class in grade 10 eh? We owned the teacher so badly, hex, me and cdn-ized-azn

138. wings
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 15:38:09

haha I have become famous in our school because of pen spinning, and they sometimes ask me to show or teach them

139. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 17:22:58

@drgripable, so you're pretty much the only spinner in your school too?

140. drgripable
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 20:38:59

on the contrary, i AM the only spinner in my school

141. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Sun, Jan 30 2011 21:28:51

@drgripable It's lonely, huh? I have the same problem... And people think you're just flicking a pen around cause they don't know what it is. Am i right?

142. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 00:05:15

yes, that is exactly it.

143. TheAafg
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 01:57:19

I am also the only spinner in my whole school. It gets very lonely :whut:

144. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 02:18:12

It also gets extremely annoying. "Hey! What's that trick?" "You should be a baton twirler" " Are you a drummer?" " You're asian...you would" "Look at this guy twirl a pen!" "He can flick a pen so good" "You should do that with your dick" etc.etc.

145. Riley
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 02:33:53

@Sam Sam and I are famous at our school. We brought it all over the school. One kid bought a buster, waterfall, G3 MX, and a CASE. RAGE. He can barely thumbaround.

146. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 02:55:58

Lucky @Riley , no one at our school really cares or wants to get into it lol. Read the above quotings and you'll understand why im afraid to try and spread it

147. Riley
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 03:12:58

drgripable wrote: Lucky @Riley , no one at our school really cares or wants to get into it lol. Read the above quotings and you'll understand why im afraid to try and spread it
    Well, a bunch of people say those things to us too. Just ignore them.

148. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 03:16:37

Its annoying because they don't realize it bugs me! They honestly think spinning = twirling! Then i feel like a priss b/c twirling in my mind is like a happy-go lucky feeling...and the baton twirlers can't spin pens lol cause batons are like 10X the weight of a vicgotgame mod

149. Riley
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 03:23:33

drgripable wrote: Its annoying because they don't realize it bugs me! They honestly think spinning = twirling! Then i feel like a priss b/c twirling in my mind is like a happy-go lucky feeling...and the baton twirlers can't spin pens lol cause batons are like 10X the weight of a vicgotgame mod
    I 100% agree with you. I've found out that people can actually notice what a bust, palmspin, and bakfall are. To them, bust = woah, it wrapped around your finger! *tries, hold pen in 12, drops* palmspin = woah!! nice dude, it spun like on your palm. bakfall = woah, it traveled all across through your fingers!

150. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 03:27:05

Yup. People who don't know psing are suckers for: -aerial tricks -fast spammed tricks (double charge) -topspin tricks (palmspin) -most power tricks

151. MystikSun
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 04:08:07

drgripable wrote: Yup. People who don't know psing are suckers for: -aerial tricks -fast spammed tricks (double charge) -topspin tricks (palmspin) -most power tricks
    For me, they're suckers for: Busts Thumbaround Harmonic Oh, and the Charge >.> And palmspins, my somewhat okay attempts at pun kans, infinities, and devil's sonic>shadow are meh to them.

152. Sam
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 04:17:24

Riley wrote: @Sam Sam and I are famous at our school. We brought it all over the school. One kid bought a buster, waterfall, G3 MX, and a CASE. RAGE. He can barely thumbaround.
    Tootally. I told him to buy a metallic comssa. I told him it was the best mod ever. b/c he's searching for the "best" mod. what aloser.

153. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 04:30:27

Riley wrote: I 100% agree with you. I've found out that people can actually notice what a bust, palmspin, and bakfall are. To them, bust = woah, it wrapped around your finger! *tries, hold pen in 12, drops* palmspin = woah!! nice dude, it spun like on your palm. bakfall = woah, it traveled all across through your fingers!
    xD That's the exact OPPOSITE at my school. To people at my school, bust=you're doing the same thing over and over again..... palmspin=I can do that too! *spins (and fails) pen on palm using second hand*. bakfall=i can do that too! *does really bad fingerpass rev*. (Well, actually, most people don't acknowledge it at all. Although this stuff has happened before, it's not really a common thing. It pisses me off though when it happens xD) @drgripable People at my school think that aerials are just throwing the pen in the air and catching it. Some guy came up to me and said, "HEY! Can you do this?" He threw his pencil in the air and caught it. xD

154. Rarity
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:19:51

WhatsOfTheUp1 wrote: xD That's the exact OPPOSITE at my school. To people at my school, bust=you're doing the same thing over and over again..... palmspin=I can do that too! *spins (and fails) pen on palm using second hand*. bakfall=i can do that too! *does really bad fingerpass rev*. (Well, actually, most people don't acknowledge it at all. Although this stuff has happened before, it's not really a common thing. It pisses me off though when it happens xD) @drgripable People at my school think that aerials are just throwing the pen in the air and catching it. Some guy came up to me and said, "HEY! Can you do this?" He threw his pencil in the air and caught it. xD
    Show them videos of JEB spinners. Lets see if they don't get impressed.

155. Rarity
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:33:41

Riley wrote: @Sam One kid bought a buster, waterfall, G3 MX, and a CASE. RAGE. He can barely thumbaround.
    Buster noobs...

156. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:58:29

people are impressed by busts, fingerless stuff (excluding spreads), high-revolution top spins, aerials, 1p2h and 2p2h if they say that they can do it to and wave their hand around randomly, show them busts and tell them to copy it (although your mod will probably fly somewhere)

157. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 17:36:15

I just do a thumbaround really slowly, and people are impressed by it. This one guy asked me to show him all my tricks, he was not impressed at all. I got tired and started doing charge. He said "WOAHHH how the **** do you do that? that is the best trick everrrr" i was like :facepalm:

158. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 20:22:20

@TheAafg lolololololol FAIL i hate how that happens. For me, double charge is enough to impress anyone.

159. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 20:23:57

drgripable wrote: @TheAafg lolololololol FAIL i hate how that happens. For me, double charge is enough to impress anyone.
    I did a hai tua in class and this one guy says "whats so special about that, its just throwing the pen in the air and catching it"

160. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 20:25:53

Thats right, dude, most ppl i show vicgotgame to are not impressed at all, they think i'm just as good b/c i can keep spinning the pen like vicgotgame LOL then you show them some of vicgotgame's slomo videos and only then are they like OHHH!!! I get it now.

161. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 21:17:32

my friend who know like TA looked at bonkura and said wow you spin just like him, the only difference is that his cam is not so good. I was like :wtf: . He didn't see the difference in smoothness or difficulty at all.

162. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 22:51:55

Yes. Is what i hate about noobs no offense or anything....but its soooo annoying.

163. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:06:02

Lol ya they see me spin, and they asked me "so r u in the WT?" :wtf:

164. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:33:29

Yup, in some sense, kcom is as good a spinnerpeem to the average view LMAO

165. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:36:43

No in some sence the fingerpass is a godly trick and Haitua is crap

166. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:54:00

people think thumbspin is the coolest trick ever.

167. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:56:42

People think the TA is the coolest thing ever -.-

168. Riley
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 03:06:29

Speed is a giant aspect to the public. I was spinning,and some guy says "Sam spins faster, you suck."

169. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 03:21:38

True; my friend thinks I spin better than s777 -.-

170. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 13:25:02

Once i showed my friends vicgotgame's 5 year solo and they're like DUDE IS THAT YOU??? :) HAAAYUL NAW!!! I showed them a wt collab and they're like, this all looks the same to me.

171. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 15:18:51

Yeah, that's pretty much the worst thing about non-psers. They CANNOT tell the difference between a hard and easy trick, heck, they don't even know what a trick is. They think it's just flicking the pen around or doing a fingerpass. Like you guys, i showed this guy JapEn 1st (cause that's what got me into psing) and he said, "They suck." I showed him more collabs and he said it all looked the same -.-

172. Van
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 23:48:36

ya they cant tell the difference between tricks; so they just get bored at the middle

173. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 06:27:03

wow... some kid just goes up to me with a failed mod (a pencil with G2 bodies on both sides) and asks me if i can do this trick... *does a 2 minute fingerpass fail* Hah i bet you cant do that! WTF?? ive noticed since i started spinning, kids at my school are trying to do thumbaround and fingerpasses. or once my best friend (who i kinda got into penspinning) runs up to me and throws the pen at my face calling an awesome aerial named the TA release => friend's face Owww... and it was more of a hai tua since he started with twisted sonic... my eye hurts

174. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 21:34:40

Wowww........ people at my school would not do that lol. Nobody is "in" penspinning

175. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 00:10:05

today i did all the hard tricks i knew in class (hai tua, pinky spread) Only one person noticed. A girl was impressed by my mod .___.

176. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 00:54:21

We're in a basketball unit for gym, i can do hai-tua with a bball, but not with a pen? LOL!!! 0.0

177. spinnerhui
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 02:09:06

A guy rickrolled me so I showed him JEB first. His phone lagged, he just said "trolololol lol"...then I told him about Bonkura's (RIP) death and he laughed his head off....then I took his head off....=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

178. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 02:22:45

lol. i mean....well, bonkura's death is not funny, especially not for us. Some people..........just....yeesh.

179. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 03:30:18

its not funny -_- why is a person like him even your friend ?

180. kwild
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:35:22

Whenever I spin at school one kid will always say that I think I'm better than the rest of the kids cause I can spin a pen in my hand.

181. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 20:41:10

most people think infinities are the most impressive trick.......PS ITS NOT!!!!!!

182. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Feb 10 2011 23:22:06

people haven't said anything about my spinning for like months D: i even mentioned it in my science presentation but no one noticed.

183. casual
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 00:52:44

Lol, this thread became "Spinning at school". I go to a very Asian school, and my friend and I started spinning roughly the same time. 2 years later, about 10 people I know at school can do a twisted sonic bust, and about half of them can link tricks together.

184. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 02:25:59

What about talent shows? i was considering trying out for psing, but i didn't do it lol i don't think it'd be good live, but better like in a video

185. Riley
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 03:06:31

If I in a talent show, I'd drop it too many times. :p And it wouldn't last very long. Maybe a two man act though.

186. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 13:04:50

talent show? I don't know if its a good idea to try out for the talent show.

187. Van
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 21:12:31

How bout u get 2 ppl that spins pens and then play catch with a mod while spinning lol that should be interesting

188. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Feb 12 2011 04:04:46

OMG no way!!!! at least 20 kids at my school are spinning now!! wow... and the girls are actually kinda interested too...

