UPSB v4

General Discussion / Have Hope

1. maunierox
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 01:10:08

no joke. it works. i was mesmerized. my boyfriend pen spins and he got me into it before we even started dating. he would spin around me and i would absolutely lose myself. it was so cool and it proved to me that he was good with his hands ;) have hope. just ask a girl if she wants to learn a trick of few. [she totally wants to] :)

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 01:17:00

Meh I think it's a bit awkward to just go up to a girl and like "Want to learn how to spinz yo penz?". I'd say only if she's slightly interested or goes like "how do you do that :OOOOOOO"

3. maunierox
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 01:34:40

well I completely agree aha I didn't mean to suggest doing anything with creeper status. if pen spinning draws someone in you can totally build on that. like it completely 100% works if you're smart about it.

4. walrus
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 01:41:25

@maunierox is your "boyfriend" a member of UPSB?

5. maunierox
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 01:51:12

indeed he is. he kinda put me up to posting this. :D

6. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 01:51:30

its sangara

7. Mike
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 02:37:28

No point in having hope. The human mind can only handle so much failure.

8. Mats
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 02:39:24

So I told a girl I used to fancy her madly when I was in college a few weeks ago. I asked what she would have done if I asked me out at the time. He's an extract: [quote='a girl a used to fancy in college']i found u very intelligent and witted and comical haha and sometimes fascinatin wen u did that thing with the pencil in ur fingers haha. [/quote]

9. maunierox
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 02:40:30

@Mike gah don't say that! :( talk to sangara. he gave up but I still came along. and the pen spinning was pretty awesome. :)

10. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Jan 29 2011 03:24:44

i think she is right, i have a girl in my class who actually came up to and told me to show her my spinning. She wasn't interested in learning it though. I don't know if she found it weird or cool but it still got her attention. I felt so damn cool B)

11. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 16:01:15

I find it kinda awkward to be honest... A lot of people see it as "showing off" I mean it's something intresting that you do, but I really don't do it as much because I don't like the attention.

12. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Jan 31 2011 16:13:18

just dont spin with an oversized mod lol

13. maunierox
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 08:38:26

stupid people see it as showing off. awesome people see it as something...awesome? haha idunno. if you're trying to show off then thats not cool but you can tell when someone's doing something for fun and just for themselves, ya know? it's a good trait to see that someone has put a lot of effort into something.

14. Rarity
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 11:09:55

I can never feel cool around guys... I study in an all-boys school...

15. Knightpal
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 17:24:07

Sucks for you Night Fury. Penspinning's exclusive at my school. Occasionally, someone stares in awe at my penspinning, yet all I'm doing are endless shadows or harmonics.

16. AoD1
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 20:01:17

there is no hope give up while you still can.... i should have yrs ago....

17. Hex
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 21:23:01

what if your not a good teacher?

18. sangara
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 21:31:33

Hex wrote: what if your not a good teacher?
    You're not teaching them, it's a flirting device. Just touch their hands.

19. Hex
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 00:13:00

b..bbut I am scared.

20. sangara
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 00:45:36

Hex wrote: b..bbut I am scared.
    Grow a pair or you'll die lonely.

21. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 01:02:51

ok so how do I try this? just like go up to them while spinning and say hey you wanna learn how to do this?

22. Mike
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:51:43

maunierox wrote: stupid people see it as showing off. awesome people see it as something...awesome? haha idunno. if you're trying to show off then thats not cool but you can tell when someone's doing something for fun and just for themselves, ya know? it's a good trait to see that someone has put a lot of effort into something.
    Too many people are ignorant so they don't bother with stuff that's unimportant to them.

23. Hex
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:56:12

sangara wrote: Grow a pair or you'll die lonely.
    lonely?! nono i don't want that. But what if they don't like it if i touch them?

24. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 02:58:00

Hex wrote: lonely?! nono i don't want that. But what if they don't like it if i touch them?
    I completely understand what Hex is feeling. He is Indian ...like me afterall

25. Hex
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 03:13:19

i am not ref... I just dont understand girls.

26. maunierox
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 07:48:06

i'll give you a hint: we don't understand ourselves either.

27. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 08:21:24

maunierox wrote: i'll give you a hint: we don't understand ourselves either.
    you sir have no pancake mix

28. Hex
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 15:16:09

epic win.

29. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Feb 2 2011 21:28:05

first time i have seen a girl admit it :O

30. Hex
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 04:50:28

that just proves that girls are a lost cause. Then again so is everything in the long run...

31. fang
    Date: Thu, Feb 3 2011 14:47:38

I think the interest for a girl for penspinning lies within the fact she already like the boy who is doing it. But penspinning is a nice thing when you try to get some attention from a girl or when a girl try to get some attention from you. I use penspinning alot to get in some conversation with other people, anywhere in the buss and trains and stuff...

Mike wrote: Too many people are ignorant so they don't bother with stuff that's unimportant to them.
    I have never see that before. I have always a nice conversation when I am spinning. only when they are busy with other stuff like reading or playing with their mobilephone. I have never seen someone be ignorant with my penspinning (maybe I am to good(NOT. lol)) they mostly say it is awsome or how I do that. I even got onetimes 1$, that person thought I was a street preformer.

32. Mike
    Date: Fri, Feb 4 2011 18:33:20

fang wrote: I think the interest for a girl for penspinning lies within the fact she already like the boy who is doing it. But penspinning is a nice thing when you try to get some attention from a girl or when a girl try to get some attention from you. I use penspinning alot to get in some conversation with other people, anywhere in the buss and trains and stuff... I have never see that before. I have always a nice conversation when I am spinning. only when they are busy with other stuff like reading or playing with their mobilephone. I have never seen someone be ignorant with my penspinning (maybe I am to good(NOT. lol)) they mostly say it is awsome or how I do that. I even got onetimes 1$, that person thought I was a street preformer.
    I was in the street, with a whole crowd of people walking (it was in the summer) and I didn't make a single dollar. People would look, and keep walking. Didn't even bother stopping.