189. gyrobius
    Date: Sat, Feb 12 2011 08:33:03

Once this really douchy 5-year-old who called my friends and I geeks for working on this really big science project tried to make fun of me just by making faces on the other side of a window. I started pen spinning in front of him and it was suddenly as if he was in a trance. I was amused. He also punched me repeatedly. Hard. Or as least as hard a he could.

190. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Feb 12 2011 15:54:58

Yeah, penspinning for kids is amazing to them. Once, i decided to do a physics presentation on momentum/centripetal force by penspinning XD

191. &#8359;£jiƒ
    Date: Mon, Feb 14 2011 13:59:54

Your mother.

192. browndog12
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:06:39

i.suk wrote: people are impressed by busts, fingerless stuff (excluding spreads), high-revolution top spins, aerials, 1p2h and 2p2h if they say that they can do it to and wave their hand around randomly, show them busts and tell them to copy it (although your mod will probably fly somewhere)
    i find that non-spinners are far more impressed by 4P1H. :trollface:

193. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 16 2011 01:11:24

A hot girl in my English class actually took the time to say thats so amazing , when I was pen spinning. :O

194. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Feb 17 2011 23:49:13

Today, a guy in my english class was doing some tricks with a pen which I didn't recognize. I was like :O at the end of class, I asked him to do infront of me. He did a sonic rise :O he doesn't know what ps is and he is from china. He says its like a normal thing there.

195. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Feb 17 2011 23:50:47

wow... sounds fun... if the most of the ppl u know spun...

196. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 01:46:11

No, like at speech and debate tournies, my disciple said all his judges were doing TA, he said "PENSPINNING MUST BE GETTING POPULAR!!!!" and im like no. I knew TA two years ago, and i had no idea what ps even was XD

197. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Feb 18 2011 04:57:18

@drgripable u knew thumbaround??? before even spiinning??? it took me 2 hours to get the catch right... i all i knew wuz charge and a really crappy fingerpass...

198. Freakman026
    Date: Sun, Feb 20 2011 04:08:02

I did this insane trick with my friend in public one time. We did some basic combos and linkages and stuff but then I purposely dropped the pen into one of those fountain things that shoots water. It went a couple of feet over to the right where he was standing. He caught and without skipping a beat started to spin with it. Then he passed it back over the fountain thing and I did the same. Some random guy gave us $5 for it lol.

199. Cloud
    Date: Sun, Feb 20 2011 04:27:09

@Freakman026 You dropped your pen into water?? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG haha... sounds sick...

200. Freakman026
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 02:14:39

@Cloud It took a couple of tries but it was AMAZING when we got it right. We almost lost the pen in the water though...

201. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 02:56:58

I tried spinning right after swim practice once, it was insanely hard. the water made the pen barrel feel much more grippy. The ppl in the showers were like 0.0, but i was spinning slow too! lol

202. Freakman026
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 03:13:03

We used some different pens trying to see what was the easiest to spin in water. We ended up using an MX for the trick. I wish we had it on video...

203. Cloud
    Date: Thu, Feb 24 2011 05:30:33

@Freakman026 ...o_o i would be scared to drop my pen into water unless it was a crappy mod...

204. Knightpal
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 17:49:33

Yeah. It'd be scary dropping 20 bucks into the ocean. I do sometimes though, I spin in the most obvious spots not to spin. I almost dropped my CK down a canyon.

205. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 17:55:03

I once spun in a pool....underwater penspinning is tough.....there's 0 gravity so you can do cont fl ta like nothing, but the pen is so hard to move in the water. The only realson i never do it much is because im afraid it will rust eventually

206. Freakman026
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 19:51:44

It was just a little fountain. Even if we lost it we would've eventually found it.

207. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 22:59:43

drgripable wrote: I once spun in a pool....underwater penspinning is tough.....there's 0 gravity so you can do cont fl ta like nothing, but the pen is so hard to move in the water. The only realson i never do it much is because im afraid it will rust eventually
    just so you know, there is gravity under water.

208. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Feb 25 2011 23:54:04

well yeah, but not much

209. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 00:05:54

@Freakman026 i meant that the pen might get damaged. Pen tips are generally metal and can rust. wah

210. Freakman026
    Date: Sat, Feb 26 2011 01:33:52

Actually, I had used the HGG tip in another mod so it had a plastic tip for the final result. Trust me we had it all figured out.

211. Van
    Date: Tue, Mar 1 2011 04:47:49

we actually did the catch pen! it was epic

212. Nicetricks507
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 20:33:27

lol it seems like we're all just talking about experiences when we spin in public rather than answering the question: how do we present ourselves... But whenever I ps at school people just say "you're like that guy from the commercial"(volkswagen sign and drive)

213. Freakman026
    Date: Thu, Mar 10 2011 21:32:15

Van wrote: we actually did the catch pen! it was epic
    What are you talking about? I did the trick with someone who's not a member a UPSB.

214. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 03:51:03

:rofl: so van just butts into the conversation and pretends he was there? damn i was jealous.

215. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Mar 11 2011 22:10:12

i do stuffs like this very often....only there is no other spinner for me to really perform with. i get someone who can catch the pen and throw it back to me is all XD

216. Sam
    Date: Wed, Mar 16 2011 05:04:57

@Riley and I are like this: DUDE Sam, people are coming. Double charge and twisted sonic spam quick! That's our way of looking cool. B)

217. sangara
    Date: Thu, Mar 17 2011 00:51:26

Too bad you guys can't find someone to do this with.

218. vmkblaster01
    Date: Sun, Mar 20 2011 02:21:12

Usually i do a charge in class and people ask how do i do that. so i tell them i can do more and i get out my buster. i tell them what pen spinning is and stuff like that. its funny how people react to the arm around.

219. YETI
    Date: Tue, Apr 5 2011 18:44:25

people just stare and when i look at them they look away...

220. King
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 04:04:56

I'm the only one in my school who knows how to anything more challenging then a TA. So i normally get a "How do you do that???!?!?!" Or occasionally "Look at that sexy piece of ass spinning that pencil".... Not really. But you get my point. I stick to the basic combos like Sonic 34 23 > Twisted Sonic bust > Fl Ta rev and noob stuff... cause im a noob..

221. MickChickenn
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 04:33:13

I did that once, and it felt really odd. Everybody was like DUDE!!! THATS AMAZING!!! and I was like DUDE!!!! I SUCK RIGHT NOW!!!!

222. Raos
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 05:00:24

My school is the exact opposite. I currently know 10 actual spinners who have mods and I am the president of my pen spinning club and we have around 20 members and I got a feeling it will grow.

223. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 23:57:13

spam double charge nobody will notice

224. Enigmatic
    Date: Thu, Apr 14 2011 03:53:07

I wish I knew other spinners around me, no one seems to care what I do lol

225. Knightpal
    Date: Thu, Apr 14 2011 16:45:37

ThumbAround gets top tier for looking like the most impressive trick. Seriously. "HOW THE F-"

226. itzDaKine
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 00:44:25

@Knightpal ikr... thumb arounds and sonics are the tricks that everyone seems to know and like. i have about 5 spinners in my school.. including myself.. but only 3 of us actually own mods.

227. Paladin
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 01:13:28

You actually have spinners at your school other than yourself!? Lucky.

228. FusionX
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 01:58:53

Me and Gyrobius go to the same school yay!

229. Enigmatic
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 03:24:26

I need to find someone better than me at PS so I can learn from them lol and also have fun

230. Wisp
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 11:52:05

I gotten people Into penspinning, but I want someone better than me that I know. Douchebags that sit next to me always steal my mods and attempt spinning them which then leads to the mod going flying across the room - being damaged and leading me to a detention for disruptive behaviour. :/

231. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 22:54:58

same. im the best at my school. some people have taken it up, but are not gonna teach me anything haha, and also, @Wisp , to prevent that, i only have one mod out at a time. Those kinds of people are very interested in learning ps, just are too embarassed to learn, so they steal your mods to cover up and also hide their interest at the same time.

232. Wisp
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 23:10:33

drgripable wrote: same. im the best at my school. some people have taken it up, but are not gonna teach me anything haha, and also, @Wisp , to prevent that, i only have one mod out at a time. Those kinds of people are very interested in learning ps, just are too embarassed to learn, so they steal your mods to cover up and also hide their interest at the same time.
    Uh, no im educated around stupid idiots, they do it because they are jelly

233. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 23:12:51

yeah. better explaination

234. Raos
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 23:50:39

i got students and a club XD i even got a secretary for the club and theres like 2 other ppl in the above 1 year level. that i know of and I go a couple of students less than a year and some few ppl who pen spin but less then a year thats not my students

235. Freakman026
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 00:47:29

Only one at my school. Some people have mods but they've got NO FREAKING CLUE how to use them.

236. Enigmatic
    Date: Tue, Apr 19 2011 04:43:45

I'm not in school right now, hopefully when I start college I'll find someone that knows about PS lol

237. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 01:49:33

I just spin my pen and pretend no one is around (or at least trying too). Ever since the Volkswagen commercial comes out, everyone's like "OMG, it's the Volkswagen guy!" because I spin with both hands. Makes me proud but embarrassed at the same time. :s

238. jet
    Date: Wed, Apr 20 2011 04:13:42

^nice sig. ;)

239. Cookiez
    Date: Thu, Apr 21 2011 13:49:28

My class only have like 3 Pen spinners, who are actually interested in pen spinning, the rest only know charge :/ Well.. i aint all that pro in pen spinning, just know basic tricks that can really interest non-penspinners :P I would be just spinning in class, and the guy infront of me (Knows how to spin too) Would also spin with me, and we would laugh at each other, if any of us drop our pens XD There was a time when i was spinning then suddenly the whole class started trying to spin XD One guy failed miserably :P He was just doing the pen bending illusion XD Laughed like crazy! But i do say doing the thumbaround harmonic can please any viewers XD My friend was like "Thats a miracle!"

240. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Apr 23 2011 22:57:58

im the only spinner in my entire city. :'( you people with spinner friends make me sad

241. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Apr 23 2011 23:21:41

@drgripable thats y u need to inspire ppl to spin

242. Ryder
    Date: Sun, Apr 24 2011 09:08:25

10 people in my class are able to do the TA maybe the Infinity... My school has 3000 students but I am the only penspinner... Its sad!! :(

243. FusionX
    Date: Sun, Apr 24 2011 16:39:25

You guys probably need to try to inspire people (like your friends) to pen spin. I've inspired them to do Parkour, Speedcubing, and Pen spinning. But only one of them is as good as me (Gyrobius)

244. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 23:50:48

and there are only 3 people including me who know how to spin at my school...the rest are just like 'WHOA, HOWYA DO DAT?!"

245. aiman0802
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 01:32:29

public spinning is cool! i always do it when i was outing with my family and friends. luckily i've one or two friends to spin with when i was outing :) hahahha and i still remember when i was in a train and spiiiiiiiiiin from the start till the destination. one girl beside me talked to me as i finished a combo, 'how did you do that?' i was like 'WOW, first compliment' xD and she even ask me why the pen i spun looks weird. hahha and everyone that stands/sit near me in the train all is watching at me with amused/annoyed looks. in school, the spinning trend spread wide since me and my friend spin in the crowd and the school's bookshop starts to sell the zhigao penzgear.

246. Mufoofee
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 02:26:26

I usually do it in school and when people come up to me I teach them a TA to get them started.

247. gyrobius
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 03:08:05

When I try to get people into pen spinning I just do a bunch of thumbarounds with an unmodded pen so that they don't get too dependent on mod. And they don't try to start doing combos. The thumbaround should probably be the first trick to learn because it seems like the easiest to understand. The sonic and charge motions are too hard to explain.

248. drgripable
    Date: Tue, Sep 6 2011 21:52:29

when i try to teach someone, they tell me that they wanna learn the trick I DO and im like........ :D.........................its not ONE trick (DUMBASS :XD:)

249. DArKT
    Date: Wed, Sep 7 2011 02:13:55

Ussually,people don't care for my spinning...i would like to live in a Just-pser country'-'

250. gyrobius
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 03:51:27

I just become so happy when I finally meet someone who wants to learn how to spin... The only problem it that it's so hard to teach them.

251. CheezyNinja
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 15:12:57

i penspin every chance i get, so everytime im out in public, im penspinning.. i was walking by this chick and dropped it at her feet and she kept watching me after that lol

252. King
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 16:25:48

I spin a lot. But when people ask me to teach them i try, but they just get impatient.

253. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 22:24:39

people don't understand the TA......they basically do a really fast 1/2 triangle pass and turn their wrist so fast i never see some of my mods again.

254. Kari
    Date: Fri, Sep 9 2011 03:46:58

I like teaching people tricks. The only problem is that people give up to easily if they can't do something right away. You need to learn to be patient and do it exactly as I say and not how you want to do it. For example for ta people constantly move their thumb and/or wrist. I tell them over and over again to keep it still and they just don't listen. :facepalm:

255. Boxxy
    Date: Thu, Oct 6 2011 01:25:06

i have people walk up to me and ask but when they try they just give up :( and people also ask how i make mods but thats just it

256. phinamthi
    Date: Thu, Nov 10 2011 03:54:46

'-' I just hate it when they ask you "HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO DAT?" I just say, "Patience, my friend" Some of them come up again and ask me how to do that again and I try to teach them TA. 90% Fail and doesn't do it again because of of them being so impatient. o.e There's one thing that's amazing though. 2 People I have taught and are confident, one of them knows Pass really fucking fast. (Not as fast as me though :p) And one knows Charge really good. The two most unlikely tricks to be able to learn real good. Now. They both are practicing Sonic :D I feel proud

257. wee~
    Date: Fri, Nov 11 2011 06:27:45

^lol yup. my friend's are like, "teach me" and it really isn't a matter of teaching, just a shitload of practice. it's funny seeing people try doing a ta and being like, "OOH! I GOT IT!" and in your head you're like, "LOL NO" the person next to me in my classes are like..the fuck? why is she dropping her odd-looking pen all the time :facepalm: I'm the only girl in my school who can ps (except one who can do ta and my friend who can do a charge in 12 and 23) but there are a handful of guys who can pen spin in my school. i think only a few of them are serious PSers though. lol one of them is on upsb xD i have about a month of exp. and a severe case of impatience so it's only natural i suck in comparison to everyone else.

258. Xienix
    Date: Fri, Nov 11 2011 20:41:21

on school teacher. WHUT?!?!?!?!! class mates. dawm you´re pro dude the other part of the school, can yuo teach me that?!?!

259. subin_
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 13:33:13

at school when i ps i fill like i am being watched but in reality they will just be talking by themselves.....and some who sees it ask the most commonly asked question "woah! how did u do that" and some even ask"did u learned it by yourself?" and i say "yes i did"but in the end i tell them the truth...but if come girl sees it the just *glance*turn away and *glance * again but none of them have ever came to me to talk and I think i am the only penspinner in my country except for some which i have taught which is really sad 4 me(though i ave been spinning spinning for more that half an year)

260. LightSpinner
    Date: Fri, Dec 9 2011 05:04:52

i would either look at them weirdly and walk away or be like "well this is my sonic rise combo that goes into a shadow into a wiper" but that all depends on my mood hmmmmmmmmmmmm

261. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 23:13:21

This is a fundraiser performance for Calculus AB AP. My routine/solo begins on 4:58 (The guy in front, I can't dance at all LOL). I was pen spinning with glow-in-the-dark Vicgotgame mods but apparently the camera didn't show it. :/ At least the audience saw it. xD [video=youtube;PjTcJxQetME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjTcJxQetME[/video] The Calculus AB AP students hold this every year at MKHS just to show off how ridiculous or nerdy we are. :P I was doing a 2p2h combo and that poi thing that Dongza did. xD

262. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 02:58:49

spinnerpeem ! =D

263. Lito
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 06:17:32

there is this one guy at y school who pwns at yo yo, one is really good at chinese yo yo, while i just ps with no competition. i feel lonely

264. Sc00t
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 18:16:46

i just freestyle in public with fundamentals/arounds/shadows so as to try to avoid dropping it.. im teaching one guy to spin, he ordered Namae mod on penwish already and knows TA hamonic, double charge, sonic rise/fall, twisted sonic bust, index bak, midaround, and charge...

265. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Jan 28 2012 19:30:18

@JackyMacky aw, that was pretty cute. Also, heres a quote taken from a glowstringing forum, but I think it applies a lot to pen spinning preformance and presentation, especially for those out there doing live preformances etc. some of it doesn't apply, others need to be subsituted but it has a good mentality. If you are spinning for you, do whatever feels good and sparks your creativity! In terms of performing for others: Pauses, point and counter-point, variety in general are good. If you watch good performers, they tend to do things with or even without their props to connect with the audience. They pick themes and build on them. They pause and use anything from a gesture, mini finishing move, or crowd interaction to get applause and keep the audience tied in tight. From there, they change it up and use variety and different themes, to keep it fresh. Some times they come back around to a major theme and totally take that theme over the top for their "hardest" (in the audience's mind) finishing move to go out with a bang.

Presentation is key: Spinning for seasoned spinners is like play music for musicians. They automatically follow what you are doing to a high degree of understanding. If you pull a crazy combo that makes them go WTF?! then you have actually grabbed their attention... but for people who don't get it if they can't follow what you are doing from the beginning then they lose interest. So start out presenting something simple and build it up in a way that the audience can follow along with. Magicians do easy tricks first, that some people can even figure out, so as to set the stage for the hard ones that totally blow the mind of even those that thought they had it figured out earlier in the performance. So remember to start out simple and give yourself a slower build. Wait until the music is reallllly going off before you go off too. If you come out with your best stuff right off the bat, you will blow your load too soon. On crowd interaction: If you are confidant in your skills, pick crowd members that you are getting reactions out of, and give them a moment of spinning specifically to them. Or hell, pick people that AREN'T paying attention and get up in their face in some way: like a moment of mini light show, or stalling right near them. At festivals, if I'm wandering and gathering a crowd at night, I'll briefly spin around cooperative people using their personal space, give a moment of personal spinning or light show, or stall behind their head or in their visual field. If spun out people walk by and make stupid comments, I use a stall to give them a mock tap on the ass as they walk away, or if they walk into my space and make a stupid comment about getting hit I'll throw some stalls around them to show that I am in complete control of if they get hit or not. When you give personal interaction to crowd members and take it away from them, it becomes part of your game. Everyone starts wondering who you will interact with next. In theatre, this is known as breaking the 4th wall. If you've seen a good busker, they milk this for all it's worth. That said, you need to be willing to take on the responsibility of your crowds' safety if you take it to this level!! Spinning and performing are like music. Think of listening to smooth washy ambient tracks with no beat. It's nice but has the effect of lulling you into a hypnotic state and glazing you over. Important: It is the space between the notes that makes the music. The empty spaces and pause, however brief are where the beat comes from. It is the pulse of life! Having said all that from a more traditional approach to performing, spinning to fast repetitive electronic music, can make it easy to get repetitive and forget to pause. I know that I tend to go faster and throw way more wraps to say, trance. What you can get into is spinning and wrapping like you are drumming along with the interesting parts of the beat. Changes happen more gradually in trance, but every so many measure there is enough change to warrant you changing themes. Obviously you should have a big change and build up for a breakdown and build. Try to gradually change your pattern sequences just like the music, morphing recursively from one set of moves to another. Essentially you can be a human audio visualizer. So, back to wraps: Even if you are playing crazy combos off every body part, to the non-spinner it all starts to look the same, cuz the glow is what they focus on, not your body. Wear bright cloths that catch the light and accentuate your body if you want them to see more of it. Don't just wrap in wallplane. Wallplane is good for spiraling and flower patterns, like a spirograph... but simple weaves, butterflies and repetitive wraps start to look like the same old circles and arcs. The arcs wraps make can start to look more like lines anyway, so change it up with horizontal and nunchuck style wraps. Use the head-on lines at different angles to give a little variety and Bruce Lee feel. This way you can make it more 3d, give more visual variety and engage the audiences sense of space. Remember: every time you stall you can change to any direction or plane you want; any time you wrap you can use that like a stall to change to a different plane or angle, nunchuck style. Ok, that is probably enough rambling for now! So yeah it's not how many wraps but how you use them for the audience that counts!!! -Alien Jon

266. Nashi
    Date: Mon, Mar 5 2012 01:49:05

I hate being watched. People begin to stare and that annoys me and I start feeling watched. And then they ask annoying and stupid questions, and it is always the same. I guess i´ll just do it like a friend of mine, saying that i needed over 10 years to be as good as this and that it is very hard to learn and then hoping, that they´ll get uninterested.

267. Krible
    Date: Sat, May 19 2012 20:22:28

I've done some pen spinning on omegle.com lately and got various reactions. Most people think it's very impressive: http://logs.omegle.com/da4bc0 but some think it's a waste of time: http://i.imgur.com/hm18a.png

268. vertaz
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 00:22:48

The most important thing to remember while spinning for a public audience is not to drop the pen (obviously). Other than that, just string together some minicombos and linkages that you're familiar with. Also, unless I want people to go away, I personally keep going as long as possible without dropping the pen or finishing the combo. I also try to vary my spinning as much as possible (doing wipers, aerials, palmspin, transfers, stuff like that) in order to keep the audience interested.

269. Alex
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 05:15:27

I hate spinning in front of others they look at you like so serious cuz theyre amazed its fucking anoying

270. superawesomeguy321
    Date: Thu, Sep 20 2012 22:48:34

i like spinning in public cause it gets peoples attention, but i hate when they ask if theres like a record on how long you can spin. im like its how hard the tricks are, not how long it is. and thery just think its easy and go, "i can do that" then take my pen and start retardedly flipping it around

271. ...
    Date: Sat, Sep 22 2012 05:00:46

when people are asking how long you can spin for.. thats gets really annoying

272. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Sep 22 2012 08:51:38

easy solution: just do double charge and see when they get bored, or if you're A13x, just bust for the next half hour

273. ...
    Date: Sat, Sep 22 2012 22:32:00

i.suk wrote: easy solution: just do double charge and see when they get bored, or if you're A13x, just bust for the next half hour
    \ lol i.suk - sometimes i do continous figures 8's just to piss them off and say i can go on forever

274. Gash
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 00:49:01

Fingerless and power gets you all the chicks.

275. Sekai
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 02:22:18

Gash wrote: Fingerless and power gets you all the chicks.
    I agree with that lolol

276. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 10:44:49

just works with you. that wont get me any....but yes, i get my crush attracted tho :D

277. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 11:12:17

only works if face is as sexy as yours

278. utkarsh
    Date: Sun, Sep 23 2012 15:23:50

i.suk wrote: only works if face is as sexy as yours
    yeah. i can understand. your expression when you do multiple haituas

279. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Sep 29 2012 18:40:47

Whenever I spin at school, people just walk by, I think PSing makes me become invisible...

280. Vennaol
    Date: Thu, Oct 4 2012 13:58:08

Lol the most irritating thing is when people snatch your Ben and use it for the most disgusting things e.g. Stuffing it up someone's rectum. Lol and ya I get kind of irritated when my friend who can't even do charge asks me to teach him palmspin and I'm like "ok!" and watch them drop their pens so many times and I'm like hehehehe:)

281. Boxxy
    Date: Thu, Oct 4 2012 19:12:29

My parents don't like me spinning in public with them around

282. Dark Nite
    Date: Fri, Oct 5 2012 22:38:48

mine do too:/

283. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Oct 6 2012 09:29:04

Ugh, don't ever wanna spin at school again. Tried to teach a friend the thumbaround and while showing off a combo, some random guy came over and said "HOW DO U DO THAT????" And persisted till I gave up: "the internet" Now he comes over to us everyday, dunno how to rid of him, he knows my cousin so I can't just kick him aside, might post that in the off-topic section for help...

284. x3silver
    Date: Wed, Oct 10 2012 13:31:51

yea mine too. they feel im like a open public performer or something . but when im with friends. yea spin like no tmr

Boxxy wrote: My parents don't like me spinning in public with them around

285. Pens
    Date: Wed, Oct 10 2012 20:20:27

All the time.

286. astronaut
    Date: Thu, Oct 11 2012 01:17:10

I read the original thread on v3 and it said some pretty obvious stuff like power tricks being hard and non-pen spinners losing interest if you drop the pen. It also said power tricks are the most appealing of any category of trick from a non-pen spinner's point of view. So, should I use power tricks in public or shouldn't I? I mean only my really consistent ones.

287. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Oct 11 2012 05:47:25

astronaut wrote: I read the original thread on v3 and it said some pretty obvious stuff like power tricks being hard and non-pen spinners losing interest if you drop the pen. It also said power tricks are the most appealing of any category of trick from a non-pen spinner's point of view. So, should I use power tricks in public or shouldn't I? I mean only my really consistent ones.
    That's up to you, really. Do you think power tricks look cooler to non-PSers? If you really can't decide, try compare power tricks to normal tricks in front of a friend.

288. astronaut
    Date: Thu, Oct 11 2012 21:34:41

@Jay4 I know power tricks look cooler to a non-pen spinner, my question is whether they are worth doing because of how difficult they are. Power tricks are the most aesthetically amazing trick for beginners. But they are difficult because they are fingerless. Beginners may lose interest if you drop the pen and since power tricks are fingerless there is a greater risk than normal of dropping the pen. So, read the first sentence again and:stfu:

289. PERSIST
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 00:57:40

astronaut wrote: @Jay4 I know power tricks look cooler to a non-pen spinner, my question is whether they are worth doing because of how difficult they are. Power tricks are the most aesthetically amazing trick for beginners. But they are difficult because they are fingerless. Beginners may lose interest if you drop the pen and since power tricks are fingerless there is a greater risk than normal of dropping the pen. So, read the first sentence again and:stfu:
    Uhm, it's still up to you...

290. 20%
    Date: Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:31:50

No one gives a shit lol Only half a handful of people actually go like O_O what are you doing!?!?!

291. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Jan 6 2013 22:15:36

SwitchPalm wrote: No one gives a shit lol Only half a handful of people actually go like O_O what are you doing!?!?!
    Exactly how it is at my school

292. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 01:37:35

Spin in a birthday suit

293. 20%
    Date: Tue, Jan 8 2013 12:19:31

Jagex wrote: Spin in a birthday suit
    In public? Ugh no, just no..... Lol

294. Demotaiz
    Date: Mon, Jan 14 2013 02:49:27

Most of the time people come up and say i can do that and then do some weird fingerpass with their thumb thing.

295. The Zen
    Date: Fri, Mar 29 2013 17:05:55

My expirences would agree with KTrin93

296. Demotaiz
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 03:48:17

I regret ever pen spinning in school. Only about 2 people other then me can do more than a TA . So many people try to ps with these crappy mods they make and teachers are starting to freak out about it. I miss when I could Ps is school and people would ignore it.

297. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Apr 2 2013 04:02:00

Hey @SaturN, don't worry, that happened to me too in middle school, and I have some friends from STL who had the same experience at their schools. Keep trooping man. Educate them in what PS really is, turn it into something amazing and make some friends :)!~ Good luck.

298. Demetrius
    Date: Fri, Apr 5 2013 17:24:56

Lunchtime spinning minding my own business, and someone throws a dollar at me and I'm like HELL YEA!!!!

299. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Apr 7 2013 09:44:49

The Zen wrote: My expirences would agree with KTrin93
    He doesent have much experience.

300. Llama
    Date: Sun, May 19 2013 12:39:23

After I brought my buster to school, people have been interested and keep asking me to lend it to them. Everybody in class now know at least a charge. A few already modded and can do sonics and stuff but most are happy with their chargers. However, they still like to see others do other tricks like ta or sonic, or other stuff

301. JoloPSPH
    Date: Mon, May 20 2013 04:36:10

Demetrius wrote: Lunchtime spinning minding my own business, and someone throws a dollar at me and I'm like HELL YEA!!!!
    that happened to me lol while im eating but something isnt right tho he gave me a dollar to stop spinning :((

302. Eternity
    Date: Tue, May 21 2013 05:10:01

Spinning on the train is quite fun (and kills boredom too), but the downside is that 1) the entire carriage stares in your direction 2) people start betting on when you're going to drop the pen. Most teachers in my school ignore the spinning, though, as long as no Infinities are involved.

303. Obstracized
    Date: Wed, May 22 2013 04:21:36

I generally spin in school everyday. My Spinning in Class has been a Norm, so no one ever disturb or ask me about it. XD It's like, Let me do my own thing, I let you do your own thing. XD

304. Sayzer
    Date: Wed, May 22 2013 05:32:24

Never was and never will be a big deal, spinning in class. The teachers don't set much limits, they usually ignore it unless other people drop the pen 10 times per minute.

305. questionmark98
    Date: Thu, May 30 2013 08:15:23

I spin during school. People just ask how do I do that. And I just respond: MAGIC. Or something like that.

306. Demotaiz
    Date: Thu, May 30 2013 23:57:20

I have a teacher that just kinda stares at my hand and looks mesmerized when I spin my pens...

307. Heckload
    Date: Fri, May 31 2013 01:55:45

I just sit at my desk in class and spin away and close my eyes...... When I open my eyes half the class is staring at me spinning... BEST. FEELING. EVER!!!

308. Llama
    Date: Tue, Jun 4 2013 22:44:57

^i know right?

309. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 07:05:17

What would u guys recommend should be the level when I start spinning in public?

310. Gash
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 08:30:29

When you can spin any type of freestyle with really high consistency. I learnt my lesson.

311. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 11:07:27

Aydarkzero wrote: What would u guys recommend should be the level when I start spinning in public?
    [video=youtube;kMVeoJTyfb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMVeoJTyfb0[/video] [video=youtube;9S4RNQ6tX20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S4RNQ6tX20[/video] this is the level to aim towards

312. ShadowParadox
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 15:03:48

jesus that looks hard. maybe next year.... or the year after. lol

313. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 15:43:57

Get consistent power and spam it

314. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Thu, Oct 17 2013 16:14:37

It's not really about pure skill level, it's about consistancy and being able to make your tricks look good with some variety. ...Okay, there's skill involved. But those are the main points.

315. ShadowParadox
    Date: Sat, Sep 6 2014 17:27:27

So ive got a friend who pen spins with me and is buying a waterfall mod soon. Hes pretty average i guess. And taught about like 3 or 4 people a ta but they just cant be assed to learn anything else. I guess some peoples satisfaction levels are a bit low